Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

Your last part totally just hit home for me! A few months ago I got bronchitis and the effects lasted a month. I could have EASILY stuck with eating right and some walking but instead said "I deserve comfort food. I'm sick" and crap like that. For a month after I was better, I still ate like crap and was lazy! When I stabbed my hand yesterday I immediately said "I deserve a burger for this!" seriously? What does a burger have to do with my hand?!? I'm glad I actually learned, finally, that any bump in the road does not mean an excuse to fail!!!

Thanks for posting this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamButterfly View Post
ALRIGHT, SARGE IS BAAAAACK!!

Kendra: WTG on JM's 30 day shred and glad you found a way to modify those push-ups . . . NO EXCUSES, YOU JUST MADE IT

OK, ladies & gent SARGE is BACK and on a ROLL so watch your BUTT-er because I thought I heard that helicopter warmin' up!!!

SARGE shared with us some time ago that only 12% of people succeed at weight loss and after thinking for a bit . . . I think a majority is because they make excuses not to do the work . . . I have a splinter, I cut my hand, my knee hurts (there are times when you can't do the work, pneumonia, stuck at the hospital with sick kids) life happens . . . it's so easy to make excuses . . . but this thread is about those who are willing to overcome ALL those obstacles that life throws our way, sometimes on a daily basis . . . that doesn't mean we're perfect (I know I'm a LOOOOONG way from that) we are all going to slip and fall off the wagon and eat 1/2 a bag of jelly beans TRUST ME, SARGE WILL KICK YOUR BUTT-ER UNTIL YOU'RE BACK ON TRACK . . .

SO LET'S KICK SOME BUTT-ER THIS WEEK AND MAKE SARGE PROUD!!!!

NO EXCUSES, JUST DO IT!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:15 PM   #107  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Awwwww MadamB, at the risk of Sarge almost seeming compassionate again, thanks for the recap! You're right! Sarge is indeed warming up that apache attack helicopter. As stated in our original declaration of intent on the first page of each new thread, reading too much touchy-feely crap makes Sarge's eyes bleed! That's why it's nice that we have a supportive balance in the platoon.

To those who've already melted their butt-er today, Sarge salutes you!

Last edited by JayTee; 04-25-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #108  

S/C/G: SW-213/GW-170/CW-194

Height: 5ft 7

I was up today at 5am, had to be out by 5:45 and had like 4 hours of sleep. Needless to say I was dog tired after my drive home. HOWEVER, I put on one of my fav personalities podcast and did some hill climbs on the treadmill. Afterwards I stretched and it felt great! I want to do my workout before work tomorrow. Oh and I did my walks throughout my workday too! It was a leisurely pace but my goal was to get some air and take a stroll. I'm off to eat, relax and get to bed at a decent hour.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:12 PM   #109  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Kendra . . . You crack me up, I stabbed my hand, NOW I DESERVE A BURGER . . . TOOOOOO FUNNY . . . BUT THAT'S HOW WE FAIL . . . glad you're thinking straight . . . we ALL have our days though . . . wish I had someone to check out my posture (I've never even thought about that . . . maybe I'll move a mirror upstairs, at least I can watch myself)

Lucy: don't worry about it (we've ALL done it ) . . . that's why we have SARGE . . . to keep us on the straight and narrow NOW BUST YOUR BUTT-ER PRIVATE . . . LOLOLOLOLOL

OK, workouts for today: (I was off work, so I got a LOT done)

1. C25K, Week 2, Day 1 . . .
2. Walk (2+ miles, I walked back from the car fixin' place, they kept trying to give me a ride, but I just kept saying, NO, it's a beautiful day . . . )
3. Biking: 20.95 kM (that's 13 miles to the rest of us), 400 crunches and after a bit, 100 bicycle crunches . . .

I done did GOOD today . . . tomorrow . . . hmmmmm do I hear Jillian calling me????

OK, ladies and gent . . . it's time for our "A" game . . . I said this or something really close 1 or 2 threads back:

I've never exercised and then said "I wish I hadn't done that" . . . BUT, I HAVE sat on the couch tooooooo long, ate half a bag of jelly beans, a whole bag of chips, cheesecake, pizza (with a few too many beers), a pint of ice cream and EVERY TIME I say: WHY DID I EAT THAT, UGH!!!! (and I feel like CRAP afterwards)

Remember if you slip off the wagon, it doesn't mean you get to jump off the cliff . . . WE CAN DO THIS . . .

OK, my car is ready and I'm off for my 2+ mile walk back to the car fixin' place . . . today was a GOOD day for me, but who knows what tomorrow will bring . . .

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD NIGHT . . . AND COME HERE IF YOU'RE FACING OBSTACLES (SO YOU CAN FIND WAYS TO OVERCOME THEM) OR NEED A GOOD KICK IN THE BUTT-ER!! (I KNOW I NEED ONE REGULARLY . . . <sigh>)
Old 04-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #110  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

MadameB - you saying: "Remember if you slip off the wagon, it doesn't mean you get to jump off the cliff" reminds me of someone on this site saying once, "If you trip down a few stairs, you don't stand up and fling yourself the rest of the way down."

That mental imagery has always stuck with me - partially because it's good advice and partially because it's hilarious (in my mind, anyway!!!). I can totally see the silliness of someone throwing themselves down a flight of stairs!

Now, I see someone rolling off of a wagon....
Old 04-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #111  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Hey don't look at me, i had emergency abdominal surgery and took one day off, then proceeded to exercise as much as i could and lost 8 pounds that week to boot.

Today i've walked 10K and biked 12K so far, been easy though as i have the day off, will do one more bike ride, not sure if before i eat or after, hopefully cals will be around 2200-2400, not going to get much lower as i've had quite a bit so far today, one of the problems with sitting around the house doing nothing.

Back to routine tomorrow, i so hope i can bust through the 220's into the 210's this week. I'm not going to swear i'm going to but i swear i'm going to try my hardest, we'll see i guess.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #112  

I'm glad he was checking my posture. He's like my own personal sarge lol. At one point I said "I don't fricken care if I'm doing it wrong... At least I'm doing something!" and he goes, "yeah, that attitude will make you lose your ---" haha. He knows that I need the swift kick and goes right for my biggest problem area (that he loves and does not see as a problem lol). He definitely kept me going through day 1 of shred but I wanted to punch him by the end. Love him

In about half hour I'll be going to do day 2 of C25K. I'm tired but I'll make it through it. My "side goal" is to start week 3 off without waiting till night time. I WILL run during the day!!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #113  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Holy cow - chatty platoon! I go away for the weekend and come back to a new thread with 3 pages already? Awesome!

I'll post quickly now and then go back to catch up with everyone. I weighed in Friday morning before we left and was down 3.8 lbs last week. WOWZA! I think one of the scale fairies found her way to my house. I'll send her on to someone else for a while!

This week will be less stellar, I'm sure. I have some work to do to get rid of the "baggage" brought home from Easter weekend at grandma's. I ate smaller portions of the worse stuff and loaded up on veggies and water. I'll see where I'm at on the scale tomorrow morning and pledge for the week based on that.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #114  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

OK, last post tonight, I promise, (maybe)

SOOOOO INSPIRING TO ME: I was walking to the car fixin place. I walk by a laundromat and there is a, ummmmmm, larger woman outside running in place, doing jumping jacks, and other such exercises. She had two kids with her, maybe ages 4 & 7 (I'm guessing), they too are jumping around "exercising" they were yelling: YOU CAN DO IT MOM, JUST ONE MORE MINUTE . . . talk about SUPPORT . . .

Pokey: Oh I like your analogy better . . . oh sooooooooo funny in my head too!!!

Reso: you crack me up man . . . Quote: "Hey, don't look at me" Well, I think SARGE is going up in that dang helicopter and keeping an eye out for "frackin' easter candy" and to make sure we're all HUMPIN' OUR BUTT-ER . . . LOLOLOL (I don't have any jelly beans, so I'm good )

phillygirl . . . WTG on getting it done . . . and like you said, "it felt great"
Old 04-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Holy cow - chatty platoon! I go away for the weekend and come back to a new thread with 3 pages already? Awesome!

I'll post quickly now and then go back to catch up with everyone. I weighed in Friday morning before we left and was down 3.8 lbs last week. WOWZA! I think one of the scale fairies found her way to my house. I'll send her on to someone else for a while!

This week will be less stellar, I'm sure. I have some work to do to get rid of the "baggage" brought home from Easter weekend at grandma's. I ate smaller portions of the worse stuff and loaded up on veggies and water. I'll see where I'm at on the scale tomorrow morning and pledge for the week based on that.
So glad to see you back peanutt. Hope your grandma was doing well, went and saw mine the other day, she is 91 now and healthy as a horse, will probably out live me.

Look at your weight go, you are gonna blow away soon. I can't compete. and your shadow is so slim and trim.

MadamB : LOL at the lady on the side of the road, we do what we gotta do though, good for her.

Good job on all the mobility today by yourself, it doesn't always show up immediately but you just know it still requires that energy and will show itself sooner or later as a loss.

P.S There has been a truck with Wisconsin plates parked in front of my house for the last 3 days, everytime i head out i think of you. Dunno who it is.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #116  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Reso - grandma was doing amazingly well. She's 92 and in very good health for her age. She lives in a small town just a couple of blocks from Main St. so she's able to still walk to run her errands most of the time. I'm amazed at the energy she has to bake and cook all day and then stay up visiting all evening. And she even scolded me for offering to strip the sheets off our bed saying "And then what would I do all afternoon??"
Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #117  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

PEANUTT - WTG! You dropped another brazil nut this week and brought the platoon to 81% of our goal! NICE, NICE, NICELY DONE!

Reso -- 210's goal?!? That might be stretching the envelope a bit. Have you started to wrap your brain around what you're going to do when you reach goal? That's going to be as emotional as your journey. You are definitely going to have to set a new life goal, and I'm really serious about that. You've put in so much time and energy you'll need a new hobby to fill that void.

Gooey-- You should have just randomly jumped into to that group jumping jack while shouting "yeah MOM, we can do it!" THAT would have been funny!

Kendrab -- Don't you DARE continue that vampire mindset. You get out there and run in daylight if you feel like it. This is about YOU...not what you think others will think of you. Read back in the threads. Pokey even tripped and ate pavement in front of landscapers and some chatty women.

Remember, Sarge could be tossing your bunk and conducting foot locker check for left over Easter treats at any time!

Evil Sarge

Last edited by JayTee; 04-25-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:13 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
PEANUTT - WTG! You dropped another brazil nut this week and brought the platoon to 81% of our goal! NICE, NICE, NICELY DONE!

Reso -- 210's goal?!? That might be stretching the envelope a bit. Have you started to wrap your brain around what you're going to do when you reach goal? That's going to be as emotional as your journey. You are definitely going to have to set a new life goal, and I'm really serious about that. You've put in so much time and energy you'll need a new hobby to fill that void.

Gooey-- You should have just randomly jumped into to that group jumping jack while shouting "yeah MOM, we can do it!" THAT would have been funny!

Kendrab -- Don't you DARE continue that vampire mindset. You get out there and run in daylight if you feel like it. This is about YOU...not what you think others will think of you. Read back in the threads. Pokey even tripped and ate pavement in front of landscapers and some chatty women.

Remember, Sarge could be tossing your bunk and conducting foot locker check for left over Easter treats at any time!

Evil Sarge
Hey 219 is still in the 10's. I should be able to pull it off, if i don't go all EMO this week. Yeah maybe you are right, thats asking a lot.

I will probably revise things when i get to my goal, maybe another ten, but i would take my time, maybe 10 years or so. J/K it is kind of scarey, my whole life has been rebuilt around as much exercise and as big a caloric deficit as is reasonable, i will be able to slow down on the exercise a little, would be nice if my joints felt a little better, i certainly don't plan to stop though, i will have to come up with a new plan at maintenance and be accountable weekly at seeing it through though.

You don't have much more to lose either, so you had better come up with something workable as well, unless you want to do this all over again in another year or two ?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Reso - grandma was doing amazingly well. She's 92 and in very good health for her age. She lives in a small town just a couple of blocks from Main St. so she's able to still walk to run her errands most of the time. I'm amazed at the energy she has to bake and cook all day and then stay up visiting all evening. And she even scolded me for offering to strip the sheets off our bed saying "And then what would I do all afternoon??"
Yeah, i hear ya, my great grandma lived to be 101, must be something in the water out here.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #120  

Madam- that's so cool about the mom and her kids!!

Sarge- I'll rum during the day Wednesday for w1d3... Better?

My day 2 c25k tonight didn't go so hot. I did the 5 min walk, made it through the 20 min intervals and got a major side cramp. I could not finish 5 min walking. I don't go too far from my house (a small circle around the block) so the cool down walk was maybe 30 sec. I couldn't do it- I was in so much pain.

Ready for a little chuckle? I always eat a small bowl of cereal at night and tonight while I was making it my hubby looked at the hula hoop and said "I bet you can't eat your cereal and hoop at the same time!" he was WRONG! I totally hula hooped while eating my cereal! I won that bet!
Closed Thread