Old 12-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #1  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Default G2010 Love The Skin I'm In Challenge (thru Feb. 14)

Well, it's time to get started on our successful weight loss journey for the new year.

Jasonslea has stepped down from doing the tracking, so I will do it, unless someone else wants to. Just let me know. So on that note, pm me your starting weight and your weekly weigh ins. Your weigh in day can be whichever works for you, but REPORTING day will be Sunday, Just report to me by messaging by 6 p.m. on Sundays. (If you can't make it by 6, just let me know and I'll extend it for you as long as it is on Sunday.) I find it easier to just do it first thing when I get up. Then you won't have to worry about it. Remember if you miss reporting in 2 times, then I won't track for you anymore. This just holds us accountable.

Now for the Loving Your Skin part, I should have renamed it Loving Your Heart. Thru Valentine's Day, we are going to love our heart, by taking care of it. Set you some exercise goals, hopefully include cardio in your plan, and set a weight loss goal. This is about 6 weeks, so don't set your goals too high.

Think of other ways to help your heart like reducing stress, lowering your cholesterol, even a more consistent habit of regular bed rest. Maybe you can think of something else, and share it with us, we may not have thought of it.

Be sure and pm me your starting weight and your weight loss goal for this challenge by Sunday, January 3rd.

McKenziesmomma, or someone else, feel free to start some mini challenges. I know everyone likes the tag challenge you all do. (Don't feel bad, I would love to participate in those, but physically I can't. But I love watching all of you.)

Next Sunday, January 10th, I will announce our stats for the week with the top Loser, and 4 runner ups. That will give you more opportunity to be recognized, which motivates you even more sometimes. I will also announce the Poster of the Week, and the Most Motivating Post. (The Poster of the Week is the one with the most posts.) If there is a post that you find motivating, just pm me which one, and it may win unless another one gets more votes. (I hope this encourages us all to post on a regular basis.)

Now lets get started!
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

WHOOO HOOOO...its here!

My start weight for the year is a staggering 270 lbs!!!

But I'm all about getting it off! I think this exercise challenge is such a great idea...not only because it IS good for your heart...but also because it is a very important part of losing weight and being healthy!

Soooo...my 6 week goal is to exercise at least 30 minutes a day EVERYDAY! And I would like to lose 18 pounds in 6 weeks..roughly 3 pounds a week.

I would like to keep my house clean....for the whole 6 weeks!!!!

I think a good mini challenge would be for everyone to get a check up! Get your blood pressure, cholesteral, triglycerides and everything checked out.....wouldn't it be great to have all your numbers before we get started and see what they are half way through or at the end of the year????

If you have health insurance alot of them will cover FREE yearly check ups...if not....see if there is a local free clinic where you can get your tests ran or for you college students....student Health can help you out! Also....around this time of year alot of doctors run specials and discounts.....check it out!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 12-30-2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: added goal info
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #3  
Slower But Get'n There

Red face

Ok, I've done some calculating for my overall goal for the whole year. And to be on track, I need to lose at least 8 pounds for this Loving My Skin Challenge. This would actually be one pound extra, but I need a good head start. And I need to really nail this one on weight loss. I feel if I fail this one, my whole year will be shot again. I need to succeed. I can succeed. I am glad I am writing this, I almost have tears in my eyes. I so want to lose the weight. I struggled in 09 and lost a total of 7 pounds, but actually that was 7 pounds I didn't have when the year started.

I don't understand. What am I waiting on? What am I afraid of? Why am I afraid of success? And why do I think I have to wait until January 1st to get started. There I said it. I need to start today.

I am going to set some goals just for today, and I'm going to stop giving myself license to eat freely just because it's a holiday. There will always be holidays. I will always have to watch what I eat.

Today I weighed 281.4. I will weigh again on New Year's Day and edit my weight loss goal.
Exercise: 30 miles WATP and 80 mins/toning

Last edited by JazzyPeggy; 12-30-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyPeggy View Post
Ok, I've done some calculating for my overall goal for the whole year. And to be on track, I need to lose at least 8 pounds for this Loving My Skin Challenge. This would actually be one pound extra, but I need a good head start. And I need to really nail this one on weight loss. I feel if I fail this one, my whole year will be shot again. I need to succeed. I can succeed. I am glad I am writing this, I almost have tears in my eyes. I so want to lose the weight. I struggled in 09 and lost a total of 7 pounds, but actually that was 7 pounds I didn't have when the year started.

I don't understand. What am I waiting on? What am I afraid of? Why am I afraid of success? And why do I think I have to wait until January 1st to get started. There I said it. I need to start today.

I am going to set some goals just for today, and I'm going to stop giving myself license to eat freely just because it's a holiday. There will always be holidays. I will always have to watch what I eat.

Today I weighed 281.4. I will weigh again on New Year's Day and edit my weight loss goal.

I know what you mean about feeling like if you fall short the first month that you'll fall short the whole year! I feel that way too.....I don't wanna keep saying, "I'll start tomorrow...its just one more day!" Cause that is what I did for an entire year last year! I can't believe I did that! I didn't lose 5 pounds or 10 pounds...nope I gained! I think I weighed in around 250 last Jan 1st...so I gained 20 pounds.....you know if I would have just tried half way...exercised 3 times a week and limited eating out....I bet I could have lost 20 pounds in a year without even trying! And that would be better than where I am now!

I don't think your "waiting" on anything.....I don't think your "afraid" of anything....I think your like most people......we get caught up in everyday life....we let those excuses get the better of us! You know.....awww the kitchen is dirty so I can't cook a healthy meal so I will just grab something fast food.....man I have worked all day and I am too tired to cook...so I will just eat out! or My favorite......A Big Mac or Chinese or fill-in-the blank sounds so good so I think I will just eat what I want today and start tomorrow. OR I will start Monday OR I will start on the first of the month...

It is so easy to find EXCUSES to NOT do what we NEED to do to be where we WANT and NEED to be, but if we would instead look at things differently we could all win! Instead of looking at it as an excuse....we should all look at it as an obstacle to over come....and find a solution to that obstacle!

Instead of saying...I'm too tired to cook cause I have worked all day....maybe keep somo healthy frozen dinners like lean cuisine in the freezer...or prepare some meals ahead of time if you know you will be tired after work.....or keep some veggies cut up in the fridge so you can throw together a quick salad!

Anyways....those are just my thoughts....lets make this year our year ladies!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #5  
Slower But Get'n There

Thanks Melissa.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #6  
Slower But Get'n There

Melissa, that's a great mini challenge. I had my numbers checked at a health fair, and I still have them. I want to better those numbers, so I'm holding onto it for comparison. Thank you!
Old 12-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Ok my starting weight is 272 for the first challenge I want to lose 9 lbs so that can be on track for the year. I want to do a workout 5 times a week. I will start small and work up to more and more time and intensity on my workout
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #8  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

alright so my big goal is to exercise every other day 30-45 minutes. If I can get more in I will but that is what I am shooting for. I do not have a starting weight at this time I have been to chicken to get on the scale and see what the holiday damage is.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #9  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyPeggy View Post

I feel that is important not to think along the lines of “if I fail at such and such then I’m such a failure and my whole diet has fallen on its face so I might as well just pack it all in... etc...” I know exactly how you feel as I have felt like that countless times before and it is for this reason that I believe I have always failed at my diets, gone to extremes and harboured such strong feelings of self loathing. It is important to think positively and not to allow setbacks to get the better of us. We are not super humans and can only do so much. We all stumble, we all have moments of self pity but at the end of the day we all have the strength to get right back up, to wipe the tears away, to put the cake away and to face the following day with a renewed feeling of determination to reach for what we want most.

We are not failures but often we put too much pressure on ourselves. I have often felt in the past that I want to be thin NOW and I want to lose weight NOW and I want to weight such and such NOW that I set too high goals for myself which are only destined to fail and then I feel like a complete failure and fat slob with no will power so I let it all go until the next time a stroke of determination hits me and the cycle begins again. This is not the way to be. Think about who you are and think about what your weight is like at this moment. In six months you could either be heavier than you are, the same as you are or less than you are. That decision is up to you. So if you have a bad day, a bad week, a bad month, so what? Keep your eye on the goal and pick yourself up and keep going because you will get there if you just don’t give up. It is the hardships in life that make us strong so never, ever think you are a failure because the only people who fail are those who completely give up.

I’ve struggled with my weight since I was a teenager and I used to go to extremes to lose weight. I’ve learnt my lesson now and I’ve learnt how to love myself far more than I used to and I feel so much better about things. This year I want to reach my goal weight of 133lbs and I think I can do it as long as I don’t let myself feel discouraged enough to throw it all in. A year is more than enough time to lose the weight and if my body wants to take it slow then so be it.

So for this first challenge I am setting a goal of 12lbs. I also intend to devote at least 30 minutes a day to do some physical exercise (I’m really bad when it comes to exercising). I also intend to cut down on the sweets and chocolates I tend to consume. If I am at the shops and have a craving for something sweet I pledge to always buy myself a piece of fruit and not junk food. I will also concentrate on eating much smaller portions to my fiancé.

EDIT: When is the first weigh in? January 10th? Or is it the 3rd?

Last edited by BeautyandtheBeast; 12-30-2009 at 03:35 PM.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 181/177.4/140

Height: 5'2

Can I play? I'm new and could use the support. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning if all is good here.

Last edited by slendern10; 12-30-2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: to add last sentence
slendern10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #11  
Slower But Get'n There

Yes, Slendrn10, you can join us.

Why don't we make the first official reporting in day January 10. Actually you do need to go ahead and report in sometime between now and Sunday your starting weight for this challenge.

Thanks everyone, and thanks for all your support. Let's blow those numbers away this year!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #12  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

sw: 156.8
gw: 135
goal for challenge--150

today went fairly well...didnt eat too badly and worked out for like 2-3hrs. did a zumba class at the gym for an hour.. first time ever so that was like a killer for me... and then weight machines...treadmill.. elliptical. ----so far this week i've gone twice and the goal is to hit the gym three times a week...did well with that last week and this week i'm aiming to go on saturday to make it three this week as well. .
princess2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I just had a blood lab work up done. My Tris are down 17 points. Bad Cholestrol is down but a smidgen. Had to go on statins. More lab work in Feb. First mini challenge completed. This challenge is til 2-14.k, I pm Peggy Sundays before 6pm. Got ya. On the wagon and heading down the road. Question????? Valentines is on a Sunday. How do u want to work the last weigh in??

Jan 1
Jan 8
Jan 15
Jan 22
Jan 29
Feb 5
Feb 12

Last edited by Dixiemae; 12-31-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 244/232/160

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone. My goals for the "love the skin I'm in" are gonna be simple. Don't want to put to much stress on myself to start. I am going to exercise 4 times a week, at the least. Add more fruit and veggies to my diet, and to make sure I say something positive to myself everyday. If we can't encourage ourselves, how are others going to right? If I start telling myself good things about myself, hopefully I will start to beleive them.
For me to lose 82 pounds this year, I will need to lose 7 lbs a month. So for this fist part, I will give myself a goal of 10 lbs by valentines day. Thanks for the idea of getting a check-up to. Haven't been to the doctor in over a year, so I need to go. That would be great to see a drop in my cholesterol by the end of ther year.
Hate to sound stupid, but I am new to the forum, how do I PM you to give you my weight. Don't laugh, I am seriously computer challenged. Thanks!
Melissa
miatutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:59 AM   #15  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning girls! Just posting my goals for this challenge! Glad to see so many chicks pumped to better themselves!

SW: 197
Goal for 2/14: 182

I will be following a nutrition plan I learned at my womens bootcamp class. No dairy or fruits for 6 weeks. 6 meals a day. Protien every meal. starchy carbs until noon only. Fiberous carbs from noon on. It works and I just have to stay away from the nagging holiday leftovers that people inevitably bring in at work. ACKKK!

So lets do it!!!!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote