We are a group of chicks up for a challenge to recover from hard times in life by transforming both from the inside out and the outside in. This begins our 30 day challenge for a group of alanoners committed to growth. This program is going to require the commitment of at least one hour per day exercise/journaling plus several accountability meetings per week/online chat. Here are our rules:
1. Excercise - at least 30 minutes per day of exercise, can be light walking the dog to harder cardio but I encourage us to do harder cardio to let out steam. Can take one day of rest per week.
2. Nutrition - create a plan for nutrition, goal of the month to lose 1 lb at least per week. Can count calories or follow a formal diet.
3. Organize home - we'll be following the flylady.net website to declutter our homes and our cars.
4. We'll journal and have a daily quiet time of at least 30 minutes per day, including alanon and other spiritual readings with quiet music or complete solitude. Preferably ams.
5. We are going to paint our toe nails bright pink. This is a symbol that we are going to learn to take care of ourselves. Every day when we bathe etc we'll see our bright toes and remember focus on us and not others.
6. We are going to clean our wardrobes, out with old frumpy clothes. Although it might seem shallow on one hand we are going to also recover from the outside in, taking care of ourselves better, doing our hair, makeup, and dressing better. This is a sign that we are empowered.
7. We are going to commit to two f2f or online meetings per week. We are going to be faithful at memorizing slogans and the steps. Each week each person will share a slogan of the week - to be put on sticky notes on our bathroom mirrors reminding us we are in recovery.
8. We are going to meet for online chat at 8 pm mountain time at least 3 times weekly throughout the 30 days to hold each other accountable. We will have our first meeting and start our 30 day challenge Feb 13, 2011.
9. Post fitness and nutrition/weight goals here at the start of the challenge.
10. At the end of this challenge we'll decide if we'll start another one for the following month, modifying our rules and perhaps changing our toe nail color!