Old 11-03-2010, 07:00 AM   #46  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Check in time for me! Happy Morning everyone!
Louisa, did I read it right? are you a November baby too? Mine is the 20th of this month, when is yours? Happy Birthday!
Today is also my DH birthday, Luckily he has requested shrimp for dinner Yay! I can stay on plan with that. Gotta run for now chickies, hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by Lewisempire; 11-03-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #47  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisaH View Post
Sounds like the headache fairy has been making her rounds. She's still sitting right between my eyes and it's making me weary.
Yes indeed - she' s doing her thing. I've had a headache for over 2 days , and have lost 9 lbs. since Monday (mostly water). I weigh 226.6 this morning.

I read somewhere that the medical explanation for a "diet headache" is fluctuations in insulin levels.
That is, the headache comes as a result of your body adjusting to a lower level of circulating insulin (a good thing).

So after the kind of bingeing I've been doing with candy & cookies I shouldn't be surprised.

When I really get into the sugar stuff, that's all I will eat - exclusive of other foods . So going back to "clean eating" is bound to affect me.
I sure I hope I ditch this headache today.

I'm planning on an OP day & probably a nap (didn't sleep well).

Hope your day is a good one

Last edited by susiemartin; 11-03-2010 at 08:15 AM.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #48  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

OK, so one of my goals was to check in everyday and I already blew it yesterday, Nov. 2! It was just a crazy day and every time I sat down at the computer something happened to pull me off. I was thinking of you gals though, so maybe that counts!

Had a kind of iffy food day yesterday. For some reason I was just really, really hungry all day.... probably hormones. Hopefully today will be better. Going to be OP and kickin' butt!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 155/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Had a great day yesterday....and down 1.5 lbs! Plan on eating good today but will have to work out at home vs the gym today.
tttellier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #50  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in this morning before I run off to a meeting here at work.

Weighed in this morning at 143.6 - so no loss or gain. I'll weigh again on Saturday or Sunday, hopefully I will be down a pound by then.

Stayed at 1500 calories yesterday. Monday I was at 1500 but later that night ended up feeling really sick and ate a lot of saltines. I resisited getting some sprite or ginger ale though...just stuck with water and saltines but went about 200 calories over plan.

So far this week, 1700, 1500.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:41 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 139/see ticker/115

Height: 5ft

My goal for nov 30 is 125
Goforit24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #52  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! The past few days have gone pretty well food wise, but I have not been able to get in any exercise and have not been drinking enough water. My weight yesterday was 182.2, down 1.4 pounds from the previous day, so at least I'm starting to lose some water weight. I forgot to weigh in this morning, but I was at 1310 calories yesterday
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:44 PM   #53  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

November Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

Ms Perception: Log food daily, Reach 141 lbs, Read a diet/nutrition book
cherbear: Reach 145 lbs, No pop, Track food daily
Jeni: Reach 173 lbs
JLNichols07: No Cokes, Reach 170 lbs
Wildflower: REach 136 lbs, Stay at 1500 cals/day
VickieLou: Lose 10 lbs, Finish reading The Beck Diet
penmage: Cut out diet sodas, Lose 6.5 lbs, No snacking after 8 p.m.
anna78: Lose 5 lbs, Log calories
Kismet89: Lose 12.5 lbs, Log calories daily, Remember water
luckymommy: Lose 10 lbs
susiemartin: Lose 12.6 lbs, Weigh daily and post weight
My Michelle: Reach 150 lbs
starbrite: Lose 10 lbs
Lewisempire: Reach 200 lbs, Cut out diet colas
shoeless: Lose 10 lbs, Drink 2L water daily
I am worth it: Eat more vegetables and less sugar, Get back to 137 lbs
RockinAsh: One cheat day/week, Lose 10 lbs
TheBunneh: Reach 175 lbs by 11/21 and maintain
zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs, Avg 1500 cals/day
eclipse: Reach 177 lbs
niitebug: Log food intake, Lose 7 lbs
urockmom: Lose 7 lbs, Check in daily
tigga: Lose 5 lbs
MysticBliss: Lose 8 lbs, Log food and water intake
energie: Lose 8 lbs
toastedsmoke: Lose 10 lbs, Start taking vitamin supplements diligently
LouisaH: Reach 145 lbs
emthompson: Lose at least 8 lbs
Imtrying2: No fast food
tttellier: Lose 8 lbs, Keep daily food journal
gypsychic: Lose 10 lbs, Eat adequate proteins/build lean muscle
AbstractSilver: Get out of the 190's, No soda/energy drinks, No candy, No fast food
Goforit24: Reach 125 lbs
ruth135: Lose 7 lbs
Hopeful8: Reach 144 lbs, No diet soda

Last edited by Ms Perception; 11-03-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #54  
Back at it...again!

newbies! Good to have you with us.. It's never too late to start this thread!

I did it! Day #2 OP. I did have dessert last night when the friends were over, but just one reasonable helping as planned. So glad to have 2+ days OP. It's been too long since I've accomplished that simple feat!
On the other hand, I once again forgot to weigh myself this morning. What's up with that?! I really wanted to see my resluts! I was in the buff right before my shower, about to weigh and I noticed a jagged nail, so I got distracted and got out the nail clipers and trimmed the nail and forgot about weighing myself...what a dork! Anyway, I know I've made good progress, because I figured I'd weigh myself once I remembered (fully clothed, after breakfast) and I was 148.6. So, I figure I'm probably down a good pound or 2 from the start of the month. I really hope I remember to find out for sure tomorrow. I feel great about how I've started this month. Unfortunately, staying consistent and finishing well have been more my problem. Not this month, though. I'm going to be on here much more often and stay accountable for my progress...once I remember to weight myself, of course!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #55  
Back at it...again!

LE-Happy b-day to DH! That was nice of him to choose such a healthy protein for the meal! Mine usually wants some buffet or "treat" meal! LOL

LouisaH-Which day is your actual b-day? Did you say the 7th? I'm a firm believer in celebrating as much as possible, too. We should certainly celebrate our lives! Now, just remember all your hard work, so keep the dancing up and the cocktails and food in line with your activity and you're golden. You're good at that usually. I'm not much of a dancer, so I can't get away with quite as much "celebrating".

susiemartin-Holy sugar headache, Batman! 9 pounds?!? That's incredible! I'm also quite the fluctuater with being off plan. Some people go up a pound. I can go up 5 overnight if I eat an off plan supper. I mean it comes off in a few days, but WOW. At least you know it's mainly carbs that do it to you. You're only a few pounds from November goal! Keep up the good work and that headache will have to move on. Makes sense about the insulin. I'd consumed unusually high amounts of sugar the last couple days of October, so I knew that was the likely culprit for me too.

urockmom-Good to still have you with us. There has to be a little wiggle room to make mistakes or to have a busy day. Maybe you could allow yourself to miss 4 days for the month or something. Hope your days a little less plagued by hunger today. I'm usually like that about a week before TOM. Definitely due to hormones then.

tttellier-You're making nice progress already! How's the food journal coming along? That can be a challenging habit for me, but I'm trying it again this month.

Wildflower-The saltines were probably a good idea. There are times when we need to think about the big picture for our bodies and you did just that. I hope you're feeling 100% today and I know you'll see some scale progress soon!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 11-03-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:26 PM   #56  

Hi Chickies!

I'm a little late joining in, I've been meaning to but I've been so busy the last couple of days and I kept forgetting.
I gained 10lbs back during July and August and have been trying to get them off since September.

My goal for November is to lose 7lbs which is kinda steep for me but I really want to get back to where I was in June.

My starting weight was 170.8 and today I'm 170.2. I've been OP but TOM is not letting the weight go very easily
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #57  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hopefully it's not too late to join. With vacation and lots of work trips my weight loss has been stalled and I need to kick it in to high gear once again. My goal for the end of the month is to be at 144lbs. I need to cut out the diet soda as well. Not sure what my problem is but lately I've been allowing myself 1 can/day. It stops right now. No more diet soda and down to 144.

SW- 152.0
GW- 144.0

Last edited by Hopeful8; 11-03-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 155/ticker/130

Ms Perception: congrats on two OP days! I know the feeling. I've been telling myself for about a year that I wanted to lose this weight. I would be good for like a blink of an eye then give up or give in to temptation. I've been doing good with my food journal....keeping track of food and calories along with exercise. Can't wait to hear how your weigh-in goes!
Ruth: Welcome! My TOM just snuck up...so I'll see how it goes tomorrow. Good luck to both of us!
tttellier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:12 PM   #59  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

I spent the day walking around Sea World in ridiculously hot weather, today. I drank a lot of water, but I'm still feeling dehydrated. They had no good choices, really, for food - so I ended up with a burger and fries for lunch. Sigh. I'm still totally stuffed, though, so i doubt I'll eat dinner - maybe that will half make up for it. I'm expecting to be up weight wise in the morning, if for no reason other than feeling dehydrated and what I'm sure was a massive sodium content in my lunch.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #60  
Back at it...again!

Day #3 down! I'm so proud of myself. I realize it's just 3 days, but each day is a wonderful celebration of getting back on track. I plan to report my progress tomorrow.

Another accomplishment today was FINALLY doing some formal strength training. I just did a little to get back into the routine I was doing last winter. I did one set of each exercise to check weights. It's baby steps in the right direction....