Old 03-13-2011, 07:38 PM   #61  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Congrats Lisa on being out of the 220s. Keep up the great work

Toomanydimples - You are doing an awesome job. Ten miles is great. I hope you're able to stay in your zone.

My weekend has been okay but not as good as it could have been. I really need to get back to tracking my WW Points & journaling everything I put in my mouth. I plan on doing that starting tomorrow. I did do a 5 mile walk today to get the week of to a good start. I'm planning on doing 3 miles after work tomorrow if it's not raining.

I really need to work on making it out of the 2-teens this month.

I hope everyone else is having a great Sunday.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #62  

S/C/G: H228/S225/C219/G150

Height: 5'6"

GettinFit, I hear ya on that. Thank goodness for Mondays....we can start all over. LOL.

Anyway, ladies....I was just over in this thread: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...t-fasting.html

Never even heard of intermittent fasting before until recently. Sounds interesting and it actually seems more like my style of eating. I understand some are against fasting because they feel it's like your starving yourself but I've read that fasting can actually be very good for you. Whether you do it once a week or once a year, it's good for your body.

I saw you over in that thread too, Kim. Are you thinking about it? I'm gonna do some more research on it but I think I'm gonna give it a try for a week and see how it goes

Monique
Monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:14 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 215/204.6/140

Height: 5'2"

I was reading the same thread Monique and want to do more research on it.

I've been keeping up on my exercise, even got my 3 youngest boys and baby girl to do it with me (i'm still working on the teens to join lol) I've definately upped my water intake as planned. I have a problem with food and weekends, all week long i stay on track and am not usually tempted to eat more than i should, then the weekend comes along and its like i'm a different person. I have 6 kids at home and somebody is always eating/hungry. I can't blame them or use that as an excuse, that i know. So my goal for next weekend is to stay on plan! (even if it means i have to duct tape my mouth, haha)

YAY Lisa for getting out of the 220's!!!!!
pattypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #64  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Yep Monique, today is the day I get my butt back to being 100% OP. I got very discouraged when I went all those weeks without losing much of anything. I refuse to give up so I am back to the basics today. It's soooo hard but it can be done. We need to look to Emme as an example since she's been successful in losing almost 100 pounds.

Patty - I hope you can make your goal of staying on track this weekend. I know if must be hard for you because you have to have snacks in the house for the kids. Stay strong and you can do it.

I'm planning to have a great day. I brought in my lunch & snacks so I shouldn't have a problem staying OP. I also brought in my workout clothes so that I can go walk at Stone Mountain before I go home today.

I hope everyone has a great OP week!

Today's journal:
B: oatmeal, 1/2 C skim milk, coffee
S: orange, yogurt
L: Chicken leg, peas, Little Debbie Petite snack cake
D: Reduced fat/reduced sodium ham sandwich w/lite wheat bread, tomato & rf cheese
Exercise: Walk 3 miles

Last edited by GettinFit; 03-14-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #65  
~Kim~

I am doing it Monique. I started yesterday and it was seriously great. =) I'm making my eating window between 2pm and 8pm and I'm getting my full calorie range in that amount of time. I did feel some hunger signals earlier in the day around the time I usually eat, so I know my body will probably take a little time to adjust to the change in eating times. I definitely find the information about how your body burns fat stores during the fasting stage more efficiently interesting, but the selling point for me is just being able to eat bigger meals. The only reason I started eating more smaller meals is because you always hear that it's better for your metabolism and not to skip breakfast. Finding out that apparently isn't really true is awesome for me. I really think eating like this is going to make it so much easier for me to stay on track. It was very nice actually feeling satisfied after a meal yesterday. =) Hope it works out for you too.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #66  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies! I hope you are all doing great.

Monique, TooManyDimples, pattypaw ~ my sister fasts for a full day when she does her Paleo diet. She says it doesn't bother her. Good luck to you if you are doing it!

GettinFit ~ you will get there...I know you will...it is a long struggle sometimes. Thanks for looking to me as an example, but I started my weight loss journey in 2006!! It has taken me this long to lose that weight, but that's because of me...I would take breaks (and I maintained at 200 for about a year), and sometimes I wouldn't put my whole heart into it, so I'd gain and lose the same 10 pounds over and over. You CAN do it, and you WILL do it!!

I am feeling really, really gross today. We went out to eat yesterday and brought home tiramisu. My serving was probably for 3-4 people, but I ate it all. And today I woke up with a sick stomach and now it feels like there is a knot right in my throat. Gross. I think I had wayyyy too much sugar and I am paying for it now. And I weighed 2 pounds heavier this morning than I did yesterday morning, so I'm pretty sure my body is pissed at me for all the sugar intake. Hopefully water will help flush me out.

I hope you all have a great Monday!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #67  

Emme, been there, done that. Hope you feel better soon. Even though it took you years you still did it. You are definitely a wonderful example, as GettinFit said.

Kim, awesome job. I'm on day one of intermittent fasting. I think it's gonna keep me on track for sure. I'm so excited about it. My eating window is between 3 and 7. I'll be sure to keep you all updated on this.

Great job, Patty. Autumn Beauties, keep it up.

Monique
Old 03-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #68  
Stay Focused & Committed

Emme - I hope you feel better.

Monique - Keep us posted on how your new eating plan goes.

I'm sure missing the hour I lost this weekend. It usually takes me a few days to adjust so hopefully, I'll be on track later this week. So far my eating has been very good today. I just need to stay on track when I get home tonight. I'm determined to get out of the 200s before the summer.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:47 AM   #69  

Hey, Beauties! Well, day one of intermittent fasting went great....well, aside from me not choosing the best food choices when I finally ATE. LOL. But I AM proud of myself for sticking with my fasting today until 3 p.m. just as I planned . I definitely see that this is going to be very helpful for me

Tomarrow, I'm going to make try to make healthier eating choices. I have to eat healthy EVERY DAY but I like to do it when I can because it's the right thing to do .

I'm taking another break from working out today. With this time change, time is flying by too quickly right now. LOL.

Monique
Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #70  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning Beauties,

Monique - I'm glad this new plan is working for you. The key to losing weight is to find what works best for you. I'm with you on the time change. Yesterday after work I was so tired that I couldn't wait to get home. It's amazing what losing that 1 hour does to you.

Yesterday was a good day for me, I didn't do my 3 mile walk as planned but I did do a Firm Cardio DVD and I stuck to my food plan and ate very good. Today should be goo too.

I hope everyone else is having a great day so far.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #71  
Stay Focused & Committed

Today's Journal

B: Greek yogurt, 1 C skim milk w/Maxwell House International Cafe Suisse Mocha, 1 C mixed fruit
L: Salad w/turkey breast & reg dressing
D: Progresso soup, bagel thin w/laughing cow cheese
S: 2 clementines, popcorn, coffee w/flav creamer
Exercise: Firm DVD

Last edited by GettinFit; 03-15-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #72  
I am in control.

Hi everyone!

Monique ~ good luck to you with IF! I don't know if I would be able to do it...I get dizzy/lightheaded if I don't snack every few hours, so I give you props for being able to get through the first day!

I hope everyone has a great day. It's nice and cloudy here, but it is supposed to be 62 and sunny on Thursday...I...CAN'T...WAIT!!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #73  
lisa34t

S/C/G: 231/ticker/160-175

Height: 5"3

Happy Tuesday Ladies!

Yesterday was WI in for me and I was the same weight at last Thursday, I was really hoping more but TOM ruined it Therfore next Monday Im working for 214-15. Now I was already usingmy fitness pal on my droid, but I recently got the Iphone4 and I downloaded a water intake traker and its helping me get my 64oz daily. Im still doing the 30 day shred and its still struggle to keep up, but im not gonna give up on it. ..I also updated my ticker!!!!!!!!!!

Monique- Yes this time change is something to get used to but for me, even with out the time change, it never seems like its enough time in the day!

GettinFit- Whats your favorite flavor of the Laughing Cow Cheese, I cant seem to buy anything but the original!

Emme- Hope you are feeling better today.

Last edited by lisa34t; 03-15-2011 at 01:04 PM.
lisa34t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #74  
I am in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa34t View Post
Happy Tuesday Ladies!

Yesterday was WI in for me and I was the same weight at last Thursday, I was really hoping more but TOM ruined it Therfore next Monday Im working for 214-15. Now I was already usingmy fitness pal on my droid, but I recently got the Iphone4 and I downloaded a water intake traker and its helping me get my 64oz daily. Im still doing the 30 day shred and its still struggle to keep up, but im not gonna give up on it. ..I also updated my ticker!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, that stinkin' TOM!! I gain water weight both during PMS and TOM, so it seems like 2 out of my 4 weeks of the month are no-shows for weight loss. Stick with it, though...you are doing great! It's fun to hear that you are still doing 30 Day Shred ~ some days I would hate working out to it and I'd be scoffing at Jillian the whole time, but I always felt better when I was done doing it.

Last edited by Emme; 03-16-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:56 AM   #75  

Great job with the eating, GettinFit

Emme, yes, everyone is different and has to do what works for them. The six meal thing definitely works as well and has for me in the passed when I put my ALL into it. Lately, it's been just helped me to maintain....not really lose because I didn't put my ALL into which must mean it's truly not for me.

Just like working out for me has to be fun and/or easy or I'm not going to put much effort into it...the same goes with dieting. It HAS to be something that I don't have to think much about but be successful in and on day 2 of this intermittent fasting, I know this is sooooo my style.

Normally, during work hours, I would snack on things here and there all day because as you guys know, I'm a line cook. Yesturday and today, I walked right pass the bacon and teriyaki chicken and didn't think twice. There's something about the fasting and then KNOWING that I'm gonna be able to eat later on at 3 p.m. all the way to 7 p.m. that helps me stay on track. It's great! Okay, it's almost 10 p.m. California time and I'm rambling on and still haven't worked out. I'm getting on in for sure! LOL.

Lisa, I know how you feel about that TOM....pain in the butt, I tell ya.

Monique