Old 11-17-2009, 08:57 AM   #16  
Portion Control

Height: 5'3"

WEED went well yesterday. I wanted to crap out on my daily goal of ironing but then I remembered that I try to check in every day and that kept me motivated to do it.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 30 minutes of activity this evening
E - 1200 - 1300 calories
D - groom the dog

Any word from Nurse yet?
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #17  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hiya ladies. We survived a storm that blew through last night. Lucky for us we didn't even lose power. We had 50 mp winds with 75 gusts. It was crazy second storm like that in 12 hours.

I hope the gym has power I will be heading over there at 830. Kids have well child checkups today at 2. then home for swim lessons hurray.

Michelle, we are waiting to here from you.

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes
E 1200 clean cals
D fold a little laundry.

Workout is done. What is wrong with me, the workout I used to do in august that was getting too easy for me kicked my booty today. I am guessing that it is because I have increased my workouts so much that my muscle are just tired. Or is it my mind? I was getting in 3.25 miles in a workout with no problem, but now I struggle with just 3.11 (5k) whats up with that?

DH weighed in today and he has lost 2 pounds We both have 9 pounds to lose before our next disney vacation (march 15 ) So we are going to start competing. Me knowing full well that if he commits to his diet (he works out everyday already) he will lose it fast, and I am down to my last 9 so I will lose it slow. We are going to compete for a big screen plasma tv or a second and third trip to disneyland. (this will all come sometime in the summer after we have saved up te $$). I have practice on my side so wish me luck!!!

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-17-2009 at 01:11 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #18  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

tiara--you're beautiful-and i can see the difference in your face as you lost the weight (glad you're on the week 3 thread)

michelle--hope you hear good news!

kris--i hope you get TOM figured out--sounds like a hassle. it's worth checking with your doctor it sounds like

popcorn--another amazing week for you. i'm at 160 too and if i lose a pound a week i'm thrilled. it's so hard for me--what are you doing, because i'm going to try it!

shari--that's great you helped get your friend a job, it must be nice having some friends at your work

grazer--let me know if you find another podcast you like i'm always taking suggestions too

jeni--i like your competition with your husband if you win, it's disneyland?

well, i weighed in at 160.2...i'm not really upset, but i'd like to see the scale moving (wouldn't we all i suppose) . it was as low as 159.2 2 weeks ago and has been hovering at 160ish since then. i'm not complaining, but i'd love to see some progress. i need a jumpstart or something

W 64 didn't do well yesterday but i'm going to do it today
E pretty good but last night i didn't have dinner and ended up having a big snack late at night (not the best)
E go swim
D i'm on my way to pick up a vacuum (i know this doesn't sound exciting, but it is to me!) found one on craigslist for free! it's all part of my quest for clean (and i won't have to keep borrowing my neighbors vacuum)

talk to you all soon!
ella
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #19  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

jen...im glad u survived the storm... Ur bet with ur husband is a good one . I never went to disneyland but i imagen its a ton of fun... i hope u win...

e32...thank you for the words of encouragement its great to be back

w 64
e do something
e 1200
d fold clothes
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #20  

Hey Ladies -

I'm on my way out the door to pick up the boys but I'll do a quick weed:

W - 80+
E - 30 Day Shred tonight
E - 1200-1400 cals (1200 yesterday - yay!)
D - do something for myself tonight, perhaps a warm bath after the boys go to bed
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #21  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies, quick check in. . .Doctors appt went ok, I will vent later about it. Tommy is all set with his kindergarten vaccines YAY! but he had 5 today. We were able to get the H1N1 for him today too. Next month we will go in for the seasonal flu vaccine for him. Mak got her seasonal flu and hep A (she got her H1N1 at school on friday.)

Yes if I win it will be a 2nd AND 3rd trip to D-land (I love the place and would live there if I could.) Our annual trip is in March, I would love to get us annual passes so we can go back a few times this year, DH wants th TV we cant have both.

Gotta run to swim lessons.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Ugh, TOM is here. Not too bad eating despite it and managed to get to class tonight.

e32- I had a good laugh at the parts of car talk I listened to. I plan to download it so I can hear it all. Thanks!

Jcat- like your plan. I wonder if I could get DH to agree to something like that?

Popcorn- you just reminded me that I haven't done laundry since Sunday. Double Ugh!

Okay, gotta try to keep focused because TOM always knocks me down. For tomorrow:

W- 6-8 glasses
E- OP
E-nothing planned
D- I will survive.. (Love that song!)
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #23  
e32

grazer--i think car talk is funny and i usually learn stuff too. the two guys who host it have been doing it for years. hope you're having a good day

jeni--5 shots? ouch... i love disneyland too...hope you win the competition keep us posted

just had a minute so thought i'd pop back on here to say hi

today went well...did a lot of yard work which i can now check of the list of operation clean house the free vacuum was a bit of a disappointment, but i found a 20$ one i'm going to go look at tomorrow

have a good night ladies!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:52 AM   #24  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Well my weigh in is a little late this week. I normally have an official weigh in on Mondays but I had to stay at my boyfriend's house Sunday night so that I can babysit his sister's baby Monday (his sister had her gallbladder removed). So my official weigh in is today, and no suprise here, it stayed the same (175). I'm actually surprised I didn't gain. I didn't do to great with keeping track of calories toward the end of last week, and TOM should be coming tonight or tomorrow. I haven't been feeling good since last night, but I'm still gonna try to get some kind of exercising in. Hopefully they'll be a good loss next week!

Goals for Tomorrow:
W - 64 oz
E - 30 minutes on Wii in the morning, and walking 2-3 miles in the afternoon
E - 1400 calories
D - Take medicine and drink some hot tea for throat (I have a bad habit of not taking medicine no matter how bad I feel, I just don't like it lol)
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #25  
Portion Control

Yesterday's WEED went well. Although I chose to mall walk due to the rain but I logged approximately 4 miles.

e32 - In response to your question about what I am doing for my weight loss, I have been taking a Biggest Loser mentality to up my weight loss. What I mean by that is in the past I have always counted calories and increased my water intake along with exercising. But I realized that to shed so many pounds on the biggest loser they are working out a crazy amount of hours a day; almost like going to a job. So I thought rather than do 30-45 minutes of cardio a day what would happen if I set myself more towards 60-90 minutes of cardio a day. Not quite as intense as the Biggest Loser obviously but more than I would normally do. When I told this to my husband he told me that a gal he used to work with lost a lot of weight while dieting by going to the gym 2-3 hours a day. Certainly, most people's schedules wouldn't allow for that. I just thought that if I could up the intensity during this month just to kick start me then maybe I would stick with my diet. I expect that I will slow down this week on the weight loss and was really surprised to see so much on week 2.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 30 minutes of cardio
E - 1200 - 1300 calories
D - ironing

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by PopcornGal; 11-18-2009 at 09:42 AM.
PopcornGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #26  
Calorie Counter

Popcorn, I like your weightloss stategy. It really is a good one, it shows.

I don't have a lot of time for personals, I have to head off to drop Makenna off at school. Makenna's visit was okay. She is healthy and perfect and smart, everything you want to hear from a doctor. The pediatrician is new to us, ours retired last December and she took over the practice. This was the first time we had a well check up with her (first time Tommy saw her at all). Anyhow, I'm bothered that she told me that Mak is going to be an overweight teenager based on her growth chart and I need to put her in more activities. I told her we are in swimming, gymnastics, Tae Kwon Do. . .whatever else we are in at what time of year. I feel very defensive, but what if she is right? She is not height/weight proportionate, 75th percentile/84th percentile. She also told me she wants to keep a very close eye on her for diabetes, my old doctor would NEVER freak me out like this. He was my ped when I was a kid and very very practiced. Ok I got it out I am fine. I am not changing anything, she is very healthy and not overweight at all. breathe breath (Tommy BTW is in the 97th percentile for height and weight. very proportinate) Gotta run be back
Old 11-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #27  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning girls, I did my final body comps this morning for my bootcamp - weigh in was 193.6 . Thats 12.98 lbs down since start ( and I missed a week!). Not sure about body fat % but my trainer just called and said I killed it! I am at work, had to sneak on and share!!!!! Cross your fingers that I have the been change and get my next bootcamp FREE!!!!!!

BBL! Be Good.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #28  
Calorie Counter

Kris that is so totally awsome!!!! I am so happy for you. Keep the momentum up and use it to your advantage!!!

My workout is done. 45 minutes of cardio 20 minutes of weights. I ran for 30 minutes and did elliptical at resistance 10 for 15. I feel really good about this workout. I think I may do it for a month and see what it does for me. DH and I are taking a late class tonight, cardio kickboxing. its from 730-830, but something we can do together.
W 80 oz
E done
E1200 clean cals
D housework. I have a ton to do today.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #29  
e32

zoo--hope you feel better soon

popcorn--it does sound like a good plan, i'm so glad that you're seeing good results. last winter i did 2x a day workouts for a month and also saw good results...it's just hard to keep up with. i'm still going to try for that again once it gets colder (i'm actually more likely to go the gym when it sucks outside) thanks for sharing

jeni--that's really frustrating what your doc was saying about your daughters weight. everyone grows at different rates. if she's eating healthily, and playing actively, she's going to grow up into a healthy teenager and adult. i'm glad you're taking it in stride--i'd be annoyed too. your workout sounds good though

kris--way to go--12 pounds! that's awesome. hope you get the free bootcamp next time!

~~~~~~~~~~~

as far as it goes with me, i'm feeling a little blah...need to get moving. project clean house is going well which makes me feel pretty good. if i could just get out of here and go to the gym, that'd help too

W 64
E on my way to the gym :|
E need some healthy quick food ideas...also need to go to the store so i have more options than peanut butter toast
D clean house!
Old 11-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #30  
Calorie Counter

Ella, that first step to the gym is the hardest. Open the door and go, you wont regret it.

Getting ready for yet another big storm tonight. Okay not that big, but ready just in case. I rarely lose power, but 2 years ago we had a terrible storm that left us without power for two days (that was good most people were out for a week). So I am staying prepared just in case.