Old 01-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #121  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

mystical - wow - it's nice that you and your husband have a such a supportive and caring relationship, it's lovely to see
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

My scale says my BMI is down to 26.93. Wooooo hoooooo it also says Ive lost over a pound. I soooooooooooo want to reach my goal for this challenge. Thanks for all the support you ladies are the best!
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #123  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi chickies
Wish I had time for personals, I check the posts everyday, but since I want to do personals, and don't have time, I don't. I'll try this weekend. I just wanted to say to all the newbies, and to everyone else
I managed to lose the 4.2 lbs I gained the last ten days of December, and the chocolate cravings that resurfaced have gone back into hibernation I'm finding it hard to get back in the work out groove, though.

SANDYE is crazy busy with purging/organizing/crafting. She'll be back!

Have a great Thursday, everyone!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:02 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

LaurenA Yes it is very nice to have such a great relationship with my husband. On the downfall of that he is my biggest support when we lose weight together but he will also never tell me no and we will gain wait together LOL
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

Height: 5'9"

Ok, I'm in . Hoping to lose 8 lbs. this month, wish me luck!

Starting weight 274
WL for this challenge 7lbs.

Jan 1 - 273
Jan 8 - I've been sick this entire month and bloated up with fluid so no wl for me
Jan 15
Jan 22 - the doc assures me that the water weight WILL come off, just stick to plan and be patient! UGH!!!!!
Jan 31 - 267 Wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by bigmomma; 02-02-2010 at 02:58 PM.
bigmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:27 AM   #126  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Everyone!

nellonello Definitely drink your water! It'll make all the difference in the world!

Msp Look at you kicking butt at losing all that Christmas weight! Hope you feel better soon, it's no fun being sick.

Meredith You're in good company, man many many of us are scale addicts. Myself included. Congrats on the weight loss!

mystical Awesome! You sound like you're doing great and you've really made me consider talking to a dietician myself. Definitely something to ponder. The one thing that's motivating me the most about my running is that I've NEVER been able to run. I've never been able to run a mile and now that I'm running 2-3 miles or more at a time, it seems like I must be cheating somehow. Silly, I know but that's what makes me do it again and again.

Dixiemae Congrats on that BMI!!! I wish mine was that low! Great job on the weight loss!

LTTG So great to see you! Thanks for the update on Sandye. Way to go at losing the holiday weight and kicking those chocolate cravings to the curb! Amazing how easily they come back, isn't it? You'd think once you got them gone, they'd have the good sense to STAY gone!

Well, it's a snow day for me... school was called off. Thank goodness because I don't like driving in this ick. Scale had me at 181.6 this morning which seems pretty impossible but naturally I can't wait to see if that holds for tomorrow. I'm not sure how many calories I've been eating the last couple days but I do know I've fallen way under my 1800, probably more around 1300 for the last couple of days and yeah.. I guess that would put me at a pound lost. Still, I'm suspicious (as I always am of any weight loss... you'd think I'd learn by now). Anyway I'm nearing the end of the 180's and man does that feel great. I totally remember watching the biggest loser and when they showed one girl now she weighed 188 and I was like "man, that could be me sometime soon." And now I'm heading towards goal! Can't even begin to tell you guys how this feels... but I'm sure some of you know.

Have a great day!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #127  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Hey girls!!! I'm here - finally!!!! Been in a tizzy since getting back from vacation on Sunday.

I'll get back for personals because I have a lot of reading to do. I just wanted to let you know I didn't abandon you!

Quick check in for me: Maintained over Xmas and our vacation to NY. Scale is moving down again today 163.2. I'm ready to say bye-bye to these 160's. They've been hanging around for far too long. Did some weights last night. Plan on some cardio tonight. I'm ready to kick this new year into high gear and get to goal.

Shrinking Girl - Wanted to add, your new pic is great!!! I can totally see a difference in your face from the last pic! Enjoy the snow day!

Last edited by Nella; 01-07-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:11 AM   #128  
Go Blue Team!

Oh, I need to pick a goal! Ms. P put me down for 8 pounds this month please. Started at 165.6 on Jan 4.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

The scale says 164 this morning. Its been slow going, been sick since Christmas eve. Head cold and flu. Then my purse got stolen. Its been a time. Thank goodness I had my drivers licenes and library cards in my pocket. I cancled my bank acount and opened a new one. my Check book was in my purse. insurance cards etc had to be cancled and new ones issued. What little money I had is all gone. It was a nasty time. But any way my weight is down, headed for 159
Dixiemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #130  
Starting to lose

S/C/G: 298/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Ah, the scale...love it when it's down...just kind of "eh" when it's a maintain...but that's the peril of weighing every day...I'm going to stop weighing in until Monday now, but at least I know I have to remain vigilant. I did get to the gym this morning for some cardio and weight training. I did have some diet sweets yesterday, which might have contributed to my lack of loss...just need to avoid those

Dixiemae - Bummer about the lost wallet..that always sucks....
shea5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #131  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hello All!

Nella-Glad you're back! How was the trip? You did pretty well to maintain during holidays and a trip!! Awesome!

Dixiemae-Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry to hear about getting your purse stolen. What a nightmare! On the upside, you are still working toward this month's goal and not giving up. Keep up the good work!

Shea-I weigh frequently, so I'm pretty sure I'd hate waiting several days to weigh-in. Good for you for being able to do it. Once I hit goal and maintenance, I plan to weigh only once a week or so just to keep myself in line, but I'm not there yet!

SG-Thankfully, the sickness is basically gone now. I wish I was kicking the holiday weight's butt. Unfortunately it's kicking mine! I'm still up a couple pounds from my low in December. I'm on the doorstep of reaching my final goal but I'm experiencing the consequences of a week+ off exercise and good food choices...so not much scale movement. LOL Seriously, I bet it'll be gone by next week, and I'm not in a huge rush since I feel great and know I'm eating right and exercising again.

bigmomma and Nella-I'll get you girls on the list once I post it on the next page.

No love from the scale today despite being OP yesterday and even resisting a candy bar when DH had one. Shouldn't I earn a loss for that reason alone?! Oh well, onward and downward! Another healthy day on schedule for today. I've gotten my workouts in, though I chose a shorter strength workout today since I still have some muscle soreness from Monday...how sad is that?!? Anyway, I'm feeling much better and my cold is pretty well gone. Week 1 of January is about done and it's time to make sure we're still on-track for those goals! Don't quit now!!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 01-07-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:19 PM   #132  
Sing it

S/C/G: 197.4(07)/175 (10)/170.2/161

Height: 5'4"

1/1: 175
1/6: 173 (scale read in at 171 but then again, it's TOM and my New Year's festivities). for an extra 300 calories some day soon! Maybe this weekend!!!
hotstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #133  
Go Blue Team!

So minor happy news here:

Entered my stuff on Fitday from yesterday. Right on target! I had 3 calories to spare, lol. But the better part was at 163.2 I am now considered in the "overweight" category, no longer "obese" ! I still think the BMI is stupid and doesn't take into account muscle mass, bone mass, amongst other things. But it will feel good for the computer/ Wii to stop telling me I'm obese!

Ok, carry on folks
Old 01-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 129/see ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

We finished our first week of Jan today! I love the motivation on this thread.

The scale hasn't moved since my last post, but I'm still down one; better than being back up!!!
Taurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5"9

Hi! Im late in joining this team, I hope that's alright. I only found out about this website this week.

If joining late's no problem: my goal for February 1st is 205 - I am currently 215.8 (last weigh in was January 1st)

Looking forward to reaching our goals together!
ilunikavi is offline   Reply With Quote