Old 09-23-2009, 05:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Default Challenging all fellow 3FC members to a weigh in on Halloween! Prize Included!

Hi Everyone! Well this whole challenge started with me challenging a fellow 3fc member to a weigh in and she (Kristin) gladly accepted my challenge. I then told another 3fc friend and she (Jackie) also gladly accepted the challenge! This will be my first weigh in where I have tried really hard to lose weight and I thought I would include all the 3fc members to join me in it to support each other and to hold each other all accountable. I chose Halloween for our weigh in date because it's a scary day and of course everyone will be scared on that day when they step on the scale not knowing if the number will change, remain the same, or increase. The reason I want to do the weigh in in about a month is because in a 1-2 week weigh in I don't think major changes can be seen in such a short period and if I look at the scale and I see my weight has stayed the same or increased I would be too upset to probably continue with my new lifestyle, so I like to give it a month so I can see big changes. So.. I challenge all you guys to a weigh in on October 31st!

Who ever is the biggest loser will win a scarf that is hand knitted by me! =) I will post pictures of the scarf and the winner can choose one or if you don't like any of them I can custom make you one with your choice of color and I can also label your name on the scarf with little beads! Have fun and good luck to everyone!

Requirements to join challenge:
-Must post a reply to this thread with your weight as of now
-On October 31st before 11:59pm you must send me a private message telling me how much you have lost and your current weight (and please be truthful)
-Introduce yourself a little bit and tell me why you decided to join this challenge (whether it was for fun or to get motivated or you just wanted to join..etc)

If there happens to be a tie I will choose the winner who posted first so please wake up early on Halloween and post your weight first!

(New Information) Instead of posting your weight loss for the Halloween challenge on this thread please send me a private message on October 31st 2009 and tell me how much you have lost and your current weight before 11:59pm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black n white scarf.JPG (23.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg blue scarf.JPG (26.9 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg red scarf.JPG (21.6 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by cheerios; 10-02-2009 at 10:06 PM.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I'm in My starting weight is 233.2 I am joining this because a little incentive goes a long way with me! Kind of like a carrot at the end of a stick to keep me moving forward!

A little about myself: I am 44 and work full time (university professor). I have had weight issues forever it seems. I started gaining weight after high school (although I was not "skinny" then either - 170 pounds and wore a size 10/11 - I was trim and muscular and active) Several years ago I got down to 195 (from 265) and then slowly gained most of it back over a couple years. I am committed to losing this weight for good and staying healthy.

I count calories now and am working my way through the couch to 5K program (completed W5D2 this morning). I like the burgandy scarf
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks Cheerios for opening up our own thread! I'm going to work hard to get that scarf! I only weigh myself when I wake up in the morning, so today is too late if you need today as a starting # on the scale. I actually started with Cheerios on Sunday. (At least that's the day I held myself accountable) I'm afraid to post my weight here due to my daughter being very nosey and I don't want her to know how much I weigh until I lose a lot of weight! Cheerios knows pretty much what I weigh, so until I hop on the scale 10/31/09, I won't reveal it. All I can tell you is I at least want to lose 70#, of course not by Halloween though! I'm going to try real hard to keep on track this time. I can't wait for payday, which is this Friday, so that I have a lot more healthier food to choose from. I'm going nuts right now with the sweet/crunch syndrome. I scavenged through my pantry and found an individual 90 calorie pack of Fit 'N Active cinnamon snacks. (Last package 'til Friday!) I had some apples too, which are convenient for me, 'cause I can just grab one off my apple trees! I still have a lot of cravings to work through right now, so probably will go a little nuts 'til payday.

Karen: Welcome to our thread! I'm glad you are able to join us. Congrats on working up to a 5K and Congrats on being so brave and posting your weight. I wish I could be that brave now. (I promise I won't cheat on how much weight I lost come 10/31/09) I can also promise you that we will be here for you, every step of the way! (If we don't, remind us please!) Sometimes things get a little hectic at times and we're not able to post.

A little about myself: I am 48 y/o, but young at heart! I work part-time reading water meters. Even though I'm trudging thru peoples backyards in all kinds of weather conditions, I still have a weight problem! (Probably because the "Old Me" never exercised on my off time!) Since Sunday, things have changed and I'm trying to walk 30-60 min. p/day with my dog and she loves it! As for my weight history: I have always had weight issues to work through. I was a chunky kid and went on my first weight loss plan when I was in 7th grade. I went from 140# at 5'2", to a tiny 105#! By the time I reached High School, I weighed 117#, but grew 2.5" taller! By the time I graduated from HS I weighed 160#. Once out of HS, I kept myself busy and kept myself accountable about my appearance and lost 25#. I stayed at about 140# for quite a few years. Then...I got engaged and thought I was too fat at even 140# and dropped down to 122# by my Wedding Day! I later bounced back to about 135-140# and stayed there 'til I got pregnant! I've been on a "Teeter-Totter" ever since! Some good years, the most recent one was back in 2001, when I turned 40, and lost 60#! (3FC's was there for me every step of the way! I belonged to the Stay At Home Mom's thread.) ECMom and I were the starting authors of this thread. I looked so great back then, but I had a goals to work for back then... The first one was that I wanted to be "Fit and 40!" The second goal was that I was going to Hawaii with my husband and a bunch of co-workers of his. I didn't want to be the biggest blimp on the Island, so I worked real hard to lose the weight! Unfortunately, after the trip, I didn't keep myself accountable and gained the weight back and then some! So...here I am once again, on yet another big weight loss journey! I think I can do it and keep the weight off this time around! I would like to have the entire 70# off of me by the Summer of 2011, so that I can be: "Fit and 50!"

I plan on losing the weight this time by watching my calories/fat/carbs and a lot of exercise.

Goal: 10# by Halloween!
Freckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #4  
A Mom on a Mission!

S/C/G: 162/143/130

Height: 5'3

Hi ladies--good challenge Cheerios! I am also doing the Even Sexier By Thanksgiving challenge, but I think breaking it up into today-Halloween and Halloween-Thanksgiving will help keep me focused. This morning I was 153.6 lbs.

I had my first baby on July 27th, and I am working to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy (plus a little extra). Once the rapid post-delivery weight loss tapered off, I ended up at 162 lbs. My goal is 130-135. While I am on maternity leave I have been walking everyday with the stroller and doing cardio on the elliptical machine most days. I'm also watching calories.

Good luck to everyone else in this challenge!
Turning30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/180/130

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Can I join too?

I would love a mini-challenge like this to get me re-motivated. My current weight is 161 but my goal weight is 130.

A little about me: I am a stay at home wife and mom who takes care of not only my dh and dd but also my sister, mom and niece. Need something, they call me. Have a problem, they call me. Unfortunately I have little time for myself. I gained weight over the years and just never did anything about it. After I had my dd, I had gallbladder problems and lost 15 pounds (went from 175 to 160). Of course, once I had surgery I gained it all back plus 8 more. Finally I decided I needed to do this for me, so this past July I joined Jillian Michaels online and through a lot of hard work, I lost 19 pounds. I've since hit a plateau and think this challenge will give me a swift kick in the butt and help get me going again.

I like the burgundy scarf (watch out econ nerd! ) and think it will look great on me when I go to ME for Thanksgiving this year

Sheila
SheilaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #6  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Hi girls I want to join - My weight this morning is 202. I love halloween! Heh!

I'm an artist from Chicago and I've lost 100lbs so far (was down about 116 but had to relose some of that weight) in my free time I train for triathlons. I just did my 3rd one on Aug 31st. Other then that I like to make things too but I don't knit, so a scarf if I happen to win would be cool, but I'm happy just to lose any weight I'm trying to get as close to goal by Feb as possible.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #7  

Turning30, SheilaB & Idealmuse ! Glad to see you all join us!
Turning30: On your first baby! What did you have? A girl, or a boy? Good for you for taking walks with the baby. Also, cardio/elliptical machine and calorie counting! It's awesome that you are nipping this in the bud now, as it gets harder & harder to fit everything in once you are back to work. (And the older you get.) SheilaB: You are definitely a busy gal! I've found out that you have to say NO! once in awhile, otherwise you end up with major burnout. (Believe me, I've been there!) It takes an awesome person to take on all the extra people living in your home. Congratulations on losing 19#, you go girl! Don't worry about Plateauing right now. As long as you hold yourself accountable, the weight will come off eventually. Keep up the good work! Idealmuse: Congratulations on losing over 100#! What a way to lose weight by doing Triathlons! Is there a registration fee/deposit involved prior to the triathlons? You said you're an artist; what type of art work do you specialize in? I'm a sewer & can be a crafter at times, but drawing & painting I'm not too good at.

Well gals, my butt is starting to fall asleep, so I'd better get going. It's time for me to kick some butt! See ya all later!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #8  
Ironman in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
Idealmuse: Congratulations on losing over 100#! What a way to lose weight by doing Triathlons! Is there a registration fee/deposit involved prior to the triathlons? You said you're an artist; what type of art work do you specialize in? I'm a sewer & can be a crafter at times, but drawing & painting I'm not too good at.
Freckles - Yeah, signing up for the races keeps me motivated to exercise for sure... for several reasons... 1) You have to pay for them and 2) You get scared into working out for it, otherwise you might not finish... and 3) Its great cross training and great for burning calories.

I mostly make journals and do metalwork/jewelry: http://moon23.etsy.com like this stuff... If you look in the sold section (click on where is says 117 sales) you'll see more examples.

Nice to meeya!

Last edited by Idealmuse; 09-23-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:35 PM   #9  

Idealmuse: Perhaps I'll join you in one of these when I'm fit enough. As I don't live too far from you. I live about 40 min. north of Milwaukee, WI I'm going to check out the website right now. I wasn't able to see the switch plates, darn! I can't believe I just sat down again after having such a numb butt! At least I got my walk in today! Now, it's back to the garage to go through some more boxes.

Last edited by Freckles; 09-23-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #10  
Ironman in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckles View Post
Idealmuse: Perhaps I'll join you in one of these when I'm fit enough. As I don't live too far from you. I live about 40 min. north of Milwaukee, WI I'm going to check out the website right now. I can't believe I just sat down again after having such a numb butt! At least I got my walk in today! Now, it's back to the garage to go through some more boxes.
I started off at 300lbs just by walking, so I feel like given enough time anyone is capable. If your really interested a good book to read is "The slow fat triathlete"...

Enjoy your sorting!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 PM   #11  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm in! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I love the weather and decorations.
My weight as of this morning is 172.
Hopefully I can lose between 7-10 pounds by then.

Well, I am 22 years old and a full time college student. I'm taking 19 hours this semester so that I can graduate this December. I'm majoring in Psychology and minoring in Biology and plan on eventually getting my teaching certification. So I'm in school five days a week and currently work on weekends. I'm looking forward to October 18 though because that is my last day of work until after I graduate! I also tutor my little brother a few days a week, and I help my boyfriend and two of our friends with their Business Statistics class. So between all of that and my own schoolwork I have some trouble fitting in exercise. We now have an elliptical machine though so I've been trying to rotate doing that with Jillian's 30DS. I'm also counting calories and waiting for my GoWear Fit to come in!
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

I would like to join!! Over the past year I gained back most of the weight I spent three years losing. I keep telling myself that I'll get out there and start doing what needs to be done, but I always find an excuse to sit on the couch instead. A super sweet scarf (they really are lovely) sounds like wonderful motivation. My weight this morning was 184.4

I just turned the big 2-6. I work a boring job. I finally ended a three year relationship that wasn't good for me. As a result, I'm crashing at an understanding relatives house and missing my furbabies terribly!!

Ideal muse - I've done lots of road races but am taking some swim lessons over the winter (indoor pool) so that I can try a tri in the spring. I'd love to hear any tips you have!

Last edited by AmberD; 09-23-2009 at 10:30 PM.
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Hey everyone! I would like to thank all of you guys for accepting my challenge and I am glad that everyone will be putting effort into losing weight before Halloween rolls around!

Freckles is my friend (Jackie), who I asked personally through a pm to join me in a weigh in and she accepted so she will also be in charge of this thread we both came up with the idea of posting a thread =) OK good luck everyone and have fun!
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #14  

to our challenge zoochick777 & AmberD! It's always nice to have a few more to join us to keep us in line! The more people we have rooting for us, the more accountable we stay with our plans!
Zoochick777: The college life sure can wreak havoc on your body, can't it? Especially with 19 hours of classes in one semester! Good for you that you are getting your weight under control with school & everything! I'm sure exercise is hard to fit in after such a tiring day of school/tutoring. What is GoWear Fit? Keep up the good work on exercising & calorie counting!

AmberD: I hope you went out and celebrated with some friends! Sorry to hear that your relationship didn't work out for you. Take time now to focus on yourself. You can lose that weight, just like you did a few years back. We are here to help motivate each other! And...you can look at the BIG PICTURE with perhaps planning a Tri in Spring! You go girl!

I'm doing pretty good today with staying on track. I went for an hour walk with my dog. I was sick of the same old road by my house, so Gracie & I got in my car and headed to a little village close to my house. What a great change of pace! Lot's of hills though, we were pooped when we got home! I made myself a nice, cool, crisp salad for lunch. Went to the Doctor earlier today and weighed myself on their scale. It's really close to what mine read, so I know mine should be pretty accurate. I weigh 8# more on my daughter's scale, so I won't step a foot on that one anymore! Well, that's it for now. Catch you all later, okay?

Last edited by Freckles; 09-24-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:34 PM   #15  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Jackie! GoWear Fit is similar to the Bodybugg. It goes around your upper arm and has tons of sensors that measure different fluctuations in your body such as temperature, electrical charges in sweat, etc. It gives an accurate count of how many calories you burn during the day, both during exercise and during normal day to day activities. It also gives a sleep assessment if you wear it at night. You upload the data to your computer and it gives graphs telling you minute by minute calorie burn and also shows how often you wake up during the night and tells you your sleep efficiency. It also has a built in pedometer. Here is the website: GoWear Fit
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote