Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #151  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Sarge - I'm definitely going to do that from now on. With the exception of the Bachelor/ette (shameface, but I LOVE this franchise), I watch everything online anyway, and Husband has hooked up the computer to the tv, and has now moved the bike into the living room. Instead of sitting on my big butt while watching my stories, why not pedal away!?

I hope I've dropped 4 by Sunday! Definitely going to be having a drink or two this evening...it's been another long, liquor-free week!

Last edited by pokeycactus; 06-03-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #152  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfromstelle View Post

But don't get any ideas Pokey! This race is still on, and if I need a little extra momentum or a freakin' jet pack, I'm gonna win!!!
Girlfrom - Thanks for the congrats...and...in the spirit of friendly competition...you are NOT going to win. I AM.

Last edited by pokeycactus; 06-03-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #153  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Ahahahahaha... love this platoon! In the spirit of (ahem) "friendly competition" is why we started this thread in the first place... can just see Pokey & Girlfrom's gloves coming off already!

Yeah, and why is it the weeks seem so long when no drinking is involved??? Hmmmm, I better go read that 12-step brochure again.

Has anyone seen MadamB or is she still in her garden self pollinating her pumpkins?

3 LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS TIL WEIGH IN!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #154  
Writer. Often pantsless.

I think self-pollinating pumpkins is the dirtiest one yet.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycactus View Post

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 06-03-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #156  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hi platoon!

I've been op with diet and workouts - hope to post that -2lb tomorrow!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #157  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycactus View Post
LOL, my mom showed me how to self pollinate pumpkins when i was a little boy, way before i would think anything untoward of it, i remember i used to do it all the time.

MadamB : LOL,

Another long day, only walked 6.2 miles so 61.8 this week and counting.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:46 AM   #158  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Evening, all.

So, I left work early today and went shopping, because I just couldn't handle the stress of work for another few hours and I really needed to find a dress for the conference dinner coming up in a few weeks. And I bought a dress... and it's leopard print. I don't know yet if I have the courage to wear it. My husband seemed to like it though, lol. (This is the dress: http://www.ralphlauren.com/graphics/...d_v360x480.jpg). The best part, I think, was that I shopped for it in the regular (rather than plus size) part of the store. Other news from today... got to the gym and did a strength workout plus a bit of cardio, calories are just under 1057 today so far with nearly 100g protein, and this morning my weight passed the halfway point on my ticker.

Sarge: No worries about me giving up, at any point. Even when I'm in a funk I'm still very committed to losing this weight, and that committment hasn't flagged even a tiny bit. Speaking of airline seats... I am flying overseas in 2 weeks, and am really looking forward to being a bit more comfortable (still relative on a 9 hour flight) in my seat. Hope your drink was enjoyable tonight!

Resolute: Gosh, only 61.8 so far?? Thinking about you.

dacpulet: Hope the weigh-in goes well for you.

girlfromstelle: With all you're doing, you'll have that small gain off in no time. The important thing is that you're sticking with it.

pokey: Glad the class went so great! It sounds like both of them will be a lot of achey fun for you this summer.

Courtney: Way to fit it in! Wherever you can get it, it's a help.

MadamB: The music makes a HUGE difference. I hadn't even realized until I didn't have it. Tonight was the first time I got to listen to music during my strength workout too, as the little thing clips right onto my clothes. Loved it. Great job on your long run the other day!! And be careful around those pumpkins... you don't want them to get the wrong idea...

K3LL3Y: I'm glad to hear that you've been able to stay so on target with the new job this week! It's great that you can develop those work-mode healthy habits right from the start with this new position; they'll be easier to stick to that way!

bnhtla: Great job with the C25K!! I bet it feels awesome to move past that previous block.

peanutt: I hope you're feeling better!

cheshire: Thanks the info on NROL! I may pick it up at some point. I like the lifting routine I'm doing now and it incorporates some of the same exercises, but I will probably want to change it up a bit at some point. I am curious too about how much weight I *should* be able to lift, but have no idea how to assess that. I am definitely still preserving muscle and hopefully still gaining some, but I really have no idea. I DO know that my biceps are super sore tonight, lol. Anyway, I hope the workouts go well for you!

I'm sure I missed a bunch of people - sorry! I'll be more present this weekend.

Last edited by chickadee32; 06-04-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

chickadee - LOVE that dress!!!! You are going to look smokin' hot in that! You go girl!!!!

GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!

Rise and shine! You all know what today is, right? LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!!! Tomorrow we have to face Sarge and fess up with the scale. Is it going to be a good meeting or are you going to be feeling very small for not doing your part? I am aiming to do well today and make my weigh in go in the right direction!

My husband has the car today. Why? Because the washing machine is fixed and I don't have to haul all my clothes to my mom's!!!! I am so excited that it's fixed! I was scared to death that I was going to have to go buy a new one. So, since I have no car I am stuck at home all day. That means I have to find physical activity that I can do at home. So...hmmm...besides doing the laundry...I think maybe I'll be getting together with Leslie Sansone on my DVD player for some Walk Away the Pounds this afternoon with my ceiling fan on high.

Have a wonderful and productive day!!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #160  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT8FAm3TQ-M

TIME FOR THE FINAL PUSH TROOPS! LAST, LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS! LAST CHANCE TO LOSE THOSE MEMORIAL DAY POUNDS! GET OUT THERE AND DO IT!!!!

Courtney--Love the enthusiasm. Enjoy your date with Leslie this afternoon.

Chick -- LOVE THE DRESS!!!! Wear it! Wear it! Wear it!

Reso-- So many hugs for MadamB! You'll make her day when she checks in! Feeling better?

Pokey & Girlfrom -- hahahaha. I just looked at the BL weigh-in thread. You two are actually posted right next to each other so it's gonna be SO easy to see who is ahead each week. This is gonna be so much fun to watch for the next few weeks. Buwhahahahaha.

Dcap--Nice work! Love your posts... I did it. Done!

Sarge off to add a few more miles to his measly total for the week.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #161  

Height: 5' 8"

I sure wish I burned more calories doing laundry, since I have a ton I need to do.

I have been on target all week and am looking foward to tomorows weigh in. I will be converting my intentional steps to miles tomorow, I think I will end up over 15 miles.

My fingers are feeling a bit bloated today, so I will make sure I drink a ton of water...maybe that will help bring the weight down even further.

Last edited by envelope; 06-04-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #162  
Living the Life

Happy Morning to All!

5 mile run done. Plus 1 mile walk cool down. Except for a slight twinge in my left knee it was great! I got out before the sun and the humidity got together to steam bake me.

Chickadee-How much weight is a mystery to me too. I'm trying to figure it out by the trail and error method. LOL. I put some on (I have the dumbbells you can change out the weights) and go through the set and readjust from there. I 'm going to go with the thought that if I can push out the last rep still maintaining form but would be hard press to do another set then it's the right weight.

And that dress is absolutely awesome! You should definitely rock it!

Courtney-YAY for a fixed washer!!
Old 06-04-2011, 10:00 AM   #163  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Away on a special mission in the mountains this weekend. It's tough work but someone has to do it!

Lost 1.8 lbs this week.
Pledge 1 lb for next week.
Can't remember how many km trekked because I didn't update my signature faithfully!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #164  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Sarge - love the youtube!

Envelope
- 15 miles! awesome!

Chesire - way to be on it! Humidity is awful so props to you!

peanutt - good luck on the mission

Me - married 6 years strong today, off to MD to see some friends, and down 3.7 for the week!

Pledging 2lbs for next week sir!

Enjoy the weekend platoon!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #165  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Just a quickie

Went running/walking this am . . . will go check mileage on my bike, then a bit of biking, but my DA*N speedometer/mileage thingy refused to work so I loaded the bike on the car and went to the bike shop . . . UGH, it was an easy fix so I'm set to go AGAIN . . .

Picture perfect day, it's suppose to be 80, low humidity and almost no wind. So I'm stuffing my face, then off to rack up some miles as almost all my miles were walking/running this week

Peanut: Have a GREAT time!!!

Chickadee: GREAT DRESS!!!

Cheshire: Always amazes me when you post miles . . . i can't even run 3 miles . . . YET . . . but maybe soon

Pokey: Pollinating pumpkins . . . OMG my mind went into the gutter SOOOO FAST . . .

Reso: Sending me lots of hugs and a heart, hmmmmmmmm, maybe you can help me hand pollinate my pumpkins . . . I mean you are experienced and you could guide my hand, so I do it right . . . . . . OH, SOOOOOOO FUNNY IN MY OWN HEAD!!!

SARGE: Trying to keep it G-rated, but with Pokey posing pantsless and hand pollinating pumpkins . . . ummmmmmmm, well virtually IMPOSSIBLE

OK, replenished on the food, will grab a new water bottle and off to trek some bike miles
Closed Thread