Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #121  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Morning everyone, time to wipe the slate clean and start anew, today is gonna be a great day, i can feel it, hey it is friday.

Chickadee : Don't worry about venting, we've all done it to some extent, i like to look inward to reaffirm my commitment at times, there is a reason why i struggle so, it's not for naught.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #122  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Nicely done on morning revelry MadamB! You even beat Reso this morning.

LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS BEGIN NOW TROOPS!

Sarge = 2 /// gonna be a good week!
Rainbow= 4
Dreamer = 2
GooMaster = 1.2
Peanutt = 1
Sizzlin = 3
ASF = 3
Kris = 2.3
Pokey = 3
Cheshire = 2
Tubbak = 3
Resolute = 4
CocoLoco = 2
DCap = 2
Lucyf = 1
VickieL = 2 /// ALREADY DOWN -2 SHOOTING FOR MORE!
Fish = 1
JojoYo = 1

Newbies
Prvt. NEMom= 1.5
Prvt. Chickadee = 3
Prvt. Zoochick = 2
Prvt. Kneed2lose = 1.5
Prvt. Linalin = 3

TOTAL PLATOON PLEDGE FOR WEEK = 50.5

__________________________________________________ _____

Chickadee -- No apologies necessary. I don't know that you read all the posts yesterday, but there were several members of the platoon stressing over scale numbers instead of the fact that pants were fitting better, smaller sized GAP shirts were being purchased, first time pushups were being accomplished, runners were being born, 5Ks being planned, cholesterol levels were dropping, etc. etc. Funny comment about making Sarge read all the commentary tho!!!! You're a great fit to this platoon...we're in it for the long haul and it sounds like you are too! 4am taco bar...YUM!

Reso--Thanks for sharing your story and photos again. You are indeed an inspiration and judging from the number of views our thread usually gets, you'll inspire more people than you'll probably ever know!

Missing Prvt. Rainbow. I know she checked in with us and staying for awhile longer in Florida, but starting to worry falling off wagon!

Chesh--Hope those horse pills made you feel just a tad better today. MadamB can use some youthful competition on those challenges!

Dreamer & Pokey -- Careful on those sidewalks and roadways today!!!!

Sarge off to the gym now. Have a great Fitness Friday!

Sarge

Last edited by JayTee; 04-08-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #123  
Living the Life

MadamB--great job taking up the morning horn!

I was indeed catching some extra zzz's.

The antibiotics are doing their thing. I was only up and down like 3 times last night. So I actually slept and the swelling is starting to go down.

Everyone have a great healthy Friday! Sweat out all those worries. Sweat until those happy endorphins kick in.

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 04-08-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #124  
SARGE

ALMOST FORGOT, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND PEANUTT!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #125  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Chikadee don't be sorry we all need to vent/get frustrated etc etc sometimes...that what we are here for is to support eachother btw no....tacos aren't weird at 4 am at all!

sarge happy to report....no guns or cars were aimed at me today!

chesire YAY FoR SLEEP!!

peanutt HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

So like I said no cars or guns pointed at me today WOOT WOOT! Coudlnt sleep this AM either so I was up at :50 out the door by 5:20 and out of the shower by 6:30 thats an hr earlier than normal LOL water is boiling for oatmeal now. I have this distinct feeling the scale isnt going to like me come sunday though :\ *cries*
Old 04-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #126  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

OK, ladies & Gent . . . last chance workouts today & tomorrow . . .

I'm going to take it easy today, why I thought I had to "Walk the Plank" again yesterday and do the whole weighted backpack thing again I have NOOOOOO idea, but it's done so it will be an easy day for me, outside to ride the bike and crunches . . . yup that's it

Peanut: HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!!!! . . . I'm thinking about that menu AGAIN and that makes me think of Reso's turkey . . . and that makes me think of holidays and that makes me think of JELLY BEANS . . . OH THERE IS NO HELP FOR ME . . . LOLOLOL HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!

Dreamer: SOOOOOOO GLAD THAT THERE ARE NO GUNS OR CARS AIMING AT YOU . . . THANK GOODNESS!!!

Chickadee: Tacos at 4am . . . happens at my house . . . my roommate is Mexican and if his friends are here and drinking, they often are eating tacos and whatnot at 4am, (it doesn't happen a lot, but always fun when it does.

Cheshire: You're welcome, don't want to step on your morning revelle post, but I knew you were not feeling well & we of course have to beat SARGE to the boards . . . LOLOLOL, Glad those horse pills are working . .

RAINBOW: COME OUT, COME OUT WHERE EVER YOU ARE!!!! WE KNOW YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD TIME WOMAN, BUT WE WILL SEND THAT APACHE HELICOPTER OUT TO FIND YOU IF NECESSARY!!!! GOING STEALTH IS NOT AN OPTION SOLDIER . . . . .

Old 04-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #127  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the good wishes, platoon!

Cheshire - I'm glad that you're on the mend!

MadamGoo - I suspect you might be hungry!

Rainbow - where are youuuuuuu?? Check in and say hello lady!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning peeps! I am feeling great and ready to head out into the day. My daughter is staying home with the kiddies; so, I am free, free, free!

I've lost 1/2" off my hips. (It is OK to measure, I hope.)
Old 04-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #129  
SARGE

Yoyo-- Measuring is fine! Congrats!

Anyone need more visual motivation??? Here's a truly disturbing image I found elsewhere on 3FC.

And if that doesn't keep you going ...

Old 04-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #130  
SARGE

For those interested, two articles with quick advice on busting thru plateaus:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/weight...unter_20110408

http://www.everydayhealth.com/have-a...haels_20110408
Old 04-08-2011, 05:07 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

One hour walk....check
stick to diet.......check
kettle bells.........check
crunches...........check

Thanks for the scary fat/muscle pic! Just what I needed. J.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #132  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

gosh a lot of pages to get through!!
woohoooo back in the land of charleston!!! i love home...but i sure had a good time in florida.
will have to catch up on personals tomorrow...gotta unpack and laundry and shower and whew are we tired!!!
my mum had a blast for her 75th bday!! i rode and rode my bike....127 miles to be exact!!! i was shooting for 150 but fell short...but will probably ride some sunday. tomorrow is the air show....so no time...
on a good note...i'm down 3.2 pounds...not the 4 i had pledged however, not bad considering, all i did was bike ride...and no other exercise except a little walking....ok a LOT of walking!! but no gym. still i have until sunday.... maybe i'll sweat the extra off tomorrow at the air show!!

missed all you wonderful platoon peeps!!!!
happy birthday peanut
so proud of your walk sarge!! i knew u could do it!!
madam...yes i am back!! i'm back!!!

ok off to unpack!! hugssss chicas!!

welcome newbies!!!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #133  
SARGE

YAY!!! RAINBOW's BACK & DROPPED POUNDS ON VACATION!!!!!!!

Sarge done for day...2 workouts & up to 225 crunches MadamB! Very sore!

Good luck with last chance workouts all!!!

Sarge
Old 04-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 276/264/150

I'm back! I went to Boston were I did fabulous and stayed on track, lost that 2 lbs i pledged 2 weeks ago, and am down another 2 so far this week. Down a total of 12 lbs!. Anyways when I got back from Boston, my internet was out and I wasn't due back to work till last night, which was incredibly busy so didn't get a chance to get back on! So I didn't get lost along the way thank God! Pledge for this past week I'll leave at 2, if I loose another 1 between today and Sunday..awesome...otherwise goal met! Next week I'm pledging 3, tried on some dresses while I was in Boston and man o man didn't like that mirror looking back at me, so I have a whole new outlook on this journey! Hope all is well with everyone. I'll try to catch up on my reading...the new posts at least...and get back to everyone later tonight. I did Cardio Party today, have been running, not as much as I'd like but the weather's been narsty. Eating's been on track, vitamins taken, water almost done the 2L but will keep on drinking!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #135  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Good evening, everyone! Hope you all had a great day today.

Resolute, Sarge, and DREAMER, thank you very much for the understanding. I really appreciate it. (And I AM sorry for writing a novel, Sarge )

Cheshire: Glad you were able to get some decent sleep last night! I hope that by this evening you're feeling even better.

DREAMER: I'm super happy to hear your life wasn't threatened in one way or another today - that indeed makes for a good day.

MadamB: Good for you for giving your body a break from the rough stuff today, but still managing to get some activity in! And I'm glad my 4am tacos don't seem so unusual to you! They were really tasty, though I'm guessing not nearly as authentic as your roomate's tacos. It was nice having some quality time with my husband this morning - tacos and the morning news are a good combo

Peanutt: Have a wonderful birthday!

jojo: Fantastic news on the 1/2 inch, and even better that it's hips! My hips are my favorite spot to see dwindle.

Rainbow: Welcome back, and congratulations on the weight loss while on vacation! I am super impressed. I am new to this thread, but from reading everyone's posts here I can tell they have missed you A LOT.

Edit: And Murple, congratulations on losing on your vaction as well!! That really is impressive, and I'm sure it's a great feeling to come back and still be on track!

Sarge: Nice work on the crunches. I'm going to have to see if I can work toward catching up to you... I'm only doing about 125 right now, so I have a ways to go, but goals are good.

Today has been a good but hungry day! Getting up at 1am and having tacos this morning kind of threw me off my normal routine, lol. But, calories are still on-plan, and I will probably just have some leftover tacos after the gym tonight. I seem to have strained something a touch in my neck/shoulder on one side, and so though I had planned for today to be a weights day, I'm thinking I'll just do abs and lower body, and then get on the treadmill, saving the upper body work for tomorrow.

So, I went shopping tonight for the first time since starting the weight loss... and it was pretty awesome! It's highly embarrassing to tell anyone this, but my pants size used to be a 22/24, and so I figured I probably needed 20s now... and it took trying on about 10 pairs of pants before I just started grabbing the 18s instead, as the 20s were all too big! I ended up with a pair of 18 jeans (LOVE them) and a pair of 16 pants The 16s are a little too snug in the butt still, but give me another few weeks and they'll look great. I also got three new bras in a smaller band size (I cannot overstate how badly I needed new bras), and two cute little half-cardigans to wear over tanks. It was such a good feeling to try on clothes and have them fit so well! I think it's the first time in a long time that I haven't wanted to cry in the dressing room.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday night.

Last edited by chickadee32; 04-08-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Closed Thread