3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

W.O.W. BOO! Halloween Challenge~~INVITATION and WEEK 1

Old 09-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #46
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Oh my gosh!! I feel like I have no time lately. I know it's the first week back to school so things are crazy, but man!! I will try to catch up. Don't be offended if I miss you. I'm going to hit the higlights.

Yes we have new teacher, but she is grumpy, unhappy, not trying very hard and bit**y. Sounds like fun, huh. I was relieved (after several discussions) of some of my 12 SPec. Ed. kids. I don't know what they were thinking. After pulling teeth I am down to 6. That new teacher got 1 and just about had a hissy fit. Go figure.

TOM has passed through and I was 181 today. Not what I was hoping for. I had better darn well start losing something here real soon or you will all hear me go off, even those far, far away.

NIX- YAY!!! I am so happy for you. Please tell us all about it.

Michelle- I love those posts of yours. Wish I could find an hour in my day for anything at this point. I think I need to go to AA. I need to get in touch with my emotions. Weird things happened to me this summer (can't really speak about them) but I have put my whole life under a microcscope. I don't have a clue what I'm doing or where i want to head or how to get there. I know this is vague but, I got a lot going on in my head. Gotta get it straight. It all has to do with old relationships, new ones and what I deserve out of life.

So Saturday I am doing a 5k. I went ahead and signed up for it, since my leg has been feeling better. I can't seem to run more than .5/mile at a stretch these days. What gives? I'll give it my best.

I will try to be thorough this weekend sometime.

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #47
Calorie Counter

Danielle! Same thing happened to me when I got married. But I went from about 155 to 199 over 2 years.

Michelle you are bound to have an emotional day after everything you have been doing.

Mindy, Wow. Well I am glad you have a few less kids, but wow!

Grazer, congrats on being OP today! No unfortunately I dont get to go to Disneyland again next month because DH cant take a vacation day because it is the first week of Hunting season

So my workout today really sucked. I got 5 minutes into it and my legs started to cramp and my foot started to ache. I tried to keep going for 10 more minutes but gave up. I got on the bike for another 15 minutes. Then I did my weights. OK I gotta go to sleep now.

Oh Maks first real day went well. two pages of homework, plus one book to read.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #48
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

so tired tonight. i'm gonna sleep good for the first time in 3 days. last night my new reality hit me pretty hard and didn't really go to sleep until 3:30am. woke up at 8 with gabrielle and have been super busy all day. i ate OP and got my ecersize in. only got 32 oz water today but i also had some coffe and watered down juice (juice is so sugary). plus i cleaned the garage (more like reorganized) and moved the living room furniture around a little. so i'm gonna get a good nights rest then off to my interview at 8.

so i have a question. what is "personals"? i've seen a couple of you mention it but have no idea what ya'll are talking about.

Last edited by onestar : 09-10-2009 at 09:51 PM.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #49
Stronger Than Yesterday

Smile

Hi gals!!!
Glad to see everyone is doing well.

I'm still around.. things are just picking up speed with September in full swing!

I seem to be stuck in a bit of a weight rut. :/ I've been at it for almost four weeks and I've only lost three pounds. I've lost a little measurement-wise.. but it seems like I'm doing something wrong. I could just be impatient, but my weight has never come off this slow. I can't really figure it out! I'm working out five days a week for one hour each day and eating 1500 calories per day. (I weight 141 pounds and I'm 5'2ish). Could it be that I'm not eating enough/eating too much?? I'm really trying to maintain focus and ignore the numbers but OOOH MY it's frustrating because I've been working really hard at this.

onestar: Good luck with your job interview! Kick some butt!!!

nixmom: CONGRATS on your engagement!! how exciting!

Grazer: Oh gosh I hate when the computer conks out after a huge message!!! So frustrating. Props to you for re-typing it... I don't think I would have had the patience!

NurseMichelle: You know, I hear that A LOT that people don't think they would last as vegetarians but I think you would be surprised!
My favorite veggie dinner? Oooh that would have to be corn on the cob with mashed potatoes and asparagus.. yummmmm!!! I love black beans too! Tofu is ok. It's not my favorite but it really helps to fill out dishes while offering up some protein which is always important. It's SO funny that you said I've been doing jock things! I was never the sporty girl but lately I've been into all kinds of different things. I even played roller derby for a season! I've just been challenging myself I guess.. just to remind myself that there are no limits to what I can do. How are your goals going?? I hear you on the 'sensitive crybaby' thing. I cried at a telephone commercial the other day!!!

MsVegan00: Props to you for being vegan! I tried it a few years ago and I lasted about two months until I decided to switch to vegetarian. It's a great lifestyle!

JasonsLea: Your profile pic is TOO CUTE. Haha, I love it!

Ok.. so onto the deets.

Here is my WEED for yesterday:
W: Kept up with the four cups of water before drinking anything else, so I'm happy with that! I think in the future I'll up that to six, but not just yet.
E: Went to the BodyStep class and WORKED IT. Lately with the classes I've been going to I've been focused on giving it everything I've got and it really seems to be upping my endurance. Yay!
E: Ate well all day with no cheats. Even resisted eating dinner out and cooked a healthy dinner full of veggies instead.
D: Daily goal was to make sure I made it to the gym without my gym buddy (she was busy) and I did it.

WEED for today!
W: Accomplished the four cup before any other drink goal!
E: Went to BodyAttack class and OOOH MY did I feel it! I only did that class once, a couple of years ago and I was almost sick to my stomach that time around. I worked super hard today but I kept up so I was pretty proud of myself!
E: One of my lovely co-workers brought licorice around today and another brought small chocolates. :/ I ate both but justified it by walking to my piano lesson (extra 40 mins of exercise). Aside from that, no mishaps.
D: Must keep reminding myself that although the scale isn't moving that I should be proud of my accomplishments so far! I can kick butt when I want to!

Have a great Friday ladies!! I'm excited for a hot date with the man.. dinner and live theatre.. three of my favorite things!

Keep kickin' it girls!
juliebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #50
Reinvent Yourself!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default This was supposed to be short!

Heya ladies!

So much going on here! Once again, it may be later before I get to personals. I’ll have a lot of catching up to do. Just got back from grocery shopping with Fiance-man. HA! Love it. So here’s the not quite Cinderella and not quite Prince Charming… but endearing proposal story.

I got home Tuesday, messed around with the dog for a bit. Found myself covered in dog hair when J arrived home. He brought naughty food (Mexican food). We sat and talked while we ate. I was mowing down a delectable taco when he got up and went in the other room. I thought nothing of it and continued to chow. Just while I was trying to decide whether the last of my taco should be taken in one (too big really) or two (small is no fun) bites, J came and stood RIGHT beside me… hands in pockets. With dog hair on my shirt, and grease from my taco running down my face, and mouth full of food, I looked up and asked “what are you doing?” He knelt down (yes, one knee ladies) and asked, “Will you just marry me forever and ever and ever?”

There I was in all of my glory, and pooch hair, and I said “Are you kidding? OF COURSE I WILL! Can I was my hands first?” I gave him a big greasy kiss (sorry babe) and ran off to wash my hands! Here’s the picture you girls have been asking for….

Can you say PLATNUM! WOOT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ring1 - Copy.jpg (17.5 KB, 12 views)

http://kjsquest.wordpress.com/
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #51
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Is it too late to join up? I've been looking for some motivation.

Starting weight - 301
First goal - 275 (MET)
Second goal - 250
Third goal - 225
Fourth goal - 200 (100lbs down)
moon safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:44 PM   #52
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi gang, third post today, I know, I'm a dork. Just wanted to say GOODNIGHT! Had an awesome night tonight at aftercare, stayed over and participated in regular group...will tell you all about it tomorrow, but I am just getting so passionate about recovery. I could talk and talk about it. But will spare you all, until tomorrow.

random thoughts....

MoonSafari, we are totally happy to have you on board, and for future reference, future people, it is NEVER too late!!!! I promise! Jump in and say hey, tell us more about yourself! xo

"Personals" just means going back and responding to each person individually, I try to keep up, and make people feel special, since I feel special if someone comments on something I wrote, plus it helps me keep everybody straight. Yea, I did those long personals on page two but holy crap, I NEVER have it in me to do all that with any frequency. Don't feel pressured to do it!

Oh and did you notice in my siggy that we invented a chatroom? Of course, we all live in different time zones, never agree on when to meet there (LOL) but we pop over there sometimes and leave messages. Maybe we will set something up.

See you all in the morning. xo Michelle
Old 09-11-2009, 05:36 AM   #53
Calorie Counter

onestar, like Michelle said, personals is trying to respond to each person, and don't feel pressured to do it. Good luck with your interview.

Julie, actually at your weight, 3 pounds in 4 weeks is pretty good.

Kris, that story is great actually. The ring is beautiful.

moon safari just join right up we love having people join us!

Michelle~ I hope you are getting a good nights rest tonight.

UGG work week is about to start. For you gals who don't know me, I work an odd shift. I do 12 hour shifts 4 am- 4 pm here is my normal schedule: Fri-Mon ON Tues OFF WED-Thurs ON Fri-Mon OFF Tues ON Wed-Thurs ON~ its a 14 day schedule I rarely work out at the gym on days I work. My job has me walking 8-12 miles during the day.

My legs and feet feel better today. If I have the energy I may go to the gym today after work DH will have Tommy and Mak so why not?

W 80 oz
E Try to do extra laps/Try to get to the gym
E 1200 CLEAN cals stick to the good stuff!
D get to the gym for 30 minutes.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #54
Stronger Than Yesterday

Good morning all,
Thought I would get my WEED in early as tonight will be busy!

Jeni: Glad your feet and legs are feeling better! Oh my gosh, 4 am - 4 pm? What a wild shift! I suppose you're used to it though? You think my 3 pounds in 4 weeks is ok? I guess I've just been much more diligent lately so I expected more. Ah well, gotta take what I can get I guess. Hope you have a great day.

Ok here is today's WEED.
W: Drink four glasses in the morning
E: Taking a rest day.
E: Going out for dinner tonight so I must account for that today.
D: Eat as healthy at possible at the restaurant!

Have a great day everyone!
juliebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #55

S/C/G: 255/244.2/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie

Hi all. Would enjoy joining this challenge if OK> I am very new to this site and need motivation -
waterlilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:20 PM   #56
yes girl

so, i went to the job interview but i dont think it is going to be a good fit mainly because they do not offer health benefits, but also because there are not a lot of patients and thats why i got laid off from my previous job. there were just not enough patients, or money, to keep me around. so, i think my best bet might be a hospital for 1.)job security and 2.) more likely to offer health benefits.

w: at least 64oz.
e: eat healthy
e: 45 min. on treadmill (get in at least 5 min. of jogging)
d: will order something healthy when i go to dinner tonight for my aunts birthday

Old 09-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #57
yes girl

sw: 177
gw: 161

week 1: 174.6 good start
week 2:
week 3:
week 4:
week 5:
week 6:
week 7:
week 8:

Old 09-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #58
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hallo all!!!! Just a quick pop in. Gotta, gotta, GOTTA get this house clean. I am rationing out TEN, just TEN minutes to post. LOL Let's see how that works out for me.

Having a FAB day. Went to Chance program 9a-11:30a, feeling good there, but it ran late, didn't get out until about noon (stayed over to borrow the fax, machine, chat, blah blah blah) so I missed my noon AA meeting, no big deal, I've been to at least four meetings already this week. Came home, changed and went to the gym! <---Yay me....Went to McD's got that grilled chicken ceasar salad with Italian dressing (seems to be a staple of mine lately, and pretty calorie friendly, plus I am addicted to that coffee) and took it over to my dads house, still bird-sitting until Sunday. Came home with enough time to CLEAN this house (don't you HATE when your house smells, but you don't know why? I think I have some yucky fruit somewhere, but the house needs cleaned too) When the kids get off the bus at 4:15 we have to go to the bowling alley, because Rachel needs to pre-bowl since she'll miss the start of her league tomorrow morning because of soccer, and she has to pre-bowl before 5 pm. The evening is up in the air, but I hope Mike will want to take the kids and ride our bikes. Did I tell you guys I got a ladies ten speed on freecycle?!?!? Can you believe it!? A free bike! It's a little rusty but it actually looks kind of nice if you ask me. Good karma, I think.

I want to do some personals, but remember, I only took five minutes for the computer but I wanted to hit some highlights.....

Onestar, are you a nurse? I loved working in the hospital. But it was really, really stressful. When I go back to work in November (fingers crossed!) I am planning on going somewhere less stressful and no access to narcotics, don't need any temptation, though I'll be on six month narc restriction anyway. Still. I have some friends in hemodialysis and they seem really excited about that, and renal/diabetic was my focus when I was working so that sounds like a good fit for me. Anyhoo....sorry the interview didn't feel like a good fit. But at least you feel that now, and are listening to your gut feeling.

WaterLilli, I am so happy you are here. Make yourself at home, tell us more about yourself, and COME BACK SOON! xo

Jeni, gearin up for workweek, uggggghhhh. Kris, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ring, and the proposal was sweet. So YOU. And that ring is somewhere in the middle, isn't it? Not too obnoxiously flashy and so subtle and classy without being too plain. Totally love it.

But I saved you for last Mindy. You were vague in your last post, and that's okay, of course. Just know that I'm behind you no matter what path you choose. It sounds like you are struggling more that we knew all summer, and I'm sorry for that! I am always wishing I knew about AA principles or had something similar withOUT the addiction problem. I guess it's kind of like counselling or group therapy, but really it is so much better. Try researching Emotions Anonymous. I had never heard of such a thing but found it researching these support groups. It sounds like it is for people struggling with really strong feelings about ANYthing. I've been considering OA, and even Gamblers Anonymous, but it really boils down to just being me, just being clean/sober today. Working my program, getting in touch with my Higher Power and working on being a wife and mother for now, and the rest will fall in place. No need to elaborate on your issues until you are ready, no pressure there. But I'd love to talk program with you (or anyone!) if you are interested.

I feel kinda funny about offering like that. I would never try to offend anyone about things like that....people who push beliefs or God/religion on others, you know? And seriously, in my five months of sobriety, I've learned alot but am by NOOOOO means any kind of expert, but being that earliest recovery is so fresh in my mind, I can relate to whatever anyone is struggling with. I see myself being a sponsor someday. I think that helping others recover is becoming a calling for me. Maybe even professionally someday.

Well exceeded the ten minute limit, and still didn't say hi to everyone, but know that I'm thinking of you all, am out here trying my best to stay healthy and wish the same for all of you. Have a safe and happy weekend. XO michelle
Old 09-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #59

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Good result this week. Down #3. I realize that it is probabley water weight but I'll take it! Starting C25K week 3 tomorrow and I am returning to my aerobics classes next week. I hope the commitment stays high!

Jcat- hope you have a good work week

MTig- I can relate to what you think you're being vague about. Does what I just typed even make sense? I think that around our mid 30s or so we start trying to make sense of it all. Nostalgic maybe? Feeling that we want to do more with our lives? I've been there for months.

One- WTG on the loss!

Moon and Water- Welcome!

Nix- Love the ring and the story.

Hugs to anyone I missed!
Old 09-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #60
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Let me say thanks for caring and I may PM a couple of you. Not something I want broadcast all over you understand. Emotions annonymous??? Never heard of it. Maybe it would help. I have 1 friend I can talk to, which helps some. I'm just very confused.

Grazer- You Do seem to understand. I want more than I've got. Losing weight has made me feel like I deserve AND can now have more also. It's kinda weird.

Nix- Great story. It's how I would want it to be myself. The ring is beautiful. Hang onto that guy. The good ones are few and far between.

My weight is still holding around 181, 180.8 to be exact. I really need that post TOM whoosh. Come on now.

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.