Old 09-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

Congrats, Bac0s!!

Welcome, ashley nicole

Yesterday I did W6D2. I'm not sure if I'll repeat it or move on. I completed it but the second 10-minute run kicked my butt! Once again, I think it was a mental thing. I need to put some different music and videos on my phone. I'm going to do that tonight.
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

OK I think I better start around the week 5 mark. My first night running I made it about 15 minutes. The second night I made it 10 minutes I ended up turning that into an interval day. Although what do you guys think? I kind of don't want to go back to 5 and 8 min interval runs and just stick with the running as long as I can but I am sure I would be missing out on the benefits of interval training. Ugh. If only I could run for 20 minutes. LOL

Cook- you will get there! I could barely run for 1 min when I started but you will be amazed at how fast you build stamina.

Pink- I am with you on the mental thing. I am sure I could make it for 20 minutes if I just DO IT!

Last edited by KayNicole; 09-30-2010 at 04:54 PM.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:10 AM   #78  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

I'm definitely feeling you guys with the mental thing. I went into today's run totally discouraged because I'm so slow, and I just let it get to me the whole time. I ended up running for 30 minutes, so 2 minutes longer than needed, but I was still short on the distance. I think part of my problem may be running inside, I'm slow because I have to keep making these circles which doesn't allow me to get my speed up. I'm also wondering if it might make me more tired because I can't get a nice long stride going, it's constantly shorter steps because I can't go very far. I would think that more, shorter steps would use up more energy than fewer, longer strides would. I really need to get over my self consciousness and go running outside. I know of 3 different routes and I think it might be easier to get over the time thing if I had some different scenery too. I really need to get over myself and just do it!
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:56 AM   #79  
Cookie

S/C/G: 88.0/83.7/63

Height: 170cm

Completed Week 1 this afternoon. Was easier than the other runs. Phew maybe I am ready to go to week 2. I'll give it a go on Sunday.
Cookc04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #80  

Height: 5'0"

CookC definitely move on to week 2 before you decide to repeat W1. You'll probably find it easier then W1.
leannerenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 212/209/162

Height: 5' 9"

Hi! My name is Sarah and I just stumbled upon this thread. I've been looking for a C25K support thread! I JUST started running, so I'm only on Week 1.

You girls are doing great! Keep it up!

Sarah
losing50in365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Dudesmom- I have the same problem. I am intimidated by the streets but I have access to a treadmill in my apartment workout room. I just don't want to go running past someone and have them think I am about to pass out since my face is beat red and I am breathing super hard... oh and not to mention they might be passing me event though they are walking! LOL So I understand. I know we shouldn't worry about what others think but it is still so hard. I am doing a 5k in 2 weeks so I will have to get over it fast!

Welcome to all of you just starting out! Good luck and remember to push yourselves, you can do more than you think.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #83  

Yay! I'll be moving on to Week 7!! I completed W6D3 today. Surprised myself because I did not feel like doing anything this morning. I felt so sluggish and tired (late night). But I got through the 25 minute run. By the 15 minute mark, I was sure I wouldn't finish lol. But I did! Woo hoo!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #84  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I've been looking for a thread like this! I'm doing the C25K, too. I'm supposed to complete W5D1 tomorrow, but I had to take a long break and I'm afraid I might not make it... I don't know if I should try it or repeat W4 just in case...
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #85  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I'm about to move on to Week 2 (after 2 weeks on week 1) How ya'll doin?
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #86  
Cookie

Welome

Fit4Lyfe and Losing50in365
There are a couple of us who are around the week1 mark.
I've just finished W1D3 so Sunday I try W2D1.

I'm sore today but feeling totally inspired by this program.

I am noticing the 'happy vibe' that running gives for about 36 hours after the run. ON the day after my run I want to run again but by the time I get to my next run day I feel like ' could I be bothered?' so far I've done the 3 runs in the week so I have been bothered.

The podcasts do make a difference - I'd cheat myself and finish early if it weren't for the podcast. In the second last 60 sec run yest I almost stopped and walked but managed to kick myself up to do this properly.

I'm now looking at details for the Sydney Running Festival in 2011 wondering if I'll be able to do any of these runs.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #87  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to all the newbies!

So last night I went to be really early, not for any particular reason other than the fact that I was tired (even though I woke up REALLY late). This morning the alarm goes off at 6 since it was still set from yesterday. I turned it off and then couldn't fall back to sleep. I decided to get ready and go outside and run while no one would be out. I went to the park since I had mapped the distance around and knew how many laps equalled a mile. I intended to run 2.75 miles since that is what I'm scheduled for (should be W8D3 for me). I know that running outside is harder, but I just didn't expect it to be so hard. I ran 2 laps and was dying. I thought 2 laps was .5 miles, but I checked my pedometer and it said .97. I figured maybe I mapped wrong and I was really happy I had gone that far without stopping. I figured I would just run two laps and walk 1, and keep repeating that til it equalled 3 miles (of running, the walking would be extra). So I walked a lap and checked my pedometer again. It said 1.26. Which would mean my walking lap was only .3 miles. Obviously that means my pedometer is really inaccurate and that the map was actually pretty close. I was really disappointed and just so totally discouraged that I decided to just quit. I was going to go back home and wallow in misery. Instead, I walked a little and then just decided to start over again with W1D1 (I might have started with a little more difficult week but I couldn't remember the intervals). I went through one cycle and then went home. I don't feel so bad about it now as I initially did, but it is pretty frustrating that all the work that I put in inside has had zero effect on what I can do outside. Good thing my 5K is still really far away. Anyway, I'm not giving up, even if I do have to start all over again.
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #88  

dudesmom, sorry you had a bad run. Will you be running outside from now on?

I wasn't supposed to run today but I was feeling really bored this morning so I went to the gym. I completed W7D1 today.

Question for everyone: What determines if you move on to the next day/week? If you have to slow down to a speed walk for a couple of seconds do you repeat the day?
Old 10-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #89  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

Meh, I chickened out and decided to repeat W4. I think I'll skip to W5, though. It was almost too easy.

pink sparkle, I don't think so... I've done it once. Then the next time I made it without slowing down. I think that if I had trouble twice in a row, then I'd repeat a day. I hope I'm making sense, my english seems to have abandoned me.
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #90  
Cookie

It's raining today - and it's my first day for W2 after reading all the difficulties in going from treadmill to outdoor I don't want to do treadmill. I wonder if running in rain will be too bad. It's light rain at the moment - but the ground will be slippery.
Am I just looking for an excuse not to run?
Rewarded myself for getting through first week with another pair of running tights. Surprised by how few have zippered pockets. Where do people put their key and their mp3 player if they don't have pockets?