Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 11:49 PM   #106  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Just a quick check in to update my exercise, added 10 miles on the bike this evening to my 10 miles walking, so 20 miles today total.

Really beat now...
Old 06-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #107  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

loss - 0
pledge - -2, exercise 7/7 days
Old 06-20-2011, 06:49 AM   #108  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pvNScJgcgo

Alright troops. It's a new week. What's done is done, but Sarge knows we can do better than 62% goal! Fight hard this week. Find your inner-Sarge, put in those extra 10 minutes, pile up an extra 10 miles. Give it ALL you got!

PLEDGES WEEK 6/19 - 6/26

Sarge = .5
Peanutt = 1
Courtney = 2
Kendrab = 2.8
Envelope = 2
Jeanettey = 3 & Cheat free week vs. Courtney
Cheshire = 2
Sarati = 1.5 & up mileage
DataGirl = 2
Celrae = 1 & 5 Booze Free days
RMC = 2
Bnh = 2
Pokey = 1
Kneed = 2
Reso=3
K3= 1
DCap = 2
MadamB = 2

Newbies Privates:

Josey = 2
Dumplin = 2 + miles + cheat free
Me1st = 2
Rated = 2.5
Shellfish = 3
Kris = 2 + miles + yoga

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL = 46.3

Last edited by JayTee; 06-20-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #109  
SARGE

Trekkers-- What better place to camp after Santaland that at the base of a statue of Popeye! Eat your spinach and march on!

WE'VE COMPLETED (1691.71) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA which puts us approximately at this portion of trail:

Grand Tower to East St. Louis (Missouri State Line)

The ADT continues north on a combination of back roads and maintenance roads on the top of the levees along the Mississippi River to south of East St. Louis. There are several historic sites along this portion of the ADT, including Fort Kaskaskia, founded by Jesuit priests in 1703 at the site of an Indian village; Fort de Chartres, built by the French in 1750; Modoc, where a rock shelter is said to be the site of the longest continuous habitation in North America; Prairie du Rocher, first settled in 1722 as a French trading post; and Cahokia, the oldest town in Illinois settled in 1699 by French priests who established a mission here. A statue of Popeye stands in Chester, home of the creator of the cartoon character. In St. Clair County the levee trail is known as the Metro-East Levee trails. The ADT crosses the Mississippi River into Missouri from south of East St. Louis on the Eads Bridge, using Metro-link, a pedestrian walkway.

Follow our progress at: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginner...walkingadt.htm

(week total / total miles since we started 5/11)

Sarge (41.81 /288.13),
Pokey (37 /132.5),
Kneed (15.2 / 52.70),
Celrae (25.97 / 92.62),
K3 (15 / 59.5),
Kendrab (13.6 / 73.5),
Chickadee (14.9 / 41.9),
Reso (88.1 /368.9),
Cheshire (24 / 107),
MadamB (4.8 /164.9),
Yoyo (25/ 67),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (15.5/54.7),
Bnhtla (18 / 67),
Tmil (6)
L3 (just joining)
Envelope (11.25 / 56.25)
Courtney (3.6 / 8.45)
Sarati (17.56 / 17.56)
Data Girl (32 / 32)
Josey (6 / 6 )
Rmc = (22 / 22)
Old 06-20-2011, 07:57 AM   #110  
At it again

I'm strong to the finish, 'cause I eat my spinach! I'm Popeye the Sailor man! -Popeye

Eat some spinach if you need to troops, but let's give this the full court press this week!

I did the 30DS again last night and, let's just say, getting out of bed was a little harder than usual this morning. Off to the gym, then a busy, busy work day. Have a great one everyone!

Thanks for the intro Sarge. The perceptions we come up with based on just our postings are sometimes not exactly on target!

Me: 50 years old, 2 grown kids, one almost-grown spouse. I have a FT job which I like and am in the process of launching a little writing venture, which I love, so I try to make every minute of my day count. I've been fat my whole life, so this isn't my first time at the rodeo, but this time feels different. Maybe even easier. Or maybe getting older has given me different priorities. Regardless, I'm here to give it my all, gain some motivation, and hopefully, give some back.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #111  
SARGE

RMC--Nice to "meet you," love the part about "almost grown spouse." We're very similar on that count & two grown kids. Also "launching a writing venture" is a great fit in this platoon. Pokey and others write "pantsless!"

Just read the results on the BL threads... CONGRATS to Kendrab for honorable mention on RED team and to Bnhtla for BIGGEST LOSER on BLUE team this week. Way to represent the platoon!!!!!

Old 06-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #112  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Lost - 0, Pledge - 2, Trekked - 120.1
Old 06-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

I have been married for 13 years to a wonderful guy. I am the mother of 9 yr. old very active twin girls, summer camp, swim team, and softball. I work full time. I run a small house cleaning business M, T, W. Then on Th, F, S, I work for a smoke house/charcuterie, we make lunch meat, bacon, and summer sausages. Food is my passion and I love that job. I am very lucky to have my girls in camp this Summer it gives me time manage my work and household responsibilities.

I have been over weight my entire life 225-245 for the last 18 years. During high school and college I did not weigh myself but, I was lower a size 14/16. Most of the women in my family are thin yet, struggled with eating disorders. At a young age I got the message that I was pretty but, fat (big boned). I didn't want to be obsessed with weight so I tried not to care. I want to be a positive example for my girls and I have struggled with how to make changes. My husband and I have decided to be more active and eat more whole foods. We are working on developing positive habits that will stick. For me this process is 50% emotional, 25% just doing, and 25% researching. I am trying to replace negative thinking patterns with healthy sustainable ones.

Looking forward to reading all the introductions.
Take Care

Last edited by celrae; 06-20-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #114  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

WOW, are we a chatty group . . .

Kendrab: HAPPY BIRTHDAY I know a week late but, but better late than never

rmc: I think you are the one who would prefer to "sit still" Ummmm, come spend a day with me, I think I'm the opposite . . . I can't seem to sit still for 5 minutes . . . unless I'm sleeping . . . ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

OK, SOOOOOOOO MANY PERSONALS and I can't even begin to address them all. SO, if you MELTED BUTT-ER THIS WEEK, If you gained . . . then you better get you BUTT-er IN GEAR . . . UP OFF THAT SOFA AND MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT . . .

SARGE: and double short 12+ pounds on meeting our goal . . . I surely didn't help either . . . OK so what's our punishment; double workouts, 10 extras or are you just gonna pull out that BIG OLE CAN OF WUP A** . . . we failed and are ready for our punishment . . . bring it on SARGE!!!!

OK, returned from BUTT-er melting get-a-way . . . albeit non-productive as the far as the scale is concerned. Although I rode the whole trail, it's an old rail line that has been paved over, so basically flat . . . of course torrential rains on Saturday wasn't exactly pleasant, I DID IT . . . Sunday my legs weren't even hurting after doing a bit over 45 miles Saturday (what??? ) Sunday the weather was beautiful, and no wind so I biked another 35+ miles . . . Needless to say my BUTT-er is a bit sore, but that's no excuse . . . I'm off to clean the tent (lots of catapillar poopies, ewwwwww) then BUTT-er melting activity.

Everyone have a GREAT DAY . . .
Old 06-20-2011, 10:18 AM   #115  
Living the Life

Morning Platoon!!

4 mile run done this morning, plus 1 mile walk for a cool down.
Was a little slow going at first but finished strong.

We have gained quite a few new members. Intros would be great!

Me: I'm about to be 28 in about a month. Married, no kids, but we have two cats to love on. I'm a teacher, so I'm on summer break right now. Yay! I was a bigger growing up. When I got to college and started walking the weight started to come off. Then I found running and I lost the rest. I got injured-slowed down and gained some back. So working off the last 10-15lbs now.

Motivation for the day:

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 06-20-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #116  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

OH AND

to all the newbies, I think there are 5 of you . . . BETTER HANG ON THOUGH BECAUSE THE WRATH OF SARGE WILL BE UPON US AND WE WILL BE MELTING BUTT-ER THIS WEEK!!!

Old 06-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 255/192/125

Height: 5' 3"

Intros: I am married with a 15 yr old son and a geriatric chocolate lab. I work full-time as a speech language pathologist in a pediatric rehab center and I pick up extra hours working at a school 1 day a week (also on summer break for that part, so I'm really pushing for some weight loss while I have a little extra time). I gained 50 lbs with my son and never lost it, and then I gained the rest during college and grad school- bit of a "stress-eater". My high was 255, which is pretty huge at 5'3". I have tried dieting more times than I can count, but I've never been really successfull and I've always gained it back plus some. My husband, who is not nearly as overweight as I am, was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes at the end of Feb this year. This was scary for all of us, but especially for my son. His father, my 1st husband suffered with severe complications from type 1 diabetes. When he learned that my husband has diabetes and that I am on the verge, he was devastated. He was terrified at the idea that this disease might be the cause of him losing 3 parents. His fear broke my heart and was the motivation to launch our new, healthy lifestyle. Since March, my husband has equalized his bloodsugars enough to go off the medicine, and I've lost 52 lbs. Still a ways to go before I'm out of the dangerzone, but I WILL get there.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnhtla06 View Post
Intros: I am married with a 15 yr old son and a geriatric chocolate lab. I work full-time as a speech language pathologist in a pediatric rehab center and I pick up extra hours working at a school 1 day a week (also on summer break for that part, so I'm really pushing for some weight loss while I have a little extra time). I gained 50 lbs with my son and never lost it, and then I gained the rest during college and grad school- bit of a "stress-eater". My high was 255, which is pretty huge at 5'3". I have tried dieting more times than I can count, but I've never been really successfull and I've always gained it back plus some. My husband, who is not nearly as overweight as I am, was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes at the end of Feb this year. This was scary for all of us, but especially for my son. His father, my 1st husband suffered with severe complications from type 1 diabetes. When he learned that my husband has diabetes and that I am on the verge, he was devastated. He was terrified at the idea that this disease might be the cause of him losing 3 parents. His fear broke my heart and was the motivation to launch our new, healthy lifestyle. Since March, my husband has equalized his bloodsugars enough to go off the medicine, and I've lost 52 lbs. Still a ways to go before I'm out of the dangerzone, but I WILL get there.

We had the diabetes scare too, husband sugar levels were high, mine slightly high. We both seem to be in check now. Full blood work will be done in late October and I will post before and after then.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:10 AM   #119  
SARGE

I'm enjoying all the "intros"... but really LOVE Chesh's motivational poster today, "...BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF I'M NOT TRYING MY HARDEST!"

TRY YOUR HARDEST! Jillian is just waiting to stand on your thighs and scream in your face!

Sarge already put in 8 miles today and may do more just to put a dent in that 12 pound excess from last week.

And have a good day!

Old 06-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

MadamButterfly- I will be hanging on and I look forward to the wrath of Sarge if it helps me melt some butt-er.

Intro: I am a 22 year old student. I just finished my Bachelors degree and I start again in 2 weeks (teaching program) . I was thin in high school but started to gain a lot weight when university started getting stressful. Now that I want to be a high school teacher I feel like I really need to get healthy to set a good example. I also know high school kids can be VERY judgmental so I would like to feel confident when I am standing up in front of the class.
Closed Thread