Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #481  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

morning platoon!

going to be 68 degrees today - OUTDOOR WORKOUT TIME!!!

Pledging today to being TOTALLY ON PLAN - all day.

Last edited by dcapulet; 03-18-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #482  

Default Wow!

I'm new here (and new to the whole weight loss community forum) and I have to say I am SO impressed by the people on this thread!

If you don't mind, I have a few questions. Maybe a little background first: I teach boot camp. I'm here to gain perspective of what it's like to be facing the enormous challenge you all have been successfully completing.

So, 1st Q: What is your favorite way an instructor motivates you?

What irritates the heck of out you in an instructor?

Must haves/ must never do in an instructor?

Would you rather the instructor lead by doing the class along with you? Or walk around and speak to you to motivate and challenge you? Or yell in your face like Jillian?

If the instructor works out with you, do you want her to go at her pace to challenge you to keep up or would you rather the instructor stay at your side at your pace?

Ok, enough for now. Be HONEST! I'm trying to learn so I can be the most effective so my classes aren't a waste of time for my clients.

Thanks! You rock!
Old 03-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #483  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

resolute...are you a writer?? you have such a skill at wording your posts
i love reading them!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #484  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey All you early risers and posters. Have you finished with your workouts for the day?!?!? Hmmmmmmm????

Fitness4Life--Welcome. You raised some interesting questions. I shall ponder them this afternoon while I drive about and get back to you later...

Carry on platoon. SWEAT!!!!! O-ho, the weigh-in wagon is a-comin' down the street....

Sarge

Last edited by JayTee; 03-18-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:20 PM   #485  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

GOOD MORNING ALL, IT'S FRIDAY AND THE END OF THE WEEK . . . SARGE IS GONNA BE LOOKIN FOR THOSE LOST POUNDS SOON

Peanut: what JM videos do you do?? I like that you can be done in about 30 min, but boy does she work you . . . I too like the baby boppin' in the background and that little old guy was toooooo cute

JellyBean: Great job doin' that workout, we can always find something to do for a workout, if we break our arm, walk, exercise bike, or kickboxing; break your leg do upper body weights, sit-ups, boxing . . . oh and I want to EAT jelly beans . . . my weakness . . . they are calling me from the stores right now . . . <sigh>

Resolute; love the poster!!!! It says sooooooooooooo much

dcap: 68, oooooooooooooooooooooh I am so jealous, low 40's here today . . . that's OK, it's above freezing

RAINBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW: I missed you while I was prisioner <sniffle> but I'm back now . . . ooooooh I want a sledge hammer too . . .

Sindea: You're up VERY early and off to the gym . . . go girl

Chesirecat: I work will little old people all the time and they ALWAYS crack me up . . . and they are sooooooo cute

tubbaki: don't fear the scale, it is what it is, it's up one day, down the next; sometimes at it's own whim . . . *&%$()* scale . . . I've just come to grips that if it's not moving and I'm doing the right thing then eventually it will move (or else I'll throw it out the window and take Rainbow's sledge hammer to it . . . LOLOLOLOL)

SARGE: REPORTING IN:
Walked to grocery store last night: Ankle; Good (thank goodness)
Food Purchased: tilapia, BUTT-er lettuce, spinach, fennel, baby red potatos, cucumber, raspberry vinaigrette and lemon pepper

Food Cooked: Roasted Veggies, then added tilapia with lemon pepper (YUMMMY) with a BIG salad with the greens, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, chopped egg, avacado, shredded carrots . . . oh soooo good with a glass of red wine

TODAY: JM workout modified jumping jacks, but did the jump rope, 400 crunches, going for another walk now (about 3 miles) and then I'll hop on the bike when I return . . . I don't know if I'll make my 2.2 pounds but it won't be for a lack of trying . . . <sigh> may need a kick in my BIG OLE BUTT-ER
Old 03-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #486  

Height: 5'6''

Morning...Just wanted to post that I was at the gym for 60 minutes last night. Planning to get pilates done today. No excuses!
Old 03-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #487  
ASF

Hey Sarge,

Just checking in with today's workout! Had a session with my trainer, who used to be in the army, and was tellling him about this thread he loved the idea so he decided to do a bootcamp workout with me! I swear his workouts are hard but this was on a whole new level. Squats, sit ups, planks, sprints, jacks and that was just the warm up! The best bit of the workout is when he put some boxing in. I love boxing! Although today was tough I loved it! But am really sore now, but in a really good way!

Also had a weigh in today, lost 1.3kg, a tiny bit more than my target so its all good. Now that I've joined this, changing my weigh in day. Will set a target on sunday!

P.s. sorry for the long post!
Old 03-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #488  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

MadamGoooooo! I did the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout DVD yesterday. It's a similar concept to the other JM videos (HIIT), but isn't quite as brutal as 30 Day Shred. It's that perfect level of burn where you can feel it in your muscles the next day, but you're not so achy and sore. I also like that video because Tara Costa is one of the contestants working out and I find her so motivational.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #489  
SARGE

ASF!!! So funny you told your trainer about us. Glad your got your BUTT-er kicked in our honor today and glad you joined our platoon! I suppose this helps answer some of the questions our visiting guest Fitness4Life asked.

So, Fitness4Life...you should know this thread was started because of couple of us were deemed "too overly-aggressive" on another thread. Those who enter here want to be held accountable. We still have fun, but we want to drop the weight and if that means you take the occasional "gentle" nudge about not being a man or woman of your word...well, that's what you signed up for when you entered this thread. "Sarge's" primary goal is to be that nagging voice in the back of your brain that says you don't want to piss Sarge off and then you make yourself get your workout in and your eating under control. Every client of yours is going to be different. Some want to be coddled, some want the @#! beat out of them, and probably all wish they could pay you some money for a magic pill that would make them drop the pounds. For me, I'd prefer a Jillian approach. Feel free to drop in on us every now and then!

MadamGooey--So glad you're back and kicking BUTT-ER! I'm up to 110 crunches in your honor at least 5 days a week now!

LucyF--You are so dang consistent. Way to get those workouts in! Love having positive reports roll in!

Peanutt -- You gotta be so close this week!!! ONE-derland party?!?!?

Sarge done for day--50 min stairmaster, 3mile walk, weights +crunches.

Rock those last chance workouts platoon!!! I'm watching!

Last edited by JayTee; 03-18-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #490  
just do it!

I'd be shocked if I crossed over to ONEDERLAND this week, but I'm doing everything I can to get there as soon as possible!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #491  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey everyone, just a quick finished my 3 mile walk and bike, while I was out I bought JM's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism . . . so excited . . .

Peanut: I do the Biggest Loser Last Chance workout on the days I need a break . . . of course this is the video I started with and did for 2 months straight, of course I modifed the modifed versions LOLOLOLOL <seriously, I did) . . . now I do it with 8 lb weights (no modifications) . . . and you have to love 30-day shred, level 2 kills my shoulders though . . . now I'm on to No More Problem Zones, very, very similar to 30day shred, but twice as long . . . oh yea, it's brutal . . . I read somewhere that some people are doing one day of No More Problem Zones and alternating with Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, so that's where I'm headed . . . oh my

JayTee; look at you go Sarge 110 crunches . . . you'll catch up to me in no time . . .

OK, off to finish the laundry andcleaning the house
Old 03-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #492  
just do it!

Hey Sarge!! They're going to shut this thread down in just a few posts! We are a talkative bunch!!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #493  
struggling through it all

S/C/G: 139/136.6(Apr)->137.4/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Hey Sarge!! They're going to shut this thread down in just a few posts! We are a talkative bunch!!
nooo!!!
i need my support group and Sarge

just back from an hour at the gym.
i should stop looking at the scale, it's not good for my head
Old 03-18-2011, 06:10 PM   #494  
SARGE

No fear---Sarge will start a new thread in a few minutes!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #495  
SARGE

STOP!!!! DON"T POST HERE FOR A FEW MINUTES!!! SARGE IS CREATING A NEW THREAD BECAUSE THERE IS SOME RIDICULOUS RULE ABOUT THREADS SHUTTING DOWN AT 500 POSTS! I SHALL INSERT NEW THREAD ADDRESS SHORTLY!

OK, GO HERE: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...hread-2-a.html

Sarge

Last edited by JayTee; 03-18-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Closed Thread