Old 11-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

Default Put your money where your mouth is challenge

I am tired of maintaining when I still have plenty left to lose. I do well during the week and then undo my hard work on Sunday (after I weigh in...) and have to re-lose the same pounds every week. The process is WAY too slow for my liking.

So I have been thinking about how to motivate myself and thought money would work.

My plan:
If I lose weight in a given week I will put $10 aside for myself to spend on me at a later time.
If I maintain or gain in a given week - I have to take $20 out of my pool and give it to the hubby for him to spend on something he wants (and likely something I don't want...) Perhaps you can set the money to be given to a charity or organization that you dislike?
I also will not allow myself days off weighing so that I don't let trips get in my way.
Just think you can have $80 to spend on yourself to ring in the New Year!

Anyone care to tag along with me on this challenge? See who can earn the most money for themselves?? You can choose any dollar amount that works for you. For me I think the penalty for not losing is high enough to motivate me. Hubby is on board with me on this idea and backs me with whatever will help me to lose weight.

My weigh in is on Sunday morning and last Sunday I was 232.2 so this week I best be below that so I can start building my pool.

If you don't care to join this challenge please follow along and see how much money I can save for myself (and see what I spend it on )

Last edited by econ nerd; 11-04-2009 at 12:55 PM.
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #2  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

I like this idea! I can never justify spending money on myself, but $10/ week seems like a reasonable amount to put away each week.

I'm in! $10 for me, $20 penalty.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

Yeah for joining me Nella
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/162.4/130

Height: 5'6

wow I was just thinking about doing the EXACT same thing. I love to spend money but feel guilty about it. But when I would have earned it in this awesome way there is nothing like it.

And I think the $10/week and $20 penalty is awesome.
Its even better that we all have the same rules so we can see who has earned the most at the end of the month or whtever. Or we can keep a track of who is winning and who is losing.

Its awesome -- like gambling -- only with wayy better odds.

I am down.

My weigh in will be tomorrow Saturday. I think it will be a good idea putting the $10 in the piggy bank tomorrow for the weight i lost so far. So I will start off with $10 in the piggy bank already tomorrow. And I will give the $20 penalty to my mom. She will be so happy!!! lol
sweettooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #5  
Be happy.

This is a really interesting challenge, how's it going?
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote