3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

August Weight Loss Challenge-thread 2

Old 08-16-2009, 08:23 AM   #16
Never stop dreaming!

Height: 5'5"

Good morning chickies! It's a busy morning so I don't have time to post much other than a quick Hi

I'll be back later for personals and such.

Have a great day and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:01 AM   #17

S/C/G: 240/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

Checking in. I had my weigh in yesterday and lost 3.8 lbs this week. Total of 81.6 now. Only 29 to go. (I also posted on a different thread, some of you may have seen it.)

I didn't do my normal post weigh in eating yesterday. Which was very good for me. We were busy all day long cleaning the basement and even squeezed in a nice bike ride with the kids. And I am keeping track of what I eat.

I want to add another goal for me for Aug. I wanna keep eating at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies every day.

Have a great day everyone!

loriehohlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #18
Sexy Writer Chick

S/C/G: 232/212.2/125

Height: 5'3"

Weighed in this morning after the hardest work day ever yesterday. My back is killing me and it takes a lot of effort to stand up straight.

But... I lost 4 lbs this week!!!

Yeah for me!!

Goals:
Goal 1: 212lbs (20 lbs lost) -reached on:
Goal 2: 199lbs (onederland!) - reached on:
Goal 3: 169lbs (no longer obese!) - reached on:
Goal 4: 140lbs (normal BMI) -reached on:
Goal 5: 125lbs (goal weight)
-------------------------------------------------------
One for every 5 lbs lost
ladyfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:13 PM   #19

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Ladyfyre: Congrats! I was kinda nervous to see your weigh in after you said if you didn't lose weight this week, you couldn't do it at all. Way to go!

I'm down another pound for the past 2 days, which isn't very exciting, because I was already down to this weight earlier in the week before I went up a pound. I guess looking on the positive side, at least I went down a pound and not up again.

I have been trying to make even more changes in my life though, so only seeing a 2 pound weight loss for the week was kinda a bummer. I normally eat until the wee hours of the night, so for the past 2 nights I didn't allow myself to eat after 9:30. I have also upped my exercising from about a half hour a day, to 1 1/2 hours each day for the past week. I have been running a little everyday with the Wii, which considering I haven't run at all in like 10 years says something. This week I started doing the longer durations running too, and I even put the Wii Fit up on a platform, so that doing the step aerobics is actually hard now.

Oh well....maybe I'll see more results next week. I'd better if I want to reach my goal by the end of the month! I still have 7.5 more pounds to lose and 2 pounds a week is not going to reach that, lol.

Last edited by jessicado22 : 08-16-2009 at 01:15 PM.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #20
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5/8

Good Afternoon Ladies, I hope everyone is well. I'm still sore as all get out, but finally back down to my ticker weight, so I'm thinking once all this water leaves I'll see those two pounds I lost actually translate it on the scale. Well this is movie Sunday, so I'm off to be lazy on my day off and watch some groovy movies. YOu ladies have a great day.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #21

HI girlsssssss, happy sunday! Hope your all having a great weekend. Foodwise I did and am doing great but too much partying this weekend. NOt a good morning here as I finally got on the scale and am registering a gain, ughh....I think it's mostly fluids but the drinks the other night didnt help. Anyhow I was frustrated this morning........been exercising plenty, eating healthy, yadda yadda yadda. I have since calmed down, oh I didn't even feel like working out after the WI and I didn't! I decided to take a rest day.

I am staying off the scale for now and just keep on truckin' and do the best I can right now to get through the rest of the summer and of course the parties will have to slow down, etc. I had a great past few days outdoors and have been very active but today is very hot and humid and I stuck indoors to do my chores and catch up with myself...hair, etc.

smileydd, I added you to the members list (last page). Congratulationsssssssss on your weight loss thus far, that is terrific! Let me know if you have any specific goal or goals by months end and I will just add it to your name if that is what you wish.

I was going to do personals but I have to r un. I ready your news and thanks chicks for the kind words and all. I enjoy it....I love our team here and being here together

MsPerception, I hop eyou feel better. Wow on the exercise and clearing the land , even with TOM. you were very active this weekend. Feel better soon

Delphi, I hop eyour hand feels better............SG sorry to hear they lost your chart. I will catch up with you all later on. Ohhhhhhhh, congratulations to those of you on the weight loss girls talk soon.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #22
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Up another pound today....not good! Oh well, I'm still working out and all. I will press on and let this all play out. It may make reaching my August goal tougher, but I'm in this for the long haul, so I'll live either way. It's a lazy day here, so I'm off to watch baseball with DH and see if any energy comes back. Maybe then I'll get on Wii Fit.

Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:40 PM   #23

Height: 5'6"

I only lost a .4 for the week but at least I'm losing. We ate pizza for lunch today, I hope it doesn't affect me too bad. I also ate a big salad with only a little dressing. Sundays are almost always bad as far as eating goes but I think if I'm careful the rest of the day and maybe get a little walking in later I'll be ok. I better get to my water, I haven't drank enough yet.

December Goal

One for every 5lbs lost:
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #24
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Just checking in and saying hi.

Been super busy all day and don't even have time to catch up on the reading. I hope everyone is doing well.

I remember stepping on a scale and feeling resigned to having a 2 as the first number of my weight for the rest of my life. I felt as though I'd never be under 200 lbs again. Guess I was wrong!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:42 PM   #25

Height: 6'1

Hey gals, hope everyone's weekend is going good. I just got home a few min ago from a 5 hour drive..ugh. It was a fun weekend. Got to see my parents so that was pretty nice. I'm so happy I was able to make some great food choices for the most part. I was really hungry at the bbq so before we had the actual meal, I ate more chicken wings than I should have. But I'm not really stressing because I enjoyed myself. Anyways, just wanted to check in before we go to the grocery store for some food for this week. Be back later!
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:52 AM   #26
There is no spoon!

Good Morning Ladies

Well, the good news is I feel much better this morning. The bad news is Darth Scale is a pain. Alas, I will remain steadfast and fight the good fight. I think the extra water I'm drinking is helping tremendously at flushing all this water out. So I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I'm starting my week three today...just looked and OMGosh, three minute intervals? Wow, this should be interesting. I was having problems last night downloading the mp3's and then realized I could subscribe for free to itunes. When I did that, I got it all straightened out though. Yippee!!! Actually looking forward to the challenge this morning. Can you believe my shoulder is still sore? I mean it will be a week tomorrow for crying out loud. But as long as I'm sore, rest assured I'm still retaining.

Well we are rounding out the month now ladies. Time to strap up those boots and get busy. Well I guess I need to roll out (that's my uber too cool mom lingo) so I'll check in on you fine ladies later. Make sure to drink your water and remember to smile today.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #27
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Wow, I'm one of the first few on here today. Just wanted to report I've lost all that stupid TOM weight (unfortunately, not TOM himself though). I'm feeling back to "normal" which is nice because that lethargic feeling was starting to suck big time!
Today DS and I are going to an amusement park near here called ValleyFair. DH got 2 free tickets from work and let us have them. It should be tons of fun. It's got a water park, too, so we'll be there all day for sure. My goal is to not get super sun-burned and not eat amusement park food....we're bringing our own in a cooler!

Delphi-Glad you're feeling better. Hope the pain goes away soon!

Shasha-Nice to hear you had a good time on your trip and made good choices. Keep it up!

SG-Good to see you checking in even when you're busy! Keep on truckin', chickie...and have fun at school!

Ruth-Good job on the loss. Any loss is good! I hear ya on Sundays. We are most tempted to eat out on Sundays, because there are so many yummy options between church and home. Also, in the fall/winter there's football which often calls for snacking (so says DH), so I have to make healthier versions of our faves or healthier snacks in general otherwise it kicks my butt!

FSA-Sorry to hear the scale is not cooperating. I just freaked out at mine. I guess I've been spoiled to not have too much negative TOM effect normally, so this month threw me and I flipped out a little. Once I got back on track, it got better though. Hope you're taking good care of yourself with all that partying! And get in your exercise...you know it'll help!

jessicado-That's great deciding to give yourself a snack cut-off time. I have to do that if I expect to see good steady scale results. Those evening snacks get me everytime...slowing down my progress. Keep on making good choices and the results will come eventually.

ladyfyre-Nice loss! I bet you were pleased with that. I know I would've been thrilled! Now you just need to stop being sore and all will be well. LOL

loriehohlf-Congrats on your loss! I think the fruits and veggies goal will really help too. Once you fill up on that stuff, there's much less desire to eat off-plan foods because you're just not hungry!

Have a great day, ladies!

Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #28
There is no spoon!

MsP ~ Good to hear all that TOM weight has said bye bye and have loads of fun at the fair.

As for me, I just finished up day one of week three and OH MY GOSH, that last three minute run, "almost" got the best of me. But I did this whole, "I am woman hear me roar/growl/scream thingy" and got myself through it. Whew! Felt great! I kinda sounded like a preacher during my cool down though. THere was lots of Thank You Jesus and all that good jazz. At any rate, the day is off to a great start and hopefully I can get through my ST at noon without too much trouble with my shoulder. Oh and does anyone know where I can get some cute vintage t-shirts? Now that I can actually buy cute tops, I kinda wanted to pick me up a vintage tee or two but can't find any around here anywhere.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #29
Never stop dreaming!

Good morning girls!
I am so farggin' tired! I'm drinking my first cup of coffee and I have a feeling it will soon be followed by another... I really need to just

Anyway, I hope you'll all forgive me, but I don't have it in me this morning to do a ton of personals. One of the Birthday Girls (they're 3 today! *sniff*) was up just about every hour on the hour and my oldest has been having problems with insomnia--anyone ever hear of a 9 yr old (almost) having insomnia?!? I'm hoping it's just school jitters and that it works itself out, otherwise we'll be making a trip to the Dr.

Weekend was good, busy yesterday with chores, Sams Club run and In-Laws coming over for dinner--I made grilled sweet potatoes!! Oh My Goodness they were uber YUMMY!!! I can't wait to make them again!

I'm down to 148 today so I get to change my ticker!

Congrats to everyone who's losing!!! MsP~ glad to hear you lost the TOM weight, I was the same way this month, major retention and that's not the norm for me. Delphi~ girl, you're scaring me! My W3D1 is tomorrow...I guess I need to go see what I'm in for *gulp*. Glad to hear your wrist is better, hope your shoulder doesn't give you any trouble today!

Well girls, I managed to get my HIIT and ST'ing in before breakfast--it was so tough as tired as I am, but I powered through it.

Having a last minute play date with Happy Cakes (aka Cupcakes) for the girls--send some my way today k? I'm saving my cupcake eating day for Sunday when my fil is bringing his AWESOME cupcakes for the girls' party.

Okay, I'm rambling and I need more coffee, plus I need to tidy the house for the play date...

Have a wonderful day girls and be sure to get your exercise in! We're over halfway through the month now ladies, let's pick up the pace and buckle down!!! Make sure to smile today and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!

P.S. I'll try to make it back tonight to catch up on all the personals!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #30
There is no spoon!

Sandye ~ Happy b-day to the girls and on another pound biting the dust. You know I think I just hyped myself up about the three minutes and so I had a tough time with it, but I did it. I think if I dumb them down in seconds instead of minutes, it wont seem so overwhelming for me. However, I think most of my problem is that I am a smoker...so I almost feel like I can't breathe, especially when I got to growling/screaming. definitely wouldn't recommend that. At any rate, have fun today.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.