Old 09-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #61  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi everyone!

I would like to join in this challenge if you don't mind another newcomer!! I have a goal to lose 25 pounds by Halloween (Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year) and although it may seem a bit lofty, I am bound and determined!

A little about me, I live in Vancouver, Canada and have a very stressful and time consuming job. In the last year I gained back about 40 pounds that I lost the previous year. I blame it on moving, stress, whatever but when it comes down to it, I just got kind of lazy and depressed. I've been trying since April hard to get out of my funk, I do for a few weeks and the slide back in. So I decided to make smaller goals for myself and reward myself more often (and not with food).

My Day to Day Weed:

W: I have recently cut out Coke Zero and any type of pop from my diet. I find that it often leads to cravings for other salty, crunchy and fattening things - I am only on day 2. I drink a fair amount of water usually, but I am aiming for 2 litres a day.
E: I love working out (when I manage to get there). I like weights more than cardio so I do my cardio first and so weights as a reward after. I plan to work out no less than 5 days a week and one night of yoga.
E: Right now I have to be very strict with my eating. If I allow a taste of something it often leads to binging. So for the next 21 days I can't eat anything yucky for my body. When I have a bit more control, I will allow myself things once in awhile as food is one of life's pleasures and I don't want to eliminate everything I like forever!
D: Will make time for myself to eat properly and exercise and this needs to come second to work. Work has been my only priority for way too long. WHEN I reach my goal on Halloween, I will be visiting my sister and I will get to buy a brand new outfit!!

I will do a daily WEED - this is fabulous. I look forward to getting to know you all!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

LOVE the RING!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #63  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Friday Friday!

Hey chicks. Lots still going on. I dig it!

Mavie, Grazie, Mtig, heck - thanks for the YAYs about the boy and the ring all the way around. I am pretty proud to have Jeff in my life. If I could just ditch the 25lbs his cookin' put on me

Michelle - It is so hard to read your posts and not be smiling all the way through. You are so genuine. You rock!

Hello and to all the new girls. Please stick around, let us get to know you, and you will find this thread turns into Virtual family. Like Michelle (or was it Jen) said somewhere... personals are nice, not necessary, and whats important is that we are here for success together!

I am about to be surrounded by the step kids. Need to go clear the living room and pad the walls so one gets hurt this weekend. I will be back, checking in, and STILL trying to catch up. (So when I come back and refer to something you wrote 3 pages ago... I apologize in advance!)

Be good to yourselves!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #64  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

waterlilie and stacie!

I made it to the gym ran about 3 miles now at home waiting for DH to cook me a not so carb free dinner but it is chicken/veggies/pasta.

Mindy, You deserve everything! You are totally worth it not to settle with anything.

Michelle, boy busy times coming! soccer and bowling? wow~

onestar, Sorry the job might not be right for you, thats so disappointing.

Julie, slow and steady is the best way to keep the weight off.

OH NO gotta go Tommy fell asleep. NO NO NO its to late for a nap!

Last edited by jcatron243; 09-11-2009 at 08:49 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:20 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 156/156/115

Height: 5"2

Hello Everyone I'm new here.Can I still join this challenge?Am I too late?
SummerEveryday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:42 AM   #66  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

Default i'm still hanging in there

michelle- i am a medical assistant. just graduated in june of this year.

grazer- u had a pretty good loss too. my head/emotions are pretty jumbled right now too so i know what u mean.

so, i didnt get to my exersize today but ate OP all day.

did pretty good at the restaurant. it was italian so lots of carbs. i had a salad, grilled chicken in a roll-up pasta type thing with 3 different kinds of cheese, some bread, 2 glasses water, and a small piece of cake. did not walk out of there feeling miserable (lol) so thats good. satisfied but not stuffed. did not pick at my daughters fries or accept any extra food offered to me. my uncle offered me pizza and my aunt offered me cheesecake.

tomorrow my mom is taking my daughter overnight so i will get a good break. gotta get out and do something.

Last edited by onestar; 09-12-2009 at 12:44 AM.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:30 AM   #67  
Calorie Counter

summer!

onestar~congrats on turning down extra food at the restraunt. Have a nice night alone!

Yawn! I slept like a baby last night. It was so nice. I'm thinking about going to the gym after work again today. I'm packing my stuff so I won't be tempted to come home first. I may get on the bike. I think it is time to mix my cario up again!

W 80 oz
E 30 minutes at the gym
E 1200 good calories
D Hmm have another good day at work. Do NOT tell my supervisor I am smarter than him
Old 09-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #68  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

jcatron: great idea about bringing your stuff with you, it's hard to go once you get home isn't it? I have to go in the morning during the week because if I don't, I end up working too late and then not going. But since I am not an early morning bird I'm pretty grouchy on the walk to the gym I like your weed today - especially the last one - good luck!!

onestar: for the restaurant - I envy your self control!!

My WEED FOR TODAY:
W: 2 litres
E: recreational walk and lower body workout at the gym
E: stick to my plan that I made for today
D: not think about work!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!!!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #69  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

to our newbies!

Mtig ~ Whatever is going on, you know we got your back.

Kris ~ OMG that's so sweet! I loved it! Nice ring.

Michelle ~ I love how active you are with this thread. It looks like I'm going to have to go back to having two jobs. Nothing is working out and I'm too chicken to quit the VA. Too freaking chicken. I feel like I'm going to be trapped in the kitchen forever! And that is so depressing.

Julie ~ Thanks!

Onestar
~ I was thinking of going to school for medical assistanting. I already work at a hospital.

So they cancelled my unemployment claim and now I don't know how I'm going to pay my rent. That's my life.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #70  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

staccie- thanks

lea- yeah, it's the first thing in my adult life that i actually stuck with and finished. not a lot of luck finding a job where i'm at though. but then again maybe i'm looking in the wrong places. i like it though.

jeni- thanks. i'll find something soon. i've got a few other leads.

i've had a pretty peaceful today so far. hopefully i can find something to do tonight. i dont want to sit at home-i do that every night.
w: at least 64oz.
e: same as always- healthy and no junk
e: 45 min with some jogging (already did)
d: i'm gonna make it

have a good saturday night, ladies!
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #71  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Onestar ~ Do they have a VA hospital in Houston? Try there.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 245/219/160

Height: 5'9

Congrats Nixmom!!!!
MrsVegan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #73  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

jeni- Thanks!! I know I do and that is the problem. I just don't know how to get it. I would require huge changes in my life and then where would I turn. I don't know.

Staccie- Good luck. We are a great group of girls. Stick around.

Nix- Have fun with all the kids.

Onestar- Eating out is always hard. Hence, I don't do it often.

Shari- I totally relate to being scared to make changes in your life. I am going through something very similar. Sometimes I think we just need to take a leap of faith and pray for the best. Trust me, I know how scary it is.

I did my 5k today and wanted to beat my best time of 38:10. I did it in 36 flat. So 2 min. better. I shaved 10 min. off my first race last year. I'm pretty pleased. I am not pleased with this 181 pounds I'm stuck at. Throw a girl a bone already.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #74  
Calorie Counter

Mindy! Awsome on that 5k!!! Totally and completely awsome!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!! I hear you on being stuck. After seeing 142 for almost a solid week I went back to 148 after a weekend of the gym being closed (no workout, eating more than I should have but NOT 6 pounds worth) I have been sitting at 146 for the past few days. This is why I am working out on my workdays.

Speaking of working out on my workdays, I got in 32 more minutes today! Not running, I wasn't in the mood but I did 15 on the elliptical and 15 on the bike (oh and 2 minutes of cool down). I also did abs and stretching this morning before work.

Stacie my schedule is so crazy that I rarely workout on days that I work. I do love my morning aerobics class but I have been sleeping in too long lately.

Shari honey I hope things work out for you.

Onestar~I hope you found something to do tonight.

Calories were in the bag, water was awsome and I got in a workout. HURRAY Time for sunday!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 156/156/115

Height: 5"2

Not exactly sure where to start .I'm not on any type of a plan yet.So I'm just gonna take things one day at a time for now.I guess I'll just start taking small steps and work on changing habits until I figure out "the plan".Here's my first daily WEED (I will start tomorrow)
W 6-8 glasses
E smaller portions and healthier choices
E walk for at least 15-20 mins
D nothing changes if nothing changes(stole it from a bumper sticker I saw)
Thanks for letting me join in
SummerEveryday is offline   Reply With Quote