January Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 26
Go to
  • I'm In.
    I started a weight loss challenge at work and at the gym so I need to get moving!
    my goal-----10 pounds gone in January !
    let's go!
  • I'm in too! My goal is to get to 119 lbs. I feel the bigger the loss the more motivated I'll be. Hopefully!
  • I'm in! I want to lose the 10 lbs I gained over the last couple of months. Yikes! 135 by the end of Jan.
  • I know I can't do 10 lbs like some of you chicks (it's *ell gettin' old!) 5 lbs would put me in a new decade oops- need to change my ticker, but I'm really hoping for 7. I'll call my goal 6 lbs for January. Let's go, chickies!!
  • I'm new and jumping in to go for 7 lbs!
  • What a goof! I started the thread and then completely forgot to post MY goals! LOL

Anyway, here it is:

1. Fit comfortably into 6's
    2. Reach and maintain body fat of 24% or less
  • Ok. so I know that this has been my goal for 2 challenges but this is really gonna be it.

228 by the 31st of january. That would put me at 50 pounds lost. With a body fat % below 40. A tough chore, but attainable.

Now my starting number that is a question. TOM is here. He is showing no mercy this month. Almost like he is punishing me or something. Any who....... 228 is it. I am done saying I will do it. I need to just do it.
  • Quote: Delphi - you're a wild woman, holy crap! Glad you're back showing us how it's done.
    Yeah, well the other challenge with the guys is the first one to lose 20lbs wins. And going up against guys is hard enough, all they have to do is sneeze and they lose five pounds. So I figure its very doable to do 10 pounds this month, especially after the few months I've had and my calories being so high, getting back on track, should be quite the boost to the metabolism and hopefully it will work with me this time around. Hoorah!

And to all the new comers. Good to have you aboard!
  • Like several of you on this list, I really WANT to lose weight but how many times have I tried and gone off track? Too many to count. I made too close of a friend of Haagen Dazs ice cream this fall (dulce de leche is SO good when you're stressed out!), so I've hit my all time max again and am determined to get it off!! So my January goal is to eat fruits, veggies, beans and whole grains every single day so I lose weight. No idea how much I can lose, but I'm aiming for superb nutrition and a low glycemic diet because in the past weight has simply fallen off if I do that. Good luck to everyone, and see you on the January exercise challenge thread too!
  • Right, after a fairly disasterous 2009 I'm giving it a go again.

I will also go for a goal of 10lbs so that I hope to weigh 148.8lbs at the end of the month.
  • New to the thread!

My goal is going to be 15lbs! I need to really get a good kick start to this weight loss to motivate me, so 15lbs is about 2lbs a week... still healthy and doable, but I'm getting ready to kick my own a** this month with exercise!
  • I hear ya ladies, it's time to get motivated and commit ourselves to getting our butts, firmly back on the wagon. Make no mistake, some days won't be easy, but we will persevere. It's time to take control of our choices. So lets make January one for the record books.
  • Ok. So TOM has put the scale at 243.6. What a jerk. Doesn't have anything to do with the crappy food that I have been putting in my mouth either.

So, Here is day 1. Worked out good. did a lot of strength training with the physical therapist. Now to do alot of cleaning in the house. That should help.
  • Hey, another Newby here, but ready for a little jump start to start my year right. I've been working hard at putting a plan in place, for both exercise and eating, so I'm going to set a pretty high goal for the month: 14 lbs That's exactly the weight I put on over the holidays, so I'm determined to take it off just as quickly

1/1/10: 258
    1/3/10: 255.4
    1/10/10: 253.2
    1/17/10:
    1/24/10:
    1/31/10:
  • So I hit 275 near the end of the month, but sadly by today I am back to 278. So I guess by the end of January I want to be to at least 271. 7 pounds isn't the hardest, but being motivated when I'm not in school just isn't happening.