Old 10-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #106  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Mygrits- hoo-rah to a nothing day! lol...you so need a day of R&R. I would suggest a late night dip in the pool but man oh man has it been cold here lately. How is the job anyway? Any luck with Bubba, what about his business he was looking into?

Dance - yay for others noticing. Today I have gotten a **** of a lot of compliments, its weird, I have my hair tied back in a bun and EVERYONE has commented on how much weight I have lost. Its days like this where I think I need to wear this outfit and hair and makeup everyday, lol. OH and I SO agree with you not being able to see if your still the "chubby girl". Everytime I tell people my goal weightm they are like...your skinny now, are you nuts. And Im like...no Im not, Im still fat. Even though I know I look better and my clothes sizes say different, I still feel like the fat chick, sooo weird. PS DANCE - you and I are at the exact same weight now! I so need to keep up with my program. haha

AJ - yay and kudos on your new home! We will get you back on track girly but you need to stay afloat in the forum! haha....I know youve been busy. Glad to see you back in the swing of things.

Stacie - I saw your status on FB. Man oh man, you are not having a good couple days...sorry hun. BIG HUG! But Kudos for making it 21 days. I wish I was here on Sunday to see everyones weigh in, as Im sure you will have lost after this week.

Not too much to report on today, trying to wrap up everything at work and around the house so I come home to a nice clean house. I hopped on the scale today and am still hovering at 166-167, so if thats where I am on Saturday, so be it. Im ok with it. Ill check in later.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #107  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hey chicks,

Well I burned my arse hard this morning in spin class. I am down 2 pounds. I think one of the reasons I am not losing is because of my depression medication. My food rates from 1400-1700 and it's high in protein and low in starchy carbs with basically no white sugar, pasta, bread or anything. But I can see some significant changes in my body. I am a bit disappointed because I lost weight really quickly last time but staying on my medication is important for a little while longer. So I'm at 5 pounds in three weeks I'm hoping that once my metabolism kicks in better it will average at least 2 a week. I am interested in knowing how many inches I have lost - feels like a few. So sigh...keep working hard! I'm only going to weigh in a few times a week because I find it demotivates me a bit.

Dance - I hope your meeting goes well!!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Mygrits - take it easy on your day off and let those footsies rest, elevate them up with a pillow and read a good book Congrats on the loss - I am jealous but very happy for you!!! You are obviously kicking butt when you are working! Yeah for 210 on Sunday!!

AJ - good to see you again and glad you will be with us - missed you! I hope everything starts settling down for you again.

Lindy - yeah I've had a few interesting days but I am glad that I am not indulging anymore. The cravings are minimal now and it's a godsend. I can't believe I have done for 3 weeks with no coke zero.

I have to run to a meeting but I will be back at lunch!! Hope everyone is having a great day!

S
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Lindy - Since you fit into so much smaller sizes than I do at roughly the same height/weight, you must have a lot more muscle. That may affect your ending goal weight over time - you might reach your perfect size at a slightly higher weight because of all of those muscles, right?

Staccie - that's a major bummer with anti-depressants. I know some people have found that taking wellbutrin in addition to their SSRI anti-depressant or instead of it helps them with weight loss. Might be worth talking to your doc about.

My meeting went just fine and I'm heading out to work from home the rest of the day and sneak in a run at lunch as I was busy from 6am on this morning. Chat with you gals later...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls..I have been keeping the boys so much I am hardly home. Just wanted to check in. I will be back later to comment on everyones posts. I just had to tell you, I checked today and I have lost 10% of my body weight. THRILLED about that. Gotta get up and do D10L1 30ds. Moving on to level 2 tomorrow.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #110  

Burgundy- WOOT-WOOT! Congratulations on the 10% thats awesome! Keep up the good work girl, I think you have found your "zone" and are doing amazing. Just watch the scale drop.

Dance- its a possibility with the muscle, Im just not sure. I hate trying to measure my goal weight. I started at 130, then dropped it to 120, now Im like...maybe 140, I guess Ill know when I get there but its just so darn confusing and yes, I am obsessive with it and I wish I wasnt. You have to figure, I am wearing a 10 comfortably and an 8 in SOME clothes and Im 166, at 185, I was wearing a 12/14, so Im thinking for every 20 pounds I lose, I drop a size (or two), so if I really wanted to be a 4, that would put me at 130. GRRRR....sorry, just obsessing today, lol. I have most of my stuff done so I think Im going to go for a long run tonight.

Stacie- I am almost positive that its your medication. When I was on depression medication and birth control for that matter, I had an extra 7-8 pounds that I carried, when I went off that (at separate times), its was like I instantly loss that weight. HOWEVER...sometimes you just need it and its not worth it. Dont worry chica, you'll get there.

I almost forgot to tell you what happened---AGAIN. I decided to push myself at the gym and run 6 mph on the treadmill for 10 minutes. I got to 6 minutes and thought my heart was going to come out of my chest. Remember this snafu on the climber? What gives? When I get back from my trip Im going to schedule an appointment with my doctor. Just to make sure everything is on the up and up and so he can see that I have lost 50+ pounds (lets hope to keep it that way while on the cruise, lol).

Ok, going into a meeting, then I leave after. One more day till my trip--woo-hoo! Oh and I weigh in at work tomorrow, lol. She will regret this bet for sure; lol.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:49 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Dance- Thanks so much. I miss Denver though. I am delighted to have a gym in my building now and it is brand new. Opened this week so it so nice. Now I am going to use it... every day =)

Mygrits- Thank you. I am going to start my week with dailyplate and just focus on getting my cals back in check. Then add in cardio! cardio! cardio! tomorrow.

Lindy- Now that I have internet I can follow the forum. It was rough not to have access to anything online. I am actually really excited again. I lost my motivation before and now I am all in again! You can keep kicking my butt though so I stay in it =)

Stacie- Thanks. I missed you all too!

School shopping today for my hubby. Cool new salad restaurant that I am excited about. I really like our new apt. Its not home but its a good temp fix!

Also, I am in on the next challenge and I am still 100% in this one till the end but I have already purchased my girft card to amazon for whomever wins!! I am excited for all of you!

Last edited by ajowens; 10-01-2009 at 02:50 PM.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #112  

Lindy - until you get to your doctor, try not to push super super hard in your cardio (like run super fast). My sister had a similar issue years back where her heart went into that super high pace and if it's the same thing, it's really risky. You might ask your doc if you should wear a heart monitor for a week or so to track it - that's what my sis did. They ended up deciding her issue was a small but risky electrical malfunction in her heart and had to zap her heart (sounds worse than it was) to get the malfunction to stop. Anyway, I of course have no idea what your heart rate issue might be, but just in case, it's a good idea to be careful.

Burgundy - big giant on 10% lost - that's a super big deal!!

aj- so nice to have you around again! That's great news on the gym in the bldg - you'll be back on track in no time.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #113  

staccie - just reread your post - so, are you down 2lbs this week? or since when? Either way, that's huge progress!! Do you keep a spreadsheet with your weekly weighins? I find it helps a bunch when I start getting frustrated that things aren't moving quickly - just seeing that downward trend week after week seems to calm me down and give me a bit of perspective. You are working like a demon and are still being successful in your weightloss efforts - girl, you rock!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #114  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Hey all,

Yeah I am down 2 since - a week and half ago. I am going to chat with my doctor to see if I can do something different while not sacrificing my happiness as I am sure those pills have helped me recenter myself - and all the endorphins from exercise too. But if not, well I will keep plugging away like a demon I have a ton of energy - almost too much - that I have trouble falling asleep at night. Strange.

Dance - thanks for the advice. I am going to start recording my weigh in's. I am not sure if I should weigh in daily or not and then show my doctor as a concern with everything I am doing and seeing so little. What do you think?

Burgandy - congrats on the 10% - that is a MAJOR accomplishment and I hope you high fived your shrinking arse!!! Or high fived your pooches, whatever is best for you

Lindy - you might be like me a bit - I get a lot of muscle. When I weighed around 190 I looked like I weighed 170 because of the muscle and tone. So for me, I'm aiming around 160 - OMG I have so many pounds to go lol. You will know when you get there - I am confident with that. It's ultimately about your body fat percentage and how you fill out a pair of jeans and a hot tank top (well that's my viewpoint anyway). I am so excited for your trip! And we are going to miss you huge!!! Please take pics!!!

AJ - sounds like you are doing well...glad you like your new place and that it has a gym - that will definitely help!

Today is definitely a better day! It's raining horribly but I am feeling pretty good and I am going to a class tonight as I didn't get my full workout in this morning. I really like classes and never thought that I would - it pushes me like a trainer does. And I feel awesome after, even if I have to put my bra on backwards because my arms are so sore lol.

Thanks for all the advice and comments - you girls rock!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #115  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Congrates Staccie 2 lbs is huge! You are doing awesome. I understand you might be at a slower pace due to medication, or hey, it might be hormonal too??? Sometimes an imbalance can cause slow weightloss, where an Endocrinologist can do a hormone check to see. Just a thought.

Does anyone have the website Lindy recommended the other day? I looked back on all our pages and couldn't find her comment. I appreciate it.

Today has been lazy, lazy, lazy but my feet feel good........lol. I have eaten too, but know tomorrow I am back running, so I am not too concerned with it. I will check in shortly.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #116  

Aargh - I'm having one of those starving days! You know, where you're still starving no matter what you eat. Bummer!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:50 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Stacie- Congrats on the weight loss!!! And I am glad you found a class that you like. I love classes.

Sandy- I hope you enjoyed your lazy day.

Dancer- I hate those days. I only have them every once in a while but they are just awful! So sorry.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Momof5-that is great, you are doing so well.

Maddiesmom-I want a treadmill to be able to run this winter. You are doing great with your workouts, with and without your trainer.

Lindy-let us know if you lose tomorrow if you have a chance. You have to prove that coworker wrong. One more day. You will have so much fun. Just stay on top of your game while you are gone. Make that dr appt. when you get back so you can figure out what is going on.

Dance-you are right, we are all doing so well, some better than others. But we are all making progress. Its great to have this support system. I couldnt do it without you girls. It so great that people are noticing all your hard work. 160 here you come.

Neesy-I bet when you and your husband are together again you wont even want those snacks.

Staccie-how are you feeling now? Still sore? you are still doing great losing 2 lbs in a week. Hopefully you can talk to your doc about your meds and get something worked out if that is what is slowing your weightloss down.

Mygrits-my goal is 210 too by Sunday. Didnt make it there yesterday. We are neck in neck. We can be at 210 together. Glad you got a day of relaxation. I believe the website was nutrimirror.com

AJ-so glad you are back and getting back on track. Moving is always stressful. I want to move but just thinking about packing.....uuggghhh.

Thank you for all the kind words. I was so happy when I saw 10% was gone. I didnt do anything today. I DID do day 10 though. I had the boys what seems like all week. I am beginning to feel like their mom, I am surprised I didnt hear from her tonight wanting me to watch them. It was nice to be home. We were thinking about going to have Mexican food tomorrow, but I am trying to talk myself out of it. I have been craving it so bad, but dont want to gain anything. Gotta get to 210, cant let mygrits pass me. I was still at 211 today. Hopefully I can make it down a lb by tomorrow. Got a bunch of movies, think I will put one in and probably fall asleep. Have a great night everyone.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #119  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Well I wasn't going to work out tonight because I thought working out twice a day is too much but I was sitting here and had so much energy, I thought what the ****. The class wasn't great though. It was some kind of kickboxing cardio aerobics thing and I don't enjoy those but the other ones are good so I will keep it up. If I don't see another drop by the weekend, I will make a doctors appointment...thanks for all the advice. Definitely something going on there! 5 pounds in three weeks when first starting out is unusual.

Burgandy and mygrits - you got a good one going on...keep pushing it woo hah for you both!!! Looking forward to seeing the results on Sunday!

Dance - I had one of those days too - I even went to the vending machine but only had a fibre bar - I'm so amazed I don't make those choices anymore!! I think that's another reason I worked out so I didn't snack all night long!!! I'm starting to record my weight like you said and my exercise and eating so if things don't change I can show my doctor and get some help.
Thanks so much for that.

AJ - I never think I've said this before but you are sooo pretty, everytime I see your Avatar I'm like - awww!! And I'm adding you on facebook right now

Gotta get to bed - have a busy, busy day tomorrow. Yeah for the weekend getting here though!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #120  

Hey girls-

Well, today is my last day for the next week - I will really miss you all soooo much.

Burgundy - step away from the Mexican! Haha...you are doing so good, and weigh in is only 2 days away and yes, Mexican will cling to you. If you must, do something light to subside the craving.

Dance- dying to know. How did you hold up yesterday with the food cravings?

Stacie- If you do end up scheduling a doctors appointment, Id be interested to see what he says. Maybe the dosage can be adjusted?

Anyway, I am going on 5 hours of sleep but because I know Im on vaca as of 3 pm today, Im in a great mood and not even tired. I even managed to wake up with pep in my step to do my body works class AND I did 12 minutes on the treadmill at 5.5 speed and a 5 incline with no problems...yay me. Ok, Ill check in before I head out. Hope everyone is having a skinny day.