Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #91  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Ruh-oh Scooby Doo, where was Cheshire this morning? Reso beat her to the post!

LINALIN DOING PUSH UPS! So many in this little platoon are doing things they never thought themselves capable of! And, they weren't "cheater" push ups, they were best you could do push ups! We're all works in progress!

MadamGooey--Walk The Plank!?!?! Sooooo sore this morning after all your damn crunches and that plank. This virtual gauntlet tossing is fun tho...I'll let you pick the next exercise set...and can we talk about how cute that fellow is? I knew that you'd win timewise. I had little hope of beating a former fireman but even attempting the entire set was both exhilarating and comical...who could ask for more. I had my DH try that scissor section and he lithely knocked it out in no time and I told him to go take a flying...

Chickadee-- Way to look on the bright side. If the government shuts down on Friday its to the gym! Sorry you're in that position tho!

TO ALL -- JUST A QUICK THANKS AGAIN FOR HANGING AROUND HERE!!!
It's been so easy to continue my own journey knowing that you are all out there sweating your way to your own goals!

With that, Sarge is off to the gym but leaves you with this delightful image on this gloomy, gloomy day in Chicago...

Drip butt-er platoon! Make it happen!

Old 04-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #92  
Living the Life

Morning Platoon.

I am very late this morning. I'm taking a sick day off work again. My lymph nodes in my neck are so swollen and my jaw is so tight on one side. It hurts to eat, and I was up and down all night. Argg. So I was trying to sleep in a bit because I'm starting to feel like a zombie.

It's off to the doctors for me today. Hopefully he will help me out.

I was checking out those "walk the plank" and other videos from that site Sarge. Ohh, that does look like some butt-er, sweating fun. Once I get over whatever is wrong with me I'm going to be trying some of those out.

Exercise is probably out for me again today. But considering it hurts to chew and eat...I don't think I'll be snacking or going over my calories either.

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 04-07-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #93  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Morning all. The scale is still up this morning, 3 days in a row at 240.7, so I think I have to change my ticker and signature tracker upward. I don't know what I'm doing wrong; I have been under 1300 cals every day for the past 8 days and have exercised 7 of those days, but the scale has only dropped by 0.7 lbs in that time. I am really bummed. Edit: Sorry to be so negative. I know I'm doing the right things, and the weight has to come off at some point. Today will be an on-plan day, as usual, and I WILL remember to eat lunch.

Cheshirecat: I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy! I hope you get on your way to some relief when you see the doctor today.

Have a good day, all.

Last edited by chickadee32; 04-07-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #94  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

wicked wednesday has been won! 90 min in.

today - gym - it's on baby!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #95  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Chikadee - it upsets me too but I cant totally blame her, the reason she isnt supportive is because she has more weight than I to lose and thinks she cant loos it and keep it off. Its kind of the Misery loves company syndrome, she is fat so she wants us fat to so she doesnt feel bad about herself because then she can pin it on genetics or something. also, you might be eating too FEW calories.

sarge LMFAOOOO I love the "i told him to go take a flying....."that cracked me up this AM

chesire - feel better!!!!!

just got back from my run..sooooo tired I think a nap might be good today! Though while on my run I learned two new things 1. the sidewalks are now roads an 2. People around here hate me. Shooting near the school on tues and now this AM I almost get ran over by a car....WHILE IM ON THE SIDEWALK! really? granted cars around here try to run me over all the time while im crossing in a crosswalk because they are impatient but COME ON, WHILE ON A SIDEWALK? yea... unfort my sister made choc chip cookies last night so somehow my mouth decided that cookies were a good dinner and a good breakfast while I was making oatmeal :\ Dont worry though, I didnt eat that many and with how sick I am feeling now....no more cookies for a year. I think it will be sleep water and tea for me probably until dinner cause now im just feeling that crummy :\ have fun yalls! I will be back later (nap time)
Old 04-07-2011, 10:48 AM   #96  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

GOOD MORNING TROOPS

SARGE: You always make me KICK MY BUTT-ER . . . LOLOLOL, I tooooo am sore, but don't blame the crunches Blame Walk the Plank . . . YUP I did it again this AM after a 15 min warm-up on the bike, New time 8:17 . . . MUCH happier with this, also the first time around I kept falling over doing the bird dogs (seriously, almost every time) . . . (WISH I HAD VIDEOTAPED IT . . . TOOOO FUNNY) I had my feet together, that guy had them spread fairly far apart . . . so I adjusted, now I'm drippin' BUTT-ER again . . .

pokeycactus: LOLOLOL, laughing near you, not at you, only because that is exactly something I would do, I hope you're OK

JOJO: I am a scale-a-holic too. I weigh when I wake up, after I work out, before my shower, after my shower, after I get dressed and that's all before 10AM . . . We need our own thread . . . LOLOLOL Oh, WTG on the crunches . . . just keep adding til you hurt the next day

Cheshire: SORRY YOU'RE SICK . . . hope the doc helps you

knead2lose: Did you get you get some kind of workout in ????? HUH, HUH, DID YA, DID YA???

Dreamer: You're welcome . . . but it's true, I've NEVER done a workout and then said, "WISH I HADN'T DONE THAT" Of course after Walk the Plank I may have to rethink that statement . . . LOLOLOLOLOL . . . I too keep singin' the Tigger song . . . OK adding this . . . tooo funny about the cookies, sounds like something I'd do . . . and then I feel crummy too . . . DID YOU EAT THE OATMEAL??? That's why I eat so often, then I don't snack, I just eat healthy (literally) all day long . . .

VickiLou: WOOHOO . . . met your challenge already

ASF: Way to get back on track . . . Boxing, sooooo fun and a GREAT workout

Reso: Step away from the cupcakes, chips,donuts, candy, ice cream, jelly beans (oh jellybeans, nope I can't do it, none for me <sigh>) Hang in there and try a cup of hot tea & foods that fill you up, things that work for me is a banana (with Peanut butter sometimes) oatmeal or whatever works for you

chickadee: YES, YOU MUST EAT LUNCH . . . me I rarely forget to eat . . . LOLOLOL, actually somedays I feel I eat ALL the time (of course I usually eat about every 2 hours) . . . try not to work to hard and get some "ME TIME" in

Linalin: PUSH-UPS, soon it will be one armed push-ups . . . OH yeah!! You can do it . . .

Dcap: Great workout . . . keep to that plan, it WILL WORK!!!!

RAINBOW: Are you still in Florida????? You must be having a GREAT time and I'm soooo jealous . . . ARE YOU RIDING THAT BIKE?????

OK, I think I finally finished sweating (from Walk the Plank) so off to do my workout and CRUNCHES, but starting today I'm going to do bicycle crunches . . . will try for 100 to start . . . (I've got to work on those obliques)

OK TROOPS, MELT THAT BUTT-ER AND MAKE SARGE PROUD!!!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Mornin' Peeps, I am up and at 'em, so to speak. The grandchildren of terror arrive momentarily and will spend most of the day.
I am feeling good, sticking to the diet and will exercise when the little ones leave. Hey! I got in an extra hour walk yesterday.
Thanks for all the encouragement! Nice to know someone is out there.
If I go now, I can get in some crunches a la Ms Butterfly.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #98  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

So, I totally don't understand what's going on, but my weight spiked to 205 this morning. I have been between 1200-1400 calories every day and have been working out on a daily basis. What is this mess????
Old 04-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #99  
Living the Life

Back from the doctors. I have strep throat. So now I have pills (Huge pills, horse pills! Strep= hurty throat---why would they make pills that are as big as dinner plates!)

Anyhoo, Doctor says I'm contagious and I can't go to work the rest of the week.

Dreamer! Oh my goodness. We are going to put you in a bubble to keep you safe! Cars are a dangerous hazard of running unfortunately. That and dogs. LOL Have any dogs chasing you around yet?

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 04-07-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #100  
SARGE

All hail the GooMaster on cutting Walk The Plank time! I'm gonna give it another shot this afternoon and am consider videotaping it...seriously, with the number of times I fall over or collapse on the carpet the tape would no doubt go viral! And the bird dog point part for me...think hippo pointing way to a big ole stack of hay and watering hole!

Chesh--Feel better! It just doesn't feel right round here without your 6am post! You're the platoon bugler!

Dreamer -- Well, at least you "owned" eating the cookies and followed them with an oatmeal chaser! STOP IT tho! Also, WTH on shootings and cars aiming for you on the sidewalk?!?!!? It's like a conspiracy to keep you inside.

Dcap-- love the attitude... "today -- gym -- it's on!" Oh yeah!

Chickadee, Yoyo & Pokey -- Sarge will be sneaking into your quarters to steal your scales. Don't sabotage your efforts and motivation by listening to a bathroom scale that has been known to blatantly lie on a daily basis!!! Seriously, bathroom scales derail weight loss efforts, then you stop trying, and then people give up. DON'T GIVE IN!!!!

Pokey -- Water intake? At least 64-70 ounces...at least!

Keep meltin that butt-er troops! We've pledged to lose just over 200 sticks this week.

Last edited by JayTee; 04-07-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #101  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm gonna say this as nicely as possible - STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF EVERYDAY AND STRESSING OVER THE NUMBER! Sorry, but I just had to get that out.

If you've had a run of successful weeks and then suddenly have a slight gain or stay the same, DON'T STRESS! This is all normal. Just keep perfectly on plan, make sure you're doing what you already know works for you and focus ahead. Just keep moving and watching what you eat and drinking plenty of water. Don't stress or change what you're doing based on one or two weigh ins. Keep working and keep tracking and I can almost guarantee that you'll continue to see an overall downward trend for your weight.

Last edited by peanutt; 04-07-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #102  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Well, it's almost afternoon, but fairly productive day, so far

Workout: 15 min bike (up on the trainer), Walk the Plank, Zumba flat abs (20 min) 1 mile walk with 40 lb pack, 30 min bike ride outside (it's soooooooooooo sunny and only a little breeze) 100 bicycle crunches (I'll pay for this tomorrow), and 1 hour of raking the grass (still a lot of yard left . . . corner lot), Now off to cook some supper for work, Basa fish, sweet potato, salad and a few snacks for the night (NO JELLY BEANS)

Pokey & JoJo: I feel your frustration, when the scale goes up on me I think it makes me work harder because I'll be DA*NED if that scale is gonna put those pounds back on, especially after I've worked so hard. Just hang in there, drink LOTS OF H2O, eat on plan and ask SARGE to release some scale fairies . . . I didn't own a scale until about 2 1/2 months into this journey . . . and then I had to get my "head" straight that there would be MANY UPS & DOWNS . . . then I bought one

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:19 PM   #103  
SARGE

YOU TELL 'EM PEANUTT! ENOUGH ABOUT THE SCALES!

And if Peanutt's advice doesn't work for you, try this:

Sarge
Old 04-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #104  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Madamb Yes, I did eat the oatmeal, which is a good thing because soon as I finished half of hte 3rd cookies this AM I was feeling like I was going ot puke and the oatmeal helped stop that because it has extra fiber. I also took my cinnamon, fish oil blah,blah,blah right after eating the oatmeal to hopefully help digest the cookies better and even my blood sugar (im prediabetic and have pcs SOO YAAYY) carbs/sweets are kind of toxic to me because I am insulin resistant and dont test blood sugar /use insulin to manage my pre diabetes, the only medication I am on for it too is my vitamins so I kind of have to go by how I feel.

jojo WTG!

Pokey, occasional ups and downs are normal...sometimes if I jump on the scale before weigh in day ill find I gained 3 lbs or so, normally because im retaining water more than anything else, the other thing could be if you are exercising a lot then you might be eating too few calories.

chesire YIKES! get better soon! im the opposite, I dont have issues swallowing pills in fact I swallow all 10 of my pills of vitamins at once in the AM, I just stick em all in my mouth at once and drink drink drink water.

Sarge I know huh? Oh well...I figure this..if a car runs me over while im running on the sidewalk 1 at least it is their fault and 2 at least ill be a skinny person when they hit me! LOL kind of morbid but still! Also, yws sarge....stopping now...they are all having pizza tonight, I am not. My lunch this afternoon was popcorn but that is ok, I checked the nutritional facts...its a-ok for me to eat. Surprisingly popcorn is healthy.....who knew? btw love that photo

Peanutt- I agree

Everyone was yelling here so I took a nap, one I will be paying for later when its time to go to bed meh. I hate the helling and fighting. :\ Probably gonna go out walking later since it is suny or something...I still have homework to do though...we will see. Hugss all. Have fun!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #105  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycactus View Post
So, I totally don't understand what's going on, but my weight spiked to 205 this morning. I have been between 1200-1400 calories every day and have been working out on a daily basis. What is this mess????
Don't get so stressed girl, you have just started running and you took a fall, your body is inflammed and working hard on fixing shop, so to speak, you aren't going to see a lot of benefit until your equilibrium gets balanced again and or you have a down day to allow for rest/healing. Trust me after whittling down nearly 170 lbs i've noticed a thing or two. Keep to the calorie restriction and maintain physical activity and you will head straight into the thick of it.

You know how i mentioned my joints hurting and needing more rest, yesterday i got on the scale and it was up a couple lbs, i know exactly why, my body is retaining in order to best protect itself, i've seen it literally dozens of times in the past, sometimes it will take a week or more to straighten out, sometimes less, i plan on relaxing my physical efforts slightly and increasing my sleep if possible while restricting calories to a minimum level ( this weight loss plan requires constant tweaking, sometimes i increase calories , sometimes it's a decrease, sometimes i need more exercise sometimes less, same for sleep and rest ), i'm positive it will do the trick, stress absolutely thwarts my weightloss, IMO. ( And getting on the scale and taking it to serious will cause more stress and actually make things more difficult, personally i am fine and don't get crazy over the number, if you find it a problem i suggest refraining from daily weighing and go with every few days or week instead.

This should apply to everyone. Don't have much time to comment right now but i noticed Cheshire is sick, i'm sorry about that , look at it as an opportunity to rest your body , you'll be ok if you keep your intake down, it might even be beneficial.

Last edited by Resolute; 04-07-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Closed Thread