Old 11-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #1  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Talking December Weight Loss Challenge

Here is to a healthy and happy December to us all!

Hope to see everyone from our previous months and also any newcomers who may be joining us. All are welcome : ).

You know the drill girls! Just state your goal, whether it be a loss in pounds, inches, size, or even an intangible feeling! The sky is the limit! You need not state your weight if you feel uncomfortable, just your goal, even if that goal is to maintain or whatever the case may be. Though the thread is titled "weight loss" please bear in mind that the overall goal is toward a healthier us and so your goal may not be revolved around weight loss, it may be maintenance, eating healthier, and/or kicking a soda habit...whatever the case may be.

Note: We try to keep a members list with our goals and if/when those goals are met, we put red print and goal met next to our goals. Please don't feel bad if/when you may not reach a specific number, goal, etc. Always remember that making positive changes along the way (the journey) are wonderful accomplishments in and of themselves .

Monthly weight loss challenge FAQ's

Do we weigh in on a certain day and how frequently? We don't have a specific WI day and WI on the day we choose. Many of the girls WI on the first day of the month and that ends up being the WI day for the month while others get WI on specific days, etc. How frequently we weigh in is a personal matter and specific to each of our own indivual needs. Daily WI's for some of the girls work great for them, while others prefer to WI weekly, bi-weekly, etc.

Do we need to post personals? Absolutely not ladies. Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't . We are a large group and it is difficult to post personals sometimes. The time just does not exist sometimes. If you don't have time for personals it's okay.....post away

What does OP mean, DH, etc. ? We often use the typical abbreviations here. OP means on plan. DH means dear husband, DD means dear daughter, DS is dear son, WI means weigh In, TOM means that time of month, and kwim means know what I mean.

Is everyone on a specific plan? We all have various plans. Some of us are on WW, South Beach, our own plans, etc. Though we do believe in and follow the guideline of not going below 1,200 cals a day and along these lines also strive to follow the site guidelines.

What day do we count our loss, the last day of the month or the first of the following month? Either way. Most girls report their loss the last day of the month and if they have another loss that following morning (on the first) they either add it to the current months total loss or roll it over to the new month. Think of it as a bonus day .

I look forward to an exciting month with lots of challenges and lots more victories!! Let's GO!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Oh do I need this this month!

Okay, I'm not gunna shoot for the moon this month because I know I won't be POP 100% of the time so I'll just say...

Keep my weight between 130-135
Eat OP at least 85% of the month
Keep binging to a bare minimum

There, I think that's realistic enough. I know there will be fudge and cookies and pies and, and, and...I'm not going to deprive myself all the holiday goodies just because I'm focusing on eating healthy and exercising ya know?

I'll be striving to be like 'normal' ( whatever that means ) people who put on a few pounds during the holidays and then lose them in January--kwim?

I won't be posting daily this month, as I'm sure many of us won't, but I'll be here for sure!!! Here's to a FANTASTIC December ladies!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #3  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm in again this month and because I didn't reach my November goal once again I will be aiming for onderland.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Ok....so NOvember went better than December. I sit here this morning, feeling better than I have in 2 weeks. Finally.....and then what happens, TOM!!!! Ok. That is alright. I will be fine. So, I lost 8 pounds in NOvember. This is Christmas and all, but I want to make a big goal, so I am shooting for 228 this month. I am starting at 239.4 today. Let's make some magic!!! Best wishes and dishes to you all. I have 4 exams these next 2 weeks, so wish me luck!!! Then I have no class for 3 1/2 weeks. whoot!!! If I hit my 228 goal....That will be 50 pounds gotten rid of for me. Only 53 more to go in my quest. Oh yeah!!!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #5  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

204.8, shooting for 195. Come on, ONEDERLAND!
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #6  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Well, I don't know for sure what to put in here....I know my weight loss is slowing down a bit so I don't want to set myself up for failure... however I don't want to set myself up for eating like crazy. That being said, there are treats I definitely want to partake in this Christmas, though not in an all out crazed eating fest. I also know Curves will be closed for like a week at the tail end of the month.

Sooooo I think 5 lbs lost is my goal. I think that's good, most people gain weight over the holidays, so 5 lbs lost isn't so bad. That would put me at 185... which seems so low! Yay!

good luck everyone!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #7  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

I am all in...

209 this morning and want to see 199 this month

So 10 pounds!!
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #8  
Queen of Rationalization

S/C/G: 260/257/135

Height: 5'3

hi everyone.

I'm new, but aiming for 10 lbs
c_laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #9  
Mission to maintenance!

S/C/G: 227/150/145

Height: 5'9

I was able to meet my November goal, so I'm hoping to be able to achieve my December one as well!

I'd like to lose 10 lbs, & see 182 by the end of the month!

Good luck everyone!
LBLAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #10  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

I'm aiming for 10 lbs., shooting for 255 as I did not get there last month.

Also, no missed Weight Watchers Meetings this month!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #11  
Fiercely Determined Chick

S/C/G: 217/see ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

I didn't make my November goal, so will try harder this month...

Starting 196
Goal 185
Pounds to lose: 11

Best of luck to everyone (me included)!

Jen
AFChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Well Hello everyone, I haven't logged in since July. WOW I am proud to see some old friends. I haven't seen Delphie though. I have been working at a stressfull job so I have not been able to get involved. I miss this though and I totally am disscusted at myself for not being able to stick with this because of lifes overloads. I see some of you that wieghed about the same as I did in July and now your like in the 130s. GOSH I am back in and I weighed this morning. I totally pigged out for Thanksgiving and I am committed to losing at least 12 pounds for the month of December. I am hoping to get my daughter involved it will help her. WISH ME LUCK see ya soon
Blondie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #13  
Peace. Love. Balance

S/C/G: 199/128/125 (new goal of 115)

Height: 5'3

I'll join if that's okay. I'm trying to loose this last bit of weight and have been maintaining around 140 lbs for a long time now and I'm tired of just lollygagging here. I'm hoping to lose 8lbs this December, I know this is going to be pushing it but, I know I have it within me- I bought my new years eve dress a size smaller, it's a little tight on me right now, I need to change that.

Current weight: 140 lbs
Goal: 132 lbs
bananapancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:53 AM   #14  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Hey Ladies!

I think I'm going to keep my last month's goal. I want to get to 205.

<3 We Can Do It Ladies!
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:30 AM   #15  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Hello girls! December is a tough month.... that said, i'm feeling very motivated this year!! My goal will be to come out of the other side of Christmas with a loss of 6 pounds, putting me at 179. That will take a lot of work in the gym and in will-power!!

We can do it!!

jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote