Old 04-12-2010, 05:32 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Memorial Day Challenge 2010~Week 2

Week 2 is here if you can all believe it.

Week 1: 142
Week 2: 140

I didn't fare very well at the potluck yesterday. today is a new day. I'm not too worried about it. I was sick last week and getting better is coming first this time.

Looking at my journal I have been averaging about 1600- 1700 cals per day. I really am suprised by this especially since this is a working weekend and my cals are usually easier to control when I work. (and Ive been thinking I was eating 1200 .)

So today I am going to really getting it under control. I am going to cut out 200 cals per day and see how my body reacts to that.

W 64 oz
E no workout tonight. I'm still trying to work out the details of makenna's class with my workouts.
E 1400 cals
D stick to 1400 cals. Try to figure out a way to get 30 minutes of workouts in.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all.

W 100 oz
E maybe an easy walk at lunch, back is still killing me.
E OP, if I am not doing much exercise, will have to be extra careful
D Wicked busy day, just breathe!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:41 AM   #3  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

hey guys i missed ya ive been so lost and off track.. well im on today i will weigh in in the morning.. I feel good and am ready to start i wanna get a jump start before the summer starts. sorry ive been m.i.a. between family issues and personal issues ive been a mess.. Cant wait to get back in the grove im determined to get rid of this weight its holding me back seriously..
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:59 AM   #4  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

I am determined today as I was horrible all weekend.

Week 1: 165.5
Week 2: 164

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - Metabolism DVD
E - 1200-1400 calories
D - get winter sweaters packed up from laundry area

Hope everyone has good WEED today.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #5  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Monday Everyone . . . Last week I was extra careful because of the weight I had gained at my daughter's house. I wanted to make sure I was under my ticker weight today and I was. I got to change my ticker and add a dancer to my signature line. I went to a baby shower on Saturday and even treated myself to a piece of the amazing cake (key lime and lemon). This morning I got up and went to the Y for a strength training class. It was pretty good - I lasted the whole class (45 minutes). Tonight it's back to Zumba. I hope to be in the 230's by next Monday.

Week 1: 247.4
Week 2: 241.2

W: At least 48 ounces of water
E: Minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week
E: Calories within 1400-1600
D: Work on my grandson's scrapbook and continue organizing my craft room (it's a never ending project).
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies -

No weigh in for me today, it's TOM so there's really no point Didn't do the greatest over the weekend, let some sweaty yard work turn into an excuse to eat more (you know cause I burned calories...stupid girl). Hope everyone had a great weekend - it was sure beautiful here!

Tiara - glad to see you back!

Popcorn & Kris - congrats on the losses!

W - 64+
E - walk with the boys, cleaning
E - have a light dinner b/c lunch (although healthy) was quite large
D - pick another 'to do' and finish it
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:39 PM   #7  
Ashley

S/C/G: 175/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Weighins on Fri mornings
Week 1: 167
Week 2:

W: 64 oz water
E: To wrkout out 2x's a day 5x's a wk
E: Keep the calorie shifting @ the cals its recommended that day of below
D: Finish a chap in a book I'm readin

Last edited by jmfan317; 04-12-2010 at 02:40 PM.
jmfan317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #8  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

sw 255.2.. wow can i gain weight or wat..
gw 240

w 64 plus drink some of diet tea..
e wii fit plus
e 1200 calorie /1st plase of sb
d wash my laundry yes all 4 loads...

it feels good to be back...
Old 04-12-2010, 07:57 PM   #9  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Week 1- 178.6
Week2- 175.8 That looks pretty, huh??

I REALLY want to see the 173's this month. Bring it on.

I can't remember the name of the website that sells the Gruve. If you search for it though it comes right up. It is fun to keep track on. Today I have burned 650 cals so far and I should eat 1580. Still need to eat some more. Getting in the exercise is no problem, maybe I've needed more food all along.

Last edited by mtiger; 04-12-2010 at 08:00 PM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #10  
Calorie Counter

Tiara~~~ welcome back. Ive missed you. I've gained too. Its driving me nuts but I will keep on working toward my goal.

Everyone else~glad to see you here on week 2. I will post more personals in the morning.

I'm doing good on my food today. YAY. I've eaten what Ive planned. and I think Ive come in under my calorie goal. YAY again.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:24 AM   #11  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

thanks jeni i missed you all too.. How was your disneyland trip ? I think i was mia when you went....

okay day 1 is offically over and i passed it with flying colors now i just have the rest of my life to go .... no problem piece of cake or should i say a 100 calorie pack...
Old 04-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/187/150

Height: 5'6"

up and down week, need to refocus this week

Starting Weight: 153
Week 2 151.5
Starting BF ~28.1 (scale)
Week 2 27.6
Goal for challenge: 147, BF ~25%

W - much better, goal of 64 ounces/day this week

E - continue tri training, 4-6 workouts, minimum 1 swim, 1 bike, 1 run, and 1 weight training day (p90x). Latest one mile run trial- 10 minutes! SLOWLY getting faster

E - keep logging the food diary. ave cals in were 1570 for the week with goal of 1500, all my calorie, carbs, fat, protein numbers were within 20% of goals. Need to work on cutting down fats a little more and bumping up carbs.

D - stop viewing dessert as a treat deserved after a long day
lobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:14 AM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Tiara~my trip was amazing, thanks for asking. You did awsome yesterday keep up the good work.

Lobon~great run. Your still losing with your average calorie intake, so I would stick to that for now.

Mindy~looking awsome. That Gruve is really working for you! Keep it up!

Mjluva~how long are your workouts? what do you usually do?

Emily~ Is your DH back to normal hours yet? wasn't he just gone for a while?

Kris~that is an AWSOME loss congrats!!! Is Zumba getting easier? our instructor here is amazing, the class is just not at a good time for me.

Popcorn~pick yourself up and dust yourself off. You'll get back in the swing of things!

MM~Take care of yourself. Get your back into shape and do some small exercises for the time you would be walking just to keep in the habit.

Todays plan for me is

W~ 80 oz. I haven't had enough water over the last couple of days and I can feel it.

E~ I'm so ready for it. I haven't worked out in 4 days. I feel back to normal again so I should be able to get in a great workout. I may even try for 2 today my plan is to push it! 35 minutes interval, 10 minutes row, 15 minutes strength. If I go for a second workout it will be 30 minutes elliptical.

E~I need to plan out my food carefully because I need to get in enough carbs and protein after my workout, but I cant over do it. I'm going to shoot for 1400 cals.

D~I am going to do some house work and laundry. I am going to keep moving.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #14  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Jeni ~ Thank you. Last night was my second night of Zumba. I still like it, but it was hard and wasn't really any easier to follow, but I am not that impressed with the instructor. She messes up the moves and/or forgets them often so that doesn't help when you are new and trying to follow her. She spent so much of last night saying "just continue to...." while she messed with putting her hair up, tied her shoes over and over and kept pulling her sweatpant legs up. But, from some of the things she was saying on Thursday night I think she has maybe been out sick or something for a while. Yesterday morning I did a strength training class (which kicked my butt, but the instructor was great) and tonight I'm gonna do a Yoga class. I missed the morning class today (Bootcamp), cause I just needed to sleep. I think the Zumba class I'm gonna do tomorrow night is with a different instructor. I 'm trying to get the most out of my free 14 days. I really hope I am into the 30's by next week.

Everyone keep up the good work!
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Kris, my cardio sculpt instructor forgets thingstoo but her energy makes up for it. most of the time you only know she forgot something because she says, well that was it. . . .Then we continue. Ive been doing the class for just over a year. She adds new songs about every 2 weeks or so. But she is great for explaining moves that we do. (Ive only done zumba 2 times, it was really hard for me to follow). Keep up the good work, it will pay off!

I got in my workout, but I changed it a bit. The treadmills were full so I hopped on the elliptical. I did 35 minutes /3.6 miles. When I was done there was a treadmill open and since I really needed to run I did 25 minutes interval 2.25 miles. It felt so good to run. I can really tell that my energy is finally back up. If I make it back tonight I will need to get in some strength training so I will run a mile, then strength train. (If I make it back)

Oh and if I'm not careful I can really get back into 60 minutes of straight cardio and skip the weights. I LOVE the energy!!!

Last edited by jcatron243; 04-13-2010 at 01:15 PM.