Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapulet View Post
Hummus -

1 can chickpeas
1/4 olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Tahini - optional (sesame seed paste)

Blend and enjoy!
I love Hummus! I have it almost every week. I love spicy foods, which are also great for boosting your metabolism, so I make a spicier version and it is delicious!

1 can chickpeas
1 small jar of roasted red bell peppers
jalapeno pepper, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp paprika
black pepper
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

I'm making some this weekend with homemade pita chips. Yummy! ^_^
surrendertolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #92  
Wrap dress addicted

S/C/G: 185/185/166

Height: 5'5 -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrendertolis View Post
I love Hummus! I have it almost every week. I love spicy foods, which are also great for boosting your metabolism, so I make a spicier version and it is delicious!

1 can chickpeas
1 small jar of roasted red bell peppers
jalapeno pepper, chopped
1-2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp paprika
black pepper
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

I'm making some this weekend with homemade pita chips. Yummy! ^_^
This is getting made for my Super Bowl party! I bet I can do it in my Magic Bullet

Thanks!

Last edited by NYGiantsGirl; 01-27-2011 at 05:29 PM.
NYGiantsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 260/*ticker*/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiantsGirl View Post
So this has been a pretty ****** 10 days.

I'm losing my job on Friday. I mean, I've known about this for a while (my company is moving cross country), but I've basically been sitting on the couch every night, paralyzed by anxiety. The good news is that I haven't gained any weight. And I've tracked my points pretty well. So that's helpful.

I need to move!!! I'm not depressed -- just worried. So tomorrow's goal is to work out for 45 minutes. Whatever it is -- DVD, treadmill (there's one in my building), whatever. Just to do SOMETHING.
This happens to me whenever I'm really stressed out or worried (either with relationship or family problems and/or losing my job, which has happened to me twice in the past two years). I don't have motivation to leave the house at all and with my old habits, I would just binge eat to make myself feel better. But exercise really works! It helps with anxiety and depression. Getting out to the gym or even just going for walks will be a huge help to you. Good luck with your weight loss goals and finding another job!

Quote:
This is getting made for my Super Bowl party! I bet I can do it in my Magic Bullet

Thanks!
That's great for a Super Bowl party! Sometimes I also like to buzz in some baby spinach into the blend so I'm getting some added nutrients. No one notices. lol

Last edited by surrendertolis; 01-27-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 216/210/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey, ladies. Hope everything's going great with you guys!

As for me, I didn't eat the best (an understatement, lol) today. I didn't exceed my calorie allowance, but I still had two pork chops, white rice, a pop, and half of a small cupcake. That's what people around me were eating and the sight and smell of it all was killing me, but I really do need to work on saying no! It didn't help that I was super hungry because I hadn't eaten all day, either.

dcapulet - Yeah, Boot Camp isn't one of my favorites either, but it kicks my butt every time (and I've only done Level 1 so far!), so I'll keep up with it and see what type of results I get with it. You could try mixing up some other workouts. The gym sounds even better, though!

Last edited by Northern Belle; 01-28-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Northern Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:32 AM   #95  
Wrap dress addicted

Quote:

That's great for a Super Bowl party! Sometimes I also like to buzz in some baby spinach into the blend so I'm getting some added nutrients. No one notices. lol
DH and I got this for our wedding:

So I'm going to fill it with low-points dips. Your hummus, FF Grrek yogurt with wasabi, lemon and cucumber and then FF sour cream with French onion soup mix

Last edited by NYGiantsGirl; 01-28-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #96  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi everyone

I'm feeling 100% better and back on track, not sure what the scale will read as body was not good for a few days, but I'm back on track and getting ready for my weekend off.

NYGirl, I love that dish, and have actually been looking for something just like that . . . do you know where they got it???? Hang in there on the job front

Surrender - that Hummus recipe looks great, maybe I'll do half plain and half with the roasted peppers, mmmmmmmmm, and veggies and pita chips, Heck I'm not waiting til the superbowl, I'm doing it THIS weekend and maybe again superbowl weekend . . . LOLOLOL

To all you east coast girls . . . hang on . . . I think there is MORE snow heading your way . . . I can't wait for spring and summer and NOOOOOO more snow . . . do I need to move somewhere warmer . . . this winter is getting depressing . . . it's suppose to be 34 today but next week back to teens and single digits . . . COME ON SUMMER!!!!

Have a great day . . . I'm off to do my workout
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #97  
Wrap dress addicted

MB -- it's from Crate and Barrel, the Raya serviceware collection

They had it last summer, and two summers ago, so maybe they'll be bringing ti back -- or if not, something v. similar!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #98  

Quote:
DH and I got this for our wedding:

So I'm going to fill it with low-points dips. Your hummus, FF Grrek yogurt with wasabi, lemon and cucumber and then FF sour cream with French onion soup mix
I wish I could come to your house for the Super Bowl! Haha.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #99  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamButterfly View Post

Surrender - that Hummus recipe looks great, maybe I'll do half plain and half with the roasted peppers, mmmmmmmmm, and veggies and pita chips, Heck I'm not waiting til the superbowl, I'm doing it THIS weekend and maybe again superbowl weekend . . . LOLOLOL
I love, love Hummus and well, dips in general. Sometimes I like to have the occasional meatless day, where I only eat fruits and veggies. I use Hummus as my protein due to the chickpeas. I then use baby carrots, endive spears, and one small pita bread cut into triangles and baked for dipping. I'm planning on this for Monday. Can't wait!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #100  
Wrap dress addicted

Quote:
I wish I could come to your house for the Super Bowl! Haha.
If you were in the area, you'd be totally welcome!!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #101  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Hummus, ooops

Ok, I was toooooo excited to make the Hummus yesterday, I didn't know if I should drain the chickpeas so I poured the liquid into the measuring cup, just in case, then I was like, NOPE I need that liquid, BUT forgot to add the olive oil, OOOOOPS, and (I think the taste is pretty close because they had free taste testers at the grocery store today (hummus and bagel chips) so the taste is fine and actually probably more healthy without the oil . . . either way it tastes good and is HEALTHY . . .

WONDERFUL . . . mmmmmmm, mmmmmmmm Good. although I wish I didn't add ALL of the liquid, (maybe 2 TBLSP less) I got lots of veggies for dipping and some plain and some flax/oatbran/wheat pitas, I tried it with raw pitas and carrots, SOOOOO good, will make pita chips today and eat hummus and watch movies today . . . I'm off the weekend and plan only to wash a few clothes (did almost all of them yesterday) watch TV and just be a lazy GIRL . . . ME TIME . . . oh and exercise, lololol almost forgot that

NYGIANTS; thanks, crate & barrel, yea they'll have something similar, sooner or later, I'll keep my eyes open, THANKS

I'm also going to make a buffalo chicken salad this weekend . . . so excited to try that too . . . ooooooooooh, it's going to be a nice relaxing weekend of just snacking (healthy snacking) and working out . . . maybe a nice hot soak in the tub with nice smelling bubbles and light a few candles . . .

Have a great weekend and for you New York ladies, try not to shovel toooooo much snow . . . I think you're getting it again this weekend . . . UGH and OH NO!!!
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:55 PM   #102  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

hey all -

time to catch up! looks like there's lots of yummy things going on here this weekend...

weigh in tomorrow - I hope to post a loss. I may go out tonight, but i'm debating because I don't want to go off plan. This is something I never anticipated before I started losing weight- being afraid to go out and do things. It's almost as if I go off plan I'll never get back on. I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with that.

Any suggestions?
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamButterfly View Post
I'm also going to make a buffalo chicken salad this weekend . . . so excited to try that too . . . ooooooooooh, it's going to be a nice relaxing weekend of just snacking (healthy snacking) and working out . . . maybe a nice hot soak in the tub with nice smelling bubbles and light a few candles . . .

Have a great weekend and for you New York ladies, try not to shovel toooooo much snow . . . I think you're getting it again this weekend . . . UGH and OH NO!!!
I'd love a recipe for that buffalo chicken salad! I love all things spicy!

Haha, thanks! We haven't gotten much where I'm at and I'm hoping it stays the same tomorrow!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #104  

Quote:
hey all -

time to catch up! looks like there's lots of yummy things going on here this weekend...

weigh in tomorrow - I hope to post a loss. I may go out tonight, but i'm debating because I don't want to go off plan. This is something I never anticipated before I started losing weight- being afraid to go out and do things. It's almost as if I go off plan I'll never get back on. I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with that.

Any suggestions?
I'm weighing myself tomorrow morning, too. I can't expect too much of a loss from Friday morning, but I'm hoping for at least a little something. With going out, try to stick to the healthier portion of the menu or order all dressings/sauces on the side. For an appetizer or side dish, choose a small salad or vegetable instead of something starchy. Other than that, just enjoy yourself!
Old 01-30-2011, 02:16 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 216/210/140

Height: 5'4"

I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow! I know there will be a loss, but I'm hoping it'll be on the higher end of what I've been seeing all week (3-6 lbs). Good luck, guys!

Quote:

Any suggestions?
I know this is late since you've probably already gone out, but maybe it can help you a bit in the future. I'm not afraid to go out, but I've decided to go out less than what I've been used to because there will be too much temptation otherwise. When I do go out, I make sure I don't eat anything at home (unless it's some type of healthy snack if I'm hungry) in order to save all of my calories for when I'm out. Honestly, I don't hold back much on what I eat when I'm out, although I do eat moderately with calories in mind and don't eat things that I don't need to eat (like free bread/biscuits and appetizers). This works fine for me. If I go overboard, I just write it off as a lost day (or a "cheat day") and keep going as if I never went off plan. After all, it's only one day and it won't kill your progress! It only will if you let that one day make you give up. Remembering this is the only thing that keeps me from completely giving up when I've had an off day.

Nights out that involve alcohol aren't much of a problem for me, since I rarely drink, so I can't be of much help there. I can say, though, that if you're going out with a group of friends, you can always offer to be a designated driver so that you don't drink or do it very moderately. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Northern Belle; 01-30-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Northern Belle is offline   Reply With Quote