Old 07-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

I really like wrapping the band around things because then I can increase or decrease the resistance by moving closer or further away.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 217/217/130

Height: 5'2''

Red face

well this looks like a good place to start off.
goal: 7 pounds
if anyone has any advice for a rookie i'm all ears
roxie girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #63  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Cool Hello all-

So how did everyone's 1st day of this new challenge go? I hope your having an awesome day everyone!

I had a test today for school which I did well on so I was pleased with that.... I am also making mushroom and spinach enchiladas for dinner tonight (oh, topped with tomatilla salsa) which are super low in points for an enormous amount of food! I am cooking as I type.

Well, I look forward to getting to know everyone as I am a newbie to this particular challenge, not the forum though. We are old friends!

Have a great rest of the day!

Last edited by akacutie; 07-01-2010 at 08:23 PM.
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #64  

My first day went well, got out of bed and straight to boot camp! I haven't been home again other than once, but that one time I did take the stairs so so far I'm right on track.

I'm planning on adding my extra exercise on to the weekends by hiking or the likes.

I'm glad you did well on the test aka, and dinner sounds awesome! Tonight for dinner it's leftovers! I tried to have some left over chicken from dinner last night on my salad for lunch but for whatever reason it made me throw up. I have no idea what this issue is about, lol, it was DELICIOUS last night, and then cold ... nope does not agree. Bummer though, I was counting on having the last of that chicken for dinner tonight.

I hope everyone here is doing great on day one!

Last edited by audrina; 07-01-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #65  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Hey Audrina-

I am glad to hear from you! I am glad your first is going well.... except for your lunch! I wonder what was wrong with the chicken! Hmmmmmm.... Did you refrigerate right away after you cooked it? Maybe your tummy did not want cold chicken! :P

My husband never eats leftovers so I usually eat leftovers for lunch for a day or two depends on when I get sick of it.... LOL The good thing is I always have something yummy for dinner.

What is your boot camp like? Is it a group like at the gym? Something your doing at home? I am curious!
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #66  

I think that my stomach just didn't agree with the cold chicken. I did refrigerate right after I cooked it, well I let it sit for 10 minutes and then cut it up and tossed what I wasn't going to eat in the fridge. It may have also been because of the medication that I'm on - sometimes it makes me really sick when I try to eat certain foods because it really suppresses my appetite. The odd thing about that is when it happens normally I can't eat or drink ANYTHING without throwing up, including water, and after I was done getting sick with the chicken I went straight to chowing down on some veggies. Oh well, what are you really going to do, right?

I usually eat leftovers for a day or two as well, I cook at night and then make a leftover salad for the next day's lunch, something for dinner and usually I have enough left for the third day as well. It's a great way for me to help control my portions and to monitor my calories as it takes less of the guessing out.

The boot camp that I do is outside in a local park for an hour. We do resistance training, some work with hand weights and a TON of cardio. There are varying levels of fitness in the boot camp, from marathon runners to people like me who are way out of shape and trying to lose weight. What I like the most about it is that every day [and I've been doing it for 3 months now] is completely different, so it's hard to dread anything or predict what's coming next -- which for me makes it easier to work out. I honestly never thought I would love exercising so much but I usually go to bed looking forward to getting up at 5:30am to go in the morning.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:02 PM   #67  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Audrina- Im sorry about the chicken, but glad that the rest of your day went well.

aka- that dinner sound great!

Today was alright for me. I didn't feel very well, so I skipped the gym, but made sure that I kept on the right track for food. I hope everyone else did well today.

Last edited by gatorgirl6; 07-01-2010 at 09:24 PM.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #68  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

akacutie - Yay for doing well on the test! Your dinner sounds sooo yummy. I made turkey burgers and baked potatoes.

audrina - Sorry the chicken didn't agree with you. =( The boot camp sounds hardcore though, good for you!

gatorgirl6 - Hope you feel better tomorrow!

I did pretty good today. I ended up having a really good workout even though I was so tired and sore this morning. And I have several hundred calories left after dinner, so I can have a little desert. =D

I hope everyone has a great night!
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #69  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Welcome back MsP...good to see you back as well. Its been awhile.

Well I'm checking in...today has gone well and POP thus far. I accepted a job, so I should be finalizing all that jazz next week and I think that will help tremendously with my eating as well.

Start weight for the challenge: 191.0. Lets rock the cashbah ladies!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #70  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

my day 1 is not over yet - i still need to exercise tonight. I have a great eating day, and dinner was my once weekly cheat meal. Cheat days don't work for me, so I have one cheat meal a week.

Looks like everyone is doing well - awesome! hopefully we can carry it over through the big holiday weekend
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

I did a workout today. I have been doing my elliptical machine but haven't been consistant with it. I decided after reading the forums here to give Jillian's 30 Day Shred a try. I worked up quite a sweat. I'm not sure about the format if I am supposed to do it for 30 days straight or incorporate rest days. I guess we'll see how I am doing tomorrow. If I'm too sore to do another shred workout I'll get back ont he elliptical machine. Either way for today, it's done
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:37 PM   #72  
Never ending story

S/C/G: 213/160/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Alrighty Chicklets, looks like we've got some good motivation for a successful July! I'm starting this challenge at 165.2, which means I was 2.8 pounds short of my 10 pound goal for June, but I'm going to try for 10 again, and hope to see 155.2 by the end of July. I'd hoped to reach my goal of 145 by my anniversary on the 24th, but it's not going to happen. I'm already smaller than DH has ever seen me, so it's okay though! I have to remember it's not a race...
LouisaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:43 PM   #73  
Jeri

S/C/G: 286/142.6/150/new goal 140

Height: 5-4

I almost forgot to add myself to this thread! I'm aiming for 208 this month.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:00 AM   #74  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

wow it's busy round here!
I'm feeling a bit overawed to mingle so i think i'll just stand over here by the bar for a bit first..................
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:35 AM   #75  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Well, embarassing as it is....I finally weighed myself since being back from my trip and it looks like I managed to gain about 10 pounds during vacation. Nice, huh? Please don't bother with the "it's just water weight" comments. I know I ate the calories. I deserve the gain and I will re-lose those pounds, whatever it takes.
I ate poorly part of today too. I started out well, then just decided I could ease back into my healthy habits....uh, yeah...that's not gonna work. Back to reality and an end to my stupidity. I know many of you know exactly what I'm talking about and I'm thankful I can come on here and be honest without getting a bunch of patronizing remarks from ignorant people who don't get it.
Now, on to happier remarks! The trip was beautiful and we really enjoyed it, but honestly, it was hard on us and the kids being apart for so long. I don't think we'll do that again, or at least not for that long. We saw amazing scenery and did all kinds of fun stuff. I went zip-lining and kayaking for the first time and loved them both!! We also went canoeing then hiking in a lovely temperate rainforest. We really stayed pretty active and I reached a new distance running. I kept my normal running schedule, which I was pleased with. I actually ran 9 miles straight on the ship (laps around one of the decks) on my long run day. That beats my previous long run by 2 miles!!! My complete and utter failure was the food and I still can't believe how badly I ate. There are some things I'm still working out obviously. Here's to a healthier July! I turn 34 this month. I want to be able to celebrate my maintenance, so I better get back to my maintenance weight before then!!!!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 07-02-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote