Old 05-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #31  
aka Wendi (it's shorter!)

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'6"

Vert- I have gamefly too, unfortunately my other seems to take control of it more often than I. Right now we have Heavy Rain (ok that one was for me) and God of War 3. I think next in line is bayonetta and Call of Duty.

No Wii time yesterday, apart from weighing myself, and probably none today, finals papers due this week. I should be able to bounce in with you guys on Monday though.

I put WiiFit Plus and the wii DDR on my wedding registry, I'm crossing my fingers that someone will be cool enough to get one of those for me =D
Asynchronous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #32  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

5/2 I got in 30 min of Wii Fit Plus doing Free Step
5/3 This morning I did Wii Active for 35 minutes
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #33  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I had to go in to work today so I brought the Wii home. I earned 32 minutes on Wii Fit and unlocked the super hula hoop. (a couple months ago all the profiles on the Wii got erased so I've had to start over. The one I miss the most is the balance one wher eyou just sit and stare at the candle. I really liked that one and I haven't earned it back yet.)

The best part is, the balance board said I weighed 250 rather than the 255 of the scale at work. That made me very happy.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Ok, so 300 seemed to be on the low side for me, so I upped it to 500. I did 70 minutes today bringing me to 110 minutes. I made a ticker for the challenge too. Wanted to do more tonight but my batteries in my balance board finally gave it up, have to get more tomorrow.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #35  
Shifty Werewolf

I would love to hear from folks who have the "Fit Plus" how it is different from the original "fit". I know it lets you build routines, which would be very nice, but how different is the selection of options. Are the yoga and strength sections basically the same? Are the aerobic and balance games the same? Similar? All new?
Old 05-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Vert-I have gamefly which I like. I've even traded in some games I don't play anymore. I have Biggest Loser and Endless Ocean right now. Not crazy about Biggest Loser. I belong to a yoga studio so I am pretty picky about my yoga. I tried that yoga video and didn't like it. Not crazy about the yoga on the wii fit either. The only yoga in video form that I have found that I like is on My Fitness Coach if anyone has that one. That is pretty close to the real thing-how you really do it in a class.

I like the Gold's gym video too-great work out. And whoever said the original sports video isn't good exercise-I don't know what you are doing on there but there are certainly some things you can do that are good exercise-tennis and boxing in particular. When I've played tennis on there I have been all over the living room-maybe I'm just a terrible tennis player But the boxing is a workout too-especially if you can get someone to play with you. There are also training exercises you can do and some of those are good workouts too.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #37  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladadog View Post
I would love to hear from folks who have the "Fit Plus" how it is different from the original "fit". I know it lets you build routines, which would be very nice, but how different is the selection of options. Are the yoga and strength sections basically the same? Are the aerobic and balance games the same? Similar? All new?
The Fit Plus has a few different activities on it, one in particular is an obstacle course that will KILL your legs lol and get your heart racing pretty quickly. They have king fu which is also good, and a marching band which doesn't sound like much but you are basically doing step and using both arms to throw a baton. It also unlocks some of the regular fit advanced courses. I like doing Free step where you can do the step at your pace for about 30 minutes or so. I usually get in a little over 3,000 steps that way. I really like it.
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #38  
Shifty Werewolf

oh my!

Every night around dinner time I have a small glass of red wine (4 or 5 oz, max). This is a new habit for me, part of my new healthy lifestyle.

So tonight I had some wine while listening to the news. Then I did the dishes and broke out the Wii.

oh my. I certainly don't feel like the wine had any effect on me however the balance game I love, where you make the balls fall through the holes... i couldn't finish even the beginner level and the advanced. Oh dear. So I switched over to "step" and scored the highest score for me ever (and this was despite having to step around the dog who decided he needed to bug me for attention mid routine. And then I tried the hula hoop, and once again scored the highest score for me ever.

So I figure the wine ruins my balance but relaxes me enough that I don't over think the rest of the exercises. Still, I don't think I'll be Wii-ing in the early evening again. The balance games are frustrating enough as it is....

(i'm thinking I'll treat myself to Fit Plus next month if I meet my Wii goal this month.)
Old 05-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Welcome jakenamirgirl!

Tonyia- Good job on the Wii Fit Plus!

Wendi- If I saw WiiFit Plus on someone's registry, I'd totally get it for them!!

Vlada- I had to start all mine over a few months ago when my ex got custody of our Wii, lol. I got a new one and wasn't even thinking that I'd have to do everything over again.

burgundyrayne- Good job! 4 days in and you have 170/500 minutes!!

petra65- I agree about sports. Boxing makes me sweat!

I had a really bad start to month. So far I've only gotten 30 minutes in on Cardio Boxing. But I'm not worried, I'll make it up. In fact, I'm going to go work out right now!
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #40  

30 Minutes Wii Fit
25 Minutes Daisy Fuentes Pilates

My reviews for the two games I posted about renting:

Daisy Fuentes Pilates: The moves are good, but the game itself is not. There is too much stopping and pushing buttons, it's hard to ever line up the exact way it wants you to. There's nothing that gives this game a benefit over a DVD. I love Pilates, I would rather just watch an exercise DVD. Not worth the money! Glad I just rented it and didn't buy it. I did a 25 minute workout on it anyway, but am sending it back tomorrow.

Yoga: The First 100% Experience: AWFUL! I didn't last 5 minutes with this stupid thing. There's a "story mode" where you can learn all about yoga supposedly...what a waste. The only thing good are the soothing backdrops & other graphics. Again, would be a huge waste of money. Glad I didn't buy it like I wanted to when it came out.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 240/240/220

Height: 5'4

I'd like to get in on this. I was using my Wii to workout pretty often. I use Wii Fit and have started using Just Dance as well. I'm going to set my goal at 500 minutes. I just like the number 500 so there is no real reason for chosing that number.

Today I managed to crank out 49 minutes on Wii Fit+ so here's to hoping I can keep it going!
highflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #42  

Welcome & good job highflyer!
Old 05-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 240/240/220

Height: 5'4

I did another 48 minutes today! How is everyone else doing?
highflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #44  

Whoo hoo! You're doing good!

I'm annoyed with myself. First the mailman didn't take my gamefly games today (returns) so I went to drop them off at a post office box, and didn't realize until AFTER I put the games in, that the box I put them in only gets picked up at 6pm. This was around 8pm. The games won't get picked up until tomorrow night, so they won't get back to gamefly until Monday probably, so I won't get a new game until Wednesday most likely. Boooo. I really want to try this Just Dance everyone is talking about! I was actually tempted to go to Blockbuster to rent it, but they're rental charges are CRAZY. $8 for 5 days?? Are you kidding me? I'll wait for gamefly to send it to me.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 223/204/160

I'm joining in the challenge too.
from todays date till the end of the month I'm going to aim for 750minutes (or roughly 30 minutes a day).

Today i pulled my wii fit out (has been a while) and did a 30min routine of yoga and strength training plus one round of 'perfect 10'. My legs were pretty tired at this point (lol - a little out of shape).

Are we to be posting our progress daily? weekly? whenever? Thanks ^_^
hhaffner is offline   Reply With Quote