Autumn Beauties May Check-In (Anyone is Welcome!!)

You're on Page 1 of 20
Go to
  • I can't believe May is already upon us. Everyone is welcome to jump right in with your goals for the month of May. Let's all have a great month!!!

The May Challenge:
    1. Set a simple weight loss goal for the month of May ~ if you don't feel comfortable setting a weight loss goal, feel free to set a different weight-loss/eating goal (i.e. I will stay at or below 1800 calories every day, etc.)
    2. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to work-out in May.
    3. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THIS THREAD and check in with us. This is important and a great way to stay on track.
    4. Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do!

Bonuses (Should You Choose To Accept Them…)
    On the days that you don't exercise:
    •Pick 2 or 3 songs and just dance around to them. Your heart rate will be up and jumping for 10 minutes and you'll feel great (who doesn't like to burn off some energy/steam through dancing?!), or

•Park a little farther away from anywhere you go on that day (work, store, etc), or

•Do both!!

Alright everyone, Let's rock it this month
  • My Goals for May are:

1. Stick to eating right and watch the sodium
    2. Do some type of activity at least 5 times a week
    3. Post here daily
    4. Try more recipes
    5. Stay on track every single weekend in the month
    6. Avoid weighing myself every day. Try once a week on Friday
    [/FONT]
  • The May Challenge:
    1. I would like to lose 8 lbs
    2. Id say 15-20 (I have to work this around other ppl in the house)
    3. post here every day!!!

Great to be here for the start of the month!!
  • I want to join in here! Looking to be beautiful with my 9 months pregnant belly this autumn. Trying to gain no more than 20 lbs total and be fit to help with labor, and get back to the weight loss afterwards.

1. Gain no more than 2 pounds (pushing for about .5 lb/week... doctor said this is just fine for me).
    2. Exercise every day at least 30 minutes.
    3. Keep accountable on this log daily.
    4. Eat protein with every meal.
    5. Keep up with laundry and dishes even when I'm exhausted!
    6. Have healthy snacks available and at hand for myself, the kids, and the husband.
    7. Dance to (and sing) Shakira music daily when my husband is not home to chastise me.
  • May Goals:
    Weighloss goal is 10 pounds.
    Stay in calorie range of 1200-1600 daily.

This month I'm also going to track my carbs. Net carbs goal is 50-75 daily.
    Water intake including green tea 100+ oz per day.
    Exercise as many days as possible. Sunday is rest day.
    Post on the thread everyday to help me stay accountable!
  • Thanks for starting this, GettinFit! I have a feeling that May is going to be a great month for us all!

My goals:

1) To see 174. And maybe 173.9, lol!
    2) Do some kind of physical activity at least 4 times a week
    3) I will check this thread daily and probably post daily, too!
    4) This is my birthday month, so I know that one weekend is going to be off-plan (I'm still going to watch what I eat closely, though), but I'm going to push and make the other weekends on-plan.

Good luck, everyone!

May 1st ~ 177.6
    May 6th ~ 177.0
    May 13th ~
    May 20th ~
    May 27th ~
    May 31st ~
  • The May Challenge:

1. I would like to be at or below 270 at the end of May.
    2. 15 days of working out in May (I know it's low, but I'll be getting married, going on my honeymoon, and helping my new husband move in this month)
    3. I will check in daily, minus may 20th thru may 27th (wedding prep stuff + wedding + honeymoon)
    4. 80oz/2.5L water (or more) per day!
    5. 1600-1800 calories per day.
  • Ok--
    1) I want to weigh four pounds less.
    2) I want to start jogging one day a week and keep going to the gym and burn 300 calories (at least) three days a week.
    3)I want to stay below 1400 net calories.

We'll see how it goes!
  • Everlasting, k0nfyo0zed & Stopfat! I'm looking forward to hearing about your successes. Keep us posted.

Emme, Kim & SMS your goals are all great.

I have a feeling we're all going to do a great job too. I can't wait to see where the scale ends up for me.

Emme - I just know we'll be celebrating your 100 pound loss this month.
  • Thanks for starting the May thread! Hope you're all well! I was just going to write it up but you have it covered . I've been sort of in maintainance mode...which is better than gaining I suppose . Here's to a great month for all of us!

Monique
  • Hi to all the newbies in the group! It's great to have you all! I can't believe May is here already! This year is really flying by. I have two favorite quotes related to time and losing weight/getting healthy:

*Time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well do something with it.
    *A year from now, you'll look back and be glad you didn't give up today.
  • Happy May!!!

Goals for this month:

1. Lose 4 pounds
    2. exercise 5 days a week
    3.Visit this thread as much as possible
    4. Stay on plan on the weekends!
  • Morning everyone! Happy May!

So my weighin this morning was weird. I was really worried that I was going to be up on the scale, and I was. But only by 2.2 lbs. So yeah, it stinks that I gained, but I gained a lot less then I thought I would so I'm actually really happy with my weighin.

My starting weight for May is 237.8. I'm hoping to make it to the 220's by June 1st. I'm going to weighin mid month so my next weighin will be May 15th.

I hope everyone has a great month! I'm ready to get started. =)
  • Good afternoon Beauties,

Kim - I'm glad your W/I wasn't as bad as you thought. Hopefully you'll have a nice loss at your next W/I. Stay strong this week.

Emme - I'll have remember your quotes especially this one "*A year from now, you'll look back and be glad you didn't give up today."

Everyone's goals for the month are awesome! Let's all stay committed and motivated so that at the end of May we can all be a few pounds lighter!

As for as our challenge to stay OP this weekend goes, I'm happy to say that I have done very good. Last night I ended up having 2 glasses of wine and some Chex mix but I stayed in control and didn't overdo it.

Today has been good, in fact I'm having to make myself eat a little more so that I will get in enough calories for the day.

Enjoy the rest of the day
  • alright. day 1. it's like a blank canvas for an artist. i will paint it with bold strokes of success and awesomeness!

to get started: 275.6 for my "first of the month" weigh in that i track. well i track daily, but i have separate spreadsheets for daily/weekly/monthly. why yes, i am a nerd, thank you for asking!

did my little dance for seeing a new pound down. don't know where i heard it, or if it was something my brain made up but i live by "every pound is a victory, celebrate!" and so i did. my celebration may have looked like frog in a blender having a seizure, but i did celebrate!

got my 32oz jug of water and my fat free, fiber-one yogurt sitting in front of me. yes it's almost 3 in the afternoon. no i haven't eaten yet. yes this is my regular schedule. i usually work 2-11, i maintain my eating schedule on days off. got my wii game to punch air all loaded up and ready to go for my exercise! day 1 is shaping up to be full of success