Old 01-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #46  
Spartan Kitty

S/C/G: 270/*ticker*/160?

Height: 5'4"

My goals for this mini challenge are to lose 10lbs and to complete the first 3 steps in my couch to 5k program (I'm planning to do each week twice).

Here are my current pictures, soon to be my "before" pics!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-1-10(1)a.jpg (23.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 1-1-10(3)a.jpg (21.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 1-1-10(4)a.jpg (21.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 1-1-10(5)a.jpg (23.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Latchkey Princess; 01-02-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: to add pictures
Latchkey Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinnerbyjuly View Post
Melissa hope you feel better soon!!!!!! If it gets real bad talk to the Dr. There I had Hyperemesis gravidarum with one pregnancy right through delivery~ ugh!
Thanks! WOW I'm really sorry you had that....I am sick, but I definately don't think I have hyperemesis. I had a friend that had that. She vomited so much all day long....24 hours a day 7 days a week....she ate zofran like they were candy and they still didn't hardly touch it. She had to be in the hospital for awhile for dehydration....and she didn't get much sleep from being so sick all the time. I felt sorry for her....she always said she wouldn't wish that on her worst enemy......she was so bad she almost had an abortion.....but she didn't! She loves her little girl more than the world, but there is no way she would have another one...LOL!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latchkey Princess View Post
and to complete the first 3 steps in my couch to 5k program (I'm planning to do each week twice).

Thats a really good idea to do each week twice....it will really give you a chance to get used to the activity level you will be at....I never could get passed week four! I may try doing it that way after the baby.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #49  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone hope you all had a good day. I finally had a day to relax. Had homemade cheese potato and ham soup and homemade bread for dinner with DH's family. We are trying to spend on Saturday a month with them in order to be closer since we live an hour away we are close as it is but really wish we could live closer then we do. Anyway not much more to add.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #50  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Hey everyone! Well.....I haven't exercised yet this year, but I have a feeling that I'm not going to have a problem with the weight loss....The "morning sickness" is lasting ALL DAY LONG! I can hardly keep anything down. Blech....

Oh well...hope everyone is on track and doing well!

don't worry I haven't done any exercising yet this year either. I also hope that you start to feel better soon. The "morning sickness" is such a challange to deal with since it does not strike like clock work. With DS if I was going to get sick it was between 9-9:30 at night for about 2 weeks. This time it was just a little up set stomach for 3 days nothing to bad this time.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #51  
Kay

S/C/G: 214.5/TICKER/130

Hi guys!

SW: 209
Goal: 194
Fitness goals: At least 30 minutes of cardio 5x/wk
polarisx89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #52  

My start weight is 287 ( that is so hard to admit...)
My goal for this challenge is 8 lbs, since i am still nursing my daughter and I like to take it slow and steady. I do not want to do anything that will upset my supply.
I made room to set up my treadmill, so I want to get at least 30 to 45 mins on it at least 6 times a week.

Last edited by lina; 01-02-2010 at 08:19 PM.
lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #53  

Okay I just have to vent for a minute....my husband is getting on my last nerve.....he was all upset about something stupid....why is it that he gets to say whatever he wants to say....but when its my turn to talk if I disagree with him at all he just says, "Forget it...this conversation is over!" Thats it....its like I'm not allowed to have an opinion! Egh....MEN!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #54  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

uugh men -- sorry you've got morning sickness Mel.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I suffered through a half hour of stationary bike today (coughing the entire way). High calorie wise, on plan with water. I think it's this dumb cold. All I want to eat are comfort foods... and they are definitely not on plan. Try again tomorrow.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:58 AM   #55  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Hi, everyone, I've gotten behind on my reading on this thread. Will catch up tomorrow afternoon. I have church tomorrow. I am getting a lot of emails and messages with start weights. Thank you everyone. And I'm so glad everyone is excited. It helps us all. I did great on food yesterday, not so good today, I haven't started my exercise yet, but will on Monday. See you tomorrow.

Peggy
JazzyPeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #56  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Hi guys! So today has been pretty good. I went for a lovely walk in the snow with my fiancé and our dog and then I made a really delicious vegetable ratatouille for lunch. It was so good and was made up entirely of vegetables.

I’ve taken my “soon-to-be before” pics and am pasting them below. I wore my tight black jeans and red tank top to emphasise how much excess weight I have on me and I think I’m going to wear the same clothes for each “photo shoot.” Actually I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to do my black jeans up without having to lie down! They’re a UK size 12 but they’ve been getting seriously tight lately and I’ve been worried I was going to have to start wearing a 14 soon unless I did something. So that’s good – I must be losing then. My goal is to lose 12lb during this part of the challenge. If I meet that goal I’ll post some comparison photos.

I might try that couch to 5k thing. I’ve really got to start doing more exercise. It looks good. And Melissa, I know exactly what you mean about men – mine is exactly the same. We never argue or have big fights (which is kinda good I guess) because he just walks away from disagreements and because I have to always accept what he says goes – which I do! (Not sure if that’s such a good thing, lol).

Anyway hope you are all doing well beautiful ladies. Here’s to a slimmer, brighter future!

Her are my photos - me at 158.8lb:

Last edited by BeautyandtheBeast; 01-03-2010 at 09:02 AM.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #57  
Low carber :)

S/C/G: 223/212/size 6

Height: 64 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Thanks! WOW I'm really sorry you had that....I am sick, but I definately don't think I have hyperemesis. I had a friend that had that. She vomited so much all day long....24 hours a day 7 days a week....she ate zofran like they were candy and they still didn't hardly touch it. She had to be in the hospital for awhile for dehydration....and she didn't get much sleep from being so sick all the time. I felt sorry for her....she always said she wouldn't wish that on her worst enemy......she was so bad she almost had an abortion.....but she didn't! She loves her little girl more than the world, but there is no way she would have another one...LOL!
Yeah it was bad. Lots of hospital visits for IV's etc. I was so darn sickly skinny when I delivered and run down. My son was a nice big healthy baby though. Kind of embarrassing but I gained 35 lbs in 4 months after delivery and kept going!. Kiddo was well worth it all!

I hope your morning sickness subsides soon. With my first it left around 4 months and until then cheerios and ginger tea were my best bet.

I hope you are all having a fab Sunday!!!!! It is 20 below zero here. Brrrr
Last night Dh and I stopped at Burger King for a fast bite before a movie. I ate fine there. Had a few bites of popcorn and ate my almonds during Avatar. Great huh? Yeah until later! Moms fudge has been hollering for me from the freezer the last few days. I feel asleep on the couch ~ woke up and that fudge I swear was yelling "come get me Michelle!!!!" I caved and had a few pieces. Normally this would set me off to eat the brownies, cheesecake and all the goodies in our house. I thought to myself " gee ya goof you've been diabetic most of your adult life. That fudge wasn't really calling your blood sugar was saying " hey I'm low! Save me a bit here!""

So I decided to use my brain and grab a protein snack to chase the fudge and help stabilize the roller coaster blood sugar ride that was going to happen from that fudge. I know that should be a pretty basic concept but it was kind of a moment for me not to make slip sliding a bit a full blown sweets pig-out.

I frequently get woken from a dead sleep shaking and ravenous if I forget a balanced snack before sleeping. I need to work on this.

Last edited by thinnerbyjuly; 01-03-2010 at 12:18 PM.
thinnerbyjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #58  

Afternoon all! I am having a very lazy day today...kinda got a headache that just won't go away. I am fixing to go take a shower and get ready then its off to E.Dub to go get some fruits and veggies and lean meats!

I'm thinking of grilling burgers tonight.....YUMMY!

Catch ya'll later!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I tag the next person to do 25 crunches and 10 push ups.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #60  
A Whole New World

S/C/G: 172/ticker/122

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
I tag the next person to do 25 crunches and 10 push ups.
Oh my gosh, okay, you're on! I keep telling myself I need to do some crunches but never do so this is my chance. I'll try the push ups too though I've never had much strength in my arms, haha.

I tag the next person to do fifteen jumping jacks.

Edit: Did the crunches and pushups (my tummy hurt quite a bit, lol, they are very unworked!) Now I'm off for a steaming hot bath as I've come down with a really bad cold and have a really bunged up head. See you guys later.

Last edited by BeautyandtheBeast; 01-03-2010 at 02:20 PM.
BeautyandtheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote