Old 12-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #106  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi chicks!

Well day 4 - all clean. I have seriously not ate anything not planned or junk food in 4 days. I think what made it easier is that I am allowing myself to drink coke zero, I will wean off it when I finally start seeing some results and I eat unsalted organic peanuts in the shells in the afternoon when I crave crunchy food. It takes me a long time to even eat a handful and it keeps my mind and hands busy I am down 2 pounds I had an awesome workout this morning and got home from work at 7PM - overall - good day

Tomorrow I have a training session, work and some other random stuff. Taking it easy. I am starting to feel burnt out so I need to move away from that!

Lindy - good to see you back on here. Sorry to hear that you are sick, lots going on for you lately...but you are a strong cookie!! And congrats on the 5 pounds you will be in the 150's before you know it - that's so awesome!

Dance - sounds like the reno's are moving along nicely - that's great!! I love doing stuff like that!! Hope you had a good workout tonight too!

AJ - maybe going home will help reset you back on track...I agree when I'm a mess, my house is a mess, my eating is bad, etc etc. They all are linked together. Being homesick is really hard!

Popcorn - congrats on the scale, I so agree with you, I try to stay off it as much as I can...I weighed in today and then not again until Sunday. Glad to hear you're feeling skinny - that's usually a pretty good sign! Did you get your workout in?!?!

Hopefalls - how did the cookie baking go - good on setting limits and allowing yourself something..to think you could be around that and not have something would be too hard to even think about!!

Well although it's only 7:30, I feel ready for bed. I want to go outside and do something but I have a few cravings and I'm scared to leave the house! So I will just stay in and do some reading

Goodnight girls - have a good day tomorrow!!!

What a great group of girls...

Lindy - so good to see you on here, I keep up on FB a bit but nothing like 'home' here!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hopefalls-woohoo for having to get your ring resized. I had to do that. I went from a size 9 to a 7. Now the 7 is getting big. Remember only 2 cookies tomorrow, you can do. Keep that gum with you.

Rockymtn-I like dances idea of hummus, yum. A good place to look is eatingwell.com

Popcorn-BIG yay for you being able to stay away from the scale, I cant seem to do it. I am obsessed right now.

Staccie-its amazing what a good workout can do for you. Hope work wasnt too stressful today.

Lindy- LOL. Glad you are back and still losing. Hope you are feeling better. A hernia and melanoma, hope all goes well with all that. SO sorry to hear about your friend. She was so young.

Dance-thanks, thats a pic from a couple years ago. Sounds like all your house stuff is moving along, hopefully smoothly.

AJ-my house was a mess today too. I told my SIL it wa horrible but I just didnt have the motivation to get up and do anything about it. BUT i finally got my butt up and started. Got the kitchen and living room done, even rearranged my furniture. Plus I got all the laundry done. Housework is a good workout.

Got my secret santa gift today. Got a hot chocolate maker, really wanted the Paula Deen one but couldnt find it anywhere. Oh well.

I motivated my best friend to start losing weight with me back in October and since then she has lost 8 lbs, so proud of her. She has a stressful job and a sick mother so she is doing fantastic.

Gotta take my SIL christmas shopping tomorrow, she hates driving in the snow, so I am doing my good deed for the day. I know shes gonna want to go to Walmart, I hate that place.

Did good food wise today. Took a rest day with exercise, gonna get back to it tomorrow. I am sick of seeing 201. 11 days to lose those next 2 lbs. I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!! Have a great night girls.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

staccie - woohoo for 2lbs! Great job! I totally agree on the tackle the diet soda issues later - that really helped me to get through the bulk of my weight loss this summer.

aj -love the idea of a walk when you get here!!

burgundy - keep up the good work and you will have the nicest xmas present to yourself ever! way to go!

Having a bit of a hard time here - TOM and salt and chocolate cravings and I think I'm coming down with a cold. I'm sucking on zinc lozenges (yuck!) but had to cancel plans with my bf tonight as I don't want to get him sick right before he leaves on his family vacation. Little bit of a poor poor pitifull me moment but I'm trying to shake it off. Will drown my sorrows tonight in chicken soup and working on spreadsheets in front of HGTV remodeling shows. And laundry, how exciting.

Hope you all have much more interesting plans than I do!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 161.2/161.2/130.0

Height: 5f3

Wink

im doin asome it's just that my computer has been acting funny so i have not been on so much but some how i guess it fixed its self & its so weird cuz look different i dyied my hair ill try and get a new pick as soon as im done burgandy-popcorn-staccie-dance-aj and all of u girls u guys seem to be doin good idk if i have i mean ive been workin out i geuss well have to seewhen i way tommorrow anyway keep up the good work
Kitty13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #110  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi all...I know, I know, it's been awhile, but I promise to start logging on here more.

Burgundy: You are doing so great!! Onederland is so close! I'm so proud of you!

Lindy: Glad you are back...of course, I've been gone for awhile as well. I've been sick like you, and am still under the weather. Man, I hate this time of year. I get up in the morning and it's -20 with the wind chill and bundling up me and Madeline...not fun! Maybe I need to move to FL. So sorry to hear about your friend. That's tough. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Well...I haven't worked out in a month due to my back. I think I'm doing ok now. I'm back with Hott trainer tomorrow so we'll see how that goes. I saw him at a restaurant this week and we had a great conversation. He may be leaving the gym though! He did say that he was going to do "home training" so I could get a discount with that, so we're probably going to go that route.

Also...exciting news...I hit the 50 pounds lost mark! Which is amazing since I really haven't been watching what I'm eating as much as I should be, but it shows that you can eat what you want and still maintain. Now that I am over the halfway point to my goal, I am re-committing myself 100% to weight loss. I have to, I've been doing so well, I just can't keep "slipping up" and skipping the gym, no matter how cold it is. Once Hott trainer leaves my gym, I'm going to join a gym closer to home so I don't have to drive as far.

Ok, since I missed so much there's no way I can catch up, so I'll keep up going forward and take notes. Talk to you all soon!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:16 AM   #111  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Hi all,

Well day 5 - all good. Awesome workout and I was surronded by hellish christmas party food and I never had anything...it was a bit hard but worth it. I maybe had a few more peanuts than I should have but hey, better that than a bunch of sweets!! I have two parties next week and I'm going to not eat crap, but I am going to have a few drinks so I need to ensure I allot for that in my calories. Since I am pretty much drunk off two, it's only like 300 calories lol.

Work is stressful but I gotta tell ya I am having the time of my life. It's amazing to be a part of this. I am going to start a blog in January and you will all have to check in - behind the scenes for the Olympics!! I want to document this for myself and all those that have supported me and will continue to during probably the most stressful but fantastic career opportunity of my life.

What are you all up to this weekend? I'm working out, volunteering on Saturday and working of course. I am not doing much because I have two outings next week. It's 10PM on Friday and I am so heading to bed. I am looking forward to sleeping in a bit too.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:42 AM   #112  

morning, girls! So glad it's the weekend!

staccie - good job at the party!! I'm psyched for your weigh-in tomorrow - I'm sure that ticker will be on the move.

maddiesmom - wow, that's seriously cold! Brrr! And major congrats on 50 lbs - that is one heck of an achievement and we're all so proud of you!!

kitty - curious to see what the new hair looks like - what color is it?

Things are getting a bit better here - I think I shook off the cold and I'm getting ready to go on a walk with a buddy so I'll get the exercise part out of the way early today. It's supposed to be warmer today so I'll be moving stuff around in the garage to be able to accomodate the old appliances when the new ones come on Tuesday. And packing up some boxes. And working on more spreadsheets. And after what I hope will be a spurt of productivity, my bf's coming over and we'll make a healthy dinner in my now all-white kitchen. I'm thinking salmon, broccoli, spinach and maybe brown rice.

What's everyone else up to? Hope you're all doing okay resisting the holiday temptations - it's tough out there
Old 12-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #113  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Dance: Can I come over for dinner? LOL You are one very busy lady! Good luck with the appliances, exercise, etc. Busy hands means no time to eat!

Well, day has been ok so far. I went to the gym and worked with Hott trainer, and bought more sessions...boy was I duped into that! I was only going to buy 4, but they would be $65/hr. They had a special where I could get 20 sessions for $998 and they had a 3 month payment plan so I wouldn't feel the hit all at once. I told my trainer that if he left before I used them up, he was dead meat! He gave me a good workout though...super nice guy (and nice to look at as well).

I'm not doing too much today...grocery shopping with my hubby and baby and then baking for a few Christmas parties I have coming up. The nice thing is that I don't usually eat what I bake, so I'm ok in that department.

Hope everyone is doing well.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #114  

maddiesmom - think of it as a long term commitment to getting and staying in shape - you are totally worth the investment!!!

Productivity spurt went really well - got lots done on house and work stuff and have talked the bf into another walk this afternoon on top of my morning outing. Hope you all are keeping it skinny!
Old 12-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Hi all! Glad you are resisting holiday temptations (except peanuts) and being productive!

Staccie- You always say you are jsut gonna have two but..... *duh duh duhhhhnnn* I hope you enjoy your evening. You deserve it!

Dance- I am so excited for you to get into a new house. A new start maybe? Are things really better with bf?

Vicky- I don't really eat what I bake or really cook either! I have never met another like that. I love to entertain but by the time I am done baking I don't usually want any. Its for others =) Good for you!!

I went to the store to restock the pantry with healthful food. Got lots. Back into 13s =( Its okay I am really getting back into the swing of things and it will happen. A new year coming up! A new skinny year!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #116  
Brown Eyed Staccie

No more peanuts for SP I od'ed on peanuts today - ewww
Old 12-12-2009, 11:09 PM   #117  

Love the peanut OD!

AJ - woohoo for fitting into your skinny clothes!! And yes, things are good for the moment but I know it will all change again in an unknowable amount of time - it's just what comes with hanging out with a guy with mood issues but it's what I chose and I can't imagine life without him.

Okay, minor food goof - I had some starbursts after dinner as a treat and now feel a little ill - oops!

Hope you all are doing well!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Dance- =*( I am up to a 13 from an 11! And LOL to starburst. Out of all the worlds sweets that really is not a HORRIBLE one. But I get it. And I get not being able to live with out them I got Davey to start an anti depressant/anxiety drug about a week ago and I can already tell the dif! Thank GOD!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:10 AM   #119  
Brown Eyed Staccie

I had a shortbread cookie but made myself walk 3 miles because of it and I was not impressed cause it's cold out and I had to wear mitts and hat and I put 10 cans of soup in my backpack. That cookie, it wasn't worth it. But I only ate one and I got one without chocolate. I haven't had chocolate in six days, that is the first time ever. I believe chocolate is evil right now. Once I get a better handle on myself I can have some from time to time. But for now, it's on the not allowed list. I will let myself have one cookie a week - I think that is reasonable. It's Christmas and I love shortbread so much and it reminds me of my dad and that is always good.

AJ - you'll get back into those 11's - I bet after a refreshing vacation at home you will be totally refreshed too! And good to hear about Davey - that can make a world of difference - I hope it continues to improve. Since going off mine, it's been I think about three weeks now...I will cry at the drop of a hat but everything else is going ok. I seriously tear up at least six times a day, it's kind of pathetic. But I will take that over the weight gain, losing my hair and dizziness!!

Dance - the sugar doesn't agree with your body anymore...it's like - eww get that sh*t out of me!!!

Vicky - must have felt good to get back to the gym today!!! That's awesome. Unlike you, I picked a not so hot trainer - I have a tendency to be bad with a hot one I am just about out of sessions too - and I will probably buy some more - they hurt the pocketbook - $90.00 - ouch but they seem to be a good contributor...even if it's more just psychological.

Well it's 10PM and I'm heading to bed. I like getting a decent amount of sleep at night these days. This won't happen during the Olympics when I am getting home at 330AM and back to work for noon and that's only if nothing goes wrong...but I can take naps just about anywhere and I secured a nice leather couch for my office - ahhhh!!!!

Weigh in tomorrow...hope I'm down three but if not, I can already feel the difference...I can see my ab dimples hard core right now and I love it!!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #120  
Portion Control

Good morning.

I am down 2 lbs. to 151.5.

I had thought it might be more but at least it is moving in the right direction.

Yesterday was a bad day eating wise and I didn't exercise. I feel like crap today and it started last night all I did was sleep. I am afraid I am getting sick - throat feels like I have phlem hanging on it causing me to cough and I am achey. I think that is why I ate bad yesterday, I always eat when I don't feel good.

Oh well, I will try to get back on track with Staccie and Dancer and the rest of you people who are moving and staying on track.

I will try to eat better today.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote