Old 08-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #61  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

shasha ~ Man I would be stoked about kickboxing as well. When I was 20, I took them and did it often and loved every minute of it. Enjoy!

jessica ~ Yup, you can't pay any attention to ol' Darth Scale..he will fluctuate often. The good thing about weighing daily is you definitely begin to notice those patterns. I have wrote down my weight everyday since May and I definitely have a good grasp on the fluctuations and what caused them.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #62  

Height: 5'6"

Hi chicks,

Thankfully I lost the Sunday weight plus another .2. I was kind of surprised.

Sandye: Yeah we homeschool. My son is 10 and my daughter is 7. It can be very stressful at times but I am happy with my choice to keep them home. I always knew even when I was a teenager that I would homeschool my kids.
I hope your son is feeling better soon.

Delphi: I'm happy with the color and it will go with practically anything so it will be easy to change decor in there. We have a lot of different colors in our house as well. My bedroom is green, master bath dark red, kids room light blue, kitchen is peachy/orange, living room is hard to describe, a darker purple-ish taupe. We've done a light goldish faux finish on some of the basement walls (its unfinished down there, hopefully one of these days it will be more than just a huge storage room)

My sister, her dh and six kids will be here later so I have tons to do!

Just did 37 minutes on the treadmill and need a shower.
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 189.2/ see ticker /160

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. My internet has been down at home and I've been swamped at work. Sorry I've been a stranger.
I went to the Iowa State Fair last weekend and had a great time. I did choose to partake in some "local delicacies," but it was very much a choice and other than a couple cheese curds and some cotton candy (I cotton candy) I ate healthy.
This week I'm doing well so far and I'm drinking LOTS of water. I'm feeling much better for it too. Tonight I'll do some C25K after work and I'm making chili and corn bread for dinner.
Have a great day!
jeannep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #64  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

jeannep ~ Oh my gosh, I used to love me some cotton candy, I bet that was a treat. Enjoy your dinner...sounds yummy!

ruth ~ Sounds like my kind of house.

Well didn't get that cardio in, but I did get thirty minutes on the treadmill this morning and thirty more this evening..so it was a good day. Took some more progress pics today but I just updated my progress picture thread. You'll have to click the link, if ya want a gander. At any rate, we are starting season 4 tonight of LOST. Can't wait. Well you ladies have a groovy evening. I'm outty 5000 yo! (just for you Sandye)
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Delphi~ DAAAAAAAAAAAAANG SON!!!! (as my littlest sister says) You're SMOKIN'!!! I always love looking at your progress pics, you never cease to amaze me with how far you've come!!! Wowza!!!!!

I'd post more, but I'm harfin' down my dinner (cod, grilled zucchini & squash AND grilled sweet tatoes! Mmmm!) and I need to watch for my MIL.

I'll be back later!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #66  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey Ladies!! It's been a week or so since i've posted, but i'm happy to say we finally switched our internet service and we are back online!! YAY! So now i'll have 24 hour access to the site and you gals! You all sound like your doing well and staying on plan! I have a lot of catch up reading to do!

I twisted my ankle on sunday, so yesterday i didn't work out at all So to make up for it i had a LONG workout today. I added sit ups to my routine, about 2 weeks ago and MAN have my abs been sore. LoL It's been YEARS since i've attempted to do those!

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good day today
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:57 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

OMG I was gone for a long weekend and I don't even know where my last post was....LOL

Anyway....I wasn't the best over the weekend. I worked at the Avon Breast Cancer Booth at a local festival and we raised over $200 from pocket change. I think that was pretty good. I didn't have an Indian Taco while at the fair so I am super happy with that, but because I didn't eat at regular intervals I was SOOOO hungry Sat. night that I ate 2 helpings of supper and a rice krispie bar. Oh well. I have been really good since and have lost a little more weight.
I am also keeping up with weights and running. On Sat. I will run a 5K too.
Hope you all are doing great.
I won't be able to read all the posts, but congrats to those of you that are doing well. Hang in there for those of you like me that had a minor detour over the weekend and everyone get up and move!

Last edited by jeweliek; 08-18-2009 at 05:58 PM.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #68  

Height: 6'1

So wierd, but I have been craving mushrooms like crazy lately. And whats funny is that I swear up until last week, I wasn't a fan of them. Unfortunatly,hunger has hit me all of a sudden. I found a yummy recipe for chicken marsala with ****ake mushrooms on cookinglight.com so I'm going to run home and start defrosting the chicken before heading to the store for some ingredients. Have to do all this before 6:30 kickboxing. Well, we will actually eat dinner after working out, but after working out I usually like my food to be ready. Have never tried this recipe, wish me luck
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #69  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hello Helloooo!

So sorry I've been so absent but the start of the school year is always a flurry of activity. I've had some ups and downs but for the most part all is well. Curves found my measurements and so far I've lost 7.5 inches in 2 months... which I can definitely live with. I'm not looking for fast results... I'm looking for permanent ones. Woohoo!

First day of week 3 c25k scared me and the 3 minute runs felt long but I was able to do it. I took my time and ran pretty slowly....but not TOO slowly I don't think... and and and... I even had to do it AFTER work since my ipod was dead when I woke up this morning and I didn't have anything else to keep time. Sucky. Made it through though!

I am on the laptop with a dying battery so long personals aren't going to cut it but here's what I can remember:

Delphi - I checked out your progress pictures and they are amazing and inspiring!! Thank you for sharing. Progress picks give me such a lift and really motivate me. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with your knees. I've got one I'm not too sure about but it only started hurting after I ran on Sunday when I sprinted the last 90 second interval... stupid. Good luck!

cmo4 - Man, I bet your son isn't happy to be missing school so soon either. The beginning is when it's fun and different... Glad to hear the 3 minutes didn't kill you either! I guess all 3 of us made it, eh? I am scared to look ahead to next week!

Shasha - I too have been having odd cravings... I've had avocado one time in my life outside of guacamole and I've been craving avocado like crazy and today... boiled carrots of all things. Who the heck craves boiled carrots? I'm taking it as my body wanting some nutrient and so I'm going out to buy avocado and carrots. Maybe there's something in the mushrooms you need?

misspiggy - welcome to the land of 24 hour internet again!

Ok that's as far back as I can remember and I've got to get going!
Take care and smile!!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

OK.. I am not going to get out of the 180s. There's something going on with my body. I don't know if it's the fiber supplement I'm on, my cysts on my ovaries, or what.. but I'm just not going down at all.

so I will be happy if I am just below 185!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #71  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey everybody...just stopping by to say hello. Been with my mom after her double knee surgery yesterday. Slept at the hospital last night and will again tonight. Then will go home tomorrow evening so that I can get my 2 oldest kids off to college Thursday (DS) and Saturday (DD).

Very tired and VERY off plan. Eating has been not so good and exercise has been nil although I am taking the stairs whenever possible. I have not exercised since Friday morning except for a half hour on an ancient treadmill...didn't even have a cup holder for my bottle.

No time for personals...don't even have time to check the pages of posts on all the threads I follow. I do hope EVERYBODY is doing great!!!

Joci
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:22 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good evening girlies! Back from Open House, girls are in bed and it's time to catch up!

Darby~ woo hoo! Size 12's that's awesome!! Bummer about the movie, odd that the theater didn't open at it's normal time...I used to work at a theater and opening shift started at the same time no matter what time the first show started. Hee hee, that was a fun job! Good times, good times.

Delphi~ hey, you take it nice and slow with that knee--besides, I started thinking about it, and C25K isn't a race, it's a program to get you running! There's no time limit or particular pace you have to set. Remember what Robert says? You should be able to talk while running. I definitely started having a hard time talking after 90 seconds at 6.2! "*puff-puff*--I--*huff-puff*--am gunna--*puff-cough-puff*--die!!!!" I'm glad I slowed it down some, I really want to ease myself into running again. I gotta say, I'm surprised that my bum knee hasn't bothered me yet (Knocking on wood feverishly right now!!!), not sure if it's from all the ST'ing or what, but I am ever so thankful!

Shasha
~ woo hoo on the WT'ing! That back and booty will be toned in no time!! Dinner sounds yummy, can I come over? Have a great workout tonight!! Weird about craving mushrooms--I've been having cravings the past couple of days too--but not healthy ones. But, I've resisted, it's just odd that they've come out of nowhere.

MsP~ WTG avoiding all the fair food! It's so tough when those smells smack ya in the face isn't it? But you stayed strong! Woo hoo!!! Thanks, he seems to be feeling a little better, but still only managed to eat a pb&j today and nothing else. I think he may have a low grade fever too and his stomach is still bugging him a bit. His teacher said she had 3 kids out today...sigh...and so it begins. Be prepared--public school can do a number on the kiddos come cold and flu season. However, my friend home schools her 3 and I always tease her because come Winter it seems like all of them are constantly sick and we usually only battle one or two colds.

Jessica~ WTG staying strong last night!! I'm glad you're not letting the scale bug you, sometimes daily weighing can be frustrating, but it sounds like you are tuning into your body's fluctuations. Glad to hear you're going to try some bigger breakfasts--a piece of fruit certainly wouldn't cut it for me anymore--used to, but not now that I workout in the mornings.

Ruth~ before I had the girls I really thought about home schooling the boys. I was really into teaching them all I could and both were reading by 4yrs. Now, once I had the girls I couldn't even think straight let alone plan lessons so off to public school they went. My oldest thrives in a classroom full of kids, my younger ds, well, he had some trouble adjusting to kinder but seems to be enjoying first so far so I'm happy.

JeanneP~ ooh, wait, you're having chili and cornbread for dinner? Now I don't know where to go for dinner, your house or Shasha's! Mmm, cotton candy--why is that stuff so dang good? I just love the smell and nothing beats that first bite (before your hands get covered in sticky sugar and it becomes too messy ). Glad to hear you're drinking your water!

MissPiggy~ Hurray for the 24 hr internet! Sorry to hear about your ankle--take it easy, those things take forever to heal if you mess them up bad enough! Glad to hear you're abs are making themselves heard--that soreness is what we like to call a Badge of Honor! Wear it proudly!

Jewelie~ well, it sounds like you didn't do a bit of damage having 2nds at dinner--so no harm, no foul. And bravo for not having an Indian Taco (not sure I've ever heard of that) at the fair!! Will power is a great thing isn't it? Good luck on Saturday--I hope you'll come back here and tell us all about it!!

SG~ I can only imagine how busy you must be! The two teachers I met today had all of 20 mins to go over all of their class schedules/routines/policies/etc. with us parents and had 3 different groups of parents to give the speech to. I know they must have spent forever prepping for it on top of all their other teaching responsibilities! So a big giant to you for being a teacher!!! Glad to hear you survived C25K today--after work no less! Woo hoo! I think maybe each Sunday you, Delphi and I--and anyone else who's doing it--should come here and give each other pep talks about the upcoming week! I have confidence that we'll make it through!!!

Hotsplashes~ aww, sorry to hear you're having trouble losing. It could be the fiber, or the cysts or maybe you're gaining muscle and not seeing a loss. Whatever the reason, know that you will start losing again, just stay strong and as Delphi says, 'Keep fighting the good fight!'.

Jacque
~ Hey hun! Wow, sounds like you've got a pretty full plate! Don't sweat being OP for now, I'm sure once everything settles down you'll be right back on track in no time. Hope your mom recovers quickly, that your kids have a safe trip to school and that you don't shed too many tears when the go.

Well girls, Open House went well. I really think the boys lucked out with their teachers this year! Especially my youngest ds. She's so sweet! She's one of those super patient teachers and she's taken courses on how to teach kids with ADD/ADHD as well as lots of other workshops and courses. She just seems to be very passionate about her job which is fantastic. I giggled when I sat at his desk, in the upper left corner was a little post it that said "Ryan M Needs Bigger Desk and Bigger Chair" My boy is TALL for his age and well, even the desks are too small for him.

Babysitting went well, Grandma brought sparkly beady necklaces and bracelets for the girls and when I got home Em was decked out in all of them! My fil came over after I left and when I got home and asked hubby how it went he said, 'Fine! My dad's in trouble though.' I asked why and he said, 'Because now that we know they can handle all 4--we're going to be asking them to watch them all the time!'

Okay, well, I need to usher the boys upstairs to bed--it's past their bedtime (I'm hoping that keeping the oldest one up will help make him extra tired so no insomnia occurs) and I'm getting tired too. Hope everyone had a great day! Sleep well and I'll catch ya tomorrow!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

CrazyMomof4: you are missing out. Indian Tacos are Bread Dough rolled like a pizza crust and then deep fat fried....take it out and use it as the base....add some refried beans, cheese, taco meat and all the other yummy toppings and then drool!

YUM

So happy that your daughter got a great teacher....with ADD the teacher really does make the year!
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #74  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Hey all! I have been MIA a lot lately as my sis and her family have been visiting from the UK for the last month. I am up 0.2 as I have not been exercising or counting my points.

On the positive, my sis took me shopping at stores I have always been intimidated by. We went to Ann Taylor Loft and I bought a size 12 jeans! I started my journey to a new life at a size 20 so this is amazing to me.

My exercise neighbor is also back from a 6 week vacation so we are going to hit the road tomorrow for a nice 4 miler. Time to get my butt in gear.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:52 PM   #75  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

from vacation!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote