Old 02-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 230/224/140

Height: 5'7''

I'm joining! I'm K and I'm 25. I'm married with a toddler. (19 months) I haven't weighed in since Valentine's but I'll weigh tomorrow morning. My husband and I are going for a special night out just the two of us and staying at a hotel in 16 days so I'd like to lose some weight by then so I have to kick my butt into gear! Plus I have an appointment with my gyn on March 12 and I weigh more than what I weighed last year which was about 8 months after having my son I'm going to cry.

W - Limit diet sodas to 1-2 a day, drink mostly water and crystal light since that's what we drink at home

E - Start going to the gym again, I haven't been in 2 weeks. I need to go at least 3 times a week but I'm going to aim for 4. I want to do 30 minutes of cardio and some weights too.

E - I'm not a big dieter, I do better with portion control so I need to start writing down what I eat or just stop all snacking after 7 pm unless it's a piece of fruit.

D - Pick up 10 minutes every night before I go to bed to save myself the hassle of seeing toys on the floor when I come home from work each day. I could easily do this when my son goes to bed at 7.
kd1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #32  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Ugh! I'm miserably sick! Swollen sore throat, cough, runny nose, couldn't get my contacts in...I feel gross. But I'm at work, I have waaaay too much to do this week, unfortunately.

W-easy enough today, I've been drinking tea and water like crazy
E-I'm trying to decide if I should push myself to exercise today.
E-Not really hungry at all, so I'm thinking I'll easily stay within my calorie range.
D-I am going to try to write two articles and lay out a page by the end of today at work. I can do it!

What are your opinions on working out when sick? Should I just suck it up and push through?
pokeycactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #33  

Height: 5'3"

Pokey - we must be suffering from the same thing, I'm praying this sinus headache goes away soon! Hope you feel better

K - Welcome! I hate my gyn appts cause I haven't lost the baby weight from either of my children so I always dread telling them my weight.

Today not eh best eating day, too many sweets to little of anything good for me. Definitely a 'what the ****' day for me, now of course wallowing in regret. Not feeling good doesn't help, just makes me lazy and want to eat bad stuff.

W - 64+ (have had about 1/2 of that today)
E - meet calorie burn goals
E - plan out tomorrow and stick to it
D - find something good about today
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #34  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I am not new to the forums... but i am new to this section. I have not heard of the WEED challenges before and i am ready to take them head on! I am Nicole, 29 from Richmond, VA. Married with a dog child.

April 5th... a little over a month away. Weighing in today at 190.8 (also the first day of my period).

W - Water intake. At least 64 oz per day.

E - Exercise. - 6 Days a week at the gym. Wednesday is a rest day. 3 of those days are for running and training for the 10K i have scheduled on March 27th. the remaining days are for other cardio and strength. Especially upper body strength of which i have none.

E - Eats. - Calorie counting and sugar reduction. I had a scare with my cholesterol about 3 weeks ago it was at 304. I am trying so hard to get it down with diet. Especially triglycerides (which were 420). 1600 - 1800 calories daily.

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. - Daily goal is to keep a more positive attitude. Also to try to reduce the clutter in my home to promote a healthier place to be.
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:56 PM   #35  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Dab~It took me 3.5 years to get control of him, I hope you get in you workout tonight.

allchic

Farn~great job and great weight loss!

K Portion control is a great way to eat!

Pokey~take care of yourself. Rest.

Emily~ take care of yourself.

Nicole~ I'm a runner too but have yet to run a 10k. My closest was an feb 6, I ran 5.5 miles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today was an ok day, everything went well for me. I got in my 35 minutes of workout. 2.9 miles. It was slow and steady. I am happy that I have been getting in my after work workouts, 2 long weeks in a row. I am off the next 5 days I should get in plenty of good workouts!.

Tme for a shower and bed.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #36  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

my first post of the challenge....

week 1: 177.7

i am Rina, 26, living with my boyfriend of 4 years and we have a 2y/o daughter together. i am a full time medical assistant and babysit as a side job. i have been a member of this site for a few years now and recently lost about 30 pounds. i've gained back about 10 since christmas 2009. my main problem is pushing myself to get up and exercise and sometimes cutting myself too much slack as a way to justify not exercising. (funny how i am so hard on myself in other areas of my life). i maily walk on the treadmill but i love to jog also. unfortunately my knees hae a hard time with it. i wear knee braces though so that helps. i signed up for a marathon walk that is happening in April so i'm trying to get ready for that as well.

w: at least 4 water bottles a day (i refill them from the cooler at work)

e: 30-40 min on treadmill at variuos inclines and speeds; i try to get in 10 min of jogging per session

e: healthy, normal portion sizes, limited sweets and no eating past 7pm

d: think of the goal; summer is just around the corner; diabetes runs in the family (kind of random thoughts i know but it works for me)

wow............i cant wait to get my income tax check so i can get some glasses... my eyes are killing me!

have a great day tomorrow ladies and will post again soon.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:13 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'6"

Almost stayed on goal yesterday. I drank 5 cups of water- not just four....Yeah me! My goal for water today is a minimum of 5 cups! I didn't get in any type of exersize, so my goal for that remains the same. Eating today my goal is just to watch what I eat as I have woken up STARVING and these are the days I have to be careful on my food choices. Today my goal is to THINK positive about ME! Actually, I love this WEED idea- I"m excited about this sharing with everyone daily, like really excited! lol

This morning my scale said 139.8 but I won't post that as my official weight yet until I see if it stays there or not for another day or two lol. My luck, it's just fluctuating in my extreme favour for once, but then again, the scale was stuck for the longest time, so maybe it's catching up???? Can that really happen????

Good luck today everyone!!
Crystalx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #38  
Calorie Counter

One~Good morning!

Crystal~great job on the water! My scale will drop in whooshes. I stay the same for a long time then whoosh about 5 pounds goes, then it stays the same, then whoosh, 5 more pounds. It stinks, but It helps me to know that as long as I stay on track I will lose eventually.

The scale was at my all time low this morning!! 134.8 what does that mean to me~mid cycle weight gain and hunger will start tomorrow. (maybe today). I have accepted it as a part of my life and I will deal with it.

Im off work today, going with DH to a doc appt. I decided against working out at 5am today because I was just too sleepy and worn out to get in a good workout. I will go this afternoon after the appointment and before I get the kids from school/daycare.

W 80 oz
E 35 cardio/20 weights/10 cardio
E 1400 cals.
D I need to go to the farm stand for some good fruit and veggies. Clean out my fridge and decide on 3 weeks worth of dinner so I can stock it accordingly. (For my new friends~I'm going on vacation in 3 weeks and do not want anything in my fridge when we go)
Old 02-18-2010, 09:20 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

Grrrr..I gained a pound from yesterday. A little upsetting since I increased my work out yesterday, I thought for sure I was going to lose a pound. Oh well, will not let it get me down! Maybe my scale is just being a little brat!

Have a good day!! Off to take two exams! (oh what fun....)
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #40  
Hard Working Chick

Good afternoon challengers.

I have gotten about 10 minutes of exercise in today. I have had tons of water and managed to stay within my eating plan. I just need to focus of getting in some activity. The weather is getting warmer so I'm ready to get active again.
Timoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:32 PM   #41  
Calorie Counter

Farn~dont get too upset about day to day changes, there are so many things that your body goes through.

Timoba~great job!

I think I am going to give my body a full day of real rest today. I seem to be needing it so I am going with it. It will be the first day I haven't either worked or worked out in a very long time. (I usually walk 8-12 miles in a day at work so even a non workout day I get in some exercise.

Off to get Mak from school
Old 02-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #42  

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies -

Doing pretty well today, still have a horrible sinus headache that dayquil can't seem to help much. Slept terribly last night so hopefully tonight I can sleep. Making pasta bolognese for dinner, I make the sauce in bulk so it's just a simple defrost and cooking up some pasta - needed something easy tonight

Jeni - Good luck with the meal planning, I can only seem to do a week at a time still, even then I'm always stopping at the grocery store for something every other day. Congrats on the weight - must feel good to see that number!

Timoba - good job sticking to it, just keep stringing those good days together

farn - I wouldn't worry about the gain, sometimes when you push harder or increase weights you'll see a gain for a day or two until your body heals and adjusts.

W - 64+ (almost there)
E - none, try and get some sleep!
E - stay on plan (even though my mom made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies)
D - get things done early tonight so we can get to bed at a reasonable time
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #43  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I work out everyday to get fit and lose weight, right?? Well I'm not losing weight and I keep injuring myself. What gives??? Pulle or strained my hamstring, so I'm taking today off. Weight is hovering around 178-179. I HATE those numbers. I am TIRED of seeing them.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:10 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 194.5/194.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Mtiger... I'm right with you! My scale hasn't moved (at least in the right direction) in a long time.

I'm really struggling with my eating this week I'm more stressed than usual and the sweets are calling my name. I almost feel like an addiction looking for a quick fix I really need a swift kick in the pants.... anyone??????
Dab52776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:49 AM   #45  
Calorie Counter

Emily~I hope that headache goes away.

Mindy~I wish I could give you some answers. Do you take any measurements? It might help you see some change. Your heart is healthier! I'm sorry about your hamstring.

Dab~Sugar is like a drug to me. Once I eat a little it all goes downhill. I consume more and more until I get sick. So I don't eat sugar. Well basic candy/chocolate. I just avoid it.

My day off was great, but by 6 I was freaking out that I should have worked out. Once I give myself a small break, I find myself losing my edge. But I am up and ready for my 2 mile run and aerobics class. The scale was back up to 136 today mid-cycle monster is here.

W 80 oz
E 2 miles/class /35 elliptical/20 weights 10 row machine
E 1400 cals or so
D I'm allowed to take a small breaK~just get back into it!