Old 06-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #151  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post
Emme - I just read your journal and it looks like we are on the same page with the sugar. I really over did it on the sugar & junk last week and now I feel like crap. I'm determined to make it through the day.

We can do it if we just put our minds to it!!!
GettinFit ~ Yes, it's really bad for me. I could eat sugar all day long and be just fine with it. I need a major detox from it this week. No snack bars with chocolate in it, no tapioca puddin' snacks (just the sugar-free jello snacks), no ice cream, no sugary snacks that my hubby has stashed in the cupboard. Once sugar gets a hold of me there is no turning away! We can do this...I'm so glad you've regrouped and are ready to start fresh! We can do this!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #152  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Emme - it is amazing what sugar can do to your appetite. It was a mistake for me to buy the 100 calorie snacks in bulk. Once I got started, I just couldn't stop. I have cleaned out the pantry and there are no more. I am definately back on track today. I didn't even use my coffee creamer this morning since it has sugar in it. Black coffee is something I could never do but I did this morning. I am determined to have a great week!

Last edited by GettinFit; 06-20-2011 at 10:23 AM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 178/174/128

Height: 5'7"

I am jumping in really late, but I hope to get a good start over the next two weeks. I hope no one minds. I am very impressed by your tickers, so this seems like a good place to start for success!

1. Lose 5 lbs by Sunday, July 3
2. Follow Runners World 8 wk beginning runners program (walk/run 30 mins/6 days)
3. Check in every other day
4. Follow SB P1
5. Write down everything I eat for the next two weeks (even when I fall off the wagon

Thanks everybody!
spudgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #154  
Stay Focused & Committed

Spudgirl - The more the better so just jump right on in. Your goals are great. Let me know how Phase 1 goes for you. I started today just to get all the sugar out of my system. A few years I did SB and lost 13 pounds during P1. We'll see how it goes this time.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #155  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Spudgirl, welcome, glad to have you join us
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #156  
Picking Myself back up

Height: 5'6 1/2

Spudgirl!! Welcome! glad you are here with us.. fighting the battle!!

today I had
1 yougrt 60 calories
1 sugar free pudding 100 calories
1 100 calorie packet of nuts
1 big salad.. veggies only
1/2 cup maybe smaller of dressing
1 piece of cheese
1 hot dog with bun ,

Not too bad.. i know i didnt hit 1000. and 8 glasses of water..

i might have a popicle before bed.. not sure.. No exercise today.. mondays are stressful for me..

hope everyone had a good day!
Grace73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:11 PM   #157  
I am in control.

Welcome, spudgirl!!

Friday ~ I'm sorry Mondays are stressful for you. I hope tomorrow is better!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #158  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good evening ladies,

I'm happy to say that I had a very successful day! I stuck to my plan of no sugar or carbs today and I feel great! I have not had an urge to cheat and I have a ton of energy.

Has anyone tried Sugar Free Popcicle fudge pops? OMG they are so good. I had to check the box to make sure I didn't mistakingly buy regular ones.

Have a great evening everyone and let's gear up for a perfect OP day tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:02 PM   #159  

Mon 20
B= protein shake, vits
L= chicken salad sandwich, melon
S= 8 homemade choc chip cookies {over the course of the evening}
D1= salad
D2= PBJ sand, Baked Ruffles.
E= 30min LB and 30min cardio

Gettin, glad to hear you had a better day and are back on track.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #160  
I am in control.

Morning, ladies!

GettinFit ~ I will have to look for those. And good for you for sticking to your plan! I hope your no sugar/no carb cleanse goes really well! I bet your body will thank you for it!

Hope everyone else is doing great! I'm up 2 pounds from four days ago from all the crappy sugar I ate over the weekend, so I am just going to stay focused, drink lots of water, and keep exercising. That's all I can do, right? The rest is up to my body!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #161  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

My goals for June:

1. Check in here daily
2. State my daily affirmations
3. Count my PointsPlus values (PPV), daily
4. Attend WeightWatchers meetings, weekly.
5. Continue with Insanity challenge 6x a week.
6. Make it into the 210's!
7. 5 fruits/veggie servings a day, minimum

Hi everyone,

So the last few weeks have been stressful ones for me due to an unexpected change at my job (which included a significant change to my schedule and a different work location, different responsibilities...) and also my fiance moving into my apartment. With all that stress and adjustment, I put on some weight! But now that I am somewhat settled into the newness at my job and settled in terms of my living situation, I'm back on track.

This past weekend was somewhat OP - I counted my points plus values (and was more or less on target), been sticking to my daily affirmations, and eating my five fruits and veggies. All month I've been learning/accepting the importance of preparation and planning when it comes to my health pursuits, and put that into effect in terms of my food choices. I have lost the stress weight from a couple of weeks ago! I have not kept up with my Insanity challenge workout however...but that is going to change when I get home from work today (because I planned for the 45 minute workout today!) I've also been going to my Weight Watchers meetings and participating more (a problem for me in the past).

So I just need to check in here more often. Hopefully the next nine days will bring me a bit closer to the 210's!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:23 AM   #162  
I am in control.

Tricia ~ I'm so glad everything has become less stressful for you...you had a lot going on!! It's cool that you do the Insanity DVDs and I read through your blog...I am soooo tempted to buy them, but I don't want to fork over the money. I can't wait to see what you think of it after you have completed it! I love hearing about results, pros/cons, etc.

Last edited by Emme; 06-21-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #163  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning everyone,

Tricia - I'm glad things are settling down for you and that you're doing good with WW now.

So far today is going very well. I'm still sticking to my low sugar & carb plan for a few days. I did my workout yesterday and will get one in today. It's been too hot to walk so I'm resorting to DVDs.

I hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #164  

no exercise. My hip, wrist and left ankle {stabilizer muscle} all got iced today, plus I'm feeling kinda sinus-y. I hope I"m not getting a summer cold. The the hip from a LB workout last week{leglifts}, left ankle from a Leslie day before yesterday?, and the wrist is ongoing but hasn't been sore for about a week, then started again today. Grr, but everything is feeling better. Tomorrow is supposed to be long cardio so I skipped today to keep on track tomorrow. I have a meeting/luncheon tomorrow so that should be fun!

Tues 21
B= Banana protein shake, vits
L= corn 'off' cob, refried beans {clean out the fridge lunch}
S= chips
D= chicken soup, bread/butter
S= PB ice cream
S= cereal {mistake! poured too much and got overfull, but gave the rest to the dog}
E= none

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 06-22-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #165  
I am in control.

Happy Hump Day, everyone! Last night sucked! Our freezer/fridge went out and almost all of our food spoiled. I am running on no sleep and it's a long work day for me. But, through all of the stress last night I managed (somehow) to not freak out and eat to help me get through the stress. I just dealt with it. I hope my day goes by quickly...

I hope you all have a great OP day!