Old 07-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #46  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone,

Bop. Nice to have you join in with your goals.

Great job everyone on staying OP over the weekend. I did okay except last night I wanted a snack and I had a few too many nuts and a glass of red wine. The scale was up 2 pounds this morning but I'm sure it's water from the sodium in the nuts because my fingers are so tight. Today I am drinking loads of water.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-04-2011 at 08:56 AM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #47  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Today's Journal

B: 1 serv RF bacon baked, sliced tomotoes, coffee, skim milk
L: Steamed shrimp, roasted asparagas, coffee w/creamer & 1/2 C milk
D: Turkey on wheat sandwich round & baby greens, 1 sl 2% cheese, mustard, 100 cal YoCrunch yogurt
S: 2 pks 100 Cal popcorn, peach, SF Fudgesicle, Extra gum
Exercise: Firm Express C2 Sculpt (DONE)

Total Calories 1354

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-05-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #48  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Good morning, everyone! I did pretty good on the OP challenge this weekend. Yesterday I had a few more calories because I really honestly was hungry and the bowl of cereal made me feel satisfied and full...and then I must have had food poisoning because I was sick for 3 hours in and out of the bathroom (sorry for TMI) and then had the chills all night. I am dehydrated and woozy today with a headache, so I'm going to be taking it easy.

Penguin ~ We're seeing Transformers 3 this afternoon...I'll let you know what I think of it.

And welcome, Bop!

Last edited by Emme; 07-04-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #49  
Stay Focused & Committed

Emme - I hope you feel better today. Enjoy the movie.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #50  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

today is one of my scheduled off-plan days. so hard to stay on plan when headed to my FIL's house. he grills. and MIL cooks with so much butter she could be paula deen. and there's always pie (i'm bringing one, that will hopefully be a lighter option). i'm not counting calories but i will do my best to keep things in moderation, and not have like, pie and cookies and tons of potato salad and 3 hotdogs or something. i've told myself one plate of food, NOT piled high for dinner and ONE dessert item. and if they happen to have a fire in the fire pit, ONE s'more. trying to keep the rest of today light and drink a lot of water in the mean time. celery is my friend

have a good day ya'll! happy 4th to the american folks
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #51  
I am in control.

GettinFit ~ yep, sounds like sodium to me...don't let the scale worry you.

Mandy ~ good luck at the get-together! It's great that you are keeping yourself in check without going overboard!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #52  
Stay Focused & Committed

Mandy - Your plan sounds like a very realistic one. I hope you enjoy the day at your ILs.

Emme - Thanks for the CC info. Now that I've gotten back on track, I will give CC another try. I just need to stay committed to tracking each day on My Plate. Instead of using the calorie intake they suggested, I manually set mine at 1500 calories for now.

Kim - I am going to take a page from your book and only weigh myself twice a month. I put the scale away and am going to try and not take it out until 7/15.

I hope everyone else is having a great day!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #53  
~Kim~

Evening ladies! I had another good day. On plan all the way. Had a good workout. I found a new workout dvd on netflix instant that I really like. The plan is to do a different dvd everyday during the week, so I'm glad to have a new one to add to my collection.

On plan Goal: 4/31
Water Goal: 4/31
Exercise Goal: 3/26
Checking in Goal: 4/31

GettinFit~ Good luck with staying off the scale. It really has been big for me, I hope it helps you too!

Emme~ I hope you're feeling better!

Mandy~ I hope your scheduled off plan day went as well as possible.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #54  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

today was fantastic, minus the fact that it started raining around 8pm and has not let up! i had grilled chicken and potato salad. fresh fruit and veggies. corn on the cob. sweet potatoes. a roll with butter. a small piece of pound cake and a small piece of the pie i made. i sampled while making the pie. and i had some lemon cookies on the drive home. there is a *small* chance i stayed within my calories today, cause i only had 300 calories worth of food before i went out... but i'm not gonna count on it.

the good news is, today's weigh in was way down. 258.2 this morning so a bump on the scale shouldn't put me too far backwards for long. especially since i made sure to get all my water in! i didn't count specifics beyond the 2.5 liters i drank from bottles, but i did have a couple other glasses of ice water, which likely put me upwards of 100oz.

back on plan tomorrow. MRI scheduled for 10:15 am. wish me luck!

weight goal: 4.2 pounds to go
calorie goal: 3/28 days
water goal: 4/31 days
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #55  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Mon 4th
B= 2c milk, vits
S= peach
L= salad
S= protein shake
D= grilled cheese, apple
S= cereal
E= 60min/4 miles WATP Ex Super Challenge

Mandy, sounds like you had a wonderful day! Good job on the weighin.

Kim, which DVD did you find?

Gettin, I used to weigh only once a week but then curiosity gets the best of me, and I find myself weighing more often.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #56  
ADL

S/C/G: 175/169/140

Height: 5"7

This is such a great thread! Ok, so my goals:
1. Drink 8 cups of water a day. This makes me feel bloated which isn't exactly sexy but it also prevents me from eating too much
2. Vitamins every day
3. Mix up my workout routine like go hiking or do yoga
4. Have a salad before every meal. This fills me up and leaves less room for the unhealthy stuff
ADL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #57  
~Kim~

Mandy~ Glad to hear your off plan day went well.

Penguin~ It's Self: Bikini Ready Fast! Not that I'm trying to get bikini ready. =) It was easy to follow and had lots of good and challenging moves. I'm going to try Crunch: Super Slimdown today. It's a mix of pilates and yoga, it's rated really well. I went through the instant exercise section last week and added about 10 workouts to try to my queue.

ADL ~ Welcome, good luck with your goals!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 07-05-2011 at 08:18 AM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #58  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning everyone

ADL. This is a great bunch here on this thread. I look forward to seeing you reach your goals too. Post as often as you can.

Mandy - Great job on staying in control and on your awesome loss. You are working your way down! I hope your MRI goes well.

Kim - Glad you had another good day too. You are going to be a knock out when your DH gets back! I made it through this morning without weighing myself. When I first woke up of course I thought about it but I realize it's a habit and I'll have to work on not thinking about it when I wake up. I did use the tape measure to measure my waist though. I'm working really hard to get that back down to a healthy range.

Penguin & Emme - I hope you two are doing good.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #59  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Today's Journal

July 5 Journal

B: Cheerios (100) skim milk (90) coffee, creamer (40) milk (45)
L: Turkey on Sandwich Round w/2% cheese & baby greens (220) Bryer's YoCrunch yogurt (100) 1 3Musketeer Fun size (63)
S: grapes (60) Light string cheese (50) 2nd cup of coffee w/creamer (40) peanuts (160) 2 tbsp cashew butter on 2 saltines, small plum
D: 1/2 grilled chicken breast with a tbsp bbq sauce, collards,
Exercise: Turbo Jam (DONE)

1428 Calories

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-06-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #60  
I am in control.

It sounds like everyone is doing great! Mandy, nice work on your WL and good luck with your MRI! ADL ~ Welcome! Penguin ~ The last hour of T3 is nothing but a fight scene...loooooong movie. Hello to everyone else!

I have decided to stop weighing daily. I started weighing at night so I could "guess-timate" how much I'd weigh in the morning and that is too obsessive for me. So, I am going to step away from the scale cold turkey. My goal date is July 31st and my usual weigh in days are Fridays, so I am going to WI on Friday, July 29th. I am even going to move the scale out of the bathroom and into another room's closet so I don't see it every morning. I feel like I am just becoming a little too obsessed with the number. It wasn't obsessive when I started calorie counting and weighing every day because it allowed me to find patterns in my body and discover how it works. Well, after 6 months of tracking daily, I know my patterns, so there is really no need to track daily anymore.

Last edited by Emme; 07-05-2011 at 10:21 AM.