Old 02-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #121  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post

This past weekend was my worst weekend. It started on Friday evening when I went to my cousin's for dinner because my aunt & other cousins were in town. My aunt baked goodies so I had one cheesecake square and one sm pc of carrot cake. I did okay with the dinner. Then on Sat. I overdid it with the 100 cal sweet desserts & pop chips and on Sat night I went to a party and had about 4 glasses of wine. Yesterday I gained control of the eating and went and did a 5 mile walk. I know this craziness was due to my not losing any pounds lately. I think I am going to need to cut my calories to around 1200 if I am going to lose weight. Livestrong says I should have around 1200-1300 a day to lose 2 pounds per week.
Hi GettinFit! I wouldn't beat yourself up about having an off weekend because it doesn't sound like it was that bad!! Maybe you went a little off of your eating plan, but you weren't eating horribly, horribly bad. Wine usually only has 100 calories per glass, so that's not too bad! Good luck reducing your calories. I'm excited to hear how it works out for you! I hope it doesn't deprive you too much...where are you at right now? Around 1400-1500ish?
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:47 PM   #122  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Yes Emme that's about where I am plus I eat extra for my workouts. Last week I decided that I wasn't going to buy anymore nuts for a while, well I was looking in my pantry last night and I found a whole bag of almonds. I will divide the servings into tiny zip lock bags and only eat them a few times this week. I also need to watch the sodium as I have high B/P and am on meds for that and I easily retain fluid. I'll just keep playing with it until I get it right. Last year when I was losing so good, I wasn't working a 9-5 desk job and I was able to walk 3-5 miles everyday and I was on my feet most of the day. Now I sit at a desk for 8 hours. I guess that really makes a difference. After the time changes to daylight savings time and I have more daylight after work, I will be able to get to Stone Mountain to walk a few evenings.

I am going to hang in there because I know I will eventually see the results on the scale that I want.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #123  
I am in control.

Quote:
Yes Emme that's about where I am plus I eat extra for my workouts. Last week I decided that I wasn't going to buy anymore nuts for a while, well I was looking in my pantry last night and I found a whole bag of almonds. I will divide the servings into tiny zip lock bags and only eat them a few times this week. I also need to watch the sodium as I have high B/P and am on meds for that and I easily retain fluid. I'll just keep playing with it until I get it right. Last year when I was losing so good, I wasn't working a 9-5 desk job and I was able to walk 3-5 miles everyday and I was on my feet most of the day. Now I sit at a desk for 8 hours. I guess that really makes a difference. After the time changes to daylight savings time and I have more daylight after work, I will be able to get to Stone Mountain to walk a few evenings.

I am going to hang in there because I know I will eventually see the results on the scale that I want.
It sounds like you have a great plan. Almonds are so good for you and are very high in protein. I could eat a whole can of them.

And I hear you about the work situation. I work at a desk, too, and it can be very difficult on my body to just sit all day. I try to walk around as much as I can, but it's hard!

Yes, hang in there...it will come...and you've lost a great amount of weight since December, so you should be proud!!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:32 PM   #124  
Stay Focused & Committed

Thanks Emme - You always so encouraging and I really appreciate it. I just need to be patient and wait on the scale.

I hope everyone else is doing good. I had a good day and am looking forward to another good one tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #125  
Stay Focused & Committed

I need to start back posting my journals here

B: greek yogurt, banana, coffee
L: Salad w/chicken breast & ff salad raspberry vineagrette dressing, coffee
S: Orville Redenbacher 94% snack pk popcorn, diet Barqs Root beer
orange, 2 servings almonds
D: Baked Chicken leg, green beans, 2 dark chocs
Exercise: FIRM Cardio Party
Old 02-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #126  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning Beauties,

I hope everyone is having a great day so far.

My journal for today:

B: Greek yogurt, banana, coffee w/creamer
L: Salad w/turkey breast, feta & hormel bacon pcs., 3 Dark chocs
D: Turkey sandwich on deli round with baby spinach & rf cheese
Exercise: Walk 49 mins at Stone Montain (3 miles)

I am going to tempt to get in a walk at Stone Mtn after work today. I'm hoping that I can make it there and walk 45 mins before it gets dark. I really need these intense walks to boost my weight loss.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Last edited by GettinFit; 02-23-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #127  
I am in control.

Good morning, ladies! It has been gloomy here for dayyyyyys now, and I am really ready for some sunshine. I can't wait for spring.

Well, I survived 2 days of a huge chocolate cake sitting in the kitchen in our office...the kitchen is right across the hall from my office and every time I had to go into the kitchen to fill up my water bottle I would see the cake...sooooo tempting. I would literally stand there and stare at it while my lunch was cooking in the microwave. Grrrr....cakes and cupcakes are my ultimate weaknesses. But, I made it through.

How is everyone else doing this week?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #128  
Stay Focused & Committed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Good morning, ladies! It has been gloomy here for dayyyyyys now, and I am really ready for some sunshine. I can't wait for spring.

Well, I survived 2 days of a huge chocolate cake sitting in the kitchen in our office...the kitchen is right across the hall from my office and every time I had to go into the kitchen to fill up my water bottle I would see the cake...sooooo tempting. I would literally stand there and stare at it while my lunch was cooking in the microwave. Grrrr....cakes and cupcakes are my ultimate weaknesses. But, I made it through.

How is everyone else doing this week?
Emme - Great job on resisting the cake. I know that took determination to refrain from having a piece. You are doing so good!!!

I had a very good day! Today I only ate about 1000 calories and I did an intense 3 mile walk at Stone Mountain. I don't want to eat anything else tonight so I'll just have to end up with 1000.

I hope everyone else had a great day.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #129  

S/C/G: H228/S225/C219/G150

Height: 5'6"

Great job, ladies! Emme, I couldn't help but laugh while reading about the cake. LOL! I'm the same way....such a weakness for me.

I can actually report FOR ONCE that I had a PERFECT day on plan today . I'm trying something new, since I have trouble eating throughout the entire day, I've created and set an alarm on my cell phone to go off five times a day to remind myself to eat something....and obviously, that something has to be as healthy as I can make it and if not, that's fine too. It's all about portion size after all . So I know this will help me A LOT and help speed up my metabolism so I can shed these pounds faster.

Well, I'm gonna end this night the right way by getting my workout in . Good night, Beauties!

Monique
Monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #130  
Pecking off pounds

S/C/G: 335/Ticker/170

Height: 6'5

down to 313... Been walking and not going over my calories and stuff... so i have reached my "lose five pounds this month" mark.

Last edited by Mistycrow; 02-24-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Mistycrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #131  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning Beauties,

Monique - That's a great idea to set your alarm as a reminder to workout. Great job on having a POP day too.

Congrats Mistycrow on your success.

I'm hoping to have another good day. The scale is back down to 214.8 and I'm hoping that it will keep going down now that I'm able to get to Stone Mtn during the evening after work to walk. Even though I was walking on the track here at work, it just wasn't enough for my body. My body's used to all the killer hills at the mountain. I'm also watching the carbs for a while; not eliminating but just not as many. I go on my next cruise in 9 months and I want to be at my goal by then. I have a gorgeous red gown that's a size 12 that I bought because it was on sale and I thought it would be a good incentive. My goal is to wear it when I go.

Let's all stay strong ladies - WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #132  
I am in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique View Post

I can actually report FOR ONCE that I had a PERFECT day on plan today . I'm trying something new, since I have trouble eating throughout the entire day, I've created and set an alarm on my cell phone to go off five times a day to remind myself to eat something....and obviously, that something has to be as healthy as I can make it and if not, that's fine too. It's all about portion size after all . So I know this will help me A LOT and help speed up my metabolism so I can shed these pounds faster.
Monique ~ that sounds like an awesome plan! I've always heard that it is good to eat every few hours ~ I know that if I don't, then I am a raging hunger freak by the time I am really hungry and then I pig out like food is going out of style. Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistycrow View Post
down to 313... Been walking and not going over my calories and stuff... so i have reached my "lose five pounds this month" mark.
Mistycrow ~ awesome work on losing your 5 pounds for the month! That's quite an accomplishment!

Quote:
Good morning Beauties,
I go on my next cruise in 9 months and I want to be at my goal by then. I have a gorgeous red gown that's a size 12 that I bought because it was on sale and I thought it would be a good incentive. My goal is to wear it when I go.

Let's all stay strong ladies - WE CAN DO THIS!
GettinFit ~ Ooh, that is a good incentive...that is a great goal to have, and I know you can do it.

A few more days left of February...this month went by so fast. As GettinFit said, Stay Strong! We are powerhouses!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:23 AM   #133  
Stay Focused & Committed

Forgot to post my journal for today:

B: RF string cheese, Chobani greek yogurt, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: Salad with romaine, spinach, feta, Hormel RF bacon pcs, french green beans, turkey breast & FF Raspberry vinaigrette dressing, coffee
D: turkey on wheat sandwich round with spinach & mustard, 3 dark chocs, coffee, 1/4 C skim milk
S: orange, small bag of 94% popcorn
Exercise: Ab work today

According to "My Plate" this is only 976 calories so I may add some almonds in tonight but it will only be 1 serving if I do
Added 1 sl RF cheese on sandwich, 1/4 C skim milk in coffee (this should be about 75 more cals)

Last edited by GettinFit; 02-24-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #134  

S/C/G: H228/S225/C219/G150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats, Misty. Thanks, GettinFit.

Yeah, Emme. It works great, eating something every few hours. I lost two pounds yesturday just from doing that. So, am at 213 today....again...haha. My goal was to get down to 209 this month....who knows? Maybe I can pull it off in a few days.

Keep it up, Beauties.

Monique
Monique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #135  
I am in control.

Good morning, Autumn Beauties ~ it is finally sunny here today and we didn't get hit with the 4-7 inches of snow we were supposed to...it was a dusting, if that...thank God!

My official weigh-in was this morning and I'm down 1.4 pounds since last Friday. My S-I-L is in from Florida and we are having dinner tonight ~ everyone is bringing a dish, so I'm not going to be able to count calories for dinner, but I am going to be mindful of what I am eating. I have one "high" calorie day per week, and today is the day.

I hope you all have a great Friday!