Old 04-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Pat - Congrats on your NSV! I'm so proud of you, and I can't wait to be in your shoes. A size 12 is AMAZING!

Beauty - Bike riding is TOUGH! I have one...and I know how you feel. I'm glad your sticking with it even though its uncomfortable and hard! You will be breezing through both of those hills before too long!

Tessa - on your job. TVA is a big deal around here.....big time $$$ if you can get on there!

Ugh so not good news to report for me. I have been feeling quite depressed about my situation. As I said before, I was at my mom and dad's house with my husband and my daughter. I saw this picture my husband snapped of me. I was mortified. I don't feel like I'm this big or like I look like this. I guess that is why it is so hard for me to lose weight because I don't feel that big. BUT when I saw this picture I just wanted to die. I look so huge! I look so uncomfortable. I'm not happy like this. I barely fit in this chair. Just look at all the fat and fat rolls on my back...not to mention that huge belly sitting in my lap.

I know another reason that its so hard for me to lose weight is because it takes so long to see results. I have got to stop weighing every week. I have got to just focus on eating healthy and moving more. I know what I need to do, and I'm positive I can do it. I'm going to start blogging. I want my first goal to just be stick to something for 6 weeks. I want to eat healthy. I'm not going to deprive myself, but I'm going to learn some self control. Well....here I go again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0164 (Medium).jpg (38.1 KB, 13 views)
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #47  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Oh Mel, I promise I don't think most people like the way they look in pictures, and I especially hate how I look in pictures sitting down, all of my fat scrunches up and makes even more rolls. So you aren't alone on really disliking your picture.

I've only recently started liking any pictures I take, but I've got a specific pose that I like: slight body twisted, all weight resting on the leg that's in the back (because of the twist) and I tilt my head down a little and out (to reduce my chins). If I can manage to stand upright and smile during that whole process I every once in a while get a picture that I think "well, it's not too horrible."

I've also gotten rid of most of my T-shirts mostly because I've decided they don't do me any favors. I've got a couple that fit just perfect and I feel confident in, the rest I've ditched. Mostly I now wear blouses, they have shape, and even though I look overdressed most of the time I still look my best.

So I'm working hard to stay awake tonight so that I could get my sleep schedule all straightened out for working nights next week. It's super hard to stay awake though, I'm sooooooo sleepy. It's pretty lame that when I know I've got to get up in the morning and go to work I have a tough time sleeping, but now that I need to change my schedule around to work nights I can't manage to stay awake. Bleh. I've been up stirring around spring cleaning my house. It's looking bright and shiny.

Take care everyone- don't forget tomorrow is WI day!
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Thank you everyone for your support. Couldn't do it without you all!!!!

I went for a 35 minute hike/walk along the Erie Canal. At sun set we were at Sun Set Point. Watching the sun go down over the Wabash River. It was oh so beautiful. Then as darkness fell we walked back to the cars. It was an awesome walk.
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #49  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Ladies.

Dixie - I am so proud of your. You go girl!

I got majorly sidetracked by last week. I knew it was going to be hard, cause I had three birthday meals and a wedding, but what really threw me was getting a stomach bug, so when I was able to plan my own food, I couldn't keep anything down and exercise was a killer.

I was finally starting to feel better and was really committed to making up that exercise I missed when.... I broke a toe!

So, no push ups, no running, walking is an exercise in furstration cause I limp, and if I am on my feet to long, the toe, which is currently that wonderful purple-y-pink color that really screams "I am injured!," swells like a puffer fish!

I am so not having a good week.

Last edited by knobhdy; 04-21-2010 at 10:10 AM.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #50  

knobhdy~~~oh no!!!! hun not a broken toe!!!! Can you tape 2 toes together for support til the toe heals?? Broken toes, broken foot is pain. Hugs to you, sorry to hear this happened. Im getting over my blisters, they hurt bad enough. Hurry and get well.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #51  

Man knohbody, what a rough week. Just take care of yourself and eat the best you can. Your weightloss will be here still whenever you heal up

I've not been hiding, but I've been working loooooong hours at night at work. We're shorthanded so I've been working in the field following a thermo crew that puts the paint lines on the interstate. Not exactly my favorite thing, but always got to pitch in.

I've lost a little this week, down to 218.5, but I've still not gotten on the roll I'd like to be on. I'm going to really look at how I've been eating and I've not been recording everything. I'm thinking about going back to a notebook instead of using the internet. I just haven't gotten it sorted out yet. I think the challenge of this for me is that I'm finally comfortable, and I've not really been smaller than this. So... I've got to find my committment.

So maybe to make this more real to me... DH and I want to ttc next spring. So a year from now I could be down 50 lbs. That would be- 168.5 a very healthy weight for a pregnancy. So I think I'll aim for that. 170 by 2011!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #52  
Cute and fun to be with

Oh man!

In the vein of "lets kick her while she is down," I just found out that the resort I had booked for my May vacation (The first with my sweetie of 11 years) is not open yet and will not be open til the middle of June due to winter storm damage.

So... vacation canceled, time off transferred to next year.

On the bright side, not only will I be in Onderland by my big vacation, I will be not overweight. I have a year, now. Even if I am not at goal, in a year I can lose 62 pounds, to bring me to normal weight for my height. I know I can.

Last edited by knobhdy; 04-21-2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #53  

well we've all had it pretty rough recently huh? so my update, I've spent all weekend on the road again (about 12 hours total). No loss no gain this week. Grrr... I don't know what's going on with me. I know why the weight loss isn't working, because I'm not eating 100% on plan. I'm on day 2 of back on plan. Yesterday went great. My run was awesome, I'm getting faster and able to run longer and longer. It's really exciting.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #54  

Doing good. I just finished a 6 mile 2 hour walk to the library. Thats round trip. Its a beautiful day though nippy. I will brave the scale goddess tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #55  

On plan yesterday, 1587 calories! Yay! I will repeat today! I didn't get a run in yesterday, but I did do some house cleaning for 40 mins or so... so at least some activity, just not what I wanted due to the rain.

My boss and I are supposed to run this afternoon, and if my yard will dry out I will finish mowing it.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:33 AM   #56  
Cute and fun to be with

Well for all the suck I have had the last couple of weeks, I did make my April loss goal. I did not surpass it though, so I probably won't make it to Onederland by Memorial day. Still I am losing slowly but surly.

And next week I get to go back to running.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #57  

Yay for running! And yay for making your goal knobhdy! I've not made any goals- I'm still around 218-219, but I have some wonderful news. The job I interviewed with TVA I got it! I'm moving to TN in 4-6 weeks!!!!

I'm sooooo excited. I'm hoping that this pulls me out of the down/depression I've been fighting off for the last few months. This afternoon my actual apetite came back and I stopped eating my on plan dinner because I was actually full. I think I've been only going through the motions. At least I've not been gaining...
Old 04-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #58  

my weigh in for the end of the month is 155. The scale goddess gets 2 red ripe tomatoes for this one. I have hiked and walked my butt off. Gained a pound for my effort. My DD says its muscle gain not weight gain. I hope she is right. Im upset about it. I have a hike lined up for this afternoon. I don't plan to give up my hiking. When I connect the rest of the trail today. My next goal is to walk the whole 12 mile trail. Im so excited. But rain for the next 4 days backs my schedule off. I found a new place to hike yesterday. DD and I did that trail yesterday. I got stuck on a hill. Couldn't go up any farther and had a duce of a time getting back down to flat ground. It was hysterical. I figured my way down, didn't fall. Got dirty knees but no harm :-). I will def do it again.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:05 AM   #59  
Cute and fun to be with

Quiet, quiet, here.

The end of April was cruel to me, although I made my challenge goal for April, I also got my menses and that drove my weight right back up for May 1.

I am on exercise hiatus for another week as well, because of my toe, but Sunday I expect to be back at it, if only walking. But I would like to start running again as soon as possible.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #60  

Hi there. It is quiet. I hope everyone is holding on. I'm still what I would consider maintaining... I guess with everything going on, even if I'm on plan I'm not really loosing weight currently. I saw 218 again this monday morning. A little frustrating, but I'm planning that once I get settled into a new place in TN and am not on the road every weekend things will settle into normalcy. The good news for me is that my new employer has a gym in the building that I can go to after work. And the new neighborhood we're moving into looks like it will be safe to run in as well.

All the running I've been doing has been helping my shape. My 16's are baggy and all the 14's are comfortable instead of tight, just hate that the weight isn't moving along with it. Has to go eventually... it's not feasible to be a size 10 and over 200 lbs. (At least I'm going to keep telling myself that).