3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

W.O.W. Valentine's Day Challenge WEEK 5

Old 02-04-2010, 05:30 AM   #16
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Last night I had a great run (for after work) I'm excited to add some distance to my marathon a month!!

No workout today, We have swim lessons.

W 64 oz
E stretching and abs
E 1200 cals
D make today a great one at work!!
Old 02-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #17
Reinvent Yourself!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning girls!

Day 5 no smokie. Scale is slithering down - still up from last week but moving in right direction. Lots to do before a meeting today. POP yesterday. Hope to repeat it today!

check back later!

Hi Tig!!!!!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #18
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Kris.. congrats .. 5 days stay strong....

hello everyone im down a pound and with my tom. wow is that a shocker. lol i will check it later i gotta head to work.. later..

A YEAR FROM NOW YOU WILL LOOK BACK AND WISH YOU STARTED
TIARA
Hw 320
gw 185
pre op 309
1 wk post op 284
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #19

S/C/G: 194/194/135

Height: 5'3"

Kris - congrats on day 5!

Jeni - marathon a month sounds like a good way to gauge your overall exercise - great job!

Tiara - yay down a pound and TOM rarely go together so congrats

Doing good today, Dan's working late again and will be out tomorrow as well so I'm trying to figure out what to make for dinner that is healthy, both kids will eat it and requires little time on my part...maybe omlettes? Since we're almost to the end of this challenge I'm thinking on the the next one - for the next challenge I'm putting away the scale, I'll weigh myself at the beginning and the end (no peeking) I get too emotionally involved in the number on the scale and it makes me feel too confident, or totally crappy about myself so I'm going to remove it from the equation for a while. Hope everyone's having a great day!

W - 64+
E - 10K+ steps, 2350 on the GWF
E - 24-29 pts
D - thank goodness it's almost friday...

emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #20
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

emiloots.. thats a great idea.. i am one to go on the scale everday so one month i gave my sister my scale to hide and boy after the 2nd week i was begging for it back ..lol

jeni.. a marathon sounds very exciting are you going alone or in a group?

w 64++
e walk for an hour
e 1200
d dye my hair...hide the white..lol

TIARA
Hw 320
gw 185
pre op 309
1 wk post op 284
Old 02-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #21
Calorie Counter

Kris~awsome job!

Emily~Thats a great idea. I had DH hide the scale from me several times.

Tiara~Great job on the loss! I'm just adding up the miles I normally do to equal a marathon so far I am up to 9.5 miles. Today I will add in another 2. I will probably go over 26.8 miles a month, but I am going to do at least that many.

Scale said 137 again today I am hoping to keep it there all weekend long. We originally had our superbowl party on Sunday that I was worried about, but it has been canceled So the chance of overeating is slim to none.

W 100 oz
E 2 miles/ cardio sculpt class~35 elliptical/20 weights/10 rowmachine
E 1400 cals. avoid nonsense snacking.
D find new and exciting recipies for low cal foods.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #22
Calorie Counter

Workout #1 done. I can keep it up for 5 more weeks. I can I can I can. My aerobics instructor is going on vacation next week. She will be gone 6 classes. (for me that equals 3 classes) Her fill in will do ok, but it wont be the same.

Editing#2 workout is done. I did 4 miles on the elliptical in 35 minutes. Thats my best yet!! The row machine kicked my booty too, but it is so boring.

Oh yeah and guess what. Makenna has officially graduated from swim lessons!!!!!!! its only been what, 2.5-3 years? Well, we did take nine months off last year during school. Now she is ready for swim team!!!! OK, I don't know if she is mature enough for it, and the first pre-swim class class is when we are in disneyland. But I think we are going to do the pre-swim team class in april and see how she likes it. I was going to keep her in the next level of swim lessons until the end of march, but they are no longer offering it Its mostly for stamina building up to 200 yards, I just want her to keep on practicing.

Last edited by jcatron243 : 02-05-2010 at 12:59 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #23
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

jeni.. wow way to go..Thats awesome your daughter must be so excited..

hey everyone...
w 64++
e 1 hour work out
e 1200 calz
d food shop

TIARA
Hw 320
gw 185
pre op 309
1 wk post op 284
Old 02-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #24
Reinvent Yourself!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning ladies!

So day 6 of no smoking was a bust. I got stressed out, missing hubby cuz our company has taken off like mad and he pretty much works every day except kid weekend. Total blessing that we are doing well, but wears on the "me and you" time a lot. Anywho... found myself turning to Nicotine. Today will be cleaning up my act again.

For you girls skipping the daily scale... kudos. I cant do it. I need to see the drops daily, however unhealthy that may be on my psyche.

Jen - Yay for Mak!!!!!! Woot.... now what are you gonna sign up for? sword fighting?

So I just finished the Biggest Loser WK1 bootcamp workout. I am sweating like mad!!!! I am pretty shocked that I got off my arse at 6am on a Saturday morning and worked out! 1st time I've really done any extra in addition to my Womens bootcamp. Hoping for another free camp because I cannot afford another 200 bones!

Hello to everyone here and away. I'll check back later.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #25
Calorie Counter

Hi Tiara! Yep Mak was excited. They opened up the next level of lessons, so she is going to take the class. Then in April she will start swim team

Heading to workout!! Yesterday was mostly good but I am sore today. I'll post in a bit.

Kris you posted at the same time as me Great job on the workout!!! She really misses gymnastics and Tae Kwon Do so Starting in April we will probably start back with Tae Kwon Do. Swim team will interupt Gymnastics though.

Last edited by jcatron243 : 02-06-2010 at 10:01 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #26
Calorie Counter

I'm back from my run.

MM~I thought of you when I started so I thought, hmmm I wonder if I can make it for an hour. I did it!!!! I origially intended to run 4 miles. I figured it would take just over 40 minutes. I ended up slowing my pace and finishing the 60 minutes I ran 5.5 miles. Thanks for the inspiration

Now I am off to shoe shop for the kids and get some new workout pants. I may also get my hair highlighted. Did I tell you I got my haircut last night. Its a short layerd bob. I will try to get a pic, but I love it. It was too late to have highlights done.

W 80 oz
E 60 done (home weights tonight maybe)
E 1500 cals. we will be out and about all day so I am being honest
D Have fun with the kids, don't stress about spending $$. This is planned spending.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:03 PM   #27

S/C/G: 182/172/152

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies. Missed you all this week. I was traveling for work and did not have much time for anything but work. For most part, I made good food choices though and did not gain any weight. So far, I've lost about 10 lbs. on our Valentine's Day Challenge - which was my original goal.

I picked the happy broccoli guy because I have broccoli coming out my ears. Bought 2 bundles (4 stalks) yesterday at store because it was buy 1, get 1 free then my sister cleaned out her fridge yesterday and brought me 2 more stalks. I love broccoli but am not sure what to do with that much! Any ideas? My sis is on her way back to Florida today - the official move We put the house up for sale that we were renting to she and her husband in a few days. Realtor told me we'll probably just get enough to pay off the mortgage. We're starting a little higher than that though....

We were hit with at least a foot of snow last night. I'm planning my snowball attack on my husband and boys.

Have a great weekend everyone! Here's my goals:

W: 64 oz.
E: 30 minutes elliptical
E: 1400 calories
D: Better the boys in a snowball fight
Old 02-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #28
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Nix- I did bootcamp level 1 and 2 yesterday. I even upped my weights to 8 pounds for part of it. My knee was killing me this morning.

Jeni- I upped to 40 min, instead of 30 and added 3 pounds to my weights. That's something.

Had a work party last night. Didn't eat dinner, so I could munch. Didn't eat much ...but boy did i drink. I needed that. It was fun. The scale went from 183.6 to 181.2. Nice, huh?? It is just the 5 pound TOM weight leaving my body.

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #29
Calorie Counter

Jeanette!! good job on the loss!! for your broccolii~dice up some chicken and cook it in a frying pan with about a 1/4 cup of water. Once it is cooked add your broccolii, and whatever veggies you like with a mix of 1/4 cup teryaki sauce and 3/4 cup of water. cook it until your water is cooked out. In the past I would serve it with rice.

Mindy~I'm glad you increased your time and intensity, It will help you out a bunch. Keep on working at it, you will find what works for you.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #30
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

hey everyone .. ive been busy at work today..i need to crash so im gonna make this short and sweet..lol
w 64++
e 1hour walk
e 1200 cals
d sleep early...

TIARA
Hw 320
gw 185
pre op 309
1 wk post op 284
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.