3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

W.O.W. Valentine's Day Challenge WEEK 2

Old 01-15-2010, 05:35 AM   #46
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Tiara~You need some potassium. That will stop the cramping. We are definately red meat eaters. Honestly it hasn't been that tough living without it. It has only been 8 days or so though.

Mindy~I hope you get some good results.

I'm a little bummed. I have worked out 2.5 hours a day 3 times this last week and 1 hr twice. I've been right on with food for 5 of those days, And my scale still isnt moving, actually it is my normal pattern. I was hoping to get out of this pattern. OK I'm over it.

Workday today.

W 64 oz
E extra laps/abs and stretching
E 1200 cals
D dont pay any attention to the scale. It is a stupid number, I feel great!
Old 01-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #47

S/C/G: 165/125

Height: 5'3''

Jeni, you are doing great, numbers will follow!

Mindy, hope you see your numbers too! But, see above. You are staying strong, it will happen.

Tiara, I agree w potassium, also make sure you get enough calcium, I have cramping issues without enough calcium.

Polka, Emi, Lots, Mom, great to see you all!!

Kris, I miss you!!!!

W 100
E Just finished turbojam
E OP, keep away from the candy dish. It's Friday!!!!
D Focus!!

mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #48

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

I'm so confused! I've been eating more than my allowed calories, but I'm still losing. I am working out and burning a lot of calories. I make sure that my net calories are under 1300 which is my goal for each day, so does it matter that I eat some of my burned calories back?

lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #49

S/C/G: 194/194/135

Height: 5'3"

JENI - You're doing great!!! Have you had periodic health assessments done? When I belonged to the Y before Connor we could have free assessments done, measured strength, body fat percentage, aerobic capacity etc... I had a personal trainer and was newly pregnant at the time so it was nice to see that even though the scale had gone up 2 lbs, I'd actually gained muscle, lost fat, increased my strength and endurance. Sone times it's nice to see tangible proof that even though outwardly you feel like nothing's happening, inside your body in changing and becoming healthier.

Mavis - I'm with you on the candy dish, they had a breakfast at work today with all the fixings and I stayed away - trying to keep that mindset today too!

W - 64+
E - increase activity as much as possible
E - 1350 cals max
D - get ready for a weekend of painting fun...again

emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #50
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

jeni sounds good ill try eating a banana tonight after my exercise..
mothermavis im lactose so getting calcium is tricky. but ive been taking prenatal for my hair because it was thinning a bit and i checked the bottle it has calcium so thats one way..
w 64++
e wii bootcamp
e 1200
d new songs for ipod..

A YEAR FROM NOW YOU WILL LOOK BACK AND WISH YOU STARTED
TIARA
Hw 320
gw 185
pre op 309
1 wk post op 284
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #51
Calorie Counter

MM~Thanks. Just whining I suppose. Really I am happy with the way my body is right now, but I have been working toward that number for so long, I want to reach it.

Emily~They do have that, but no I haven't done it. We call it committ to be fit at our Y. They do body fat %, weight, and waist size. Then they will work out a fitness routine to help with your goal. Its great, but since it was introduced after I had been a member for a year, I just haven't done it. I Do do my measurements, (but haven't noticed much of a change). I really need to go back to my old numbers and compare to now.

Tiara~my ob/gyn told me to take 3 tums a day for a calcium supplement.

Lots~I'm glad that you are losing. Track all the cals you are eating right now and stick to that number with your workouts, when your losing stops then drop the cals. I burn calories with my workouts, but I dont judge my workouts by the "calories burned" I get from fitday or the machine. I judge by my sweat and heart rate. I do eat more on the days that I workout because as much as I want to lose weight I want to be healthy. My body and moods tell me when I need to eat more.

Ok I think I am babbling, sorry. My head hurts and I am exhausted.

I got upset with my Saftey manager at work today. She calls me into her office and asks me if I am sick or If I am on drugs because I have lost weight way fast lately. I said "ummmm, really? I have lost about 12 pounds since June. That is about 2 pounds a month." Then I told her that I have lost 55 pounds over the past 3 1/2 years ( 45 since I have been with the company). Why now all of the sudden do they think I have a drug problem? Then what did she ask, Oh how did you lose it? I told her I workout regularly. I run 3 miles for cardio and do weights on my days off. PLUS I count my calories. Why all of the sudden? because I missed a few days last month. WHY ME??? Because I am a hard worker who misses MAYBE 6 days a year?? Plus I am committed to myself and living a healthy lifestyle. JEEZ. Sorry. I suppose it would have been better to tell her that my doc told me I have diabetes last year and have been working my booty off to keep my blood sugar levels low enough so that diagnosis changes, but I was really hurt by what she said. WOW RUN ON SENTENCES!!! I won't be suprised if they ask me to take a drug test next week.

Sorry for the rant.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:27 AM   #52
Calorie Counter

Good morning my friends. I feel so much better today. I got a ton of sleep and no headache. Even what my safety manager said isn't bugging me so much today.

I hope everyone has a great saturday, I know I will.

W 64 oz
E extra laps around the pool
E 1200 cals
D Dont worry about the scale, just take care of myself.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #53
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

wow jeni- that crazy what your safety manager said.. i think she's just jealous lol!

so, i've been doing pretty good on controlling my portion sizes and what i eat. we went and got some sushi last night and i ate only two peices when i would have otherwise eaten like half the dish. so that was good for me.

i was supposed to go out with my cousin and her friends last night but what was supposed to be going for a few hours around the corner tuned into going across town till 2 am. Normally that would have been ok but it had pouring rain all day and was still raining. so i stayed in and watched movies. gonna get out today.

i'm going to walk everywhere i go this weekend (witihin a reasonable distance). the treadmill is getting borig for me and i like being outside.

hope ya'll have a great saturday! i'm off to start mine!

Last edited by onestar : 01-16-2010 at 09:41 AM.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #54
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Jeni- WOW!! Can't believe you got that response at work. I get nothing but praises from people at work. I have also become somewhat of an inspiration to others. I now have 3 new people wanting to workout with me. Of course everyone knows what I have been up to for the past 2 years.

Speaking of my progess, let me say BBBBLLLLLAAAAAHHHHH!!!!
Mid-cycle time so I've gained a bit. Still getting 1500 calories a day. Sticking with ir for a few more days, then I'll try dropping it some. I couldn't be any more frustrated right now.

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #55
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

jeni.. wow was she off the mark.. I would be so upset also if they tell you that you need to take a drug test id tell them no. I think you should go above her and talk to someone and tell them what went down and ask them how does being sick suddenly jump to taking drugs.. sorry this just makes me mad..

okay .. i gotta go back to work lol.. ill be back to check in later

TIARA
Hw 320
gw 185
pre op 309
1 wk post op 284
Old 01-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #56
Calorie Counter

Onestar~great job on portion sizes.

Mindy~I understand your frustration. My scale is as stubborn as yours.

Tiara, I would lose my job if I refused to take a drug test. BUT i did talk to her today. "As our Health and Wellness advisor as well as saftey manager, I was required to talk to you because there have been rumors circulating around over the past two months that your weight is dropping and you have been having mood swings. . . .blah blah blah." Then She told me that she does know that I have been working on my weight for a while and I have been doing a great job. We talked about what my doctor told me about my cholestoral and diabetes. She never thought I was on drugs, just doing her job.

So today was a pretty good day overall. Work and food was great.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:10 PM   #57

S/C/G: 182/172/152

Height: 5'9"

28 days/4 Weeks until Valentine's Day Ladies! I weigh in on Monday - hope I lost 2 lbs. since last week - although I have not been counting my calories that great last night and today. No mindless eating though - just not counting. I'll get back at counting/planning tomorrow. Do plan to have a glass of wine or two with my husband in a few minutes. Only get to spend 2 nights a week with him because he works nights so it's nice to hang out after the kids are in bed.... although I just had to quickly minimize my screen because he walked up and started looking at it. Some things are for girls only! (love the smileys)

JENI - so glad you resolved things at work! You'll probably see a drop on the scale overnight soon...
MENDY - every time I step on the scale during my cycle and the day or two before/after, I wish I hadn't... Hope the calorie strategy works.
TIARA - I've had leg & foot cramps off/on all my life.
Great job LOTS!

Husband has wine and movie ready. Will post my WEED tomorrow. Have a nice rest of the weekend everyone! Jeanette
Momto6inOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #58
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

so i did walk a lot yesterday.. a total of about 2 hours. and it kind of backfired on me because the rest of the day i was starving. and i had read this in an article just the day before on yahoo about how people who walked an hour or more were more likely to gain weight b/c they are so hungry afterwards. guess its true because the scale was up almost a whole pound.

i didnt eat junk, i just ate too much healthy food.

onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #59
Calorie Counter

post in the morning!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:12 AM   #60
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

jeni.. im happy everything was set streight..

i wasnt feeling well today i slep most of the day away.. hopefully 2mo will be a better day..

TIARA
Hw 320
gw 185
pre op 309
1 wk post op 284
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.