Old 01-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #31  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Will someone just tell me what I need to do get these pounds moving. I will do it...no problem. My head is reeling and I am so confused. Nothing is working.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:53 PM   #32  
Calorie Counter

Jeanette~I hope you got everything done you needed to.

Mindy~ I know what you are going through. Are you sticking to the 1200 cals? You need to give it a week or so, you wont see an immediate impact. You know I am a gym rat, right? Is there a gym near you that you can pay by the day to try it out (or even better a free week?) Maybe you should try that. I don't know honey, you are doing everything right, eating right and exercising, I just think your body is ready for the next level.

Work today went SLOW. But it is over now, so all is good. I get the next four days off. WEED is good right now. Will and Mak are on the mend.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #33  

Height: 5'3"

ZOO - your job sounds awesome, must be so cool working with all the exotic animals.

Mindy - Maybe try calorie cycling, I hear a lot of women have success busting through plateaus that way. I know it sucks not seeing the scale move but every day you're being healthy benefits your body in imeasurable ways! Keep with it!

JENI - glad the family is on the mend. I had a slow work day too, makes the day seem excrutiating long!

W - 64+
E - 10000+ steps
E - OP
D - finish touchups to boys room
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #34  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

mtiger.. you and i are in the same boat i absolutly hate seeing 241 on my scale day after day.. As for me i am uping my workout.. hopefully the scale will move . I really want to blame it on my batterie but i just put a new set in last week lol o well i guess its my body..

huuh today is not going well i fought with my sister and im so frustrated with her.. huh sisters hate them one min and the next you love them well you all know which one im leaning toward right now.... Half of me is to the point of making cookie dough to calm my nerves. But i wont do it.. i want to but i wont..lol im having an inner stuggle..lol
i think ill just burn my frustation with some good old wii boxing its all about visualiation lol... thanks for leting me vent,,

w 64++
e wii bootcamp
e 1200 cals
d make bday cake for my mom
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 11:29 PM   #35  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

just checking in... i havent been on in a few days but everything is going well. went to the park today and sunday. trying to avoid the treadmill but still get my exercise in. i'm sooooo glad tomorrow is friday..

w: 4 bottles
e: at least 30 min a day
e: avoid lunches that any rep sould happen to bring to the office
d: stick to it
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 02:34 AM   #36  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

hello.. i just got done walking for 2 hours and most of the frustration is gone but the hurt is still there.. o well at least i didnt cheat and eat cookie dough..lol
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 182/172/152

Height: 5'9"

Ladies - I just got off the scale - 176.8 I started the week at 180 and pretty bummed out that I did not loose anything last week but now I'm Happy!

Mindy - Maybe try some of the foods tha help to burn fat better? I'm going to try the "Flat Belly Diet" I think. I went to lunch with a friend on Wed. and she highly recommended it - it helped her to loose her last 15 lbs of baby fat pretty easily (and her "baby" is now 8 this weekend). I have it on reserve at the library along with a cookbook that goes with it. Sounds like a good plan - 4, 400 calorie meals per day, none of the bad fat but some of the good fat that burns the bad fat with each meal (stuff like nuts, avocados). The concept I think would help to lose weight everyone, not just the belly. Haven't tried it but definitely think I will.

Tiara - major victory that you resisted the cookie dough!!! I know how hard it was.

Jeni - Didn't get everything done last night I wanted because I worked late - hoping to knock it out in the next hour before my work day gets rollin again.

For today:
W: 48 oz.
E: 1400
E: 30 minutes elliptical
D: Fun night with my boys - they are back for a week!
Momto6inOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:51 AM   #38  
Calorie Counter

Tiara~I am so glad you didn't eat that cookie dough. It wouldn't calm your nerves, you would eat it then blame your sister for that too. (I know how sisters are, I have 4 of them).

Onestar~glad you made it to the park!

Jeanette~congrats on the loss. I've heard of that diet too, but I worry about fad diets that help you lose quickly, its hard to maintain.

Heading to the gym now I saw 137 today, lets hope I can hold onto if for the weekend.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #39  
Calorie Counter

Ok Back from my workout. Tweaked my foot though, not sure what that is all about. IF i go back I will have to ride the bike. But I did get in a great workout today. But, Tommy needs to get out of the house he's been cooped up to long.

Normally on my 2 mile runs I set the tread at 5.5-5.8 but I went 6.0 without a warm up, I think that is my problem. I am going to stretch for a while today.

W 80 oz
E 60 minute class/2miles 20 minute run
E 1400 cals. Keep them clean don't let myself got over hungry
D I have house work to do, but if my foot doesn't stop hurting I will baby it.

I ended up going and doing a bike workout, I am going to stick to low impact workouts until my foot feels better. Elliptical, bike, and swimming. No running I hope it gets better soon.)

Last edited by jcatron243; 01-22-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:45 PM   #40  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

After much research and soul searching I am going to try upping my cals to 1600/day. Looking at many different BMI calculators, my BMI falls anywhere from 1500 to 2000. They say you should stick close to your maintanence number and the exercise will do the trick. What have I got to lose?? If I start gaining rapidly I'll know it's too much, right?? Worth a shot I guess.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #41  

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies -

Had a good day today, stayed OP and had a nice spinach salad with 1 oz cranberry cheese and aged balsamic for dinner. Our house is a disaster but DH is exhausted and frustrated from work so we're just going to kick back, watch a movie and take care of it tomorrow.

Tiara - hope you patch things up with your sis! Kudos for choosing a walk over food.

Momto6 - congrats on the loss!!

Jeni - hope your foot is back to normal soon, I know you love your running.

Mindy - Maybe you're right and your body needs more calories, if you're putting in the exercise the weight should drop. 'There's no overtraining, just undereating' I've heard that quoted by several uber-fit ladies on other boards (the ones who train for competitions). Good luck!

Seems silly to post my WEED at 8 pm but here it is:

W - 64+
E - walking
E - OP
D - relax with my hubby tonight
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 182/172/152

Height: 5'9"

Good morning ladies. I'm up - so tired and bleary eyed. Connor woke me up about half an hour ago because he had a nightmare and could not go back to sleep because his hamster was on the wheel making a lot of noise. I am going to get the ultra quiet wheel today for $10 or $15 - it will be worth it many times over if it quiets his hamster down. He also likes to chew on the metal bars of his cage. Maybe I'll look for chew treats, too. Very rambunctious little fellow or maybe she's a chick up for a challenge and just wants to get her exercise in! Okay - I think I most definitely need a nap later today. I was semi coherent with my hubby from about 11:30-1 am last night tho after he got home from work.

Jeni - good luck holding that loss!
Mindy - hope the new calorie plan works!
Emil - hope you get the housework done in record time and can have another relaxing evening tonight. Your salad last night sounds yummy.

Have a great day all! I'll post my WEED later... Jeanette
Momto6inOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #43  
Calorie Counter

Morning ladies. Last night, DH and I went and sat in the hot tub at the gym, then came home and had a couple of drinks and watched a movie. I also had some chips and salsa. Scale still says 137 today

Todays plan:

9am workout
Going to window shop for TVs and I have to get some new clothes for our vacation. I need to try and find myself some shorts and t shirts, Makenna needs shorts.
This afternoon we are going to try to stay busy so we don't mindlessly snack (or even want to snack).

Gotta get running.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #44  
Calorie Counter

Alrighty, I got in a good workout. bike for 35 minutes 10.56 miles. weights for 20. My foot is doing OK.. its not hurting, but tender. I'm going to take it easy for a few days.

Off for the rest of my day.

W 80 oz
E bike/weights
E 1400 cals
D avoid snacking
Old 01-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Today's the day. Boys go back to college, Mom is blatty, but I have challenged myself, rather than getting fatter, to stay OP until the end of the semester and see what I can do. I can be depressed and fat or depressed and lose some weight, the choice is mine!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote