Old 09-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #31  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome aboard Onestar!

Jen... nice productive day you're having! I am going to walk the dog tonight, and do my little work out again. Also going to do W1D1 of C25K. Anyone else with me? Grazer?

I am useless today at work. Going to force myself to get through my inbox though. I'll check back in later. Come on 4 o'clock!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #32  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

to all our newbies!

My name is Shari and I'm the baby of the group.

W: 96 oz.
E: 1630 cals.
E: 30 mins.
D: No more bull, no more excuses.

Welcome back Amy!

Nix, FINALLY! Congratulations!

Edit: Forgot to post my goal for this challenge. Playing it safe and shooting for 8 lbs.

Last edited by JasonsLea; 09-09-2009 at 03:46 PM.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #33  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Howdy ho all. What a day!!!

Got up at 7, got kids up and off to school. Went to my program 9am-11:30am and went STRAIGHT to the gym!!! Did abs and an hour cardio. Thinking about putting upper/lower body stuff in there too, I feel better when I'm lifting but part of me thinks I need cardio to get all this fat off BEFORE I sculpt it. (opinions?) Then went to drugstore to buy bottle of water and other little do dads (deodorant, etc) went and paid off our car!!!! WOOHOO it's ours officially now! No more car payments on either car! (Of course now we both want new cars, eyeroll), swong into the McD's drive through for grilled chicken ceasar salad with Italian low fat dsg and coffee, went to my dad's house (I am feeding his cockatoo <---think that'll be bleeped? It's a BIRD...while he is in Florida fishing), ate my lunch, ran to IMPACT to get some records to fax to board of nursing, ran to rachel's pediatrician for her shot records for kindergarten.

And here I am, sitting on my porch with my laptop waiting for the kiddies to come home. Still need to clean up a bit, shower (yes I am still a gym dirtball) make dinner, do homework, and make a 7:30pm NA meeting. And DH calls me and says he thinks he might be coming down with something. LOL

And I thought I was busy when I was working full time! Keeping busy is for me staying OP. Tomorrow I am seeing My Sister's Keeper with some old friends from my old work. (yay dollar movies!) so I'm looking foreward to that.

Need to drink more water. Need to buy some fruit. Just thinking out loud. Love you all. Glad to see this thread gettin some action. Personals later but I am happy to see we're all out in full force!!!

xoxoxooxoMichelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey all!!

Amy, welcome back!

Kris, RING PICTURES!! Congratulations on making it official!!

Onestar, Welcome, looking forward to getting to know you!!

Michelle, no more car payments I need a new car but I have been payment free for 9 years. Really hate the thought!!

Jen, rocking it and no, I think you validated me. I love to stand next to girls at work that used to be smaller than me. That was THE BEST part of my class reunion!!

Mindy, soon you will be back in your routine!!

I did OK today. Not great but definitely OK. One step at a time!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Okay, so last night I had this big post nearly completely when my computer shut down. I was ticked because I had personals done and everything. Hopefully, the scale gods will give me credit for trying!

Nix- Can't wait to see that ring! I'm about to complete week 2 of C25k and I'd love some company!

MTig- WTG on the weight!

HolyT- welcome back!

JCat- Your story last night really brought it home for me that I shouldn't focus so much on the scale. Those darn inches count too!

MM- I am with you about depression. I know that I feel better when I eat clean and exercise.

Nursie- hugs to you!

Welcome again newbies and hugs to any regulars I missed!

I'm not doing great eating this week but I am doing okay with exercise. I need to committ to water and I need to eat mindfully if I feel that I'm burned out from points and cal counting. I figure weigh in this week will help me out of burnout!

Gotta run before this thing switches off again!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #36  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies... ring pic, personals, and dancing carrots tomorrow...

I walked the dog (30 min brisk), cooked dinner, ate, and did my little workout. Food was so/so. Water - bout 1/3 of what I should have, and stayed up with the exercise (except I was supposed to start c25k - FIANCE got home early - screws up my treadmill mojo). I am ready for a shower and some shut eye. Cant wait to catch up tomorrow.... nighters all!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #37  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi Grazer! Hi everyone.

So I made it for my second workout today. 50 minutes done this evening. DH thinks I am on the crazy wagon, but seriously Not working out over the weekend and eating poorly and the scale being up 6 pounds is driving me crazy. I cant blame it on TOM either because its over gone and done. UGGG. So now I want to do two workouts tomorrow, one at 5 and one at 830 (we'll see about the 5 one, I may do a spin class).

So a big reason for the rush? Tommy's b-day is coming up next month and we are thinking about trying a weekend trip to D-land. Call me crazy (I am on the crazy wagon) Leaving after work on Thursday and driving all night I figure we should be able to get their by2pm on Friday. Playing hard and fast on friday and saturday, then until about 5 on sunday. Then we will drive home through sunday night and Monday. Sounds like fun Huh. Its going to be a suprise for my boy. ofcourse DH needs to be in on the plan too

OK gotta get the kiddos in the bed time mood.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:54 PM   #38  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

did good with food today. drank enough water, just didnt get to my ecersize. i had to unexpectedly go to my moms house so that threw off the whole evening. they ordered pizza. i had 2 slices. there was one last one that was calling my name but i didn't eat it. i even sat next to it for like 20 min. it's not much, but it's a start. day two of my breakup with my ex and kind of hard. but not as hard as i thought. he left for wisconsin. he's gone for good. he told me so, and i believe him; he's an emotional runner. always has been. so, tomrrow is a new day and i think things are going to start looking up for me in more ways than one.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #39  
One Day At A Time

Good morning all. How's it goin? I did GREAT yesterday! Got all my water in, ate PPPPPOP finished in just under 1300 calories, which is on the low side for me. (I didn't mind my 1800 calorie Labor Day too much)

Today I am putting the kids on the school bus, relaxing awhile (I see where this is when I should go to the gym but I don't have time to get cleaned up for the rest of the day, bad excuse, I know it) then 11 am AA meeting (Ladies meeting, I love it) and then I am meeting my old friends to see My Sister's Keeper (any reviews on that movie? We all read the book and it was really good) <--I even already have my movie snacks packed in my bag so no popcorn for me. Then I have a window until the kids get off the bus (so if it time enough, I MIGHT, might, might go to the gym. Yea, I probably will) Kids off bus, homework, dinner then 6pm IMPACT aftercare, which is a nice way for grads to keep in touch, stay connected, participate in group setting. So excited for that. After that, I'll come home, help with baths, bedtime and have a time for me and hubby. Another busy day. whew!

Kris!!!! Can't wait to see the ring and hear the real engagement story! A couple friends of ours just got married, kind of similar, they had been together FOREVER, his second marriage, her first, he had a daughter by the first marriage, ANYhoo, they set the date (on the beach!), bought the rings, did all the rigamorole but she told him that she wouldn't go through with it unless he did an official proposal and she accepted. She said she wouldn't even wear the ring until he did. Well it turned out to be a big deal, he seemed to think he didn't need to do it and ended up doing some half assed thing but the important thing was she loved it (personally, I thought she deserved better, but I guess it doens't matter what I think) How did I get so off topic? Oh yeah, I can't wait to hear the actual proposal story. Hope it was exactly what you wanted. So you are going to start the c25k...maybe I'll join you. I always say I'm going to, but always end up walking the rest after the first jog/run. Like I need a c2-c25k KWIM?

Hi Jeni!!! Rachel is LOVIN kindergarten. But she is a BEAR to wake up in the morning, OMG. We try to put her to bed early enough, but she never wants to fall asleep, stays up too late then turns into, well, ME, when I try to get her up in the mornin. Frustrating for me, but I KNOW that's how I was when I was growing up (heck, that's how I am now, that's why I worked so many midnights!) Robert is doing well too, (YES FOURTH grade, I can't believe it either! I think I've been hanging with you girls since I was telling the potty training woes with him, I could be wrong tho) OOOOHHH I hope you do pull together the Disney trip. What a nice suprise, for all of you! You are cracking me up about the fretting over not working out. Don't we just become so obsessive (no offense, I do too) that if ANYthing goes bunky in our routine, we freak out and get all discombobulated??? I am the same way. Not judgin, just sayin'. You'll pull it back together (sounds like you already have in fact) Which reminds me, actually, I know my weigh in said like 256.5 but I peeked today and saw 253, which I KNOW I didn't lose 3 pounds in three days so those high numbers are sometimes just fluke numbers, trying to get our attention. Or being on "borrowed time" as I like to say.

Mindy, how is the school routine? Did you get the new teachers in yet, and has it helped lighten your load? How is your running going? Are you doing a race this fall? There is a HUGE difference between vanity and confidence, don't you worry about it. Isn't it funny how we can beat ourselves up so much one minute and feel so vain another? Hope you are well babes! Is your thigh muscle better now? Your skinny witch comment reminded me, remember the year we posted our fantasy costumes, and I was going to be the sexy nurse type? LOL

Shari, yes you are the baby of the group!!! Also the one of us whose guardian angel is totally exhausted following YOU around. My poor girl, whose life is always in such drama and turmoil. I just want you to be so happy! And you are working so hard to get ahead. How many times have you moved in the past couple of years? Did you go back to school this fall? Have you been able to get your dog at your new place yet? Still doing WW? I'm sorry to say this too, (PLEASE don't take offense!) But I LOVE having you in challenge with me, since we are close to the same size. I feel especially competetive with you and usually feel like the big girl in this group of ONEderlanders. How many jobs are you workin these days? I think one time I remember you had at least two. Oh and I think of you when I see previews for Gerard's new movie. I didn't even know who he was all this time until this latest one. He is a hottie!!!!

Amy (HolyT) so here you are....where are ya??? Glad to see your Mary Kay is really taking off. I'm sure you have to really be proactive to get those kind of businesses really going. But you're so motivated!!! Keep up the hard work and you'll be out of that crappy old j.o.b. in no time. I love seeing pics and hearing about the new pups. I'm sure you are still mourning the loss of captain, but how nice to have TWO rambunctious babies in the house now. How is that husband of yours treating you???? I get all maternal towards you about that! He should WORSHIP you for the goddess you are! That's all about that for now. Are you still crafting? How is the dancing going?

HI MMavis!!!! Still doing your MMunches? <----to the newbies, MM used to always challenge us to do X number of crunches/ab stuff and we called it doing our MMunches (MotherMavis crunches) I thought it sounded so cute. Oh and I hear ya about being happy about no car payments, but still wanting a new car. I've had my car paid off for about four years now and have that ambivalence about it too. But wouldn't complain to be driving something newer, bigger, like a minivan or something the like. How are you coping without the boys? When will they be home to visit next? I didn't realize you were back in school, what are you studying again? Seriously though, I just can't cope with you being a Yankees fan.

Grazer MY GIRL! I definitely appreciate the reminder, I have done COUNTLESS pages of loooong personals (like this one!) only to have it all wiped out before getting the chance to "submit reply"....ugh feeling the frustration. So for this post I've been highlighting the whole page, and right click copy. So if it happens I can just paste it all back. ugh. And yea, I should measure inches too.....I wonder why I don't? So looks like its you, me and Kris (who else!?) starting up the c25k.

Onestar!!! HEY! Welcome aboard!!!! I see you are going through all kinds of changes lately. Stress can impede your loss, so try not to worry too much about that. I'm sure raising your youngun by yourself, work and whatever else, is keeping you busy these days. Tell us more about that baby!!! Boy/girl? <----oops I see its a girl....lol, name? what does she like to do? does she love Dora? Um wooow. I didn't realize til just now that this breakup is so fresh. Are you doing okay? Was this his decision or yours? (Is it too personal to ask? Sorry) But holy crap, I don't know how you didn't eat that other slice of pizza, when it comes to greasy, cheesy goodness I have no filter. Especially as I am an emotional eater. Nice to see you say you are an emotional runner. I definitely envy that!!!

JulieBee, hope you're still with us!!! So you are a vegetarian...I know I would NEVER be successful, but I am curious about your eating, like...what is your FAVORITE vegetarian dinner? I love black beans, and tend to eat alot of black bean dishes. I'm not a fan of tofu though, are you? You're so smart to measure as well as weigh, I was just saying (above) that I should do that, but I think I'd do something silly like really pull the tape measure tighter to get the numbers I want to see. LOL <eyeroll> Your career sounds interesting, public relations, can you tell us more about what kinds of things you do? Your boyfriend sounds wonderful too!!! Know what else? I've been on this site for at least four or five years and I had never seen that smiley that turns into a bat, how cool is that! Oh and HOLY JOCK batman, you are out there doing the coolest things!!! Rocky mountain biking? Bodypump classes?! No wonder you are starving, you are a workout machine! (or the TOM like you said)

Gypsy, your chicken avatar cracks me up...lol!!!! So you are a vegan! So interesting, so I'll ask you too, what is your favorite vegan dish??? And a runner, again I'm terribly jealous of runners!!!! Now that you are lifting weights you should notice a lot of cool changes. I love a woman's body with all that sculpted definition. And yoga sounds nice, my gym doesn't offer yoga but there is pilates (big difference? or close to the same?) so maybe I'll check that out. It always looks so nubile, graceful, stretchy/bendy. All those things I am not. LOL But WOW your stats!!!! You've lost a TON of weight! You really give me hope! Stick around, would ya!?

Suga....I love this name OH SO FLY....that is what I want to be too! I know you just made a brief post, but I can't wait to meet you! Number one, a girl close to my size!!! and I'm so curious about the fat smash diet, I remember that doctor...what is his name??? He was on Celeb fit club, which was a cheesy show but I know a little about the diet, lots of fruit and veg for the first phase, right? Not that you asked, but my advice to you is to up your water more than one liter, I try to aim for 3-4 liters but I think it is recommended to go at least 2. But hey, I know its hard for non-water drinkers. Crystal Light has been my BFF. I even think one whole packet can be a bit strong for even a liter bottle of water. Anyhoo, what kind of work are you in? What kind of exercise do you do? I see you are a swimmer! I gotta tell you all (LOL) I never really learned how to swim. I could survive by paddling or backstroke but never really did the face in the water turn your head and breathe thing. I'd like to learn about water aerobics though.

WOW. I can't believe I just did all that. It took me nearly an hour to type it all!!! LOL So if you posted in the last hour, I didn't see it. So I'm off to get prettied up for my day (see waaaay above.) I think you gals are going to teach me alot this challenge, about vegan, vegetarian, yoga, measuring inches, fat smash, c25k....let's go!!!! xoxoxo michelle
Old 09-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #40  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Michelle, WOW that was a long POST! I'm glad the kids are liking school. I'm especially glad that makenna has no problem getting up in the morning. She has always been an early to bed early to rise kind of a girl. Today is her first full day of school. I hope you have a great day today! I never get a girls day. I used to once in a while, but now I have way to many activities with the kids.

Onestar~you will be okay. Take care of yourself and your little girl. Congrats on not eating that pizza, I would have definately eaten it.

Kris, Good job on getting the dog out. I hate it when DH messes up my workout! I dont usually do my home workout with him here I am excited to hear your proposal story!

Mindy~I hope your day went okay yesterday!

So I did NOT go to the gym at 5, my calves are so sore that I decided one workout would be sufficient today. I am going with DH who called in sick because it is his birthday Then onto costco for some good fruits and veggies. Time for Me to get Maks lunch ready!

W 80 oz
E 45 minute cardio 20 minutes weights
E 1200 clean calories
D get some fish so I can have it for dinner tonight!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #41  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

yay! i have a job interview tomorrow! had to tell somebody.......
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #42  
One Day At A Time

Hi, yes, it's me again....LOL What an emotional day!!! So I went to my ladies AA meeting this morning and it can either be a lot of fun, kind of boring or really emotional. Today was so emotional, and so sad. But in that group therapy kind of way, sad but cathartic? Anyways, yes. I feel bad for you normal people, I am having some really good experiences in recovery. It really helps. But so I take my sensitive self to see my old friends, who I miss so terribly, and watch an incredibly sad movie and HOLY CRAP. I've been pretty much crying all day, no particular reason, in fact, for me, things are going really darn good! But I've been this sensitive crybaby lately! Must be payback for all those years of complete *****ery.

So much cleaning to do. Love to all and Onestar GOOD LUCK at your interview! That was fast! In this economy, it must be your guardian angel lookin out for you...tell us more about it! Oh and Jeni, thanks for reminding me, if I don't get to the store tonight, my kids won't have lunch tomorrow either....LOL since then it's the weekend and I wish I could have waited to shop Sunday, but oh well. xo Talk to you all later. Michelle
Old 09-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Good day today. I ate clean and completed week 2 of C25K.

JCat- Another trip to D-Land? How cool is that! You go girl!

Nursie- I am a fan of AA. Glad to see your recovery is also a path of self discovery.

Onestar- Great job on the self control and the job interview. Break ups suck- I've been there.

Happy Friday!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 245/219/160

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone Hi gypsy!! i went to the wrong halloween challenge! i didnt follow your link lol so now i guess im in two??? anyways im Danielle, i am 19 newly married. I work in a bakery and im vegan, two years down. When i first started losing weight i was 246 that was about 2 years ago, i got down to 187 my lowest weight ever! and then i got married dooomdooom! and i gained about 20 some pounds in 3 months! i was 205 and i did not want to get back up to were i was so i decided i am still young i need to do this now before i get comfortable. So that is what i am doing, so for the weed... so
water intake. id like to keep it more then the 8 8oz glasses
exercise: for the first few weeks at least 5 days a week for at least an hour a day
eats: being vegan it is hard to go out and eat and it takes so long to cook food that isnt super processed so id like to cook more for myself more veggies! and keep my calories under 1500
D.... when i figure it out ill let you know.
well thats it ill be back later.
o sw. yesterday i was 194.5
gw 184 or less heheheh
MrsVegan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Oh Michelle, I had a Dodge Caravan when the boys were young. Tis absolutely the bomb when your kids are little and hauling friends every where you go. Loved that car for that time in my life....if you are gonna get back in a payment, I vote for the mommy wagon.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote