January Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 26
Go to
  • Happy New Year everyone!!

Well I have had a slow two months so time to kick it back into gear. I have done well over the holiday (scale wise and not sure how) I am up 2lbs then back down the 2lbs over and over but I'll take the 2.
    For January I would like to get to onederland so that would be 7-9lbs depending on weigh in tomorrow.
  • Is there anyone else here who is not weighing in until the end of Jan? I was at 1800 cals and then dropped it down to 1500 yesterday because I wasn't losing after almost 2 weeks. I had to have my dd hide my scale because I am a compulsive weigh-er. Now I REALLY want to know if the 1500 is working.
  • January.
    I am a new user and this is my first post! I am very optimistic about losing weight! My ultimate goal is 60 pounds but for this month I hope to lose 8 pounds. Wish me luck!
  • Hi everyone!

I've been tracking my calories in/out and I've only been making an average of -250 calories a day. No wonder I'm losing soooo painfully slowly. I guess the problem with the holidays is all the dinner parties, etc.

This January my goal is to make 500 calories deficit a day. Hopefully then I'll reach my 5 lb goal weight loss for the month.
  • Happy New Year!!!!

I am in for 9 pounds for the month that would put me at 129!!! Good luck to everyone!!!
  • I'm in! It's been a LONG time since I decided to lose weight...almost 3years. I've kept off almost all of what I lost, but this New Year's Eve made me realize how much I'm missing out of life. So, here's to starting a new decade with an improved me!

I'm planning on 8 pounds for the month of January. The plan includes eating approx. 1500 calories per day and training for a Valentine's Day 5K Run. For every weigh in I keep to the plan, I get a and an extra 300 calories.

1/1: 175
    1/6:171.6
    1/9:170.2 (4.4 lbs!!!)
    1/13:
    1/16:
    1/20:
    1/23:
    1/27:
    1/31:
  • Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to check in while I still have the time to do so. I did brave the cramps and the firgid cold to go to Curves yesterday and boy was I glad I did. My hips had been sore from Friday's run and the exercise really limbered me up again and made me feel much better.

I did step on the scale today and I'm totally hoping once TOM leaves I'll get a small loss of weight but otherwise I've pretty much maintained for the last half of the month of December which I guess is both good and bad.

I go back to work tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to getting back to a normal routine!

Here's to a great OP day for everyone!
  • I'm new and have a lot to lose so I'm going for a 15 lb weight lose this month.

1/1/10 298 start weight; started taking walks daily
    1/3/10 first day to change eating habits
    1/10/10
    1/17/10
    1/24/10
    1/31/10 weigh in at 281.5

Forgot to pst inbetween...but I lost 16.5 lbs in January!
  • Hey Ladies!

The last few days I haven't been OP, but I don't feel hopeless. I just wanted to check in really quick! Hope you ladies have had a great start!

<3 We Can Do It Ladies!
  • Checking In...

Jan. 3rd:
    OP - Yes
    Exercise - Yes

Everything is going great! I will weigh-in tomorrow!
  • I am in! I am hoping to lose 6 pounds this month. I also hope to fit into my size 34 jeans again
  • Would like to join this thread if I may.

Goal for this month is to lose 8 pounds
    and to exercise at least 20 mins. daily.
  • Count me in for a 10 pound loss for the month of January. Currently I'm 160 so, hopefully at the end of the month I'll be 150!!! It's time to start fresh!! I'll give myself one of these for every 5 pounds i lose. I'm new here, but I'm already loving all the people. they are so warm, helpful and supportive!!!
  • Hi, I am also a newbie. Please put me down for 10 pounds for January. 220 to 210. : )
  • all of you keep up the good work!!!