Old 09-14-2009, 05:30 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Default W.O.W. Boo! Halloween Challenge!~Week 2

Last week was absolutely GREAT! We made 85 posts! Lets do it again this week ladies!!

Seriously Kris, smoking? what happened?

Stats:
Week 1~148
Week 2~145

Ok so I realize that I have gone down at the scale (good I know) but I want to see that 142 and lower!

Ok anyone up to do MINI~Challenges this time around? I didn't think about it last week.

WEEK 2 Mini challenge: squats

I will do 12 squats a day (up from my normal 10 when I feel like it)
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning.

Kris, you do not want to have to quit again. I have been thinking about smoking again lately too. That is the thought that scares me.

W 100
E Crunches, walk at lunch, elliptical?
E OP
D I am worth it.

Last edited by mothermavis; 09-14-2009 at 06:32 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/244.2/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Monday

Kris - When I quit smoking it was on & off for about a year. My final time I quit I did everything. Step down patch, wellbutrin (brought in the dr for support), meditation, gave up coffee (for awhile only) & gave up friday nites out with hubby (this is where I would pick up again) and signed a contract with my daughter that I would quit. It's just as tough (if not tougher) than losing weight. I have not smoked in 10 years and can forget that I did. Hang in there and don't give up - I don't even think about smoking anymore! It's not a part of who I am at this time. Now if I can do this with eating and exercising.

Yesterdays WEED - on track except for exercise - why I have such a hard time getting out there and walking for 20 minutes - I'm somewhat embarrassed - it's not so much the exercising but going out. Today I will do it.

Todays -
W - 32 oz
E - portioned meals
E - walk for 20 min
D - Believe!!!!
waterlilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:31 AM   #4  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Running so late this morning, but I'll be back around noon or so to update. Good weekend, but Chinese food last night, small portion, but still. I actually saw a lower number Friday, but that's okay, no rush. It's still a BIG loss. Plus I'm pretty sure that 256 original weigh in was really bloated, coming off a two week binge.

I am so up for that challenge, let's throw in 15 crunches. so 12 squats and 15MMunches. Deal.

Be back later. Love to all oxoxoxo Michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #5  

Height: 4'11"

Hi Gals, I'm in for this challenge. I've been off plan for about 3 weeks, but not too badly, only gained 3lbs. I would really like to get to Onederland by Halloween. That's less than a pound a week, so seems reasonable to me!

W 48 oz (drank 1/2)
E OP 1500 cals (yes)
E Walk the dog 1 hour (45 min)
D Find a pleasure other than food. (Had my nails done)

Last edited by thinpossible; 09-15-2009 at 12:31 AM.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #6  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Morning ladies!
I'm gonna shoot for a 10 lb loss by halloween.

This past weekend i was very busy with a pajama party friday night, graduation saturday, and then the game yesterday. I was so tired and went to bed with a headache (it hasn't quite gone away) so I didn't do much of anything this past week. I am glad to be back in a challenge though.

I'm shooting for 5 walks, 2 resistance trainings this week. I want to get back to a c25k routine....may not be as fast as I used to be but I will do my best. Last time I tried it I couldn't make it thru the first workout...i ended up walking the rest of it off, hubs was worried b/c "you shouldn't be breathing THAT hard!!!!!"

Speaking of hubs, he's got some weight to lose by the end of the month.....so we're eating healthy.

Eating healthy....would you believe he enjoyed the low cal ball game snax yesterday? He actually said the hot wings I made were the best i'd ever made....so i'm happy

Ok i gotta run off to work......let's hope I don't lose my mind today. Friday was bad enough at the office...and my fortune cookie friday night said i'd be having a good change with work. I think the only good thing that could happen with work is if they let me go LOLOL
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #7  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Cough cough gag sputter!

Morning ladies.

I had a seriously case of anal glaucoma this morning. Couldn't see getting my arse to work on time. Made it in an hour late.

Week 1 209.6
Week 2 209.2 - considering I was wreck this week, I will take the .4

On track today though. At work ~ need to do work So I will be back tonight AFTER walking the dog, to post.

And on the smoking thing.... thank you. I know better. Its been yucky and I wake up exhausted. I'm over it. Mind over matter~

Last edited by Nixmom; 09-14-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/See Ticker/124

Height: 5'6''

I would love to join this challenge - 6 weeks left for me
well started today and will continue

B: Cereal
L: Egg sandwich with berry yogurt
D: Chicken breast, mushrooms and mashed potato

hope to go for a run this evening

what is everyones motivation? mine to look slimmer and more toned for xmas so this is a good starting stone

''You may delay your diet, but time will not."
ja23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #9  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

jeni- i will do the mini challenge.

ja23- my motivation is that i've been fit, healthy, or avarage in my adult life. i wanna wear cute clothes.

my sat went ok on all fronts. i met my weed. sunday is a different story. i went to a baseball game. i didnt eat too bad- i had one hot dog and lots of fruit. BUT, then i had four beers. bad, i know. but so fun; i hardly ever drink anymore. and it was free, so.. and didnt get to my exersize.

w: 64 oz. at least
e: healthy
e: 45 min. on treadmill; get some jogging in; 12 squats
d: make time for it; dont procrastinate.

have a good day, everyone.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/244.2/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Just have to share!

So I went out and walked over a mile this morning. And when I got back I received a call for an interview next week. Good place and hoping it goes well. Then my temp service called with a position and an interview this afternoon via phone. Maybe I'll be working soon! I'm so excited I'm exhausted!!!
waterlilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Nix & MM- Think of what you went through quitting before you smoke again. Works for me. I have a friend who is in quit mode now- suffer city.

JCat- Your post last night about avoiding the "stinkin thinkin" is what I'll need when I lose the motivation. You're right- the scales are not our only measure of success and we need to think health!

Holy- So glad you're back.

Cheers to all!

Kickboxing last night was fun. I had forgotten how nice it is to exercise with other people. At least by paying to take classes I know that I`ll exercise at least three times a week!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #12  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

WEEK 1: the week of the Bat: 256.5 Where did that come from??? I was 181.2
WEEK 2: the week of the Ghost: 181.2
WEEK 3: the week of the Vampire:
WEEK 4: the week of the Jack-o-Lantern:
WEEK 5: the week of Frankenstein:
WEEK 6: the week of the black cat:
WEEK 7: the week of the zombie:
WEEK 8: the week of witch:
WEIGH OUT, Saturday, October 31st...TRICK? OR TREAT?

What was I doing in week one. I have no idea where 256.5 came from. I had to laugh.
As you can see though, I have had absolutely no change. What is up with that.

Jeni- I am going to chant your mantra. I will not get upset, I will not beat myself up, I will stay positive, this too shall pass. Must keep putting these thoughts in my head.

Nix- You know what I'm gonna say. Get it together girl. you know you don't need that crap.

P.S. I figured it out. When I copied the weeks from someone elses post, I also copied their weight. LOL!!!

Last edited by mtiger; 09-14-2009 at 08:19 PM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Hi everyone! I wont get to personals tonight, sorry.

Amy congrats on graduation! I've missed you and glad you are here!

Thin! It so good to see you!

MM~please don't start smoking again I've never had to quit but I have been through it with my mom and dad.

Michelle, Ok I will see your crunches and do them tonight, my squats are done. Congrats on the loss!

Lilli, I'm like that sometimes. When I lose the motivation its mostly the motivation to go to the gym, not to workout. I'm glad you got in a walk today! Good luck with your job interview.

Kris, lets look forward to an amazing week! you have to take the time to take care of yourself.

Ja! My motivation~control diabetes~be fit and slim~stay alive so I can celebrate MY 55th anniversary. (DH's grandpa went into cardiac arrest shortly before his 55 anniversary, luckily he survived and is much healthier now, so am I and DH)

onestar~we have to link our healthy lives into our fun lives As long as the fun doesn't go on 24/7 I am glad you had fun.

AH GRAZER~the $$ motivation! good for you. I want to try kickboxing, but the class is at 730pm. AWSOME LOSS BTW~

Ok so no personals Oh well. I guess I had more time than I thought. I'm really tired tonight I plan on sleeping in tomorrow and going to the gym at 830. Today has been great food wise, not going to the gym tonight because my body is just worn out. Tomorrow is going to be interesting swim lessons start and they will be late nights.

Last edited by jcatron243; 09-14-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #14  
Calorie Counter

Oh HI mindy! you posted while I was writing. Yes, It WILL pass. being smaller is great, but running that 5k is better right?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #15  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone for the no smoking cuz its really what I need. Do you have any idea how easy it is to replace food with nicotine... ahhh sweet Jesus. I haven't smoked today. I really haven't even thought about it. It will go away. I promise!

waterlilli - My fingers may be pudgy, but I got 'em crossed for ya! Positive thinking now you understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onestar View Post
... i went to a baseball game. i didnt eat too bad- i had one hot dog and lots of fruit. BUT, then i had four beers.....
In the words of Homer Simpson "mmmmmmmmm. BEER." I love beer and baseball and hot dogs at a game are the glue. We need to cut loose OCCASIONALLY so dont kick yourself. Plus I can't image you drank all four yourself. One was probably mine, then of course one for Mtiggie and Nchellie too... so really YOU only had one. Right? Am I right? HELLO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja23 View Post
....what is everyones motivation? mine to look slimmer and more toned for xmas so this is a good starting stone
Ja ~ if that is you in your avatar, I will trade you 2 love handles, a case of cellulite and 12lbs of back fat for one of your abs. Just one! You in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyteror View Post
...Speaking of hubs, he's got some weight to lose by the end of the month.....so we're eating healthy.

Eating healthy....would you believe he enjoyed the low cal ball game snax yesterday? He actually said the hot wings I made were the best i'd ever made....so i'm happy
HT - Whazz up?!?! So glad you're back. So glad hubby is appreciating your good food efforts! 10 lbs is good for this challenge. I'm gonna start C25K again soon too. Maybe on Sunday. Just trying to get back into the exercise a little a day is already zapping my energy. BUT I COME 1ST THIS CHALLENGE! And so should you... just ask Jen.

thinpossible ~ You're back too! It's our no nibbles, no bites champion! I think about you always saying that when I cook! Glad to see you!

NurseMichelle~ always upping the ante aren't ya? I spend 15 minutes listening to my joints creak and pop doing eleventy-billion (or 12) squats and come back here to find out that MMunches have been added to the challenge. MMarvelous! I guess I'll double up toMMorrow.

Mavie, Grazie, Jen - I ran outta steam. Luv ya all none the less... whooo!

Alright chicks... if I missed ya, I apologize. I will do betta next time.
WEED FOR ME THIS WEEK:
W- 64+ I have a real problem with this lately. Me likey Diet Pepsi
E - 1750 cal or less -
E - 30 minutes walk 5 times, strength workout, squats, MMunches
D - Log it.

Niters girls

Last edited by Nixmom; 09-14-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote