3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

W.O.W. Valentine's Day Challenge WEEK 2

Old 01-14-2010, 02:23 AM   #31
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

mindy..I know what you mean.. im suppose to go see a dietition/nutritionist. I have seen one before and the way i see it what can they possible tell me that i dont know already. Last time i went she talked about making a life change and getting my exercise in. The thing is i know what to to its just getting my butt in gear to do it. lol..and somedays its easy said than done..
Jeanette..I got to where i am by just hitting my rock bottom of 294.. I swore to myself i wouldnt see 300. I love to make list and plan and make charts..lol (omg i got this from my mother.) That nite i made a list of ways i would change. I put myself on the south beach diet and started to exercise. and after a lot of hard work and comitment i loss 40lbz. but then i got cocky and my gpa was in the hospital a lot and i gained it all back... lol yes i was so upset i wanted to give in but i told myself hey we did this once we can do it again.. and thas what i did but this round i loss more than the 1st time and i dont plan on gaining anything back.
emiloots.. i wish i could afford a gofitwear or a body bug.. because i know it would help me so much. But hey thats why i bought myself a wii.. and a wii fit plus i keep having to remind myself that money doesnt grow on trees no matter how hard you wish ..lol tell me how you like yours because if im reallly good maybe i could buy myself one for xmas..lol
jeni.. happy early bday..I hope you enjoy your nite out with the family enjoy being queen for the day thats how i see it..

w 64++
e wii bootcamp (burn 1000kalz)
e 1200 cals
d clean.. i hate that word it should be considered a bad swear word. Think about it when people hear it they cringe lol well at least i do...

A YEAR FROM NOW YOU WILL LOOK BACK AND WISH YOU STARTED
TIARA
Hw 320
gw 185
pre op 309
1 wk post op 284
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 AM   #32

S/C/G: 176/135/115

Height: 5'3

I want to do this challenge! how do you guys manage the extra hunger that comes with exercise? i get REALLY really ferociously, painfully hungry to where I lose all self control.
polka23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:09 AM   #33

S/C/G: 165/125

Height: 5'3''

Jeni Have a wonderful day!!

Polka, I struggled with eating after exercise too, try drinking a huge glass of water and having some type of pre-chosen snack ready and then go from there.

Jeanette, for me, it's a struggle every day! But I know I feel better after I exercise and have found that other than Tuesday/Thursday when I have found a friend to run with after work, I have to just get up an hour earlier and get it done before everyone gets up.

I am thinking if YS doesn't take his WII back to college, I will get a couple of the fitness games and try that too. Last time he didn't even take it, so we'll see.

W 100 didn't make this yesterday
E Got a bit on the elliptical last night too, was still up .6 this morning
E Plan
D Trying not to go backwards.

mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:45 AM   #34

S/C/G: 182/172/152

Height: 5'9"

Default Doing It!

Mothermavis - thanks for the reinforcement. Intuitively, I know that I need to approach exercising in the same way I am now approaching my eating - planning it precisely - when, where, what. Sometimes, I think that all I have to do is cut calories because after all, sweating for 20-30 minutes only burns a couple hundred calories. Backward thinking at it's finest! Cause we all know that the benefits of exercise continue for hours - one burns calories for efficiently and gets the serotonin level up which can go a heck of a long way to helping with keeping the grazing in check, etc. Below is an exercpt I copied from a website that I found reinforcing.

Serotonin serves to elevate mood, increase feelings of satiety, and lift depression. We have all experienced a rise in serotonin at some point. It is that satisfied feeling we have after a long run, or a large plate of pasta. It is also that feeling of comfort we get from spending time with close friends, and/or family. Serotonin can become depleted with chronic stress or anxiety, starvation or a low carbohydrate diet, and inactivity, leaving you feeling depressed, irritable, moody, and exhausted. Conversely, serotonin is strongly elevated after a long run, or workout, even at moderate intensity levels.

Tiara - the key to achieving your goals, I think, is to allow yourself to feel good about what you do right and keep setting those daily goals. I love the WEED concept to help with that... I could not come close to exercising enough to burn 1000 calories in one session - I just don't have the stamina (YET!). Kudos to all you other ladies that can achieve those kind of exercise results today!

Everyone have a great day - may it be filled with serotonin! (odd as it sounds). Here's my WEED for today:

W: 3 16 oz. bottles and 16 oz. with crystal lite
E: 30 minutes elliptical (I'll admit it tomorrow if I missed the mark on this again)
E: 1300
D: Productive work day & super evening with my boys
Momto6inOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #35

S/C/G: 182/172/152

Height: 5'9"

Default Happy Birthday Jeni!

Jeni,
I meant to say Happy Birthday in my last post! Jeanette
Momto6inOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #36
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Emily~I cant wait to hear how you like it. I am thinking about getting one for DH.

Mindy~I'm suprised your doc didn't suggest a nutritionist. That is usually a good first step when you do all the right things and you still cant lose weight. I used to do 60 minutes of cardio. I also did stretching and abs outside of that time (about 10-15 minutes worth). Once I hit the "normal weight" for my height I went to 35-45 minutes cardio and 15-20 minutes of weights.

Jeanette~ My workouts have changed as my weight has changed. When I first started I knew that if I wanted to create exercise as a lifestyle I would have to add it a little bit at a time. I started with 15 minutes, then added 2 minutes a week until I hit 30 minutes. Once that 30 was ok for me I added 5 more mintues until I hit 60 minutes. It was tough back in the days before I joined the gym because the kids always needed something as soon as I started working out. My only solution was to break up my workouts into two 30 minute sections. Then DH and I decided to join the YMCA, which has been such a wonderful addition to our lives. I have been doing double the workouts this week because my kids were sick most of December and I want to make sure to keep up with the 5 am workouts just in case I cant make it at 830. 830 is such a habit and Tommy loves going to the daycare room so I go again. In an hour session of my workout I burn about 400 calories running, 100 cals on the summit climber then whatever I do for weights. I don't focus on the calories burned, but more so on the sweat and heart rate. (Thanks for the Birthday wishes)

Tiara~Thank you very much! I saw a nutritionist when I was pregnant and had gestational diabetes. She was really helpful, but you are right, when you already have a clue about what she will say it is kindof pointless.

Polka~ I know exactly what you mean. On days I workout I know if I dont get in some carbs/protein right after my workout I am a bear and then I over eat in the afternoon. I work out in the morning so after my workout I will eat either 2 eggs with toast, or if I am really hungry and feeling a bit cranky and out of sorts I will eat a half a peanut butter and brown sugar sandwich with a low calorie protein shake. Then I drink 24 oz of water to help fill me up. My mood helps me determine what I eat for lunch. If I am really cranky I know my blood sugar is low so I eat a sandwich for lunch. If my mood is ok I stick with a salad or soup.

MM~Thank you. I would love workout out with my Wii fit more, but whenever I get on it the kids want to take their turns. It really is a fun good workout. We have been playing Dance Dance Revolution as a family, and even the basic level we can build up a sweat.

Last edited by jcatron243 : 01-14-2010 at 11:25 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #37

S/C/G: 194/194/135

Height: 5'3"

Jeni - Happy birthday!!!!!!

Jeanette - I struggle with exercise too, with a 1 and 3 year old, a full time job and a husband that works long and unpredictable hours I find it really hard. I refuse to have my kids in daycare all day and then drag them to the gym and put them in 'daycare' again - it's not fair to them. Soooo, I'm just trying to up my general activity level, take the walk to the bathroom across the building instead of the close one, be more vigorous with general housework, playing with the kids - hoping that this adds to the calorie burn. When the weather warms up it'll be easier, throw the kids in the double stroller with a snack and off we go! Just wanted to let you know you're not alone!

Mavis - don't worry about the mini-gain, it'll be gone tomorrow

Polka - welcome!!!!

TIARA - It was definitely an expense that's for sure, but since I don't have a gym membership or other 'life change' related expenses I figured it was worth it. I'll let everyone know how it's going once I get a couple of days in and TOM is over.

W - 64+
E - increase general activity, 10000+ steps
E - 1350 calories
D - start getting ready to paint the boys room

emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #38
Calorie Counter

Emily You posted while I was working on this. I also refuse to take my kids to the child care room after I get off of work. It is so not fair to them. I need my kid time.

I had to post that so I didn't lose it.

Thanks everyone for the Birthday Wishes. I really appreciate them. Dinner was nice last night, DH's grandma got me a bottle of wine from our local winery with a gift card. Yummy. (I hate getting gifts though, there are so many other things to spend $$ on.) We ended up not going mexican though. Makenna decided she wasn't in the mood for it and Tommy just wanted to make his sister happy. I was really happy because I was able to find a nice chicken pecan salad that was YUMMY. I decided to sleep in today since it is my birthday I am going to workout today at 830 then I may go take a cardio kickboxing class at 530 (IF DH will be able to get the kids to swim lessons) If not one workout will be plenty. I will be out of the house for most of the day today. I have some grocery shopping to do, I need new smoke detectors, and I think I may go buy myself some new workout pants (or maybe some new shirts. )

W 80 oz
E 45 minute cardio 20 minutes weights. I am going to try free weights today.
E 1400 cals. This seems to be my norm lately.
D keep busy, keep moving.

Last edited by jcatron243 : 01-14-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #39
Calorie Counter

Boy that was stressfull. My Ipod wouldn't work. It wouldnt turn on, charge, or even show up on itunes. I grabbed DH's ipod to use but I cut my workout to just 35 minutes cardio and 15 weights so I could get home to figure out what was up. I got it working again though so the stress can go away.

But I did get in 3.56 miles in 35 minutes. So I am happy. Working on water and shopping now.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #40
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

polka- i have read that having a peice of fruit and a healthy starch are good after a work out ... like toast and an apple (or whatever fruit u want)...i'm going to try it

Last edited by onestar : 01-15-2010 at 12:34 AM.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #41

S/C/G: 194/194/135

Height: 5'3"

JENI - One day I hope to have your motivation and make it to the gym at 5 am!!! One day, but I know if I joined a gym now it would be wasted money...

Hope everyone's having a great day!

emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #42

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

whew! I'm worn out! I did 4 miles tuesday, 5 wednesday and the 30DS, 5 today. My legs are tired. Not really sore, just tired. I've done pretty good on my eating, kept my body moving and I've been drinking all my water. TOM is here this week, so we'll see what that does to the scales on Tuesday. Have a great rest of the day!!

lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #43
Calorie Counter

Lots~Excellent workouts!!!!!

Emily~I have my times where sleep is more important than early workouts. But I love my cardio sculpt class and it is only offered at 530 am. Plus DH is great about it when I fall asleep at 8 or 9. Remember, I get up at 215am for work on my workdays so 430 is getting extra sleep.

Onestar~Its also really important to get in a bit of protein as well!! Add a piece of string cheese or a tblsp of peanut butter and you are set!

Shopping is done. I'm totally excited~Salmon was on sale so were pork loins~ehh not a big fan but I will deal with it. I cant eat chicken every night. Ok I can, but DH will start getting sick of it and stray after I go to bed. He isn't the biggest fan of pork either, but I think after a week of chicken and veggies he is ready for something else. I am also letting him have steak once a week. He is doing really well, I just hope he stays committed. So dinners this week are all set. Since my work week starts tomorrow food will be great.

Last edited by jcatron243 : 01-14-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #44
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

hey ladies..
wow my calves have been cramping at night really bad .. well at least i know im feeling the burn ..lol
Jeni.. i love chicken and after my bday feb 13 im gonna give up pork and beef. I figure id drop even more weight but im banking on chicken and turkey and seafood to help curve my red meat cravings lol.. only time will tell.
w 64++
e wii boot camp
e 1200 cals
d organize room..

A YEAR FROM NOW YOU WILL LOOK BACK AND WISH YOU STARTED
TIARA
Hw 320
gw 185
pre op 309
1 wk post op 284
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #45
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I am hitting that 1500 calories a day, no matter what. Did Cardio Max for 30 min. plus jogged for 15 min. Tomorrow is weigh-in. It would be nice to see 177 something, but I'm not holding my breath.

Jeni- I am trying to hit 45 min. a day. I hate the thought of needing to do 60 min. I would if it worked. Right now I'l try this calorie thing. If that doesn't work I guess I'll have to try bumping up workout time. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Have fun!!! Enjoy!!!

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.