3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

W.O.W. BOO! Halloween challenge~Week 3

Old 09-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #16
Reinvent Yourself!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Oh Jen... ask and ye shall receive!

Week 1 = 209.6
Week 2 = 209.2
Week 3 = 206.6

Whoo... I finally caught myself back up. Okay... well HELLLOOOO LADIES... going to grab coffee ~ back in a sec to post...

BACK! K -- so how's everyone?

HolyT – How did the soup for dinner go on Monday? I haven’t had soup in soooo long and it made me drool a bit just to read the word in your post. You sound soooo good this challenge! Don’t let those stupid little things like check engine lights ruin your mojo! I’m proud of you! Oh yeah, and I hope to get on FB soon and check out your “wall” and pics. I love seeing peoples family and “real” world. Fully expecting to see you in the “retriever skirt” after Halloween!

Jlea – HOORAH on the scale moving! Rain cant stop that can it! I fully agree… a nice at home rainy day is a fantastic recharge for the soul! At work it just freaking sucks! Here its been 100+ still…. Dang Indian summer!

Grazer – C25K Week 4! You go little mamma! I still haven’t started it again. However, I am on the TOM train with you. Should show up Friday, but is absolutely being the weight loss party popper early. “the secret” I still haven’t read. May hit the library though and see if I can get it yet~ I am a self help junkie! Plus I think it works!

Mtiggie – pattern in your weights… YOU LOST 84 LBS THE FIRST WEEK! (JK ~ hee hee). I look back at the last 12 months… and I do see your pattern…. You lose it… slowly and consistently……and it stays off. No a bad problem to have my girl! You keep your head up, nose to the grind stone.

Nchellie – I need someone to start picking a song of the week for us. One that combats whatever poopoo thoughts try to float in. You know, the one that gates stuck in our heads….. I vote you pick this week, cuz you are doing fabulouso on the positive power front! I look forward to your selection!

Onestar – WELLLLL? Job land? You still being good to yourself food wise? I hope you were well rested and pray that you rocked the interview!

Waterlilli – How was your interview???? You are not alone in weird subconscious land. I have wacky @$$ dreams all the time. And feed me Italian food and you can bet my mind goes nuts while I sleep. A friend of mine quit her job almost 2 years ago because they had cut her to 4 hours A WEEK! Hasn’t been able to collect unemployment either. You stay positive, cast your net wide, and “see” yourself with a job.

Jcat – seriously… pre TOM… I totally get it. I would be happy with a salt-lick actually. I tend to lean in for the chips and salsa LOADED with salt during this time. Popcorn (light – blech) will usually do the trick, but it just sucks altogether.

OH and for anyone feeling bad about scale action… I am up 4 lbs from my Sunday weigh in. Holy **** fire Batman!

Ok we are missing…… Brown Eyed Staccie, Juliebee, Gypsylove, , summereveryday…. And the list goes on! If you’re here ladies, pop in and say hi! We miss you!

And Mavie…. Where are you sistah?

Off to work… fooey… have a great day!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #17
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 211.9/210.6/150

Height: 5'0"

I really need to work on getting all my water in for the day. I did pretty ok yesterday I think.....salt and sweet usually tend to be my issues during preTOM.....hubby's ruining my mojo. Had a huge fight over a "new car" yesterday. I told him fine then, if you don't want to get me a new car that doesn't fall apart every 3 weeks, I'll earn one, the company will pay for it, and there isn't a dang thing he can do about it. Stupid men. Until then, I have to keep shelling out money to fix it. BIG fight. I didn't even want to go to my meeting last night, but I couldn't tolerate being around him because he's a cheapskate. If he needed something, or DIDN'T need something but wanted it, I guarantee you he would go get it.

I have no idea what's on the menu for me today. I never did get to making that soup. Might be tonight after rehearsal.

Slowly but surely, it's gonna come off
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #18
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

so, my weight watchers is going good. down to 172.8. that made my day when i stepped on the scale this morning.

the interview went well. it was for a home health agency, so they're going to process my info. and references and stuff then make a decision. i should know something in about a week.

so, it's been about 3 weeks since me and my ex broke up. i met someone but am super reluctant and not wanting anything serious cuz i have to get myself together. everything in my life is so up in the air right now. he's pretty nice though. i'm just a little worried cuz he's 21 and i'm 26. it doesnt sound like much, but that 21 scares me. i know how i was at 21, and then him being a guy on top of that...i dunno...we'll see

headed to the zoo with my daughter, cousin, and her daughter...it feels so good now that we got somer ain...it's a little cool now

onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #19
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Have fun at the zoo Onestar!

the dentist. . . . .I know that it is necessary. I HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST. In fact I wont tell you when the last time I forced myself into that misery. I've never had a cavity, but wore braces for almost 5 years. Now DH on the other hand had most of his teeth pulled by the time he was 5 because his teeth were so bad. Tommy inherited his teeth. A year ago after a high fever Tommy's teeth started to rot. So I spent lots of $$ to get caps and fillings and all that because I KNOW how important dental care is. When we had the work done before tommy was under anesthesia. He slept through the whole thing. So this was an experience. One of his fillings fell out so it needed to be fixed. They gave me a sedative for him, and he took most of it but he still cried through the whole thing. He seems to be over it, but me? I feel so bad.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #20

S/C/G: 156/156/115

Height: 5"2

Okay guys I don't know what to say.I have totally messed up with this and I feel like a failure.Why do I do this to myself?I'm so mad at myself!
SummerEveryday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #21
Calorie Counter

Hey summer, take a breath. OK now DO NOT tell your self you have failed. You are not a failure, you may be struggling but you haven't failed anything. Weight loss is tough, there is No question about that. WE ALL STRUGGLE! I don't want you to beat yourself up. Now tell me something, do you have a weight loss plan?

Start new today.
Start small. Baby steps add up.

Get a journal out. Its hard, but it really helps. Write down what you have eaten today. No sense in lying in your journal because it is for your eyes only and you are only lying to yourself if you decide not to write something down.

When you are done for the day add up the calories that you have eaten. make sure you check the labels for serving size. Be HONEST. its so hard, believe me I have tried to lie to myself so many times it isn't funny.

Now don't faint when you add those numbers up. When I first started 3 years ago. I was eating (gulp) 3500 calories plus a day. I also did little to no exercise. if you cutout 500 calories a day you should lose a pound a week. Now DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT go below 1200 cals without consulting a doctor first it is not safe.

Next~cut your soda intake in half. Drink water.

Then~THE DREADED EXERCISE~you don't need a gym. Infact you don't need anything but your feet. Walk. start out slow. 15 minutes of walk time, that is all you need to start with. Just do it every day. then slowly build up your workout time. It just needs to be added into your everyday life.

Never ever feel like a failure. You are worth the struggle.

Last edited by jcatron243 : 09-23-2009 at 03:03 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #22
Reinvent Yourself!

Summer - I second Jen's advise. It takes 30 days to create a new habit. A positive one to work on is tracking what you eat. If you do nothing more than commit to writing down what you eat, you will be one step in the right direction. I use fitday.com to track my food. Seriously, if you went on mine right now for yesterday, you would see a 500 calorie cheeseburger, a 1500 taco bell splurge and about 600 calories from french fries. I bombed, but I wrote it down and can see my patterns pretty clearly now. 3 days pre TOM (no excuse) but is a seriously bad day for me EVERY MONTH! Even when I try to avoid it~

Start small - write down your food. every morsel. every day. This is not pass or fail. It is learn. thats all. Wanna start smaller. Just pop on the thread once a day to say hi. We want to hear from ya.... good and bad days!

Last edited by Nixmom : 09-23-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #23
Breathe the pressure

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5' 9"

I'm here you can cancel the search party lol! J/K! So yeah my toe still hurts and I'm limping around everywhere I go but each day I feel it getting a tiny bit better. It doesn't look like I'll be back in the gym for another week though. That's dangerous for me because food and exercise go hand in hand in my life. If I don't do cardio it's like all the life energy has been sucked out of me and I have no will power at all to control my eating. Cardio is my antidepressant and without it all I really want to do is come home from work, stuff my face, then go to bed. I know it'll pass it's just annoying me. Sorry I'm such a whiner!

First goal- 202 no longer obese!
Second goal- 199 welcome to ONEderland!
Third goal- 168 no longer overweight!
Final goal- somewhere between 140-150 TIME TO PARTY!!!
GypsyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #24
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I just seem to be so busy lately that I can't post the way I usually do. Last night was open house at school, then BL show. Tonight was running errands and working out, now finally posting. I have so much to do still.

Jeni- Giving great advice to everyone.
Nix- Keep up the good work. Okay not the Taco Bell splurge part.

Everybody else- My peice of wisdom is; you have to want this worse than anything else. It takes time to change your life. That is what it is, a lifestyle change. I know i can never go back to my old ways, and I wouldn't want to. A lot of it is mind over matter. Once you conquer that, it is so well worth it.

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:51 AM   #25

S/C/G: 255/244.2/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Thursday

Missed yesterday altogether! Spent a good part of the day dreaming about this job.... It is one I really want. Great company, opportunity to learn more and 6 miles from home! The interview went well but they are interviewing again today (they were spending tues & thurs interviewing). I have as good a chance as anyone else but who knows. I should hear tomorrow yea or nay! I've got to get back to reality - I allowed myself to get lost in 'what if I get this job!' .

Anyway along with the lapse in reality thinking I did nothing good for my weight loss efforts. Ate too much ice cream, pasta, did not exercise, drink water (maybe a bit) and certainly did not write anything down. So today I got up at 5:30 - had some coffee, watched the news. Got dressed and walked for almost a mile and 1/2. I am getting my water now and will be going to weight watchers to post my breakfast. Getting back on track.

Reading the posts and all that great advice and coaching is such a help. Thank you ....
Good luck one on your job and I love your new pic.
Thanks for the positive vibes and have a great day.
waterlilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #26
Calorie Counter

Gypsy, I'm the same way. Cardio and food go hand in hand. If I stop working out then I eat and eat and eat. I hope your toe gets better so you can get back to your cardio.

Mindy, Wow. You are so busy. I hope things settle down for you soon.

Sue, congrats on getting back on track today. I really do hope you get that job.

I ended up walking two miles with Tommy yesterday, no gym Tommy just wasnt in the mood.

Today will be different. I am hitting the gym at 830 like usual. We have swim lessons tonight so that will be fun. Mak's gymnastics was good last night.

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes gymtime
E 1200 cals
D Don't get bummed with the scale.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #27
Reinvent Yourself!

Hey chickies.... Its my final Lake Havasu weekend of the year. Leaving tonight. Back Sunday or Monday. Keep the thread fired up and be good to yourselves! I'll catch up with you all Tuesday (or maybe one more quick check in before we leave this afternoon) We'll see~
Old 09-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #28
Calorie Counter

Kris~~Have a great time!

Back from my wonderful sweat filled workout! I ran for 35 minutes, did weights for 20 then cooled down with the bike for 5. I am really liking my weight circut that I created for myself. I only have minimum guilt for dropping so much cardio out of my routine.

Heading to buy a new microwave and toaster. Have a good day.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #29
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

i feel like i'm getting sick. it's been raining every day here all week and now a cold front. even though its not really cold.

nothing on the job front yet, but i did apply for some really good ones today. something will happen soon.

took a rest from exercise yesterday, so today it's back to work. i need coffee....yummy! starbucks sounds good right now. oh well, folgers will have to do for now.

i keep forgetting fridays are my weigh in days. last week i weighed in on monday. i will post weigh-in tomorrow. i cant believe it's friday already. (well, almost)

onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #30

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Wow, great cheerleading and advice these past few days. That's great! I can relate to feeling like a failure at times, cheating myself by not being honest about my eating, the exercise-mood-eating thing, and the need to decide I want this lifestyle more than anything. talk about "aha moments" for me! How cool is that!?

Today was good. I ate mostly well, exercised, didnt drink water- I'll get back on the H2O tomorrow. I need to get another day of C25K in over the weekend. I was too sore and tired last night for exercise.

Happy Friday!

"Everybody's Workin' for the weekend..."
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.