3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

August Weight Loss Challenge-thread 2

Old 08-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #46
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5/8

Shasha ~ That sounds good..I think any improvement is a good thing. Good for you!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #47
Never stop dreaming!

Height: 5'5"

Delphi~ Okay, I totally have no idea what that means, so you're right--it's totally lost on me! Ahhh, it would be nice if Sylvester was sexy and delicious, perhaps he was once, but alas, he is an older gentleman from Russia with a very thick accent--and the BEST butter-cream frosting in the world!!! Ooh, not to mention his carrot cake was TDF!!! And the vanilla with lemon filling...Mmmm, dangit, now I'm drooling! Good think I'm so far away from him or I'd be banging down his doors right now!

Shasha~ Oh believe me, they are delicious--and this is coming from a girl who grew up hating sweet potatoes!! You have amazing will power, there's no way I could have walked out of a Chinese restaurant with brown rice, steamed veggies and broiled chicken--no way! I mean, unless there was some sort of sauce involved, then yeah, okay--but none?! You are one strong chickie!!! Mmm, man, that reminds me of a place called Teriyaki Bowl where I used to live--man oh man, a big bowl containing everything you mentioned (but I always got white rice) and the super yummy teriyaki type sauce, super good and crazy cheap!! Ahhh...memories...

Well girls, my oldest came home saying he felt sick. Upset stomach, headache--I just cleaned out his lunch box--he ate a granola bar, one bit of his sandwich and some carrots. Poor kid, I don't know if he's not feeling well because he's so tired or if he's not able to sleep because he's sick...man, I hope he's feeling better tomorrow--I can't imagine him missing a day of school this early into it. Sigh...

We did a mini Birthday celebration for the girls tonight--more cup cakes passed around and again I passed. I am saving myself for Sunday!

I forgot to mention a NSV that happened today! My friend Lisa came over (the one who helped me get back on the wagon--the one I report to weekly) and a few times she would just blurt out, "I'm sorry, but I can't stop looking at you! You're an entirely different person!" or "You just look amazing!" it felt great--but embarrassed me a bit too--I'm not really all that great at taking compliments. Anyway, it was sure was nice of her to say.

Okay, so Week 3 Day 1 of C25K tomorrow...I think I need to go read through what I'm going to do so I can mentally prepare myself. After that, I'm going to bed!!! I never did get my 2nd cup of coffee and I'm one tired puppy!

Have a great night girlies!! See you tomorrow!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #48
Never stop dreaming!

ACK!!! Delphi's right, there's two 3 minute runs in there!

Okay, I can do this...I know I can do this...I'm pretty sure I can do this...yeah, I can...well, yeah...maybe--no, I CAN--it might be ugly...but...I going to run those 3 mins come heck or high water!!!!

*gulp*

Wish me luck ladies...

Last edited by iDream : 08-18-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #49

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Hello Ladies!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. NOt weighing in this week as it's that TOM again. So I'll weigh next week when I know it's over.

HOt has heck here and doesn't help with the humidity. And found someone in my garden stealing my tomatoes!!!

Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:17 AM   #50
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Height: 5'6"

Sandye; Yeah, I went through a lot with my ears when I was younger getting them pierced. I just don't want to over do it or keep running a block to the Stainless Steal to ask the guy if it's okay, kwim? Do you remember how long it took for yours to heal. They're telling me it'll take 6-9 months and that I have to clean it the entire time. And I'll have to try that this weekend (even Wednesday for my best friend's birthday.) Thanks. Sounds simple enough. Maybe I'll also pop in a breath mint or gum. Thanks!

Delphi; Thank you. And when you put it like that; take it easy on the torso, it really puts it into perspective that I didn't think about before. Maybe because it's coming from a woman and not a man? haha. I just am worried about over cleaning it too, especially after a shower with all the soap I have to make sure doesn't remain. And one of my motivations is, by the time this thing is completely healed? I will most likely be able to enjoy it in my bikini. That's what I keep reminding myself.

Shasha; Yes I do. I hadn't ever been to Pike Place before that, though. My mother works in Seattle so going there on weekends isn't something she wants to do often. I live in the city right next to Seattle. So close, that bands that play at the Everett Events Center sometimes call it Seattle. Then we yell that it isn't Seattle. Haha, but yeah. I live about 30-40 minutes in good traffic. I HATE the freeway driving there. It terrifies me. I would suggest going to the water front when you visit. Yes, Seattle Science Center is fun, but it does cost and is mostly children oriented. Pike Place and the Water Front, I think are amazing. Then again, I've been to the Center many times and there's more walking to do in Pike Place and the Water Front. I wish I could have stayed longer and seen more. I have weekday motivation! Now I realize I need Weekend motivation. XD I think I will need to repeat what Sandye said and pop in some gum and journal. I love the use of a journal. Your lunch actually sounded really good. I love Chicken, veggies, and rice; I just hate cooking the chicken. XD WTG on staying OP at a restaurant. I hope I can do that next time I visit one!

Hotsplashes; It's getting Humid here too, at least Humid and Hot for Washington! That's horrible someone is trying to steal your tomatoes! I've heard of it and wondered who would do that sort of thing! Do you have a fence or something or even chicken wire to make a fence?

Well, I went on two long walks, probably about an hour each. I am exhausted and just want to sleep! I know that I will end up waking up a few times due to the slightly elevated way I have to sleep with the piercing (slightly in the sit up position.) I wasn't completely OP, but I did take my vitamins and drank a lot of water. I do regret drinking a coke. I am trying to cut soda out completely, and don't usually drink caffeine, it makes me really break out in acne. I feel okay about my day today; proud of my walking, but not so much my eating. Tomorrow will be better!

Night Ladies.

Last edited by Miss Mallee : 08-18-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:13 AM   #51

Height: 5'6"

I guess the pizza wasn't a good idea yesterday, I'm up a pound today. It wasn't just the pizza though, I had the munchies last night and ate more than I should have.
Today hasn't been that great either. My sister and her family might be coming in the next couple of days and my house is a wreck because I've been going through stuff trying to declutter. I have rubbermaid boxes everywhere so I was trying to get finished up and didn't have time to exercise or fix a healthy dinner so had dh bring something home for supper. I think I still within my calorie range though.

We did get the bathroom repainted. First dh brought home a wheat color paint, but after he put a little on the wall he wasn't happy with it, said it looked too much like skin color. So we took the gallon back to Lowes and was able to get them to make it a medium brown color called "faint maple". It reminds me of hot cocoa. Now it looks great. I have ordered a new towel bar set and a new faucet in oil rubbed bronze, can't wait to get them installed.
Just need to get the trim painted, get a painting, and find a shelf for over the toilet.

One of our goats died on Sunday so that was depressing. We're talking about getting rid of all our goats and chickens so that we can decrease our stress and work a little. We've been spread so thin lately and my kids are starting school in two weeks and I still have a lot to do to get ready for that. I just ordered my son's school books today, already have dd's materials ready. I have enjoyed my summer vacation and I'm not really ready to start school yet! All that paper grading, daily preparation, ugh.
Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

December Goal

One for every 5lbs lost:
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:08 AM   #52
There is no spoon!

Good Morning Ladies

Ruth ~ For a split second I had the notion to go with this light brown color as well. Alas, I did not. Good to hear you are happy with the finished product though.

Miss Mallee ~ You know, I think "almost" anything sounds better coming from a female. I highly doubt you can over clean. My son, has a feeding tube in his stomach and I clean that thing around seven times a day and did so when he first got it, so I highly doubt you can over clean. Just be mindful of the soap.

hotsplashes ~ You actually caught someone stealing your tomatoes? Oh my gosh. I'm not sure if that would have angered me or completely humored me...but probably a little of both.

Sandye ~ Hey don't sweat it. The next time though, I think I'm gonna put something on the puter so at least I can take my mind off of the running. That last run seemed to drag on forever...good luck. I'm sure you wont have any problems at all darling. Ooooooo and thank your friend for me. I'm thrilled people are praising you for your hard work...because you so deserve it Sandye. Where's mom? I hope she is well. At any rate, on the NSV. Have yourself a most excellent day dahhhhhhling.

Alright ladies, gonna try to get an extra 24oz of water in today...I've been making it to 70 -80 everyday, but I think I need a little more. Isn't it supposed to be, drink half your body weight? AT any rate, the scale is still dropping by increments. Finally getting rid of this water, but I think the C25k is taking it's toll on me. I felt so much better with the MFC cardio, so I don't know. I wore a knee brace yesterday during my C25k and that really helped. They didn't hurt all day, but still felt a little weak. Eh, I don't know. I'm gonna give it to the end of the month. I just feel like I'm fallin' behind because on my days off from the C25k, I can't do my heart pumping cardio, because I have to let my knees heal up. Urg, what's a girl to do? At any rate, I have to get busy. I think I actually get to leave the house this morning and get some shopping done. I hope you ladies have a grrrrrrrrrrreat day ahead. Drink plenty of water and don't forget to smile.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #53
Never stop dreaming!

Good morning girls!!!

Hotsplashes~ sorry to hear TOM's in town--ugh...that guy just doesn't know when to take a hint! I can't believe someone was stealing your tomatoes! Did you say anything? Did they know you caught them or did you see them from inside or something? I'm with Delphi though--not sure how I'd react, I think I'd be irked, but then again, how desperate for home grown tomatoes is this person? I've always heard they're the best!!

Molly~ man, I don't think it took 6-9 months and I KNOW I wasn't cleaning it daily (I had issues with my ears--gotta have gold or stainless/surgical steel posts) that far into it. I want to say a month at the most, I mean, I think from time to time there would be a little irritation, but nothing too severe. Honestly though, it's been 7 years 3 kids ago so the details are fuzzy. I'll ask my mom how long hers took to heal--oh yeah, did I mention that she got hers pierced with me? My mom ROCKS!

Ruth~ man, pizza is the devil! Don't fret it, it's over with and today will be an OP day!! Glad you got your bathroom painted a nice color! I can't wait to see how it all comes together! So sorry to hear about your goat. Poor thing. I'm guessing you home school by the way you were talking about grading and prepping--kudos to you! I wish I had it in me to home school!

Delphi~ aw man, I'm sorry to hear your knees are taking a beating! How fast are you running on the treadmill? Perhaps you could slow down a tad so as to go a bit easier on the knees? I dropped my speed a bit once I got my HRM to try to stay within my target HR...plus, when I'm doing the C25K I'm not going for speed so much as stamina. Made it through today's run without dropping dead--but ran at 5.1/5.2, whereas with the HIIT I'm running 6.5-6.7'ish. The C25K has definitely thrown a wrench in my workout plan this month! I've been all over the place trying to tweek it and I'm glad I added the HIIT back in because, like you, I don't feel quite as much after the C25K as I do the other cardio workout. I'm sure by the time we're done we'll be singing a different tune though huh? Take care of those knees dear!! As for Mom, well, I'm going to call her in a bit and check in with her--I didn't chat with her this weekend so I need to catch up with her. I'll report back on her later!

Well, my oldest is home from school. It's bugging the tar out of me that he's already missing school, but he ended up puking last night and still has no appetite and a headache today, so what else can I do? I don't want to send him to school to pass it around to everyone else...sigh...

Tonight's Open House and my ils are coming over to watch the kids for a little bit since hubby can't leave work early--wish them luck! One of the girls is going through an insane paranoia of 'strangers' (basically anyone other than mom, dad & siblings) and I just hope that my ils come through this unscathed.

Not much planned today, housework, laundry, maybe start cleaning off the walls in the girls' room to prep for priming...we'll see. I also want to plan out dinners for the rest of the week. I'm sick of standing in front of the fridge at 4:00pm trying to figure out what to make! So, if anyone has any yummy dinner ideas, feel free to toss them my way!

Okay ladies, well, I need to go get Sleeping Beauty out of bed. Have a great day and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #54

Hello!
Well, I had an extended weekend, which turned into too much food and too much wine. I'm back in control again now, though.

I never did see "Julie & Julia". My sister and I met up at the theater about 15 minutes before the movie was supposed to start and there were no employees there. The place was locked up tight. They finally showed up (after the start time of the movie) and said the next showing wasn't until 2 hours later. Apparently they change the movie times on Fridays, but they didn't bother to change the time on the big board. We ended up going to the mall and buying clothes. That was fun. I bought a pair of size 12 jeans that I can zip up. I can't breathe in them, but I got them on!! I plan to be able to fit into them properly by the end of September. Anyway, for those of you looking for new clothes/jeans, the Gap is having some pretty good sales right now.

Alright, I need to get downstairs to work out.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:12 AM   #55
There is no spoon!

Sandye ~ Sounds like you guys will be busy tonight. I opt out of those things unless there is a problem, otherwise I explain my situation and do most of them via phone. Which helps out a lot for me. Way to go on getting that c25k done this morning and yeah, I'm not running at all fast. I'm walking at 3.0 and jogging at 4.3 -4.5...so ya know..I don't know.

Darby ~ Thanks for the heads up on the Gap.

I just come home from grocery shopping and a little trek to wally world to get a floor lamp to put in my living room. I'll check in later, but so far so good on water and food.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #56

Height: 6'1

Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in for the day. I did some WT yesterday at the gym and my arms are a little sore. I hope that with a lot of hard work, I can have a defined back and a better booty, hehe.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #57
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Good (late) morning everyone! Just a quick check-in before I get rolling for the day. I got my C25K in this morning and eating is OP, now I just need some motivation to clean out my children's closets! That is today's cleaning project. I hope to get more done, but we'll see how it goes.
I'm thrilled to report that I resisted theme park food yesterday (though the smells were killing me!!!) and ate a healthy meal and snack that we brought and drank plenty of water. I also came back with no sunburn. All goals met for yesterday! I was rewarded with a nice loss today, too. I'm down to 151.4 which puts me less than 2 pounds from my goal.

Sandye-My DS is 9 and this will be his first year of public school. (I mentioned before we've homeschooled 'til now.) The regular school year doesn't start here for a couple weeks, so I don't know how he'll handle it. Sorry your little man is having a rough time. Better to be safe, though, and let him work out this bug, poor guy!

Delphi-Hope your knees feel better...the brace sounds like an excellent idea. Good idea, too, just seeing how you're doing at the end of the month. If C25K isn't doing you any good at that point, drop it and do what does work, kwim?

Darby-Thanks for the tip on Gap. Bummer about missing the movie. I'd like to see that one...but it'd probably make me hungry! Good luck being comfy in those jeans by the end of next month. I think that's a great goal!

Later ladies!

Last edited by Ms Perception : 08-18-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #58
There is no spoon!

MsP ~ Good for you and resisting the fair food. I know that would be hard for me to do. I loved me some funnel cakes. Actually, I think the brace worked well, usually my knees are achy the next day, and today they aren't. So perhaps with the extra support, I'll be alright. I'm gonna try some cardio today and see how that goes. It's just been killing me that I can't run or at least do the My Fitness Coach on my days off of the C25k..and calorie burn just isn't as good either. So yeah, if by months end, I'm still feeling frumpy about it, I might have to retire it until I lose another twenty pounds. At any rate, have yourself a great day.

Shasha ~ ST will definitely help you tone all those areas. I'm a big avocate of it.The more muscle you have...the more calories you burn.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #59

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Darby Congrats on the new jeans!

Ms Perception--that is awesome you are so close with the month only halfway over!

Well, I stuck with it not eating past 8:30 last night, but the scale did not reward me this morning as it did yesterday. It was up.9 pounds. I am noticing a pattern here though in the past few weeks--I'll go down, then the next day I gain half of whatever I lost back, and then the next few days I go down again, so am not going to give two thoughts to the scale up today.

Thanks for the advice ladies on not eating late and eating a big breakfast. When I started dieting a few months ago, I was actually just eating a piece of fruit, based on this book I read that suggested my problem was related to my gonads, and I should eat a small breakfast to jumpstart my metabolism. I think I'll try eating a bigger breakfast for the next week though and see what happens, especially combined with not eating late at night.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #60

Height: 6'1

Ms P- Wow you are so good. I don't know if I would have been able to resist eating some of that fair food. They are a fair nearby here that is known for frying EVERYTHING. stuff like cheeseburgers, soda, cookies and candy bars. Yuck. Even before I got back on the wagon, that crap didn't sound very good to me. But congrats on almost meeting your goal for the month

Delphi- Glad to hear that you're feeling better. I hate it when my knee aches. The worst is after loooong drives.

jessica- I'm the same. If I lose 2lbs, I will be up the next day and then go down slowly again. It all balances out by next weigh in though.

My day is going by as slow as possible. I have a Healthy Choice for lunch, but I'm craving something with more protein, like chicken or salmon. Also I'm super excited about my kickboxing class tonight, its the only thing I am looking forward to today.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.