3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Weight Loss Buddies VI

Old 12-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #76

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

yea you Denver girls are taking over!!! Welcome Rocky. Jump in with us. Its a little quiet now, but we usually post up a storm.

I havent worked out yet. I really need to get up and do something. Made turkey burgers for dinner, they were yummy. Have a little more christmas shopping to do and want it to be finished. My mom has pneumonia and may have to leave earlier than planned, not sure yet.

Hope everyone had a good Monday.

Minigoal:Get to 169 to be "overweight" BMI-wise
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #77
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Good morning ladies...

Quiet forum these days - bet it picks up after New Years I'm checking in before my extra long work day - I have to finish a project tonight that might take me to midnight But I got healthy snacks and stuff so I should be good!

Burgandy - turkey burgers, yum! I had turkey pasta last week and it was so great as I am not a big red meat eater.

Rocky - welcome, hopefully you stay - lots of people check in once and we never see them again

I feel good this morning after eating so cleanly yesterday...what a difference without any kind of junk and food sodium in my body. Keep it up, keep it up!! If i can get (no when I get through the whole week cause there is no if allowed), I know I will feel even better next week!!!

Well I hope everyone has a good Tuesday!! Stay away from the sugar treats and eat lots of oat and wheat (yes I can write such classy poems)

A moment on the lips is forever on the hips...lol - at least mine!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #78
Portion Control

Hey everyone. I have been running around like a chicken with my head chopped off trying to fit in three parties this past weekend, our hike and decorate the house top to bottom including 5 trees (don't ask - yes I am nuts). I wanted it done by yesterday so I could have my parents over for dinner. Every year my mom tells me how much she loves coming over to the house to look at our trees. She can be so depressed at times but especially at Christmas and it is a way to bring her some joy as there is not a lot that I can do for her.

I still have 2 sets of Christmas cards that I will be working on in the next week. Other than that and some shopping I am hoping to soak up some of this holiday spirit and avoid the pitfalls of baked goods. Until the boys come home then yikes.

I am really struggling to get back into an exercise routine. I think I got discouraged by how hard I worked before only to have my metabolism shut down. But that is no excuse for not exercising at all so I need to make an effort.

As for my recent weight loss of 4 lbs., thanks for all the kind words. If you recall, I mentioned that I lose more during the 3rd week of my hormonal cycle. Last week was that week and I decided to try to ride the wave - so to speak.

Burgundy - you are almost there to Onderland

Dancer - I am still trying to think of that holiday resolution. Honestly, I hate to set myself up for failure so I hate to say something obvious like NO SWEETS during the week. But I do love your idea.

AJ - We have got to get you back on track. We are all here for support - well maybe that is part of the problem. Everyone is so busy that there has not been enough activity on this thread. Still please let us know what we can do to help. You guys are the reason I joined this thread and am doing pretty good. BTW thanks for the update on Lindy.

Simple - I think you have done a great job losing 5 lbs. since this started. I like your resolution - my refrigerator and pantry call my name a lot too. LOL

Staccie - Kudos to you for being mean to the mean people. Sometimes it needs to be done. Don't feel bad about it and just take each day as it comes. You most certainly should not be embarrassed about the trainer. Hold your head up girlie and march your very deserving arse back into that gym.

Alyssa - Did I miss the update on your situation with the sleeping schedules at home? Hopefully DH realizes he needs to support you.

Okay did I miss anyone? Please forgive me if I did. Where are Neesy and Tiff?

Everyone have a good day. I will try to check in later.

AJ let's do this today. Pick a small attainable goal for the day.

One dumbbell for every 5 lbs lost

PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #79

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls.. wow.. this time of year is hectic. I will post more after the new year. OMG.. I just realized that the challenge will be up soon after that. It has gone by so quick. I haven't really been focusing much on my diet these past few weeks.. though I am still down 1lb for the week. I will be happy as long as I maintain through the holidays. My husband comes home next weekend..so I'm sure I will really be MIA then.. haha. Not much going on.. just working and keeping busy.
I'm so proud of all of you. You are doing awesome!

Long Term Goal

Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 PM   #80

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'2"

Neesy!- I didn't know your hubby could come home! Thats awesome.

I am doing okay today. I ate the usual bowl of frosted mini wheats for breakfast and I am going to walk 3 miles today. No excuses! And I am going to try to stick to water water water today!

Here is my goal. I want to do two work outs a day. One in the AM before 8 am and I want to do a small one in the evenings to wear me out. Not anything crazy. Just walking in the am and walk and weight in the evening. I want to start doing 2 shakes a day and only one bowl of cereal. And water or lemonade only. NO more soda. Not diet not anything!!!

ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #81

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

howdy girls - just a quick check in from me. Things are crazy - all my cabinets in the kitchen now have no doors as the painting guys just took them away and there's kitchen stuff in boxes all over my dining room and living room. Yikes - why am I doing this? I know it will all be worth it once I'm settled in the new place but it looks like things will be wild and crazy (not in a good way) for a bit. Not doing great foodwise but dumped the cookies I brought home from last night's cookie exchange in the garbage! Sorry to be all self-absorbed - I will catch up properly later.

Hang in there, ladies!!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:28 PM   #82

S/C/G: 170/150/135

Height: 5'3

i'm a newbie too somewhat ... who's doing which diet in here? i'm up for suggestions : ) so far have done ww in he past but more recent just kinda cut down calories and about two hrs a day at the gym no less than 5 times a week but am starting to lose motivation need someone to make me stay on track lol
Old 12-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #83

S/C/G: 161.2/161.2/130.0

Height: 5f3

Talking

hi girls hope u yall r doin goooooodddddd..????????
Kitty13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #84

Dance!-Great job with the cookies!! I need a good pantry clean out! I can't wait to meet you but if we need to wait a bit we can. I know life is crazyyyy for you right now!

cc- Welcome. I think most of us count calories or do modified ww.

Kitty- How are you?

Okay... another update. I ate a whole box of mac n cheese. Booooo! I can still stay in cals but I mean I am 100% starches.

Also I am thinking about going with my mom to serve in rwanda africa for a few months in an orphanage a friend runs. I just want something to do and I figure being with the children will help with my baby fever too!! Maybe I can lose weight too?!? Nothing set yet though. Working on it.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #85
Portion Control

AJ - that sounds like a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Dancer - good job on dumping the cookies.

CC - Welcome to the group. I am a calorie counter myself.

Kitty - I am doing pretty good right now as I got some exercise in tonight. How did your day go?

One dumbbell for every 5 lbs lost

PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #86

S/C/G: 250/SeeTracker/150

Height: 5'2''

Thanks for such a warm welcoming!!!!

Ajowens, going and helping an orphanage in Africa would be so amazing! I'd do everything you can to get to have that chance! I did a mission trip back in 2004 to the Bay Islands in Honduras and it was so great! I was on a small island without electricity, roads, cars, any of that stuff, and it really helps put life in perspective, plus so many precious kids, you can't beat those types of trips, always just spectacular!
And if you're having baby fever, going to an orphanage may not help the fever... may just have you trying to fit kids in your suitcase to take home
RockyMtnGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #87

S/C/G: 209/149/140

Burgundy- hope that you got your workout in. Turkey burgers? I've never had one. But I'm a veggie now, though I do eat seafood. My sister loves turkey burgers though =) Hope all is well with your mom... this time of the year is crazy hectic. Hope that you finished up your shopping!

Staccie- I know what you mean about eating clean. On the days I eat clean I feel like I'm on such a high, ya know? My body feels great and it's an amazing feeling. Especially that next morning on the scale! Love the poem ;D

Popcorn- Three parties? That's a lot! But I know the feeling. It's like every weekend is packed with a party or two, or shopping and wrapping. But I've been forcing time in for my workouts... I want my body to change and if I fall into my old patterns again it won't change for the good. I really hope you get in your exercise, sweetie!

Neesy- Congrats on the one pound lost. I think all of us hope to be able to at least maintain this time of year. Is your husband in the armed services? If so it will be nice to have him home! Hope you have an awesome rest of the week and hope to see you checking in =)

AJ- Make sure you are getting enough nutrients in your system. Love to see your drive, girl!No soda is an awesome goal. I don't drink much very often, maybe a glass every two weeks or so. You're doing great... can't wait to see how you do on your weigh in. An orphanage in rwanda? That would be amazing. Baby fever? I'm ready for one too! Hah... I should wait til after I get married to my fiance in 2011. I know by 2012 I better have a baby in this belly! ;D

Dancer- Proud of you for dumping the cookies. I was given some bon bons today and gave them to another girl at work. I will be making Christmas cookies with my mom on Friday. I'll be bringing some of them home, but will be keeping them out in my car to keep them cold so. I will be giving them away to people and having them at parties. I'm going to allow myself to eat two cookies while baking Friday. Bringing healthy snacks and gum so hopefully I can stick to my guns!

CCTRIBLE- I'm not on a set diet. Basically just healthier eating within reasonable calories. A basic day for me would be three egg whites and a yogurt for breakfast, a pear for a morning snack, a veggie burger w/ mustard, an apple, and a cottage cheese for lunch, a fiberone bar for a afternoon snack, and for dinner grilled tilapia with a spring green mix salad. I try to get into the gym for at least 9 hours a week. I've been doing great these last two weeks. Got in for a little over two hours today! Stay on track girl, it's worth it!

Quick update on me: Did great today. Food intake was stellar, and I did an hour on the stairmaster, and hour cycling class and 15 minute abs. Really worked for it today, and I hope to get at least an hour or an hour and a half in tomorrow. Would love to see at least a one pound drop from last week on Sunday! Well... off to watch the finale of Biggest Loser and veg out. Anyone else watching?

Jen
hopefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #88

S/C/G: 209/149/140

Rocky- I'm new to the group as well, so welcome! Hope that we get to know each other through these boards. Nice to be starting off with someone!

Jen
hopefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #89

Rocky- Hahaha! OMG I laughed out loud. I could see me doing that. Attempting to steal the children and smuggle them back with me =) I will bring Rayne one too cause she loves babies too!

Hopefalls!- I know! We have been married over 1 year and I am waiting for him to finish school. I want it NOW! I made him watch a baby story all day with me today, lol. He wants it just as bad... we just need income =)
When is your wedding and where?

Old 12-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #90
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi all,

Completely clean eating day 2 done - I am not amused because I forgot my power cord for my computer and need to do work - so it's an early start for me - ewww.

Lots on the forum today that is great, I read through and don't have time to comment right now as my computer is just about out of power but will check in tomorrow!
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.