Old 03-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 178/177/150

Default Still going!

This forum hasn't died in my mind even though I may have disappeared! LOL.

I have my first 5k of the season this Sunday---and I have revamped my goals a lot. Sometimes, taking a step away from things really puts things in perspective. I've stopped drinking excessively and smoking. I don't put bad things into my body anymore. I'm staying clean on a 1500 calorie diet, putting my food log in every week and following it. I'm doing a good job.

I know what I have to do, I just have to do it. I weigh 159 right now, and I lost one pound last week. Yay! I've stopped weighing myself everyday, because I think it bugs me, bothers me, and makes me want to stop the bandwagon altogether. Besides, it's so much more fun to weigh yourself when you see changes anyway.

I've started being honest with myself about what I am putting in my body. I don't know if I have done that in a while.

I've made goals to certain limits to lose. For instance, once I get down to 155, I am going to get myself a massage....yyayyyy. If that's not a reward, I don't know what is. For every five pounds I lose, I will give myself a massage until I get to my goal of 140.

I have signed up for a half marathon in September---it's the Disneyland halfy! If anyone wants to meet up here from this board, that would be cool. But I am serious about Chicago 2012.

I've started taking Bikrahm Yoga to help with flexibility for my running. I go to birkrahm once a week, and then I run three other times during the week. I'm amping up my mileage slowly. Bikrahm really helps my body out for running! It's amazing how much your body will hurt if you don't stretch it properly.

I'll post on here periodically. I like these forums. I don't want to focus on wieght loss through this whole thing but instead focus on achievement---I think that will make a heck of a difference.

My biggest goal is to not obess--because I am so good at that!

But if any of you all want to do this Disneyland halfy with my
librarygirl111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #17  

Default Friday Update

Hi all!

Here's what I did this week to take small steps to the Chicago 2012 Marathon:

Monday 3/7-rest
Tuesday 3/8- Birkham Yoga (90 minutes)
Wednesday 3/9 - 4 mile run
Thursday 3/10 - 3 mile run
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - 5k race

I'll update everyone next week about what I did to prepare for the Chicago Marathon. Hope other people decide to climb aboard this challenge!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygirl111 View Post
That sounds like such a cute present from your hubby. Couch to 5k is great. I finished my first 5k in May this year, and it turned me into a junkie. :-P Although, I didn't lose too much weight. It's strange. The more I run, it's not as easy to lose weight. It's very crucial to eat less, but I am trying not to focus on those things so much anymore and instead focus on getting fit and healthy and hot!

My weight goal is 135, but I have been struggling with my weight for years. i feel like nothing works. I run 5 miles every other day, I watch what I eat, and sometimes, I still feel like nothing is making a difference. If I could even lose ten pounds I would be happy, but even that feels impossible some days.

I hope that through this, I will stop caring about the number on the scale so much, and instead foster a greater love through myself with the things that I can accomplish.
I can admit that there are times when I probably am not the most healthy eater I know, but I need to learn how to not binge as much, eat less, and focus on me.

After that being said, I am going to have watermelon for dinner. I binged at lunch and went out to eat with my hubby. I am glad I am finally confessing things again!

I know this is MONTHS after your post so hopefully you come back to check this.

I want to address your questioning of running more and not losing more weight. I have been a bit of an unintentional experiement lately. Long story short: I have gone from heavy weight training with recreational cardio to NO weight training - just circuit/resistance/cardio like you see in P90X. It's been about 3 months and here's what I noticed: I gained fat. Why? Because I ate more. Why? Because I was HUNGRIER!!! Why? I suspect it has something to do with the abrupt change in habit that must've effected my metabolism.

So here's what I started to do: EAT LESS! This is NOT my 1st choice. LOL but it's all work related so I don't have a choice. And now I'm back to my regular weight.

Here's my advice to you: Start lifting weights. Heavy weights. Lift like a guy! Do the cardio for fun. What happens is, your muscles will require more calories to maintain their strength and size. You burn calories not only while doing the exercise, but the hour afterward as well. Follow with a protein shake. Repeat no less than 3x a week, but no more than 5. On the off days (muscle recovery) hop on your bike or go for a jog but JUST FOR FUN, no pressure to push yourself. You'll notice the added strength in your legs assists in running and you'll be well on your way to a healthy race.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:18 PM   #19  

Default Hey Fitness

Hi fitness,

Thanks for checking in to see how it's going with the marathon training. Great advice! I think that while losing weight is a slight factor in this---it's less than I would have assumed.

I have started with protein shakes, and I even started taking this hardcore yoga called Bikrahm Yoga. Thats part of my weight training, and boy does it make a difference!

This weekend was a breakthrough for me in running! I have started weight training, more protein in my diet, ect., ---and it's starting to pay off!

On Saturday, I ran a 5k in 30min49sec. It was fantastic! I was even able to outrun some people. I came in with the first third of the runners, and I can't tell you how good that's made me feel.

Here is what my run schedule for the next week looks like:

Tuesday : 4 mile run B4 work
Wednesday: 4 mile run
Thursday: 5 mile run
Friday/Sat: Early Morning Bikrahm

However, I went totally off plan this weekend as a way to celebrate, and I ended up gaining 5 pounds. Kind of scared me, and started to make me think that I might have a problem with "binge eating".
Old 04-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #20  

Default 5k this weekend!

Hi all,

I just thought I'd update the group on what I am doing to train for the Chicago Marathon in 2012 this week:

Wednesday: 5 mile run
Thursday: 5 mile run
Friday: 4 mile run
Saturday: Birkham Yoga
Sunday: Another 5k race!

I've also decided to start training for a triathlon in June. It's just a sprint: 3 mile run/10 mile bike ride/400m swim. I just have to get biffed up when it comes to the swimming part.

I think that crosstraining before my disneyland half marathon in September is a good idea. It's good to work myself up as much as possible and to work different muscle groups too.

All this exercise is helping my attitude too---I just don't care anymore! As long as I can get out there on the road, and push myself a little bit, I start to feel better about everything.

I purchased a Flip HD camera this weekend, and I'm really excited about this. I want to film all my races and put my favorite work-out songs over it. LOL, cheesey, I know, but so cool too!

Weight loss is going great. Got on the scale and I weighed 151---wow! We'll see if that changes later on. I could just be fluxuating a lot. But that would mean I have lost ten pounds since I started this whole thing----coooll!

Here is what my race calendar looks like for the next few months:

4/16 5k run

5/21 5k run

5/28 will run for wine 5k

6/11 Triathlon Sprint (3m run/10m bike/400m swim)

7/17 Chunky Monkey 10k

7/31 Cochiti Triathlon Sprint

8/20 Taos Ski Valley 10k

8/27 Women's Triathlon Sprint

9/4 Disneyland Half Marathon!!!

It's good to have some plans to keep me busy this summer.

I hope the force is with me!!!

This saturday, I have
Old 04-28-2011, 06:14 PM   #21  

Default thoughts in the sky

I guess I like venting here about the Chicago marathon, and talking about what direction my training is going in for 2012. It's nice to have a place to say that besides my mind: I will run the Chicago Marthon in 2012.

Today, I ran 5 miles around my neighborhood. It was nice and relaxing. I am excited because I am actually going to Chicago this weekend---it kind of amps up that Chicago marathon thing! I have decided that on Saturday morning---before my sister's bachlorette party---I am going to do a 6 mile run along the lake. I think it's going to be great.

It's nice that I can go to Chicago and focus on this marathon that I will be doing---it could be--that after my sister's wedding, I won't ever go back to Chicago until the marathon.

This last Friday, I did a little ---what I call-- a "mini-triathlon". It was exhilerating! I did a 10mile bike ride, followed by a 2 mile run, and then I finished it off with a 300 swim. Who would have thought I had it in me!

It makes me realize--that yes--I can, in fact, do a triathlon. In June, I am going to do a triathlon. It's a 10mile bike ride--3 mile run--400m swim---and I am so excited about it!!!!

Learning that I have this ability within myself to push myself physically than I ever have before is exhilerating.

I have been also slowly been losing weight. I'm excited to say that I stepped on the scale today and weighed 151.2. I was very happy with those numbers. It's so hard to learn how to eat less, but I am thinking I am doing pretty good.

As the Disneyland Half Marathon approaches me in September, I become nervous and excited and happy about finally getting to reach that far.

I just try to think about the days when I will have kids around me and there won't be any more time for ME time.

That's what gets me out the door every morning. I need more ME time in life.

After the Disney half marathon, I will have about a year before the Chicago Marathon.

I think that's when I will start doing some weekly video blogs on the subject.

Heck---I might as well start doing weekly video blogs now!

I think I will, I will do a post of me running on the shore of Chicago this weekend.

It will make me very happy to see all this progress I've been doing.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #22  

Default reverb

I got on the scale today and I weigh 159!!! My sister's wedding festivities totally did me in, it was wayyyyyyyyyy toooooo muchhh partying. lol, well, your sister only gets married once, so what the heck.

Besides, I have tremendously increased my mileage, and it's great. I am now doing about six miles every run, pretty excited stuff, slowly working myself up, but we'll see!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

Hi people, relatively new here but just curious Is there any / many considering this marathon?
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #24  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

Sorry just bumping this, anyone give it any thought??
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote