Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #61  
My dream stomach!!

S/C/G: S/C/G: 152/ticker/129

Height: 5' 7"

I had 4 tooties rolls. I don't think it's going to kill my day but I shouldn't have eaten them regardless. Why are evening's so hard?? I get SOOOO hungry!!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Melly - hang in there and fight the good fight - you want those gorgeous abs, right?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:37 AM   #63  
My dream stomach!!

Dancer - Absolutely!! I stopped at 4 and I don't think it did to much damage! I do want those abs badly!! Oh and you should have seen me on the treadmill last night. I'm trying to run(though I'm not good at it) so I'd walk a minute at 4.0 and then run a minute at 5.0. About 15 mins in I was getting tired already so I grabbed a catalog with swimsuits in it and I used the way those girls looked in the swimsuits as motivation. Whatever works, right?!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #64  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Melly- I know I wont ever look like those girls in the catalog with swimsuits, but that sure is great motivation. Heck, at this point, I would love to be at your current weight. If we can stay on track, Im sure we will all meet our goals.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #65  
A Mom on a Mission!

S/C/G: 162/143/130

Height: 5'3

The worst part about trying to lose weight is it totally takes the enjoyment out of watching my favorite food network shows--I just finished watching Giada make tiramisu while I was eating a lean cuisine!
Old 09-15-2009, 01:57 PM   #66  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turning30 View Post
The worst part about trying to lose weight is it totally takes the enjoyment out of watching my favorite food network shows--I just finished watching Giada make tiramisu while I was eating a lean cuisine!
I know what you mean! I was flipping through a cookbook last night and had to put it away because it was making me hungry!
Old 09-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #67  

Height: 6'1

hey everyone! A small loss this morning, down to 247.2. I really need to stop this everyday weighing, but I can't help it. I took a zumba class last night. Omg so much fun. I was sweating A LOT. I really hope that it is able to trim down my mid section. Has anyone taken this class?
Old 09-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

Ok! So, I started the C25K yesterday. What an aweesome feeling!!! The support here is awesome! Not a big change in the scale but a change in the loss column is always good. Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:24 PM   #69  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

Starting weight: 169
----
9/8/09: 169
9/15/09: 167.4
----
Goal weight: 159

Doing great. I'm staying within my points and sticking to my jogging schedule. Only 8.4 lbs to go!

Turning30 - Food Network is one of my favorites too. I tend to watch the TV with a computer nearby, so when I see something I like, I start looking up recipes to see if I can make it low calorie with a serving size for 2 people. I've had a lot of good luck with splenda instead of sugar and using less oil/butter when needed.

Shasha17A - Congrats on your loss. Also congrats on finding a fitness activity that you enjoy! I've never heard of Zumba, but it sounds like fun.

Jellofer2 - You'll love C25K - it got me running too!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:16 PM   #70  
My dream stomach!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorgirl6 View Post
Melly- I know I wont ever look like those girls in the catalog with swimsuits, but that sure is great motivation. Heck, at this point, I would love to be at your current weight. If we can stay on track, Im sure we will all meet our goals.
And I KNOW we can stay on track!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turning30 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Pants View Post
I know what you mean! I was flipping through a cookbook last night and had to put it away because it was making me hungry!
I hear ya!! I was just getting mad at the tv awhile ago because while watching Biggest Loser they were playing Chilli's commercials. It just seems wrong!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha17a View Post
hey everyone! A small loss this morning, down to 247.2. I really need to stop this everyday weighing, but I can't help it. I took a zumba class last night. Omg so much fun. I was sweating A LOT. I really hope that it is able to trim down my mid section. Has anyone taken this class?
I've never taken it but lots of people say good things about it. And your having fun while exercise, what can be better?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellofer2 View Post
Ok! So, I started the C25K yesterday. What an aweesome feeling!!! The support here is awesome! Not a big change in the scale but a change in the loss column is always good. Have a great day everyone!!!
Awesome! I'm just getting ready to start C25K with a friend. Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketbunny View Post
Starting weight: 169
----
9/8/09: 169
9/15/09: 167.4
----
Goal weight: 159

Doing great. I'm staying within my points and sticking to my jogging schedule. Only 8.4 lbs to go!
Awesome job!!

- - - - -

So I had two flavor tootsie rolls again tonight(compared to 4 last night). What do you all think. If I can control it and just have like 2 is that really a bad thing??
Old 09-15-2009, 10:50 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

zumba sounds super fun but I haven't tried it. I've done other kinds of salsaerobics that I loved.

I hear you girls on food shows - I have to be careful even about watching top chef as it can make me starving hungry just watching the food. Isn't that ridiculous?

Melly - 2 tootsie rolls is most likely more than fine if you can stop there without it triggering other cravings. I think that's the issue for lots of people - you know, the slippery slope once you get started.

And no biggee if we don't look like girls in a catalog - we just want to look the best we possibly can and be fit and healthy while we're at it, right?

My bf was eating chocolates after dinner tonight and I stuck with my crystal light popsicle. God, will the temptations ever get easier to resist? I'm hoping to see a bit of progress this week - fingers crossed.

Have a good evening, ladies!
Old 09-17-2009, 07:56 AM   #72  
My dream stomach!!

I'm still plugging along. TOM showed up which doesn't "thrill" me but hey and least it's this week and not next week right before leaving for vacation!

How's everyone else doing??

Last edited by Melly83; 09-17-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #73  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm here! So far I have not dropped any weight this week. But it's been kind of an off week with my first race last Sunday and my family here, plus my knee issues flaring up. I ran Tuesday and Wednesday, but I'll be shaking this up a bit to give my knee a rest... going to the gym today and I swear, I will not step on the treadmill. No running!

dancer- I don't know if the temptation ever really ceases to exist. There are still so many times that I crave the horrible stuff - buffalo wings, fried shrimp, Chipotle! I have found what works for me (at least when eating out) is not letting myself get to the point of famished before dinner. If so, it's a recipe for disaster... I will attempt to order everything on the menu! If I don't feel that hungry then I'm less tempted to eat the bad stuff and just gravitate toward something that will satisfy me.

But darn it all if sometimes I wake up at night thinking about food! LOL
Old 09-17-2009, 12:44 PM   #74  

Height: 6'1

I am so irritated with the scale. It has been hopping back and forth between 247 and 248 for like 2 weeks now. So obviously, I'm not going to meet my goal of being 240 by the end of this month unless I lose a limb or something. I hate this because I began at 255, so I don't know why so early in my journey am I experiencing this plateau.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:08 AM   #75  
My dream stomach!!

shasha - Scales are frustrating. Just don't give up. If you hang in there, eat healthy and exercise the scales will move, just maybe not at the pace you'd like them too!!

I was really back last night. I was expecting to see the scales go up this morning but they were 148 yesterday and 147.8 this morning. So at least last night's badness didn't catch up with me. I blame TOM as the reason I was so hungry and just kept eating. But, I did get out a small dish and ever though I refilled it several times I did keep the food fairly healthy and I didn't eat HUGE servings...

Tomorrow I'm going to a baby shower that's serving lunch. I hope that there will be some healthy options and that I won't be looked down at for not wanting any cake...
Closed Thread