December Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Everyone is welcome to post fitness and exercise goals for December here and then track them through the month. Track your workouts, your minutes, the times you take the steps instead of the elevators, anything that gets you moving more whether the goal is big or small.
    State your goal in a post. I will add your goal to the goal list. When you reach your goal, it gets turned Red.

We have a sister thread December Weight Loss Challenge for weight loss goals. Join in one thread or both! We'd love to have you with us.
  • I'm going for 1500 minutes in December.

For those of you who can't get too much Christmas in December, I have a present for you. This is a free 45-minute dance video that is a nice low-key workout for the days I don't feel like working out. It's festive, silly, and very British. Hope you like it!
  • I'm going to try for 1200 min. walking/activity, plus 20 trips on the stairs. Lets hope I can do it this month.

Thanks Gardenerjoy! I am saving that to my favs.
  • My goals are: A minimum of 30 minute cardio 4 days/wk and ST'ing 2 days/wk

Thanks, as always, gardenerjoy for keeping this thread going!
  • I am trying to increase my cardio this month. I want to set a goal of 1200 minutes of cardio, whether it be from biking, walking, running, or elliptical machines.
  • I'm flying home for Christmas for 9 days and as much as I'd like to say I'll manage exercise every day while I'm there, I'm just not sure how possible that will be. SO, I'll try for an ambitious 1200 mins and I'll see how I get on.
    Good luck all Xx
  • Hey there

Was really unwell for the last week of November and the goal totally went, but I am so excited by how I did for the first 3 weeks that definitely I'm up for the December challenge. I think I'll set a daily challenge this time though - I'd like to do 45 mins/day.

This adds up to just under 1400 mins for the month, but as a way NOT to skip the days I'll go for a min of 45/day, rather than the overall goal. I think I'll set a goal of meeting the 45 mins/day target 6 of every 7 days.

Woooooo!

X
  • Fairly new to the forums but I would like to join the group. My goals are:

600 minutes cardio
    Back exercises daily

Thank you!
  • December Exercise Goal
    Hi Gardenerjoy!

I want to commit to 5 min of planned exercise everyday this month for a total of 155 min.

Thanks.

Today: 17/155
  • 1 Treadmill 20 mins, Box fit 60 mins, Spinning 45 mins = 125 mins
  • My goals are to workout at least 5x/wk, do a turbofire HITT class 2x/wk, and do strength at least 1x/wk.
  • Just joined the weight loss challenge thought this would be a good second step.

My goal for December is to rekindle my love of my elliptical trainer lol

Going for 700mins cardio and 420mins weight training/yoga

Good luck to everyone
  • 1. Walked 50 min, 1 stairs
    --------------------
    week 1 - Walking total... Stairs total...
    --------------------
    -------------------------
    Week 2 - Walking total..... Stairs total....
    -------------------------
    --------------------
    Week 3 - Walking total..... Stairs total....
    --------------------
    -------------------
    Week 4 - Walking total..... Stairs total....
    -------------------
    -------------------
    Total for month of December - walking..... stairs....
    -------------------
  • Here we go!! To a target of 45 mins a day, 6 days in 7... day marked with every time target is met...

EDIT: I'm having to rearrange my 'weeks' as my workout week has to run Monday - Sunday to make 6/7 possible (otherwise it's 5/7 then 7/7 because of work patterns!)...

Week 1
    29th - 40 mins swim, 10 mins balance board -
    30th - 45 mins swim, 10 mins balance board -
    1st - 45 mins swimming, 20 mins Jillian's 30DS -
    2nd - day off
    3rd - 150 mins snowboarding! -
    4th - 40 mins swimming, 10 mins balance board -
    5th - 45 mins swimming, 10 mins balance board -

WOOO!! Week one, complete!! -
  • I got motivated just by pasting this post together. Great goals everyone! Let me know if I messed anything up.
    Edited to add: There's still time to join us! I'll post again with a new version of the goal list as new people join in.

gardenerjoy: 1500 minutes
    Aislin: 1200 minutes walking/activity, 20 trips on the stairs
    Ms Perception: 30 minute cardio 4 days/wk and ST'ing 2 days/wk
    Demona: 1200 minutes of cardio
    CardboardCutoutCat: 1200 minutes
    shoeless: 45 mins/day target 6 of every 7 days
    missymckibben: 600 minutes cardio, Back exercises daily
    onebyone: 5 min of planned exercise everyday this month for a total of 155 min
    TheBunneh: workout at least 5x/wk, do a turbofire HITT class 2x/wk, and do strength at least 1x/wk
    carvedmarmalade: 700mins cardio and 420mins weight training/yoga