Old 04-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

maddiesmom - mygrits is probably our expert on spouse related stuff but I seem to have a fair amount of luck getting my bf (trim and relatively athletic but not committed to regular exercise) to do stuff with me. For example, we're planning our first hike of the season on Sunday and sometimes I can convince him to walk to a restaurant for our dates or go for a rollerblade on weekend mornings. Would any of those work for you guys? A family hike or skate with Maddie?

My construction guys are making huge progress on my new fence outside (so fun!) and I'm having a truckload of dirt delivered in the next hour to help fill in the sunken corner of my yard so that I can start planting flowers, etc. Getting excited for spring and luckily gardening is pretty good exercise!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #17  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

My gosh I just posted on the other thread in agreement to go back to 3FC and you guys have been over here on page 4!!!!!!!!!!! LOL..........good grief!! I will read up and post more.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #18  
Sandy....

Whew......caught up on posts now! LOL........Well, first and foremost love the new avatars Maddiesmom and Burgund. Both of you look great and I can't believe how fantastic you both are doing at losing it! Congratulations!

Maddiemoms Dance had great advice. I think some husbands freak at the word 'exercise' so I merely ask him if he wants to go for a bike ride. I don't go a large distance because I want it enjoyable and don't want to make it a workout (at first). Over time we just go farther. Another thing is to go for a swim, or for a long walk at the beach or park. See if he would want to go with you and Maddie to a park. That can be great exercise. I think slow progression is the best, so he realizes he can do more and it feels good to "get moving."

Neesy, how soon do you leave? Any more news from Korea?

Dance I love spring and gardening too. I am starting at my parents house next week and then hopefully will do some work around my own the week after. I have to work quickly because in Florida it gets HOT by May 1st!!

Well, I am glad we are back on the 3FC. I was starting to miss it and all the conversations since the other girls jumped shipped and now seem to be permanently AWOL....LOL. I wish them the best though.

My plan sucks, however foods are good. Next week starts my 3 days off a week, so I am really hoping that helps. Maddiesmom my heel has been really really bad the last week. I don't have any idea why though. It just comes and goes on it's own.........very weird. Anyway, tomorrow is my bike ride and weights. My son and his wife are moving out Saturday into their home, so then the home renovations start with wall painting, carpet cleaning, etc.. over the next months, so that will help with calorie burning too. It GONNA COME OFF, DANG IT!!

Bye for now.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #19  
Sandy....

Whew......caught up on posts now! LOL........Well, first and foremost love the new avatars Maddiesmom and Burgund. Both of you look great and I can't believe how fantastic you both are doing at losing it! Congratulations!

Maddiemoms Dance had great advice. I think some husbands freak at the word 'exercise' so I merely ask him if he wants to go for a bike ride. I don't go a large distance because I want it enjoyable and don't want to make it a workout (at first). Over time we just go farther. Another thing is to go for a swim, or for a long walk at the beach or park. See if he would want to go with you and Maddie to a park. That can be great exercise. I think slow progression is the best, so he realizes he can do more and it feels good to "get moving."

Neesy, how soon do you leave? Any more news from Korea?

Dance I love spring and gardening too. I am starting at my parents house next week and then hopefully will do some work around my own the week after. I have to work quickly because in Florida it gets HOT by May 1st!!

Well, I am glad we are back on the 3FC. I was starting to miss it and all the conversations since the other girls jumped shipped and now seem to be permanently AWOL....LOL. I wish them the best though.

My plan sucks, however foods are good. Next week starts my 3 days off a week, so I am really hoping that helps. Maddiesmom my heel has been really really bad the last week. I don't have any idea why though. It just comes and goes on it's own.........very weird. Anyway, tomorrow is my bike ride and weights. My son and his wife are moving out Saturday into their home, so then the home renovations start with wall painting, carpet cleaning, etc.. over the next months, so that will help with calorie burning too. It GONNA COME OFF, DANG IT!!

Bye for now.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #20  

mygrits - so sorry that your heel isn't cooperating. Such a bummer. I love the idea of getting your house all fixed up - I think having everything the way you like it helps you stick to whatever your personal goals are. And all that moving stuff around is definitely good exercise!

It's fun to have our tickers again - I had forgotten where everyone had started their journeys from and it's especially impressive to see that info after being away from it for a while. Hope the other gals come back and find us when it's the right time for them.

So I ended up moving dirt for hours today and I'm so wiped out, I don't think I have the energy to run so I think I'm going to count dirt-moving as my cardio for today and try for a run tomorrow.

Hope you all are doing well!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls. I dont have time to comment on everyones posts and will try to do it tomorrow. I didnt do so well being on plan today but will be better tomorrow. Ended up having to go keep the boys at 4 instead of 9 yesterday until 2 today and going back in half an hour til about 11 tomorrow morning. Then I have a funeral to go to. My husbands great aunt has been battling cancer for over a year and lost her battle Tuesday morning.

Talk to you all soon.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #22  

burgundy - hang in there, sweetie. so sorry to hear about your hubby's aunt - that must be sad for all of you.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #23  
Sandy....

Burgund I too am sorry to here about your husbands Aunt. Atleast she is at peace and out of any suffering or pain.

Well yesterday was 'off the radar' on doing good with food. I ate last night - tator tots of all things and I DON'T really like them???? Go figure.....LOL

Well today is back to work......ugh. The bright side is my daughter is coming in today for a birthday surprise for me. She is so awesome. I don't know what she has planned, but will let you know! My daughter-in-law kidnapped me yesterday and took me to get a manicure, pedicure and out-to-lunch. I am definitely being spoiled this year. I was so kind of her to do all of that.

Well, I will check in sometime over the weekend. I have to work and with Alina here, I am not sure how much time I will have on here.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #24  

Gonna get caught up on everyones posts now.

Dance-thanks for the compliments. So glad we have all stuck together so long. Me and my sister tried a belly dancing dvd one time, that was funny. I have no rhythm.

Maddiesmom-You can totally tell a difference in those pics, you look great. I dont really like having to go over there at night buts its not too bad. I do sleep on their couch when both parents are gone upstairs. If their mom is at home and leaving for work at 4 am I sleep in the spare bedroom in the basement. I never really sleep well over there though. The 3 yr old got up for an hour last night(midnight to 1) then the 6 yr old got up and turned his bedroom light on(which he shares with his brother) so I had to hurry in there and turn the light off. He was picking out his school clothes, lol. How are you feeling today? Better, I hope. 8 lbs and 7 inches since January, you are amazing. So sorry to hear about your friend. Congrats to Matt on losing the 15 lbs. I cant get Chris to even step on the scale.

Neesy-I was plateauing for a while there too. In November I was 204 and didnt lose but a few lbs in months, now these last few weeks I am losing again. It will happen for you too. I cant do low carb either, I did a few years a go for about 6 months and just cant bring myself to do it again.

Sandy-I have to get my hubby back on his bike. He cant do long or even short walks, he has plantar faciitis in his feet. Getting your house just how you want it will definitely help with the calorie burning.

Thanks Dance and Mygrits. I really didnt know his great aunt very well. Cancer runs in his family and really scares me. He hates drs too but needs to start getting checked out soon.

I got on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see 193, so I am FINALLY at my halfway mark, yay!!! I know I'm not gonna make it to 20 miles this week but its been an odd week so its ok. I will try harder next week.

I am so glad to be home tonight, dont have any plans, just gonna lay around and watch some tv. I will probably pull out the wii fit later, havent done that all week.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #25  

Good Morning Ladies. Who's with me for 2 or 3miles today? I have only been 8 this week, want to at least get to 10.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #26  

burgundy - congrats for 193 and halfway - you rock! I did my miles in digging today (sort of) - two hours of major yard work should count for a few miles, right?

We're headed to Boulder to spend a night (using hotel points) at the Marriott there for our 7 year anniversary (of our first date). We'll do a little window shopping then walk to dinner and are planning on our first hike of the season tomorrow. Those long hikes last year really helped me lose last summer so I hope I get the same effect again this year.

Whats everyone else up to this weekend?

Mygrits - check out one of my early posts in this thread when I was talking about a visit to Deland in two weeks - do you think we could make something work on my way back from Daytona to Orlando? Sounds like that would just about head through your town.

I'll be MIA until tomorrow evening - hope you all are doing well.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/seeticker/130

hello ladies! don't mean to barge in but was wondering if i could join your little group? seems like something that may help me to have a little support group where everyone knows each other.

i am recently joining 3fc
i have been cutting calories for the past week now.
well trying, i did just have 2 stays in the hospital with my mom and then my daughter 2 days later. all is ok now and i go back to work on monday.

i have little time to myself as i take care of my girls when i am home after work, my husband works 3rd shift so he is sleeping at that time, i wake him up at 9pm he goes to work i go to bed, get up in the morning get girls to school and then go right to work till 5 pm and back home again to do home work, get supper done, and baths done before bed at 7:30 pm, then i just want to sit and relax. but i know i have to start working out some here at home some how. i just dont' know what to do or how to get started.

so for now i have been eating 1200 calories or less a day, and started jillian michaels 30 day shred. did level one on friday and my legs still hurt to walk, bend or climb the stairs.
did lots of cleaning in the house today, packing up boxes for a rummage sale and some in the garbage. but will need to push thru a work out with jillina again, it's only 20 min right, so i can do that.

sorry i ramble on and do not even know if you want to get to know a new person.
i read thru your posts and it's nice that you guys know each other.
well, till later
thanks for reading
momof2kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #28  

Where is everyone??

Dance-thanks, I was really excited to make it halfway, its taken a LONG time. Yea digging counts, thats a good workout. Have fun in Boulder.

Momof2-of course you can join, just jump right in with us. Sounds like you are ready to make a change. Glad to hear everything is ok with your mom and daughter. You have a very busy schedule, what time do you go to bed? After your kids go to bed you can take that 20 minutes to do 30ds. I did it for 30 days straight, didnt lose a lot of lbs, but lost tons of inches. I should pull it back out and try again.

Got my 2 miles in yesterday so that was only 10 miles this week. Oh well, starting over today, a new week and more miles. Gonna walk with my SIL later. First I am going to help my friend clean up her spare room to make a nursery, shes 6 months pregnant with her second child, her daughter is 13 so she is basically having to start over. I'll check in later.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/seeticker/130

burgundyrayne: thanks!!

i will work on the 30 day shred to get exercise in and try to get back into my tae bo, it's good tough work out as well and i think i burn more calories doing that one.

the only time i can exercise a good work out anyway is after the girls go to bed i have about an hour and half before i wake up the hubby and go to bed. so i will have to get it all in then. working on that too. just not motivated at that time of night to do anything and again no one here to push me to do it. but i have to make this time count. i told my self i would neve weigh 200 lbs since i did not get that heavy even pregnant. but i am now 200 lbs and need to get it down NOW before it goes up anymore.
momof2kz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #30  

momof2-you will get there, you just have to make that time for yourself, even when you dont want to, thats just more reason to push yourself to do it. We can help keep you accountable here. Most days some of us here walk or run and do it together. If you dont have the time to walk or run you can still join us and do 30ds or tae bo.

Today is the start of my walking week, went 3 miles today. Got started on my friends nursery, she has a lot of stuff but we have tons of stuff to take to the thrift store. Got some exercise doing that, moving boxes.

Where is everyone this weekend? Miss you all.