Old 01-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #46  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

OK, I got a few minutes before I drive my son to school, so I thought I'd do some personals.

MM - Sounds like you had an awesome day with your kids. And 15K steps! I take it you went shopping like you said you might.

Purplefirefly - Don't you hate those days when nothing goes as planned? Sounds like you did your best though. That's what counts.

WillsAngel -Hi right back atcha! What the heck is a zumba class?!

jcatron243 - Here's to another great intake of WEED for all of us, like you had yesterday! Pass it on!!

OK, gotta go! I think I'll sing my way out of this one.

I'm so glad we had this time together,
Just to have a laugh, or sing a song.
Seems I just get started and before you know it
Comes the time I have to say, “So long".
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #47  
Calorie Counter

Purple~The last two times I bought cars I have spent that long getting my car. I absolutely hate the process.

Clykk~I'm glad your back!

For you gals that don't know me I work 12 hour shifts on a very odd schedule. I switch every other week so right now I am on my long work week (fri-sun on) (tues off) (wed~thurs on) then I swithch I will have fri-sun off. . . .and so on. I love the schedule but it wreaks havoc on my workouts. I am on the go a lot. My daughter is on swim team and my son takes lessons (so I am at the Y m-f) So on my work days I pick the kids up and head straight to the Y. It got to the point where it was much easier to go to the McDs right outside the Y then to cook. I have a plan now to cook everything ahead of time. Today I am cooking 3 meals worth of chicken. I am pretty proud of myself. We haven't eaten out in over a week now.

Speaking of over a week. I had my official w/i today I am down 4.8 pounds since last monday. I'm going to love this since I never lose weight fast. usually its a half pound a week no matter what I am eating or how much I workout.

W 80 oz
E 35 minute run/2000 meter row/ weight circut/15 minutes elliptical Then maybe I will treat myself to a steam room visit. The one thing I love about the kiddos being in school is that I can get in a nice long workout.
E 1500 cals
D get my 3 meals cooked, get laundry done

Last edited by jcatron243; 01-04-2011 at 09:37 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #48  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay how did I sleep 45 minutes while my alarm was going off this morning?!? I must have been tired after my first day back to work after Christmas break. That meant I missed my gym workout this morning, but I am going home at lunch to back my gym bag and go right after work! No excuses I have to do 4 miles today!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #49  
At it again

jcatron243, my husband is on a very similar schedule and, while we love the three day weekends, it really does create challenges. I really admire your discipline in getting your workouts in.

Purplefirefly, we can't control everything and I think part of really making a lifestyle change is learning how to deal with the curves that get thrown our way. You did great by choosing the veggie burger. Yay!

Yesterday did not go well for me. I did fine on water, but only fit 30 mins of walking in. I don't even want to discuss the menu. Although, a week ago, I wouldn't have though twice about what I ate. So, the fact that I was conscious of it, is progress. I'm going to use yesterday's slip as inspiration for today.

W - 64 oz
E - 60 mins walking
E - under 1400 calories
D - Finish some overdue work for my side business, so I won't have that hanging over my head

Have a great day everyone!
rmc9142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #50  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Jeni.. yes the 20lb gain club ..lol i hope to be out of it soon..

yesterday was awesome i met all my goals. I have one day past me and more to go but if i can keep up with everything im gonna be fine.
w 64+
e housework workout..3hrs...
e 1200 cal
d read n relax
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #51  
Ready! Set! GO!

S/C/G: 218.8/196.4/143

Height: 5'7"

Kris, I think cold turkey is the best way to do it. I did a ton of research when I quit and everything said that substituting a nicotine product for cigarettes just keeps you addicted. It's super hard, but that's the way I did it and you can do it too!!!! Just take it one hour at a time if you need to! Seriously.

I've been ok today...W: I'm on my 3rd 32 oz cup of water.
E: all fruit smoothie for breakfast and big salad for lunch, I'm doing a good soup and salad for diner. It is SO hard for me to stay on track when I'm cooking regular food for the kids (they're under/low weight so they have regular fat everything and dr tells me to put cheese on everything for them) when I am REALLY watching what I'm eating.
E: I've been cleaning/organizing all day, so I've been sweating and working all day!
D: I am not going to bed until the dining room is finished, so that's my goal today. This is my biggest problem area and I am so sick of it!

On another note...I was reading another thread here on 3fc and some people were talking about how they didn't like Biggest Loser. Can anyone tell me why? I couldn't really get to the why they didn't like it, but it was the general consensus. I thought I'd ask here, cause I'm a little more comfortable with you all. I'm not trying to cause any controversy, I just really was wondering what the issue is with the show...Thanks!
dandimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #52  
Calorie Counter

Dandi~I don't know for sure but I think the basic idea is the way the people lose their weight. I will say I have never watched a show. Not because I don't like it. I love how it inspires people to do things they never thought possible. I just don't watch a lot of tv. So take what I say knowing that. I heard that the people on the show are severly restricted on their diet (Ive heard less than 1200 cals which isn't healthy) and exercise for like 8 hours a day. so the idea of unhealthy weight loss is why some people dont like the show.

rmc~we all have hiccups. the trick is to not let it ruin your day/week/month.

Tiara~WE know what works for us lets do it! You do great at walking and the Wii right? I need to become the gym rat that I was.

Dolly~I hope you got in your 4 miles.

my workout is good I was almost right on my plan, but I skipped 5 minutes of my elliptical because I did 5 minutes on the arm pedal machine. food has been alright. after 9 days of not eating out I had to give in and hit McDs for breakfast. I thought I was on time with everything, but It turns out I waited to long to wake the kids up. I forgot my coffe and yogurt. I'm still doing ok though. I will still come in just under my 1500 calories.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandimae View Post
On another note...I was reading another thread here on 3fc and some people were talking about how they didn't like Biggest Loser. Can anyone tell me why?
I know there are a lot of people who don't like the show, but I really love it. I find it very motivating, but you have to put it into context for what it is. The people on the show give up their entire lives and have nothing to focus on every day but working out and watching their food and water intake. All stresses of daily life are gone...so it's not realistic for people like us to lose like they do.

There are criticisms about how fast they lose the weight but there are people in real life who lose it just as fast...and a lot of people from the show keep the weight off and look great years later, so obviously it isn't too unhealthy.

I just use it for motivation. I do not try to copy their methods and I am smart enough to understand that I'm not going to drop 100 pounds in the next two months. You just have to take it for what it's worth and not try to relate it to a real life losing situation...because they are not living real life while on the ranch.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #54  

W: 4 bottles, goal met
E: 200 calories on Wii, nowhere near goal
E: right on plan, but I am really wanting to eat tonight so I am about to go to bed to avoid it
D: Didn't get all my work done tonight, but I am calling it quits early to avoid a binge.

The urge to just sit and eat myself to death is strong tonight, so I am quitting work early and going to watch biggest loser in bed...new season tonight! yay! Fresh motivation!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #55  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

hello little ones! Quick fly by and I'm off to do my chores. Day 4 no smoking. Hubby caved. I'm not gonna. I swear I shoulda done this years ago....

Okay... so be good, stay strong and I'll see ya in the morning....!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:20 PM   #56  
Finally Happy :)

S/C/G: 175|113|125

Height: 5'4

Hey Ladies!!!! How are you all! I am so glad i stumbled across this thread! I am so ready for the challenge!! I am 21, mother of two (DS 3yo, DD 2months)
So i am VERY busy lol. nice to meet you all! My Goal is to Lose 13 lbs by feb 14th.

W- this is all i drink. Nothing else. water all day long. So i'm not sure how much that is..
E-30-35 min cardio 7x/week
E- 1200-1250 cals a day
D- Spend more time with the kiddos.
Ashley89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:56 AM   #57  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

welcome ashley...

Hey did anyone try that new extra mint chocolate chip sf gum? I got it 2day and i must say i like it. only downside is it makes my whole purse smell like it..If you guys are looking for a low cal dessert fix you cant go wrong with it its only 5 calz
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:44 AM   #58  
Calorie Counter

Purple~I hope you enjoyed the show! I hope you avoided your binge.

Kris~Good job on day 4!!! Lets make it day 5.

Ashley~ wow two little ones that close, you are definately busy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to work today. I think I am getting a cold. definately have the sniffles today. Anyway my swim lessons went really well last night, Tonight swim team and short sports YAY.

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes cardio
E no starches at night 1500 cals
D Not to get too irritated with people at work. I'm sorry but Monday was terrible, a cross between PMS and stupid little girls. ERR Today will be better. I came up with a plan to save my company $1000's of dollars AND at least 144 hours of down time per year!! I get to talk to our quality manager about it today!!

Last edited by jcatron243; 01-05-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:56 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I am cranky and stressed. Horrible first day back to work yesterday. Today will be better.

W 100
E 10k steps, did not get there yesterday. Will today
E OP
D Try to relax
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #60  

I am proud of myself I did not cave and eat last night, even with sick kids and not getting to sleep until after 3 AM! The kids are back in school today, but my son is home with pink eyes. I feel very focused today because it's looking like I will meet my weight loss goal for the week. Yay! I really had a lot of self doubt that I could get back in the swing of things. I'm striving for perfect weed today.