Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #106  
Living the Life

MadamB-Yay for surviving the 5 year old! Great job with the treadmill. Enjoy your veggies, remember you are in public in the garden, keep it G rated, LOL!

Pokey-Awesome job, lapping everyone by 4! Whoo.

I just got back from my bike ride. About 50 minute total. I not sure how long it was since they were trails and I can't map it. I'm going to guess low so I don't go over and say 5 miles. It was great though. Even though it is hot as heck out here, the trails were wooded and that shade really helped.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #107  

Height: 5' 8"

As my muscles ached and yelled at me while I was doing C25K w1d3 I kept thinking NO EXCUSES and pushed on.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Everyone's really been on the move lately! Great job!

I just got back from a 15 minute walk on the treadmill during my lunch break at work! Woot! It's my first time back on gym equipment in....oh Lord, forever! It kind of felt good to get back on there. I know that sounds weird as heck, but it's true.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #109  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Quick post all...Sarge's mission nearly complete. On return to base now (SO BUCKLE DOWN) but wanted to quickly share what I just saw at the airport around me. There is a whole platoon of new army recruits waiting to board the same plane. The Captain had an upgraded seat and he walked up to the podium and demanded to be seated with his men. "I want to sit with me men. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me!"

Not only do I salute these guys, but it obviously reminded me of our little virtual "platoon" and how great it is to check in with you all daily. If you all can put in the work every day, so can Sarge!

Last edited by JayTee; 06-01-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Girlfromstelle: Yes it is. Unfortunately I ended up eating chinese food last night, but only a little bit

Celrae: I also rarely lost weight when sick, plus TOM will be visiting this week which usually results in a water gain. I usually have a whoosh not long after though so hoping for that

K3: Good luck with your new job!!!!

Cheshirecat: I wish I could exercise outside more, but my body doesn't take the heat well as I don't really sweat that much so my body doesn't cool down effectively. Today it is 96, and feels like 98! When I used to work outside (zookeeper) I used to come very close to passing out due to the heat, no matter how much I hydrated.

Chickadee: Well, I was doing well until I ate the chinese last night. I didn't count calories, but I'm pretty sure I went over. I'm back on track today though. And congrats on the scale moving!

kneed2lose: It is a productive cough. It's all caused by my sinuses. I have extremely bad problems with them. The cough is better today, but the pressure in my head and ears is worse.

envelope: I will be starting C25K, as well as Jillian's 30 Day Shred, on Saturday (if this sinus infection is gone). I know it's going to be rough for me until I learn to better regulate my breathing.

So today was the kids' last day at school (they got out at 11:30). Teachers still have work until Friday then I'm off until August I'll only have summer classes 2 days per week, and the rest will be free time to exercise my butt-er off. I really can't wait to have a steady schedule this summer as during the school year it is crazy due to working full time and school full time. Well gotta run, it's time for the staff's 213 celebration where they will be pulling names for different prizes such like gift cards, and the main ones: several $100 gift cards and a few $500 gift cards!!!! Hoping for some good luck!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 178/172/155

Height: 6'0"

Hello all, quick check in.

Yesterday I did a short 15 min jog on the treadmill and then a zumba class where I tried to push myself as bes I could. I was sweating like a pig!

Tonight is my day off from the gym and had a nice evening with my honey. We ate a home cooked meal and then did our groceries. He kept dragging me into the junk food isle, undecided about what snack food he wanted to get, and then walking away empty handed. My murderous glares made him finally select his snack of choice.

At least he agrees with me that ice cream will have to wait til Saturday.

Tomorrow will be more jogging and zumba.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Default Glad you are back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
Quick post all...Sarge's mission nearly complete. On return to base now (SO BUCKLE DOWN) but wanted to quickly share what I just saw at the airport around me. There is a whole platoon of new army recruits waiting to board the same plane. The Captain had an upgraded seat and he walked up to the podium and demanded to be seated with his men. "I want to sit with me men. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me!"

Not only do I salute these guys, but it obviously reminded me of our little virtual "platoon" and how great it is to check in with you all daily. If you all can put in the work every day, so can Sarge!

We all kept working while you were gone. Good news here! I discovered that I have been walking faster (and further) than I thought! 5 Miles today! I could never have done it without the Platoon!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:45 AM   #113  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

It's June 1st today, times up on my personal challenge, i failed to make it, weigh in today was 210, so i lost 40 pounds given the allotted 87 days, which is 3.2 pounds per week average.

Although i am somewhat dissapointed at not acheiving my goal i'm closer and closer to hitting it, revized plan is now hitting actual goal weight by July 1st, one month to lose 15 pounds, all i can do is try.

Still it's getting a little exciting being some major milestones approaching, no longer clinically obese, reaching onederland, hitting a years long goal, now is not the time to weaken, rather to drive ahead full out. I'm now wearing a belt with my size 38 jeans and am wearing size 36's as well, can't really complain.

Weekly miles are added 6.2 walking today and 3 biking, so 40.2 miles so far this week.

Still not feeling 100 %, glad everyone is pushing forward with such vigor.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #114  
SARGE

GOOD MORNING BOOTS! SARGE IS BACK AND KICKING HIS OWN A** AND YOURS TODAY!

Per Reso's last post I think each of us can relate to something here "...major milestones approaching, no longer clinically obese, reaching onederland, hitting a years long goal, now is not the time to weaken, rather to drive ahead full out."

PLENTY OF TIME FOR SAY 6 or 7 LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS TO MAKE SURE WE MAKE GOAL!

PLEDGES 5/29-6/4

Sarge = Gain less than 10!
DCap = 2
Rainbow = Pledge to entertain us this week!
MadamGoo: 1
Cheshire: 1
Peanut: 1.5
Pokey: 1 and Booze free til Friday!!!
Reso: 3
bnhtla: 2
Girlfrom: 2
Chickadee: 2
K3: 2
Kneed: 2
Kendrab: 2
dcap: 2
Dreamer: 1.5
Celrae: 1 & 5 Booze Free Days & miles
mcsr = 3
Tmil = 1

Maintainers:
Jojoyoyo - Still maintaining and trekking

Newbies:
Envelope: 2
L3: 1.5
IHeart = 1

Total platoon goal = 34.5

Girlfrom vs. Pokey in a one on one race to 140lbs!

COMPLETED (645.71) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:
Sarge (62.67/116.33),
Pokey (27/41.5),
Kneed (9.3/23.3),
Celrae (9.72/22.58),
K3 (14.5/29.5),
Kendrab (9/29.5),
Chickadee (9.6/18.2),
Reso (64.5/128.9),
Cheshire (21/36.5),
MadamB (58.3/106.5),
Yoyo (18/32),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (6.2/16.2),
Bnhtla (10/19),
Tmil (6)
L3 (just joining)
Envelope (just joining)

BL Summer Challengers
Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, Courtney, Sizzlin, Girlfrom
Blue Team: Bnhtla, Primm, Tmil

Peanutt -- 5K / 6/26, & 10K in September!
Pokey -- 5K / July 4th
Madam B -- Warrior Dash / 7/23
Kneed -- Warrior Dash / 6/18
Tmil -- Warrior Dash / October
Old 06-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #115  
SARGE

Reso--We're gonna throw one huge *** party here when you hit One-derland! And, you're gonna do it...what a remarkable achievement!

Yoyo--I'm really delighted that you're so into the Trek. I'm looking forward to our making The Golden Gate Bridge and then going back to see how far each person made it on their own. When you think about the miles you put in vs. walking across a state it's just kind of mind boggling to me to see how far we've all come!

girlfrom--love your humor..."junk food aisle the **** of grocery stores!"

Iheart--jog & zumba on! more "sweat like pig" and SLAP that husband for dragging you anywhere near junk food!

L3--Hope you're feeling better and won a gift card, but NOW you have the time to start making with the BUTT-er melting madness!

Courtney--Glad to see you post. Truly hoping you dig deep down to find that stick-to-it attitude that I know is in you!

Envelope--YES!!!! You've found your inner Sarge... "NO EXCUSES" push on!

Chesh-- hahahaha, "G rated public garden"... Trek on!

Pokey-- You made Sarge proud when you posted about lapping the others at "evaluation." I'm really looking forward to the Battle Royale between you and Girlfrom! I believe some serious weight is gonna be lost between that personal smackdown and the trash talk your husband was giving you a week ago. PROVE HIM WRONG GIRL!

MadamB -- Gooey, Gooey, Quite Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow? With Silver Bells & Cockle Shells, and pretty Zuchini all in a row?
Nice job on the treadmill! You absolutely can learn to love the treadmill so steal that 5 year old every now and then.

Rainbow-- Thanks for Surrogate Sarging with Gooey. How's that first week back at it going for you??? I have such high hopes for you in the BL Challenge!!!!

Kneed--What date are your board exams??? Keep getting at least a little exercise in to keep your head clear and stress low.

Celrae--Sarge has crawled aboard the no wine wagon with you! I shall be feeling your pain shortly!

Kendrab--While not a recent posting Sarge must admit he was secretly worried about your husband taking your scale. Between the extremely low calorie consumption a few weeks back, then your husband hiding scale because maybe you were obsessed with it, and the jerk making a comment which upset you I was worried you were going into some sort of tailspin. Focus on healthy...not all the other cr*p. I know, easier said than done. But truly, going too low, or losing too much too fast has serious consequences.

Chick, bnthla, Tmil and all the others I missed right now...hope all is well and that you continue to work hard!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes gang. Vegas was a blasty-blast...just the right amount of wrong, but the like the song says, "...the party's over...they've popped all the pretty balloons..."

Time for Sarge to hit the gym before all the celebrating turns his butt into one of those balloons!

Sarge

P.S. Leaving a smile on the face for a few out there...

Nice zucchini!

Last edited by JayTee; 06-02-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 178/172/155

Height: 6'0"

Um I just realised that I spelt 'junk food aisle' as "junk food ISLE" like it's some wonderful oasis resort in the middle of the desert or something...

This does not bode well.

Happy Thursday everyone!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #117  
Living the Life

Welcome back Sarge, Sir!!
Good to hear Vegas was a blasting good time.

I got my butt up and out of the house by 6:15 am to beat the heat and put in a 4 mile run, plus 1 mile walk cool down.

I just ate some breakfast and once that settles it's onto round two. Lifting my weights and growing my muscles. Whooo!

L3-I so hear you on the heat. I live down here in the South too. I'm afraid to see what July will be like since we have already been hitting the high 90s and flirting with the 100s!! Oy!

PS:
I see your zucchini duck (very cute), and raise you a Loch Ness Zuchinni.

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 06-02-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #118  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Holy cow what a week. Sorry I've been MIA but I was throwing everything I had at the cold that knocked me down Sunday night. I HAD to be feeling better by last night because I went to U2. Amazing show! Anyways, I'll be back later to catch up on what everyone has been up to.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #119  
SARGE

Peanutt-- I'd say about 95% of all runners always get a cold after a race. Recently noticed your siggy going lower and lower. WTG!

Chesh -- Check, and I raise you a Zuchchini Frog

HOP TO IT TROOPS!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #120  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

OH, LOVING THE ZUCCHINI ANIMALS

Ok, Day 3 of 5-year-old: Complete. I forgot to tell you all, this neighbor is the woman I bought Zumba for the Wii and would go over in the evening and do it with her, (this was several months back) then she got a cold and hasn't done the Wii since, UGH!!! . . . Now she complains that NONE of her shorts fit her and her house is WORSE THAN THE JUNK FOOD AISLE . . . Candy every where . . . m&m's, hershey bars, skittles, candy necklaces, gummie bears, oreos, chips ahoy, Doritos, chips, butterfingers, snickers, milky way, marshmallow peeps (from Easter) and JELLY BEANS <gulp> You name it, she's got it. We aren't talking a few bags, WE'RE TALKING EXTRA LARGE SIZED, SAM'S CLUB SIZED BAGS . . . I have been very strong, although I did eat 1/2 a scone yesterday . . . MUST RESIST TEMPTATION!!!!! This will truly be a test for me . . .

OK, I have been DREADING C25K, Week 6, Day 3 (running 25 minutes, all together in a row . . . ) I was stressing over it all day yesterday, but when I got to the treadmill, I thought if I can't do it, then I try again on Saturday . . . I did decide to lower the mph though and: I DID IT, I DID IT AND I was thinking while I was running, that I would try to do an extra 100 seconds (10 x10) to complete my 10 extras for the week. Not only did I do the extra 100 seconds, but I actually ran 30 minutes, instead of 25 . . .

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO: C25K, Week 6, Day 3: COMPLETE Now off to the garden (yes Cheshire, TOTALLY G-rated in the Garden)

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!! Personals after I return from checking Zucchini
Closed Thread